Our inquiry topic for Term Four is called First Contacts.
In this history based unit, students will explore:
- Indigenous history of the eighteenth century
- The lives of the aborginal people at this time
- Those who travelled to Australia on the First Fleet
Some of our focus questions this term will be:
- Why did the great journeys of exploration occur?
- What was life like for Aboriginal people before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Why did the Europeans settle in Australia?
- What were the early interactions like between the Aboriginal people and the European settlers?
The students have enjoyed the introductory lessons in this unit of work. We are all looking forward to learning more about Australia’s history.