Grade Four Celebration Of Learning Afternoon

Today the grade four classes held a special event titled The Grade Four Celebration of Learning Afternoon.

Students invited a special person to the classroom for an hour to share their learning, knowledge and skills. It was wonderful to see many mums, dads, siblings and grandparents enjoying the session.

Ava, Mitchell C and Millie introduced our afternoon with a terrific speech about the learning that happens in 4KJ.

Students then paired up with their special visitors to share in some learning fun. Here are the tasks they completed…

Everyone was very engaged with the activities and it was wonderful to see and hear the students telling their special visitors all about their classroom learning experiences.

Here are some photos from our afternoon…

*****

What did you like about our “Celebration of Learning” afternoon?

What activity did you and your special person enjoy most?

Did you teach your special person something new?

26 thoughts on “Grade Four Celebration Of Learning Afternoon

1. Dear 4KJ,

Great post!

It is good to see that we did a post about the learning afternoon. It is good to show all the other people what we do in class if they don’t know.

It was a lot of fun today. I enjoyed it very much. Well, I think we all did.

It was great to see all the different family members and friends there. I think that all the kids enjoyed having them there and showing them what we were learning.

When they came we did not just talk about what we were learning we were also played an array game, we were showing them some of our writing and what we do in class.

Some family members left a comment on the blog, which was great for them to do. It is good to see family members having a go and leaving comments. Some family members might have never left a comment before.

We are doing a thing called August Is Family Blogging Month. This is where one person each day has to leave a comment on the class blog. It is the student with the most comments at the end of the month that wins but it is not all about the prize. It is still a fun thing to do even if you win or not.

Thanks again for the great post Miss Jordan.

Jess

• Hi Jess,

What a great comment you left on the blog for us to see. I am sure we are all going to enjoy looking at it in class.

I like it because it was long and gave people lots of information about August is Family Blogging Month.

Miss Jordan always has good topics to write about for a post and that is a good thing.

I wish I came up with the same ideas every once in a while maybe. Or it would be good for more.

I am sure that if a family member were to look at your comment they would know a lot more about august is family blogging month.

Yes I agree with you………. it is not all about wining the prize at the end it is about having a go at getting family members to leave a comment.

I was going to reply to some of the family members comments on the other post but then saw this one.

Thanks again for leaving us such a detailed comment and keep it up by the way.

I hope you like the information I have been putting into my comment and I hope you can reply to it for me.

Got 2 Gallop,
      liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Dear Liv,

Thank you so much for the great reply. It was very nice of you to.

I think that you are doing very well will your blogging. You are always replying to people you know or people that you don’t know. It is great that the people we don’t know get a reply to.

I like August is family blogging month. It is so much fun. It is just not about the prize it is still good if you get your family member or friend to leave comment.

Your comment is a very good one. I think that any that would read your comment would know that you are a good at blogging.
        I think that we can all tell that you like blogging a lot.

Thanks again for the great reply.

Jess πŸ™‚ :mrgreen:

• Hi Jess,

Thanks also for the reply you left back to me.

It was very good and I am glad you left it.

I love it when someone replies to the comment have left and that is because I don’t normally get them.

It would be so good if you could keep on going with it.

Got 2 Gallop,
          Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Dear Liv,

Great comment. Thank you so much for replying to me. It was very nice of you to.

I like the August is family blogging month very much. I think it is very fun. It is not all about that prize though.

Thanks again for the great reply.

From your bloggign buddy,
            Jess πŸ™‚ :mrgreen:

• Hi Jess,

Thanks so much for your reply.

You were up late last night.

I guess you like it on a Friday night maybe ❓

I think that the august is family blogging month is a good challenge too and I am glad we are doing it.

Yes I agree with you it is not all about the prize.

But I think to some people it is but not me or you.

How good of Mrs Yollis to come up with the idea.

I am so glad she came across it.

I hope that you will like winning because no one else can beat you now.

I must say good job and you totally deserve to win that prize.

By the way I saw Mrs Morris at Coles this morning and she looks great.

She didn’t have Novalie with her though.

Thanks again for the reply Jess.

