Last week 4KM and 4KJ students worked hard on their Dynamic Assessment Task (DAT).
At the end of each major topic, students at Leopold Primary School complete a DAT, which is a special project. The DAT demonstrates the students’ knowledge and celebrates what they have learnt.
Our first topic for the year was Australian Symbols and Icons. Throughout the term, we learnt about Australian states and territories, our state flags and floral emblems, the national Coat of Arms, popular landmarks, typical Australian food and slang, and famous Australian people throughout history. You can read about our topic here and here.
To successfully complete the DAT, students had to:
1. Pair up with someone in the class and decide what to research. They could choose an Australian state, landmark, place, animal or person to study.
2. Complete research at home prior to the task.
3. Write the research in their own words.
4. Create a PowerPoint presentation to share their information, using headings, images, borders and backgrounds.
5. Present the PowerPoint to the class.
6. Complete peer assessments on each of the presentations.
Everyone did a terrific job with the DAT and Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris were impressed with the final results! Here are four of the PowerPoint presentations for you to read and enjoy.
What did you think of the presentations?
What is your favourite Australian icon or emblem?
What would you choose to research if you had to complete this task?