Today is the first day of Term Four, our final school term for 2013.
On the holidays, Miss Jordan bought a new camera and enjoyed experimenting and learning about the features.
It will be a very busy eleven weeks in 4KJ. Some of the things we have planned include:
- Miss Smith is back in our classroom for the first three weeks of the term to complete her final teaching placement.
- Our inquiry topic is a history based unit, titled First Contacts.
- Australian author, Mark Greenwood, is visiting the grade fours to discuss his books.
- An incursion presented by Indigenous Infusion.
- A celebration of learning afternoon for family members.
In Maths we will learn about:
- Area and perimeter
- Volume and capacity
- Shape and symmetry
- Problem solving
- Number revision
In Literacy we will be focussing on:
- Information reports
- A variety of CAFE and metacognitive reading strategies