Got 2 Gallop,
              Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

2. Dear 4KJ and Jess
    What a fantastic opportunity for family and special friends to come into the classroom and learn about all of the wonderful things you are doing and learning about in 4kj. I so wish I could have been there today but unfortunately I had to be at work. However, through this blog, I have felt so much a part of everything. Jess has shown me alot of things at home and I have learnt alot about blogging over the past few months!!! I might even get brave enough to start my very own soon. lol
    Keep up the great work.
    Well done to you all.
    Jessica’s mum

• Dear Carolyn,

What a great comment you posted on our blog so thank and you keep it up. I enjoyed reading it.

Yes this was a great way to get more family members involved and I saw a lot of family members there.

It is good to hear that you have been learning a lot more about blogging and might start your own soon.

I hope you can because I will leave some comments on it for you if you would like me too.

My name is Olivia and I sit right next to Jess. We always have a lot of fun but sometimes talk too much. πŸ˜†

I think that might be something for us to work on maybe today or another day or sometime like that.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

3. Hey 4KJ,

I think dad enjoyed the array game most it was the last thing we did and we came a draw :p

Well that’s all I could think of for now bye,
    Anthony πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

• Hi Anthony,

Thanks for a wonderful comment on this blog post. It was good to see a comment from you on the blog.

I hope that you also had a great day and what was your favorite activity ❓ It was so fun the whole day for me.

I must say when you leave a comment it has got awesome things in it for me to read so thank you.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Hey Liv,

Thanks for replying to me. My favourite activity was probably the array game I think I told you this in my other comment, but dad and I came a draw.

Over all I enjoyed the whole day just like you did.

See ya soon,
        Anthony πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

• Hi again Anthony,

Thanks also for being someone to reply to me.

It was so nice of you to keep up a conversation with me.

I must say I am at my Nan’s house right now and we are just talking about the day.

She said that he her favorite was playing STOP THE CLOCK.

I did too but I think i enjoyed the whole day because seeing everyone being happy was a great sight from where I was sitting.

Keep up the great replies on the 4KJ blog.

Got 2 Gallop,
          Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

4. Hi 4KJ,

It is Paris and her nan here.

Nan:
    My favourite book is the magic far away tree. I like it because it brings back my childhood.

Paris:
    My favourite book is the series of ‘Horse Mad’.I like it because I am horse mad.

By for now,
    Paris and her nan ♥

• Hi Guys,

What a great comment you left it on the blog. It was so nice of you to leave it so thanks so much.

I like the fact that you both left one together because it makes me think everyone is involved.

I must say keep it up so that people can reply to it for me please. Because I know I would like to reply to more of them from you.

It would also be good to get comments from other people as well so yeah I look forward to it.

Great job again guys and please keep it up for me and the rest of 4KJ.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

5. Hey 4KJ and everyone,

What a great post to do about what is your favourite book to read! I have a load of books to read but I do have a favourite…

My favourite book to read is a series of ‘Horse Mad’. I probably like it because I am ‘Horse Mad. My top 3 books out of the series are:
    . Horse Mad Summer
    . Horse Mad Academy
    . Totally Horse Mad
    Though I enjoyed them all.

They are about a girl and her horse that have big opportunities and adventures together at Shady Creek and the riding club.

Keep up the good blogging!

Got 2 Gallop,
    Paris & every horse in the world ♥

• Hi Paris,

I don’t think that your comment could have been from that many horses, could it ❓ Oh well at least it shows how you are horse crazy.

What and interesting comment you left on our blog about the books you like to read. I am going to write a new blog post on my blog and it is going to be about Father’s Day.

I would like to read those books that you have said in your comment there. Is the author Karen Wood ❓

Thanks again for the information you put into your comment and please keep leave them.

Got 2 Gallop on Barney,
      Liv and Barney πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

6. Hi 4KJ and Miss Jordan,

Yet again what a great choice for a blog post. It was so good and I am glad you picked it Miss Jordan. I hope there will be much much more of them soon.

I love to comment on any post that is on the blog and my fingers just type whatever comes out of my mind at that time.

I think that my favorite part of yesterday was getting my Nan involved in more things than what she used to.

Now my favorite part of the comment is answering the questions that you have asked us. Some people don’t do that but I will always.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

What did you like about our β€œCelebration of Learning” afternoon?
    Playing Stop The Clock with my Nan because I won by a lot.

