Guest Post by Mrs Morris

Dear 4KJ and 4LB (4KM),

How are you all? I hope you are all enjoying your time with Miss Jordan and Mr Bao.

Your grade four year is quickly coming to an end. I bet you can’t believe you’ll be in grade five in a couple of months time!

I am enjoying my new role as a stay-at-home mum, however, I do miss all the students and teachers at Leopold Primary School.

Novalie was three months old yesterday. She is growing up quickly and changing all the time.

Novalie has learnt many new skills such as:

• reaching for her toys
  • putting her hands in her mouth
  • rolling from her tummy to her back
  • holding her head and neck up strongly
  • smiling, and making lots of different noises and squeals

She enjoys doing many things such as:

• going for walks in her pram
  • shaking her rattle
  • attending Rhyme Time at the library
  • kicking her legs in her bouncy chair
  • listening to stories and looking at books

It sounds like you’ve been doing some exciting things at school. You were lucky to have your wonderful student teachers back for a few weeks.

The topics you’ve been learning about in Inquiry, Maths and Literacy sound really interesting. I’d love to hear more about them.

I hope you’ll be able to leave a comment and tell me what I’m missing at school!

Your former teacher,

Mrs Morris

Leave Mrs Morris a comment and tell her what you’ve been learning about and what has been happening at Leopold Primary School.

81 thoughts on “Guest Post by Mrs Morris

1. Dear Mrs Morris,

I love this post and i’m going to read it again also Novalie is a very cute baby i remember when my little baby could do all them thing NOW! she can walk she just turned 1 year old. i love her so much her name is Jenna, i forgot how tall she was and how much she weighed.

From Connor F

• Hi Connor,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on the blog. It was so nice of you to leave it and I am glad you got the time to.

I think that the comments you leave are always really good and I am glad that you leave them.

They are always so good and they have a lot of great information in them. I can’t wait to see more of them from you soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

2. Dear Mrs Morris,

I forgot to tell you what we have been doing at school. well i will tell you now.
    we have been doing this like this.
    -In Inquiry we have been working on something about the aboriginals and what it was like a long time ago. These were the topics that we could chose out of.
    -The First Fleet
    -The First Australians

From Connor F

• Hi Connor,

Thanks so much for leaving your awesome comment. I think that it is really good to see them from you.

I think that if you keep leaving comments for Mrs Morris then it will be so good and she will love it.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi again Connor,

Thanks so much for leaving another awesome comment on the blog. It was so nice of you to take the time to do it for us.

I think that they are all great and the way you leave so many of them at the same time is cool as.

Got 2 Gallop,
      liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Dear Connor and Liv,

Thanks for all these great comments!

Connor, yes I do remember you baby sister. She is growing up quickly, isn’t she? I bet she loves playing with you!

Your inquiry topic sounds great!

Best wishes,
        Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks so much for leaving a reply to Connor and I.

You have left some very great comments on the blog and I love them all.

I hope to see much much more of them soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
          Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Lee,

What an awesome comment you left there. It was so nice of you to do it and I am glad you did.

I think that we are all enjoying the topics for our writing because I know that I am.

I wish to see more of these comment on the blog from you because they are great.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

3. Dear Mrs Morris,

I it is great that you made a guest post the blog!
    Novilie looks so cute!

In class our inquiry topic is the first contacts and the firs fleet ( the firs group of ships ). It has been a great topic!

Eden

• Hi Eden,

It sounds like you have been enjoying our new Inquiry topic. I have two and I am loving our writing for this week.

I hope to see so much more comments from you to Mrs Morris because I think that she will think they are awesome.

Everyone is doing such great learning at the moment and I am so glad to see it.And for the last term o the year!

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks also again for leaving a reply to Eden. I am sure she will get back to you soon.

Novalie is just so cute and I am so glad that you had her. I am sure you are happy for that as well.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

4. Dear Mrs Morris,
    It seems like you are having a great time looking after Novalie. She is such a cute baby. It was great that you could write a guest post on the blog.

It is a shame that you can’t teach at Leopold for a while, but fantastic that you get to look after cute Novalie. I hope that you go well looking after Novalie and it is great she has learnt lots of new skills.

