About Our Teacher

2013 is the tenth year that Miss Jordan has been teaching at Leopold Primary School.

Miss Jordan loves blogging, skyping and collaborating with many classes around the world. She loves to use technology in different ways to help students learn.

During 2012, the 4KM and 4KJ blog came third for Best Class Blog in the worldwide Edublog Awards.

Miss Jordan has presented at many conferences, telling teachers about all the ways she uses technology in the classroom.

**********

ABOUT MISS JORDAN…

What grades levels have you taught before grade four? I have taught grades prep, one and two.

Where did you grow up? I was born in Melbourne and then my family moved to Pomonal, near Halls Gap, when I was eight years old. I moved to Geelong in 2000 to study teaching at Deakin University and have been here ever since!

What do you like doing in your free time? I enjoy reading, seeing movies, spending time with friends, keeping fit, running and cooking.

What is your favourite holiday destination? New York City!

Do you have any pets? I have a black and white cat named Bella. She is about six years old and she’s very cheeky!

12 thoughts on “About Our Teacher

1. Hello and thankyou for a very helpful blogging session.
    I still have a lot to learn but found it useful to navigate around the blogs by completing the family blogging afternoon quiz.
    Thomas and I weren’t quite sure where to leave this comment so hope it finds you.
    Kylie

2. Hi Ladies
    We are moving towards team teaching/ cooperative teaching next semester and know that both of you have had some experience. Have you got any tips or know of some websites that would be helpful? I guess we are looking at what strategies and approaches that work best. We are very excited about this development and believe that will help us grow professionally, as well as supporting our kids better in their learning.
    Any advice would be great!
    Regards
    Kate Todd and Veronica Shabaya

• Hi Kathleen
        Thanks so much! We really appreciate it. I have a feeling it will be as we work together we will grow in what will work for us too. I guess we were just curious as to what will make it effective. Judging by what I have read it really comes down to the relationship that develops between the teachers working together. I’m really looking forward to it. Hope you are having a great time in the US too!
        Kind regards
        Kate Todd

3. Hello,
    My children are in the first stages of developing a class blog, and we will be revisiting yours as a way to seek inspiration and ideas for how to succeed with such a venture.
    Bye for now.

4. Dear Kathleen and Kelly,

Your blog has been so useful for me to set up my own class blog.

This is the second year that I have had the blog running, and the children are enjoying using it.

I need to learn some new skills to fully utilise the features of the blog.

Feel free to visit our blog and help make it better for us-

http://jasonparker.global2.vic.edu.au

Regards,

Jason

• Hi Jason,

We appreciate your kinds words, thank you.

Glad to hear you and your students are enjoying your blogging journey! We’ll endeavour to check out your blog too. 🙂

Thanks for the comment,

Kelly and Kathleen

5. Hi there. My name is mrs Layfield I work at school in Manchester England. I have just built a blog site for our year 4 children. It would be great if we could look at each others work and compare schools.
    My year 4 blog site is
    http://www.dowson.tameside.sch.uk/year4blog
    You can ask us questions on our chat page.
    Thank you
    I have sent two posts in case you didn’t get the first

• Hi Mrs Layfeild,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on our blog. It was so nice of you to leave it and I am so glad that you got the time to leave it for us.

I am sure that the rest of 4KJ will enjoy looking at your blog and comment. I am just about to look at your blog after this comment.

My name is Olivia (Liv) and I love to blog. I am always doing it. I am always leaving comments for the grade.

Thanks again for your comment and I hope to see another one from you soon!

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv 😆 😉 😎

• Hi. My name is Miss Amatt and I am a Year 4 teacher. Mrs Layfield has just taught me how to blog and I am really enjoying sharing work from my class. They would love to see some comments from 4KM and 4KJ and I will encourage them to visit your blog site too!