Today the grade four classes hosted parents and family members for our final Celebration of Learning afternoon.
The purpose of this afternoon was for students to showcase and present their group projects, which were PowerPoint presentations based on our inquiry topic, First Contacts.
A variety of topics were covered, including life in 18th Century Britain, life for the First Australians, indigenous artwork, the First Fleet journey and convicts.
Students have been working hard for the past week on their presentations. The steps involved in creating the presentation were:
1. Form groups and decide on a specific topic to present.
2. Plan the presentation.
3. Research the topic online and in library books.
4. Put the information you researched into your own words.
5. Design an interesting and visually appealing PowerPoint presentation (including image attributions and a bibliography).
Everyone did a fabulous job presenting their projects to their classmates, parents and family members. Prior to the afternoon, we discussed the important elements of a quality presentation.
All students worked hard at:
1. Speaking clearly and loudly.
2. Making eye contact with the audience.
3. Elaborating on information when necessary.
4. Engaging the audience with a smile!
Here are some photos from our afternoon. Thanks to our photographer, Ava!
After each presentation, students and parents provided quality feedback to the group. Presenting in front of an audience, which is called public speaking, is not an easy task, but it can be very rewarding. Miss Jordan is so proud of all of the students in 4KJ for doing such a wonderful job with their presentations!