In Maths we have done some work on fractions, volume, capacity, data, probability, area, perimeter, prime numbers and at the moment we are learning about temperature.

While we have been learning about temperature we have done average temperatures of capital cities in Australia, and temperature averages in cities all around the world. We had to look up the average temperature of capital cities in Australia on the internet. We did it from coolest to warmest and the minimum and maximum. It was fun at looking up temperature averages from cities all over the world. I tried looking up Paris, France and Messina, Sicily, Italy.

In Literacy our comprehension strategy this week is use pictures, illustrations and diagrams. We have done handwriting and blogging. We finished reading the One and Only Ivan with Miss Smith. It was a great book. Once we had finished reading the One and Only Ivan we had to do an assessment task, in which we could do all sorts of activities like creating your own board game and drawing you favourite scene, along with many others.

In Inquiry we have been learning about First Contacts. When we learnt about the Aboriginals we have done a Venn diagram, a storyboard and some indigenous art, in which we had to get others to crack our codes.

We learnt about Life in the 18th Century in Britain. There were three different types of citizens – Lower class, Upper class and convicts. We have learnt about the different classes and did a letter pretending we were in the 18th century on a scroll. It was so much fun.

Mark Greenwood the author came to visit all the grade 4’s and we learnt all about his books and the legends behind them. In class we have read The Legend of Lasseter’s Reef, Jandamarra, The Legend of Moondyne Joe, Our Big Island, Outback Adventure, Magic Boomerang and at the moment we are reading Simpson and his Donkey. I hope to read Ned Kelly and the Green Sash. Mark’s visit was so interesting and he showed us some photos. When we finish reading Simpson and his Donkey we will hopefully read Fortuyn’s Ghost.

Well it’s time for me to go so good luck with Novalie, and I wish you Nate and Novalie a happy life in the future. I also can’t believe it’s nearly the end of the school year and we are going into grade 5 next year.

Your former student in 4KJ,
    Anneliese

• Hi Anneliese,

What an amazing comment you left. It was so good that I think I could read it over and over again.

This post has got more people commenting on our blog and that is just what we want so I am glad that has happened.

I hope to see much more of these comments from you soon because they are AMAZING!!!

The way you explained everything was amazing. I wish and can’t wait to see more of them from you very very very very soon.

Mrs Morris is going to be very happy when she reads what you have written. I think that will be because the comment you left was just so good and it explained everything so clearly.

I think that the way you said our Maths and Inquiry was amazing.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Liv,
        Thanks for replying to me. It took a lot of time, just about all of reading groups to finish it, so I am glad someone replied.

Novalie is such a cute baby, isn’t she. It would be great to see Mrs Morris and Novalie again. She is great at learning new skills and has learnt a lot judging from Mrs Morris wrote.

It was incredible that Mrs Morris could find the time to write this blog post. It is hard to find spare time with babies, because when my little brother James was born he kept us awake a lot and we could never find spare time.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Annie

• Hi Anneliese,

What a long comment! I can tell this must have taken you all of reading groups to write it.

Thank you for explaining what’s happening at school in such detail.

I read The One and Only Ivan last year, after I got the book as a gift from my teacher friend, Mrs Hembree, in Seattle. It is a fabulous book so I hope everyone in 4KJ enjoyed it.

Can you imagine living in 18th century Britain? It would be a pretty hard life!

It sounds like you know what it’s like with a baby in the house. Nate is holding Novalie now so I can write a couple of comments.

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

I hope you are enjoying blogging because it is so much fun to do.

I am glad you picked to do this instead of anything else. How nice of you.

I am so glad that you have left so many comments because it is so good.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

5. Dear Mrs Morris,

I’ts great that Novilie has learnt all of those great things it is good for Novilie’s Vocabulary in literacy.

We have also been getting up to seeing Mark Greenwood the author at the school L.I.N.C, the stories he has told us are: Jandamarra, Simpson and his Donkey, The Legend of Lasseter’s Reef and Moondyne Joe.

We were inspired about those stories he told us, the books of his that we have are: Jandamarra, Moondyne Joe, The Legend of Lasseter’s Reef, Simpson and his Donkey, Fortunyn’s Ghost, The Magic Boomerang and Our outback Adventure.

