Storybird

This week students have enjoyed using Storybird to create stories.

Storybirds are short online stories that are inspired by art. Miss Jordan signed up all of the 4KJ students through her teacher account.

There are all sorts of different artwork you can choose from to illustrate your Storybird. The students chose their artwork first to help them think of story ideas.

Here are some of the stories…

What did you think of the Storybirds?

What would you like to write a Storybird about?

How do you think Storybird can help improve your creative writing skills?

6 thoughts on “Storybird

1. Hi 4KJ,

Great blog post, Miss Jordan! 😉

I think Storybird, is a great tool to use in the classroom, because if you were a teacher and you were teaching your kids about writing a narrative, you could use Storybird.

Here are the answers to the questions:
    Q. What do you think of our Storybirds?
    A. I think all of the Storybirds are fantastic. Of course, Ava would do one about horses, but in her Storybird she did something a little bit different, but it did still have some horses in it. Now I’m not quite sure who’s the bottom one is. Oh well, it’s still amazing ❗

Q. What would you like to write a Storybird about?
    A. I would write a story about a girl who learns how to travel, because I would like to do something different, because nearly every story I read, it has animals in it, and it’s how the feel, and what they do. So I think it would be good to do a Storybird about a girl who learns to travel. I know there are books that have people but it would still be interesting!

Q. How do you think Storybird can help improve your creative writing skills?
    A. Well, I’m actually not that sure on how Storybird can help us improve our creative writing skills. Sorry. 🙁

I love using story bird in our class room because it helps me, with my writing skills, my spelling skills, it helps me to be creative and it helps me to write narratives.

I have made a Storybird at home and it is about a donkey who has an adventure. It’s called ‘The Donkey’s Adventure.’ It’s were there is a donkey and he gets lost, so he walks and walks and he goes threw, jungles, towns, and he finally gets back home to his family. I think it is going to be a great story!

I think that Storybird has great themes to choose. They are all so colourful, the pictures aren’t that crowded, and they have a good variety of photos to have in your story.

The way Storybird works is amazing. The way how you choose a photo and you can put it where ever you want on the page. And I think that when I’m older, I will become a teacher and use Storybird, in the classroom, with my kids. I think they would love using it too.

Great post again, Miss Jordan!

Happy Blogging,
    Meg 😀 :mrgreen:

• Hi Meg,

Great comment! You just beat me to it.I have been working on a lot of things at once and I have been stuffing around.

I saw your comment when I submitted mine but have been getting other things ready at the same time.

Believe me I have got a lot of things to do that is going to keep me busy all night.

My comment wasn’t the longest I have done but it was still long. (It doesn’t matter about the size of it though.)

I love to blog and using story bird is nearly beating it. But it is still 2nd.

I don’t want it to beat blogging and it isn’t going to. I think that blogging is so much more fun.

I still love to use story bird because it can help you with your blogging and writing stories in class.

I think that the answers to your questions were great and I am going to look at them for ages.

That is one of the things I have been doing which has caused me to submit my comment now.

Great comment again on the blog and also another thing to do with again is to keep leaving these comments with such great information in them.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv 😆 😉 😎

2. Dear 4KJ and Miss Jordan,

What a great blog post I new that there was going to be one up because Miss Jordan said she would write one will we were with Mrs Puatti.

It was so fun to make the story bird and I am so glad that that was one of our lessons for the week. It was so much fun and everyone enjoyed it.

I am in the middle of writing my blog post on my blog now and I found out how to get the pics Miss Jordan.

My comment isn’t going to be that long like the others because here is my to do list………………..

Leave a comment on Paris’ blog, Ava’s, Jess’s, finish my blog post, reply to the 3 comments on my blog, check my Emails and update my Ultranet. (The books we write about.)

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

What did you think of the Storybirds?
    I thought that they were fun and I am going to keep creating more and more. (But when I finish the one I have started.(

Bullying because I want to get a message around to bullies and people who do get bullied that it is not a nice thing and you need to stop.

So I have written one about a plant that gets bullied and the bully does something extremely bad and then decides he needs to fix what he has done.

Because when you have pictures everything you are going to write about should be in the picture.

Well I must say when we keep getting these great comments from people our blog is going to go up so high with visitors just like it has now.

Got 2 Gallop on Barney,
    Liv 😆 😉 😎

3. Dear 4KJ and class,

Great post Miss Jordan!

Q.What did you think of the Storybirds?
    A. I think all of the story birds looked great!

Q.What would you like to write a Storybird about?
    A. I would like to write a storybird about someone going to school!

See you soon,
    Eb 😉

• Hi Ebony,

Thanks so much for leaving the comment on our blog. It was so nice of you to do it and I am glad that you sent it right before snack so well done.

You mus have tried to type fast because there was only a minute left so you were in a rush I can imagine.

I is god to already see 4 (now 5) comment on this blog post. It would be good if we could get this many or more over the holidays.

I hope to see this blog post filled with comments by the end of the holidays when we get back to school.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv 😆 😉 😎

4. Pingback: Term Three Reflection | Meg's Enjoyable Blog