Term Four Begins

Today is the first day of Term Four, our final school term for 2013.

On the holidays, Miss Jordan bought a new camera and enjoyed experimenting and learning about the features.

It will be a very busy eleven weeks in 4KJ. Some of the things we have planned include:

• Miss Smith is back in our classroom for the first three weeks of the term to complete her final teaching placement.
  • Our inquiry topic is a history based unit, titled First Contacts.
  • Australian author, Mark Greenwood, is visiting the grade fours to discuss his books.
  • An incursion presented by Indigenous Infusion.
  • A celebration of learning afternoon for family members.

In Maths we will learn about:

• Area and perimeter
  • Volume and capacity
  • Shape and symmetry
  • Problem solving
  • Number revision

In Literacy we will be focussing on:

• Information reports
  • Poetry
  • Narratives
  • A variety of CAFE and metacognitive reading strategies

What are you looking forward to in Term Four?

What do you hope to learn in your final term of Grade Four?

35 thoughts on “Term Four Begins

1. Dear 4KJ,
    This term I am looking forward to learning about our inquiry topic Australian history.

In term four I hope to learn volume and capacity.

Sophie

• Hi Sophie,

Thanks so much for leaving your comment on the blog. It is so nice to see everyone back at school for the first day.

All of our topics sound very interesting and I can’t wait to see you guys n Friday when I get back from here.

By the way I have sent post arc to you which I am not sure is going o reach you until Wednesday possibly Thusday.

See you all then!!!

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Hi Sophie,

What a great quality blog comment! Good job!

I am really looking forward to our inquiry topic too. I am actually looking forward to a lot of things in term 4. Are you?

Have a great term 4 Sophie!

Got 2 Gallop,
      Paris ♥

• Hi Pariz,

Thanks so much for also replying to Sophie. It is so good to see my group on blogging today.

I thought that because it was Ungu’s turn today the I will leave some comments for my group as well.

I hope that you guys all enjoyed your snack and will enjoy having my back on Friday.

I think that all of our topics for this term look really fun and I am going to need to pay attention because I need to learn what they are and what they mean.

I can’t wait to see you all again soon so keep up the great wprk and be ready for what I have to tell you about my trip when I get back.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Hi Sophie,

Great comment ❗

This term I am looking forward to learning our inquiry topic too. I am also looking forward to problem solving in maths!

In term four I hope to learn about poetry in literacy, and area and perimeter in maths. I actually try and do poetry at home, my dad always sings songs at home and I get some ideas so, a big thank you to him.

Kind Regards,
      Meg πŸ˜‰ :mrgreen:

• Hi Meg,

I think that you will be very good at poetry then if you try and do it at home.

I have tried many times before but can just not seem to get it right.

Thanks for your comment by the way maybe I should try to write this aty the start of my comment or maybe the end.

It will be so good to leanr all of these new things for Term 4.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Dear Sophie,

Thank you for the great comment on our class blog. It was good to see you leaving more and more comments and they are very good.

Good job for also being the first person to leave a comment on the class blog.

Keep up the great blogging.

Jess πŸ˜† :mrgreen: πŸ™‚

• Hi Jess,

Thanks also for leaving a comment. It was so nice of you to.

I think that you also leave a lot of great comments on the blog.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

2. Dear 4kj and miss Jordan,
    I know a bit about the first fleet that landed in Australia. the first fleet landed in Australia at sydney cove and claimed New South Wales for britain in 1770 AD.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTION,

Q. What are you looking forward to this term.

A. I am looking forward to learning more about the first fleet and also about the incursion which is presented by Indigenous Infusion.

• Hey Mitch,

I have a lot of learning to do because I have absolutely no idea what that means but you must now a lot according to what you wrote.

I think that it will be interesting to see, do and leane Bout what we are doing ow in Term Four.

What I am lookin forward to the most is seeing you all and have Miss Smith back in the classroom with us all.

Got 2 Gaalop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Hi Mitchell,

I am looking forward to all the new topics we are going to learn. One of the main things I am really excited about is writing narratives! I have basically became addicted to writing anything.

Great comment by the way!