The book we are currently reading is Simpson and his Donkey. The next one is Fortunyn’s Ghost.

Mark Greenwood’s new book is called Midnight and it will be released next year when all of the grade fours are in grade five.

Sincerly Jacob :cool: :mrgreen:

• Hi Jacob,

What an excellent comment. I can tell your writing is really improving.

I’m disappointed I missed seeing Mark Greenwood. He sounds like an excellent speaker and writer. What story did you enjoy the most?

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

I must say I am running out of ideas to start off my comments because you have left so many!

It is so good to see them and I am glad you are leaving them for us.

I think that this is Jacob’s best comment ever! It was so good and I think he is pretty proud of himself.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Dear Jacob,

What a long comment. Was that your longest comment that you have ever written?
      I really liked how you included all of the books that Mark Greenwood told us about. My favourite book that we’ve read is The Legend Of Moondyne Joe or The Magic Boomerang.

I really want the new book Midnight to be released. I really want to read it.

Sincerely Mitchell :mrgreen:

• Hi Mitch,

Thanks for leaving that comment on the blog. It was very nice of you to leave it so well done.

I think that we are all enjoying these topics for writing and Inquiry because I know that I am.

It was so nice of you to reply to Jacob. I am sure he will get back to you soon.

It has been an awesome week with all of these comments and I have got blogging today!!!!!

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

6. Hi Mrs. Morris and Bloggers!

Wow! I just love this post!
    Novalie is just adorable! She looks very smart and healthy, doesn’t she!

That is just the cutest smile on a baby I have ever seen! And I’m guessing that Novalie loves to read. She looks very happy reading.

I have been enjoying Inquiry, because right now we are doing a Information Report. So we need to do a bit of researching to get some more information. I even learned a new word, and we need that section to put in our Information report it is, Bibliography!
    It is a very big word!

I think it was 2 weeks ago or something we met a spectacular Author named Mark Greenwood. he is also a co-author. He told us that he loved to write history and it made me much more interested in history. His wife named, Fran`e Lessac done some of the illustrations in some of his books too!

I’m guessing that you have been having lots of noises and more happiness in your home!

Sincerely,
    Princess

• Hi Princess,

Thanks for your lovely compliments about Novalie. I agree, she is very cute.

Bibliography is a big word. I bet there aren’t many grade fours who know what that means. Well done!

There certainly are a lot more noises and happiness in my home. What a lovely expression.

Are you looking forward to the Christmas holidays? I think you only have six weeks left of school?

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

I do know someone in grade four who knows what Bibliography means and it is Caitlin from 4JL.

She told me the other night at the drop off zone. I am glad she knows because we like to try and challenge our selves.

I can’t wait for my Xmas holidays and I know it will be so much fun.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Mrs Morris,

I sure am looking forward for the Christmas holidays!

Six weeks of school?! Cool! But I am going to miss school.

Bibliography is a big word isn’t it. Thank you Mrs Morris! For saying good job! Well I think we all did a good job because no, most of us know what it means.

That is great that there is much more happiness at your home! At my home there is always loud noises because of my little sister. I can’t believe that she is growing up s fast! I wonder what she will look like when she is a bit grown up?! Will she look like me?!

My sister is always hyper. Once she got to bed at 1:00!! Poor mum and dad. They had to take care of her. She is so cheeky sometimes! I would hate to stay up that long. I’m a big sleepy head!

I think Novalie would be really smart when she grows up! She is really paying attention to the book! She sure would be a great listener when she grows up.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you my topic is on Inquiry for my information report it is Life in 18th Century Britain, it is such fun!
        at first our Inquiry topic was hard but it is such fun I like to research about them!

I want to ask you some questions:
        What does Novalie enjoy most at day and night?

Has she got any baby Friends yet?!

How noisy is she?

I better go now nice talking to you!
        Princess

• Hi Princess,

Thanks for replying to Mrs Morris again. It was so good of you to do it for her.

I am sure she will see it very soon and get back to you when she does.

The comments that have been going up on this blog post is amazing and I am glad they have been left.

I think that this topic for us is perfect.

We all like it and enjoy doing it.