My Nan enjoyed playing Stop The Clock the most but I enjoyed playing the array game.

Yes I taught me Nan how fast I can type compared to her.

Thanks for writing this really great post Miss Jordan and I can’t wait for more of them to come very soon.

Got 2 Gallop,
    liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

7. Hi 4KJ,

Great post and pictures!

It sounds like most people had a great time! I know
    I did and it was quite fun talking to all the family members and friends.

My mum and I loved the array game and having a guess at our old idioms post. My mum didn’t know what an array was yesterday so I had to explain it to her. She didn’t know that because at school she was taught much differently. We guessed most Idioms. That was really fun.

Well as I said before I taught my mum what an array was. I also taught her photo story and what an idiom was (with a little help from, Miss Jordan).

I hope everyone had a great time! :mrgreen:

Got to Gallop,
    -Ava

• Hi Ava,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on this blog post, it was very nice of you to leave it.

I am sure we might have a little look at your comment you left on this blog post when we go back to school after the weekend.

I was so happy today because normally I am up at whatever time I wake up do today I could just ly in bed and go onto my laptop to do some blogging.

The afternoon was so much fun and a great way to get family members involved in everything.

Keep up the great comments you are leaving for us to read and make sure you and your mum have more fun times with each other over the weekend.

Got 2 Gallop on Barney,
      Liv and Barney πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

8. Hello 4KJ,
    Great post! I loved the photos. I enjoyed the Grade Four Celebration of Learning Afternoon with my dad.

Here are the answers to your questions.

Q. What did you like about our “Celebration of Learning Afternoon?
    A. I enjoyed seeing my dad, my brother and so many family members there.

Q. What activity did you an your special person enjoy most?
    A. My dad and I enjoyed playing the Array game. He filled up all the squares!

Q. Did you teach your special person something new?
    A. I taught my dad about my Ultranet Science Journal on plants and about arrrays.

I loved being there with dad and James (my little brother), but I wish my mum would’ve been able to come, but she couldn’t because she works on Thursdays.

Thank you to all the family members who came to the Grade Four Celebration of Learning Afternoon. It was great to see you there.

When I grow up I want to be a teacher. If I do become a teacher, I will think of something similar to this and do it in my classroom with the kids. I am sure they would love it.

I would like to give all the Grade Four teachers a big thank you for the special afternoon.

Your classmate,
    Anneliese

9. Hi 4KJ,

I think this was a great opportunity for relatives and family members to learn what we are learning in class. It is good to learn new things everyday. You can’t be to old to learn new things.

I saw a lot of family members on that day. I guess most relatives like mine live quite far away.

I had my eldest sister Bahar come to this. On our CLIC afternoon my 2nd eldest sister Hilal came. I wish I had a brother that could come because my dad works from 5:45am to 5:45pm. So I am the youngest out of three sisters.

Anyway back to the afternoon. My sister enjoyed what we do in class. Her favourite activity was the array game. She said “I didn’t know a lot about arrays and now I realised that basically they are multiplication sums shown in a different way.” Well that is what Ezna said after I told about it.

This day was an experience and I hope we do one next year.

P.S. This probably the longest comment I have typed.

From Yunus πŸ˜† πŸ™‚

10. I have really enjoyed following your blog over the last couple of years. The blog is your grade’s celebration of learning!
    What great photos of all the special persons especially David and Meg. Meg’s dad really is a very special person to a lot of people! Keep on blogging grade 4!

• Dear Hank,

Thanks for leaving the comment you left us on our blog. It was very nice of you to so keep it up.

I loved the way you had said that David is help to a lot of people. I have never met him before but I am sure he is nice.

It was so cool getting a comment from you and it would be good to see more of them from you soon.

Thanks again for the information you gave me and the rest of our class. I am sure my teacher Miss Jordan enjoyed seeing it.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

• Hi Hank,

Wow, thanks for the comment. It was such a surprise when I saw your name on the sidebar, that says “recent comments!”

Our class blog is a grade four celebration of learning. We learn about so many things in this grade.

Great comment again!

Happy Blogging!,
      Meg

11. Pingback: Classrrom Blogs I visited | slm508gad

12. Pingback: Celebration of Learning Afternoon | 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School