Got 2 gallop,
      Paris

• Hi Paris,

Thanks so much for replying to Mitchell as well as me. It was so nice of you to.

I think that learning all of these new topics will be very fun and interesting.

I love to write as well and will always try and make new interesting things.

Keep up the great comments on the blog and make sure you enjoy writing stories.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

3. Hi 4KJ,

Great post. In term four I’m looking forward to learning about the first people to live in Australia and the history of the aborigines that lived in Australia. I will also look forward to to learning about narratives, poetry’s, symmetry and shape.

From Mitchell

• Hi Mitchell,

I have read over my comments that I left to Sophie and Mitchell S and realised I have made some mistakes so I will try not to in this comment.

Thanks for leaving your comment by the way it was so nice of you to and I am glad you got the time to do it for us all to see and read.

It is so interesting to find out what we will be doing in the next term and I can’t wait to come home at the end of term telling my parents all about what I have learnt and the fun I have had.

It was so good to catch up with you.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Hey Mitchell,

Great comment!

I’m looking forward to learning about the first people in Australia as well.

I love learning about history so I think I will love this topic.

I want to learn more about what tools the aborigines used for what. I also want to learn what food they ate.

Bye,
      Harry πŸ˜† 😎 πŸ˜†

• Hi Harry,

It sounds like you want to learn about some very interesting things.

Thanks so much for your comment by the way. I hope you will be able to go home and tell your parents and family what you leanrt and how you learnt it.

Maybe you could even tell them how much fun you had learning about it.

I must say everything this Term will be very interesting to leanr about and I need to be reading for all of the learning.

Got 2 Gallop,
        Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

4. Dear 4KJ,

Great Post Miss Jordan! πŸ˜‰

Q. What are you looking forward to in Term Four?
    A. I am looking forward to doing narratives and learning about problem solving

Q.What do you hope to learn in your final term of Grade Four?
    A. I am hoping to learn more about volume and capacity.

See you soon,
    Eb πŸ™‚

• Hi Ebony,

Thanks so much for leaving your comment on the blog post about Term 4 beginning.m It was so nice of you to do it for us.

I think that we are all going to have a very fun time in the last Term of Grade 4. I know that there is some interesting things that I want to learn about this Term.

Your answers to your questions were great and I am going to tell you some things about them now.

Narratives and Problem solving are a very fun thing for me to do so I think that I will enjoy learning about them.

I learnt a little bit about volume and capacity in Grade 2 or 3 and I know that it is a great subject to learn about so I will enjoy that one as well I think.

Got 2 Gallop,
      liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

5. Hi 4KJ,

I am very much excited about learning new things in term 4. Especially going to be able to write narratives and learning about our new inquiry topic.

I hope that everyone had a great term three and are looking forward to having a great term 4.

Got 2 Gallop,
    Paris ♥

• Hi Paris,

Great comment!

I had a terrific term 3 and would love to do it again! Bring it on term 4.

I can’t wait to get started on narratives. I love writing narratives. When I have nothing to do at home I write a narrative and type it on the computer once I’m done with my draft.

Got to gallop on Beau and Teddy (the two horses I ride),
      Ava

6. Hi 4KJ,
    Great post πŸ˜›

I hope every one had a good holiday. I am looking forward to everything for this term.

The main things are learning about our new Inquiry topic First contacts, meeting Mark Greenwood the Australian author and area and perimeter.

I can’t even believe it is already the last term of grade four.

From 😎 Darcy πŸ˜›

• Dear Dacy,

Yes I did have a great holiday.
      Did you do anything special on the holidays.

Mark Greenwood is coming to town you tolled me that.

It’s all ready day two of Term 4. Time fly’s all right.

Looks like you can’t wait for term 4.

From Riley

• Hi Darcy,

I’m also looking forward to sum topics like maths, our Inquiry, blogging, and literacy Block.
      I hope everyone had a excellent 2 week holiday.
      By Jake πŸ˜›

• Hi Darcy,

I Had a great Holiday and this term I am looking forward to learning more about the first contacts.

I am looking forward to meeting Mark Greenwood this term.