I hope to see more of these comments from you soon because they are awesome.

I am on blogging today so I still have a lot more to go yet.

It will be so good to see you replying to much more comments again soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
          Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi again Princess,

It sounds like your sister is very loud. I wonder what Novalie will be like when she grows up too.

I hope Novalie is a great listener like you said. You can learn a lot when you’re a good listener.

To answer your questions:

What does Novalie enjoy most at day and night? At night time Novalie usually goes to sleep. I say usually because sometimes she thinks it is play time at night and we have to tell her that it’s bed time! During the day she likes looking at her toys, listening to stories, going for walks and watching me in the kitchen.

Has she got any baby Friends yet?!
          Novalie has made a few friends. She has also met some of my friends’ babies and toddlers. For example, she had a play with Mr Limb’s two children the other day. She can’t interact with other babies and toddlers yet, but she likes looking at them!

How noisy is she? Novalie can be very noisy when she wants to be. Sometimes she pretends to ‘talk’ by making lots of babbling noises. Sometimes she squeals too. Especially when she’s happy.

Best wishes,
          Mrs M☀rris

• Hi again
            Mrs
            Morris,

That’s a very spectacular and long comment! I looked on Word and you have 198 words!

It must sound really cute when she pretends to talk! When my sister was about one, she tried to talk but we couldn’t understand her. She cried because I think she really wanted us to understand her!

My sister sometimes thinks it’s playtime at night to. She usually stays with me in bed and we chat for half an hour. Last night she even told me she saw Peppa Pig in her Big Red Car!

Well, I think she will make lots lovely friends at school! I wish my sister does too.

A walk sounds really nice! Talking about a nice walk we had the
            Walkathon today.

My sister doesn’t squeal when she is happy she squeals when she is mad, but she sing when she is happy!

My sister hated watching my mum when she was Novalie’s age. She always wanted people around her to play with.

My sister now goes to playgroup so I think she has quiet a lot of toddler friends now.
            Would Novalie go to playgroup when she’s older?
            I bet if we were still at the place I use to live all her friends would be boys! Well really that is fine.

About the noisy thing about Novalie, well, I get a bit noisy myself here at home! But I just can’t help it!
            (I’m not the only one by the way Mrs Morris! My sister is much much louder!)

I’ve got only a little bit more questions sorry if it’s too much questions for you to answer.

Does she sometimes sound like she’s singing?

Does she cry a lot?

Have a great life with you beloved family,
            Princess

• Hi Prinnie,
              What a fabulous comment you left. It is massive. I have never seen a comment this long from you so keep up the good blogging.

Novalie is a cute baby isn’t she. It took me a long tome to read your comment. Roughly 15 minutes, which is a long time for just reading one comment.

I would like to see Novalie and Mrs Morris again. I would like to have Mrs Morris back as a teacher but unfortunately Mrs Morris has to look after little Novalie, which is good for her but a bit sad for us because we don’t see much of Novalie or Mrs Morris anymore.

My favourite thing in the past month had to be the Mark Greenwood author visit. He was an interesting author and a humorous one as well. I liked how he said he had to leave and we were like “NO!” because we didn’t want him to leave but he was just tricking. It is great that he likes to write about History, because I love learning about history and it would be my favourite subject in school is we had History lessons each day.

Got 2 Go,
              Annie :wink: :happy:

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks so much for leaving another comment.

I think that they are all god and I am glad you left it for us.

I think that this post has got everyone commenting which is great to see.

I love to leave comments as you know and I always do it as you also know.

Novalie sounds and looks so cute.

I really want to see her again.

Keep up the great comments on this blog post!

Got 2 Gallop,
            Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

7. Dear Miss Morris and Novalie,

Novalie looks so cute!

In class we have been learning about:

In Inquiry we have been learning about the First Fleet and the First Australians but we call it the First Contacts.

The books we have been reading are Jandamarra, Simpson and his donkey, The legend of Lasseter’s Reef and The Magic Boomerang

We have been going on Dust Echoes lately

I should probaly stop.

Bye For Now,
    Chloe 8)

• Hi Chloe,

Thanks for writing to me. I remember using Dust Echoes with my students in the past. First Contacts sounds like an interesting topic. I bet you’re learning a lot.

