Life Education Visit

Yesterday the students in 4KJ enjoyed a visit to the Life Ed Van.

The focus for the ninety minute session was “Be Cyberwise”. Our instructor, Gaye, and her helper, Harold the giraffe, led us through some discussions and activities to practise being safe online.

We focussed on:

• Being responsible and respectful online
  • Making strong passwords
  • Knowing how to to keep your personal information safe
  • Developing strategies for dealing with cybersafety issues.

We had some interesting conversations and participated in some interactive tasks to learn about being cyberwise. Here are some photos from our Life Ed session.

In 4KJ we regularly talk about being safe and responsible online. We always practise good “netiquette” in class, so it was great to focus on this important issue in the Life Ed van!

*****

Do you have a tip for being safe and responsible online?

What does “Cyberwise” mean to you?

2 thoughts on “Life Education Visit

1. Dear 4KJ and Miss Jordan,

Thanks so much for writing this blog post. It was very good to see one about the life ed van. I can’t wait to read it when we get back to school.

I think that Gaye did a great job ad Harold was a great assistance to her. I am so glad that this post was put up here.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

Yes I do and that is to not say yes to everything that comes up on your screen.

What does “Cyberwise” mean to you?
    I think that it means to me to be safe on the internet and not click on everything that comes on the screen.

I hope that v=everyone had a great time in the life ed van and enjoyed seeing Harold. I also hope you learnt something when we went there.

It was so good to see everyone having a great time and I think those little videos were very interesting to learn about.

I hope you all rest up tonight and get ready for P.E first up in the morning.

Got 2 Gallop,
    Liv 😆 😉 😎

2. Hi 4KJ,

Great Blog post Miss Jordan!

I think the Life Ed Van was great! It was good that the wonderful lady Gaye and giraffe Harold told us a bit more about Cyber Safety and and how to make strong passwords.

My tips is to always be responsible and sensible online. So never give out your personal information or your log in details.

To cyberwise means to be wise online!

Got to gallop on Teddy,
    Ava