From Connor.L πŸ˜†

• Hi Darcy,
      Lol!!
      Me to I cant really believe that it is the last term of Grade Four!
      I will sure miss my friends in this grade. I wish me and my friends don’t split up!

Same but mostly I am looking forward to the First Contacts. It is just because I don’t really know anything the first contacts and stuff.

Hope you had a great holiday too!
      What did you do on your holidays?

Your funny!
      Princess πŸ˜†

7. Hi 4KJ,

I am just as excited for term 4 as you are. Term 4 has so many fun and educational things to do. Just by reading this post I am already doing research and practise.

Our Inquiry lesson is interesting. Learning about the first Australians and the first fleet. This topic I will be looking forward to the most.

Maths will be a bit tricky since I don’t know a lot about Volume. I have asked my family and I think I know what it’s about now. It will be a lot of learning in Maths.

In literacy that should be easy. Poetry I remember I did earlier in my school years. Narratives I’ve had heaps of experience in my days. Information reports will be one of the hardest for me. I don’t know a lot about information reports but the name gives me a clue.

What is going to be easy or hard for you this term?

From Yunus πŸ™‚

• Hi Yunus,

Great comment!
      Yeah, I a really excited because of all the new things that we are going to do in Term Four.

I think for me is Volume and Capacity is going to be hard for me because I don’t really know anything about it. And plus I kind of get confused!

I don’t really know what is going to be easy for me but i will wait and see!

What do you think is going to be easy or hard for you?

Your friend,
      Princess

8. Hi 4KJ,

Great post and great comments!

I am defintely looking forward to working on narratives! πŸ˜›

I am hoping to learn more about area and perimeter this term.

What are you looking forward too?

Got 2 Gallop,
    Millie ♥

9. Hi 4KJ,
    Term Three was a great term for me. My highlights were going on Maldon Camp, getting to see Miss Smith at camp and learning lots of new things in Maths and Inquiry.

Our Plants in Action topic was fun. I enjoyed going to the Ocean Grove Nature Reserve. I learnt lots of things there. I enjoyed planting the bean seeds with my group.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
    A. In Term Four I am looking forward to learning about our history based Inquiry topic, First Contacts.

From Anneliese

10. Hi 4KJ

This term I Want to learn more about First Contacts and about what did the Indigenous people do when the British came to Australia.

I’m looking forward to going on the incursion.
    What are you looking forward to this term?

Got to go
    Jack :mrgreen:

• Hi Jacko!

I am looking forward to nearly EVERYTHING!!

I am also so happy that we have Miss Smith again But next year I am really going to miss blogging, Miss Smith and Miss Jordan of course!
      But you might know we might get Miss Smith!! And I also might leave comments on this blog!

Bye Jacko!!
      Princess

11. Dear 4KJ,

This is a great post Miss Jordan. Miss Jordan has a
    very go camera and it looks very professional and I wont one now. Q. What are you looking forward to in Term Four? A. The first contacts and perimeter
    and area. Q. What do you hope to learn in your final term of Grade Four? A. Time, the first contacts and perimeter and area.

Best Wishes

From Heather

12. Dear 4KJ and Miss Jordan,

Welcome back to your final term of the year!

It is fall here in the northern hemisphere, and the weather is starting to cool down. It has been in the high 80s ˚F (25˚C), but today it cooled down and even rained!

Miss Jordan, that is one fantastic camera! Hopefully you’ll be contributing lots of photographs to our 365 project! Here is a link so you will have the email address:

http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/join-our-class-365-blog.html

Your students are invited to contribute as well!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

• Dear Mrs Yollis,

Thanks for your blog comment! We are looking forward to a lot of learning and fun this term. I can’t quite believe we only have one term left!

It’s always so interesting to think about the opposite seasons between our two hemispheres. Althought it is halfway through spring for us, we haven’t had a lot of warm weather yet. Spring temperatures and conditions are so changeable here.

Yes, I am really enjoying my new camera! I meant to take photos of some kangaroos and other wildlife on the holiays, but alas, I forgot! I will have to contribute some photos to your 365 project soon.

We look forward to reading your class blog posts and commenting this term.

Your friend,
      Miss Jordan