Keep working hard!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks for the 100th time for leaving a comment on out blog. It is so nice of you to do all of this.

I hope that you can keep it up maybe back to me or back to someone else. Who knows?

I think you are doing a great job at it so thanks so much.

I used Dust Echoes on Friday and it was a lot of fun. I can’t wait again.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

8. Hi Mrs Morris,

It looks like Novalie is very talented! She must be very happy with a mum like you! It is great that Novalie is looking and listening to books, she will be a great reader at school!

You must be having a wonderful time at home with Novalie. Novalie looks like she is having a great time, if she has a big smile like that!

We are having a lot of fun with Mr Bao and doing some grade 5 and 6 work in maths. We are also doing lots of work on our ‘First Contacts’.
    Miss you lots!
    Your former student,

Charlotte :lol:

• Hi Charlotte,

How great to hear from you! My first comment from someone in 4KM (sorry, 4LB) on this post. Was it hard to get used to saying 4LB?

I do hope Novalie will be a great reader, like you. Nate and I really enjoy reading and we want Novalie to get the same enjoyment out of books!

It sounds like you’re doing some really challenging work in maths. I bet you have all improved your skills enormously since I left!

Are you looking forward to grade five? You will be finished the school year before you know it!

I hope to come in again soon to say hi.

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris, (for the last time for now)

Thanks so much for leaving another comment. I hope that you will leave many more.

You are doing so great with all of the comments and I am loving them all.

I can’t wait for grade 5 and it will be a great school year.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thank you for your reply!

It was hard to get used to our new grade name 4LB. But I have got the hang of it.
        I am really looking forward to grade 5 but sad to leave grade 4!

Thank you for saying I was a great reader!

I would like to start to learn to type without looking at the key board and maybe get as wonderful as you! :lol:

Your Former Student,

Charlotte :lol:

• Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for getting back to me.

There is no denying that you’re a great reader and I know you enjoy books. I hope you always enjoy reading.

I think you will definitely be able to achieve your typing goal if you stick with it. When I was younger, I couldn’t type without looking at the keys. Then after lots of practice, it just came naturally to me. It saves a lot of time!

Say hi to all the 4LB kids for me!

Best wishes,
          Mrs M☀rris

9. Dear Mrs Morris and 4KJ,
    I think that Novalie is a great name for a baby,

While you were away we have done a lot of exciting things like, A visit from Mark Greenwood, we wrote some haiku poems about what we enjoy doing most , we also read the book called The One and Only Ivan ,
    also we had a visit from the life ed [education]and
    we have a new inquiry topic called First contacts.
    Sincerely,
    Mitchell,s

• Hey Mitch,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on the blog. It was so nice of you so keep it up!!

Everyone is leaving such great comments on the blog and I think that they are all doing wonderful.

I hope to see comments from everyone again soon even you to.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Mitchell,

I hope you enjoyed Life Ed. I always enjoyed taking my students to see Harold in the van.

The One and Only Ivan is a wonderful book.

Keep working hard.

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

10. Dear 4KJ and Mrs Morris,

First of all what a great post Mrs Morris. I was about to write Miss Jordan there because I am so used to writing that.

It was such a surprise to see that Mrs Morris had left a guest post and I am very glad she left it for us to read and have a look at.

I have enjoyed replying to all of the comments on this blog post and will enjoy doing a lot more when they get approved.

Just so you guys know I took a break from blogging and now I won’t stop. I guess I want to make up for the times I didn’t do it.

At least I still got to reply to some comments as well as everything else. It has been a wonderful time.

FOR MRS MORRIS:

We have been doing so much lately since you have been gone. It has been fun and sad at the same time. It has been sad because you are not here and good because we have been doing so much fun things.

Anther sad thing was my dog died on the 16 of OCT and she had to be put down at the vet while we were at school that day.

It was sad but I have tried very hard to c=move on because it is just heart breaking. I wish she was still here but oh well.

I also enjoyed the visit from Mark Greenwood. He gave us a lot of good stories and I didn’t want to leave. He was so good with it all and I loved it.

We are enjoying reading his books and would love to read more. We can’t wait and know it will be awesome.

I hope to see you again soon because I miss having you around. Here are just a couple more things:

Novalie is just so cute and I wish she was my baby sister or at least related to me in some way.

It was just a little bit hard to get used to saying 4LB but I think we have all got there in the end and are happy with the name.

I as I said before hope to see you and little Novalie again soon maybe when she is in a bit of a better mood.

Got 2 Gallop,
    Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Liv,

Thanks for your great comment.

I’m so sorry to hear about your dog. It is always sad when you lose a pet.

It is very nice of you to say that you wish you were related to Novalie. She sure is cute. I do hope to bring her in when she’s in a better mood. She does get grumpy when she’s tired. Unlike you and me, she can often only stay awake for an hour or so before needing a sleep!

I have to thank you for writing all those wonderful replies to the other students. You are still a role model student. I know you must make Miss Jordan very proud!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thank you so much for replying to me. It is such a wonderful thing to see so many comments from people.

I saw your comment the other day and forgot to get back on a reply to it after my shower.

I think that you, me and the other students from 4KJ and 4LB are doing great at leaving comments on this blog post and I am glad of that.

It is so cool to see it all happening and I am glad that you put this blog post up on the blog.

I can now look at the screen while I am typing and it is making things a lot more easier.

It would be so cool having a baby sister and I wish I had one.

Mum said she might have one but no on the other hand.

No because my brother always goes down to their bed so she said it is already hard enough without a baby in the house at the same time.

I hope to see more of these awesome comments from you again soon because they are so good and I am loving them all.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Liv,

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for all these wonderful comments on the blog.

You are so enthusiastic about commenting! Perhaps you should leave some comments on some other blogs – such as Mrs Yollis’ class blog. I know they would love to hear from one of their Aussie buddies.

Keep blogging!

Best wishes,
          Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

What a great idea!

I left a comment on their blog last Sunday I think and will be ready for another shortly.

I think that you are also leaving some awesome comments on the blog and I am loving them all.

I can’t wait to hear from you again soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
            Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks so much for replying Kyle. I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he can.

I would love to have a baby sibling because it would be cool to hold them and look after them.

Although there is some things that will be annoying having one in the house at the same time as my brother.

Thanks again for your comment and keep it up for me please!

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

11. Hi Mrs Morris,

What a great post! Novalie seems like she is having a great time with you.

Those things that Novalie can do seem interesting. I never new a baby could have so many skills! They look basic but i am sure she will be famous after completing a few more tricks! :)

Today we are having a walkathon that we hope it won’t rain. Where crossing our fingers.

We miss you very much Mrs Morris. We all can’t wait to see you again!

Got 2 Gallop,
    Paris ♥

• Hi Paris,

It sounds like you got to the Walkathon in the end? That’s great! The weather isn’t very nice today.

It is fun to watch Novalie learn new things all the time.

I look forward to seeing you again soon too!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks again for leaving another reply to Paris. As I said before it is getting so good that you are leaving all of these comments.

I hope to see much more of them again soon before a new blog post goes up.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

12. Dear Mrs Morris,

Isn’t Novalie cute.

I am impressed with the skills Novalie can do.

I enjoyed Mark Greenwood coming in. My favourite story he told us was about Simpson and is donkey.

We jut started read the book and it is really good.

I am looking forward to seeing Novalie again.

Harry :cool: :razz: :D

• Hi Harry,

How nice to hear from you. I like your avatar.

Simpson and his Donkey is a great story. Mark Greenwood sounds like a talented storyteller.

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

I do think that Mark is a talented writer and he has an amazing imagination to change the stories around.

I don’t know how he does it but it is so cool and I am glad he is an author.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Mrs Morris,

It was so nice of you to reply to all pof the comments on this blog post.

i think that we are both doing a great job and I am glad that you are doing them for us all to see and read.
        I can’t wait to see more of them from you soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

13. Dear Mrs Morris and 4KJ,

Great guest post Mrs Morris. I loved seeing Novalie a couple of of weeks ago. She was so cute. I hope you and Novalie are having a great time together.

This school has been really busy the last couple of weeks. We had year 7 and 8 students from Newcomb Secondary College come and perform, and we just did a walkathon. It was a great achievement for me and I hope Novalie gets to do things like this when she’s older like us!

Here are a couple of questions for you Mrs Morris.
    Q. How is Novalie going?
    Q. Do you miss teaching here?
    Q. Do you enjoy spending heaps of time with Novalie?
    Q. Do you and Nate take Novalie out to play centers?
    Q. What’s Novalie’s favourite thing to do?

I hope you get the chance to see us again :!:

Well it’s nice hearing from you Mrs Morris! :wink: :smile:

Kind Regards,
    Meg
    P.S I would love to see Novalie again, I think everyone does though!

• Hi Meg,

Thanks for your great comment. I’m glad you got to do the Walkathon and it didn’t rain!

To answer your questions:

Q. How is Novalie going? She’s going great!
      Q. Do you miss teaching here? I sure do. I especially miss all the 4KJ/4LB students and the teachers.
      Q. Do you enjoy spending heaps of time with Novalie? It is nice to stay home and spend lots of time with Novalie.
      Q. Do you and Nate take Novalie out to play centers? We haven’t been to a play centre yet. Maybe when she’s a toddler she will enjoy going to one.
      Q. What’s Novalie’s favourite thing to do? She likes laying on her mat and looking at all of her toys.

Keep working hard in 4KJ!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks so much for another awesome comment on this blog post.

It was so good and I am glad that you left it for us to look at and read.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

14. Hi Mrs Morris and 4KJ,

This is one great guest post by Mrs Morris! :smile:

Novalie is so cute and I like how she is blending in with literacy as how she is reading books!

Last Friday we had Newcomb Secondary school come to perform a little music for us. It was very nice!

See you soon,
    Eb :razz:
    P.S: Nova lie is growing up so fast!

15. Hi Mrs Morris,

How wonderful is it that Novalie is learning all of these skills. It’s exciting that we don’t know what skills she will learn next. Learning lots of skills at such a young age is good for when Novalie grows up.

Recently we have been reading some of Mark Greenwoods books such as, Moondyne Joe, The Legend of Lasseter’s Reef, Magic Boomerang, Our Big Island, Outback Adventure, Fortuynes Ghost and Jandamarra. All of these books were interesting. Most of them wee based on true stories. A couple of weeks ago Mark Greenwood himself came and talked about the adventures and what the stories mean.

Have you read any of Mark Greenwoods books?

From Yunus :lol: :)

• Hi Yunus,

What an amazing comment you left there. Thanks for leaving it by the way. I thought it was so cool and good of you to do it.

Well done and I hope to see so much more of them from you again very very very very soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

• Hi Yunus,

You’re right, it is exciting to not know what skills Novalie will learn next.

I haven’t read any of Mark Greenwood’s books but I might have to ask Miss Jordan if I can borrow some to look at. They sound great!

I hope you’re having fun in 4KJ. Not long now until you’re in grade five!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on the blog again. It is so good.

I am so happy that you have left them and I am glad you got the time to do it for us.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

16. Dear Mrs Morris,
    We have been learning about lots of awesome things in class like shapes in maths and in inquiry we have been learning the first fleet.

I loved doing the information reports. The topics we could choose were First Australians life in 18th century Britain and the first fleet.:mrgreen:

Well, got to go,
    Jack :lol:

• Hi Jack,

I’m glad to hear you love doing information reports. I always enjoyed that style of writing too.

Keep working hard!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

thanks so much for replying to Jack as well. All of these comments are great and I am loving them all from everyone.

I would love to see more of them from you again soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool:

17. Hi 4KJ and Mrs. Morris,

Great Post!

In class we have been learning about First contacts and the first fleet in Inquiry In Maths we have been learning about temperature in Austraila and around the world.

We also had a visit from a author Mark Greenwood and we have been reading his books in class.

From Connor.L :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Hi Connor,

Great to hear from you. It sounds like you’re having fun at school.

Say hi to Ethan for me!

Best wishes,
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

It was so nice of you to reply to Connor and I am sure he will get back to you soon.

I hope to see all of these great comments from everyone again soon.

I knew this blog post would be a hit and get a lot of comments on it.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv :lol: ;) :cool: