Our Maldon Camp

We have just had a fantastic three days at our

On Monday 29th July, 4KJ and 4PR boarded the bus, full of excitement about what was ahead. After three hours, we arrived at the Derby Hill Blue Light Youth Camp in Maldon, in central Victoria.

Maldon is a small country town, with a population of about 1500. It is approximately 175km from Leopold. Maldon is in the heart of the Victorian Goldfields and the town has preserved a lot of its authentic historical appearance.

Here is the route we took from Leopold to Maldon.

Everyone enjoyed staying in the camp units and meal times in the dining hall was lots of fun. There were many on-site activities at camp and we also ventured into and around town for some bike rides and exploring.

Police officer, Ric, took us on our bike rides and gave us lots of riding advice along the way. It was great to practise the skills we learnt in Bike Ed on our road rides in Maldon.

Here is an itinerary of our time in Maldon. (Tip – click on the full screen button at the bottom right hand corner).

*****

Here is a selection of photos from our camp. Enjoy!

*****

We had a wonderful time on camp and enjoyed all of the new experiences. We improved our bike riding skills, explored an interesting historical town and had lots of fun with each other!

A very BIG thank you to our terrific helpers, Sandi, Miss Smith, Sue and Brad for joining us on camp!

What did you enjoy most about our Maldon camp?

What bike riding advice would you give to students going to the Maldon camp?

Have you ever been on a school camp before?

If you could go on a school camp somewhere, where would you go?

64 thoughts on “Our Maldon Camp

1. Dear 4KJ,

It looks like you had a wonderful time on camp!

I enjoyed looking at the photos and reliving the memories from Maldon camp last year. I hope you enjoyed all the activities, the accommodation and the delicious food.

Last year I particularly enjoyed walking up Mt Tarrangower as the view from the top was amazing. Congratulations to everyone for getting to the top – it’s not an easy walk!

It looks like you had some nice weather too which is lucky.

I hope everyone isn’t too tired today.

Best wishes,
    Mrs Morris

(PS – I’m still waiting for my baby to arrive!)

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks for leaving a comment. We had a really good time at camp and I think everyone wants to go back there for more fun.

I liked all of the bike riding and the little track they had there. I think I may have done too much bike riding because I was sick on Monday night.

I missed the Night Walk but they didn’t see any animals so I wasn’t that disappointed.

The food was really good and I would have liked to have the same meals again every night.

The big hill we had to ride up was really tough but I like a good challenge. I made it up there once and then I went to go and do something else.

I was upstairs in a top bunk so I was really high up. I slept in miss Jordan’s room the first night and I was really cold.

Ric did a really good job teaching us all of the bike riding skills and I wish we could stay there forever.

I also got to have a ride in the Police Car and it was really good fun. I also got to help Robert instruct everyone around a horse shoe bend.

Thanks again for the comment!

Got 2 Gallop,
      liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

• Hi Liv,

Thanks for writing back to me.

I’m sorry to hear you were sick but lucky you recovered to enjoy the rest of the camp.

Who did you stay with while the night walk was on?

Ric is great at teaching kids about bike safety. I bet everyone learnt a lot.

Best wishes,
        Mrs Morris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t think you would have the time to but you do.

I stayed back with Sandy because she said she didn’t mind staying back at all.

They didn’t see any wildlife so I wasn’t that upset that I missed the night walk.

I hope there will be the chance to do something like that again for me.

Yes I also agree with you when you said Ric is very good at teaching bike safety because he is and I like the jokes he makes.

When it was my turn to pull out of the BMX Track Ric said now here’s trouble and then Sue said yes Miss (My last Name) is trouble.

I hope you will enjoy having your baby girl and have you come up with some name suggestions ❓

Got 2 Gallop,
          Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

2. Dear 4KJ,

Great post! πŸ™‚
    Q. What did you enjoy most about our Maldon camp?
    A. I really enjoyed the night walk!

Q. What bike riding advice would you give to students going to the Maldon camp?
    A. make sure to stay on the left and keep indicating!

Q. Have you ever been on a school camp before?
    A. The Maldon camp was my very first school camp!

Q. If you could go on a school camp somewhere, where would you go?
    A. I would like to go to Maldon again and again!

Your Blogging Buddy,
    Eb πŸ˜›

• Hi Eb,

Thanks for the comment. I liked it because you have written great questions. I am going to say something abut all of the answers you put to the questions.

I think it was good you enjoyed the Night Walk. I wish I got to go to but I wasn’t that sad.

Yes the advice you gave to us was really good. I won’t say who it was but when I was in the Police Car I noticed a few people who need to work on staying the the left.

Same. Maldon was my first camp and it was the best. When I say it was my first camp I meant it was my first camp with school friends.

Yep. I would also like to go back to Maldon again and stay there for at least a week and be able to have a shower every night.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

• Dear Liv,

Thanks for the reply! πŸ˜‰
        Don’t worry because we didn’t see any animals! πŸ™

I did see a couple of people in front of me who did not listen to Miss Jordan when she asked them to move over to the left.

I am with you it was the best camp ever! It was my first school camp. But I have been on lots more camping trips!

I really wanted a shower every night, because I kept on getting dirty. (I had a shower on the first night.)

Your Blogging Buddy,
        Eb πŸ™‚

• Hi Ebony,

Thanks for the reply back to me. It was very nice and I enjoyed reading it.

I had a shower on the second night and that was a good idea because you felt clean the next day.

Camp was so good and the way Ric told everything to us was amazing.

I have learnt a lot more about riding on very busy roads and that is good.

Making the damper was fun and yum at the same time.

I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as we did.

Thanks again for the reply and keep up the great comments.

Got 2 Gallop,
          Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

3. Hi 4KJ,

Great post about our fantastic time at camp!

Here is all my answers to all the questions,

Q.What did you enjoy most about our Maldon camp?

A.What I enjoyed most about our camp was riding on the BMX track and getting all dirty on it.

I had a great time and I hope everyone else did as well.

Bye for now, πŸ™‚

Eden

• Hi Eden,

I had a really good time like you did and I wish we could go back there for a week more to have the fun again.

I think lots of people enjoyed going on the BMX Track and they would like to go back onto it again.

There were lots of really fun bumps and lots of really annoying puddles there too.

I didn’t get to muddy but I still did get lots of it. The thing I was happy about was we were able to ride back instead of walking.

Thanks again for the comment and I hope you can leave more comment on the blog like this again.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

• Hey Liv,

Thankyou for replying.I went in all of the puddles in BMX track like 10 times and guess what,I got really dirty.The dirt was all up my back.

I agree the bumps were really fun! πŸ™‚
        Got to go,
        Eden πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

4. Hi 4KJ,

Great post. On the Maldon camp we did alot of fun activities like the disco, DVD, night walk, going to the BMX Track and all the fantastic bike rides and all the walks.

My highlight of the camp was seeing all the road signs at camp and walking to Beehive Goldmine.

What a great post

Mitchell πŸ˜› :mrgreen:

• Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the great comment!

Yeah your right. We did do a lot of cool and fun things there.

I liked walking to the beehive mine too. That was quite fun. One of my favourites would have to be riding on the BMX track too. That was really fun.

Got to Gallop on Beau,
      Ava

5. Hi 4KJ and Miss Jordan,

Camp was so fun! I enjoyed everything there and I hope everyone else did too. Oh and before I forget awesome post Miss Jordan and great photos.

I didn’t really exactly have a favourite part in particular but my top five are: 1. Lolly shop, 2. Climbing Mount Tarrangower, 3. Making damper, 4. Building tree huts and 5. would definitely be bike riding! I enjoyed so many different things like including free time. That was fun.

Some advice to give the students going on camp now is to not cross the lights until it turns green otherwise you have to do double duty. That would be most important.

Besides Maldon Camp I have never been on another school camp. My older brother has been on the Maldon Camp and he has also been on the grade six Canberra Camp which I can’t wait until.

It would be awesome if we could camp out at Wallington Park Equestrian Centre. That’s where I go horse riding and so do Paris and Millie. It would be so fun if camped out there and stayed in cabins. There is cabins because sometimes Wallington Park has horse riding camps. We could also go horse riding and I could ride Beau or Storm (Horses I ride there). I don’t think that everyone would enjoy it as much as me though and are probably not as horse crazy as me!

Got to Gallop on Beau,
    Ava πŸ˜›

• Hi Ava,

What a really detailed comment you wrote there. I think it was really good and i am glad you left it to us all.

Yes I think it would be cool if we could camp out at Wallinton Park Equestrian Centre. It would be great fun.

I love all of the horses there and I need to keep in mind that Brigit is very naughty, lazy and slow.

Going on camp was so much fun and I am glad the grade 4’s got to do it. It was the longest I have been away from home and it was the best camping trip i have been on.

Thanks again for the comment by the way and I hope you will leave more like this one soon or later whenever you get the chance to I guess.

I hope you brother enjoyed going on the camps he went on because I know when I get older it will be good to remember all of the camps I went on and where it was.

It would also be great if I could remember who I stayed in a room or cabin with and which room it was.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

• Hi Oliva,

Thanks for the reply!

I know, it would be awesome. Actually lets refraise that it would be ponytastic!

Yeah, Bridget can be very naughty and so can Beau. By the way he is the horse
        I ride and Storm can too. I ride Beau and Storm.

That’s okay, I love leacing long comments and your reply and comments are really detailed too.

yeah my brother really enjoyed camp but Canberra was his favourite.

Got to gallop on Beau and Storm,
        Ava

6. Dear Miss Jordan and class,

Great post. I loved camp I miss it as well. I’m sure everyone had a great time and liked spending time with Ric, (I know I did). I miss Ric and my bike that I was riding! I would love to go there again! Wouldn’t you ❓ I love the questions you asked, Miss Jordan!

Q. What did you enjoy most about our Maldon Camp?
    A. I enjoyed making damper and going on the BMX track, I got really muddy but it was fun ❗

Q. What advice would you give to the students going on camp?
    A. Well, when the 2 grades were sitting on the green mat, Ric always reminded us, and made sure that we stayed on the left side of the road.That is very important to remember because if a car was coming you wouldn’t want to get run over!

A. I would choose to go to Sydney or maybe Melbourne!

I love the photos, and Jess looks like she’s having fun on the stage, in one photo.

Happy Blogging ❗

From Meg

• Hi Meg,

Great answers you gave to the question Miss Jordan asked us. I liked them too and I wish there were more of them but that gets a bit too had for some people.

I think your comment was really good and the way you answered your question was a good way. (I do it too.)

I also miss Ric and the camp as well. It is sad leaving it behind but at least there is something to remember about when we get older and want to think of our childhood.

Making damper was fun and I am so glad we got to do it. The hut building was also fun and I am glad we were put into groups to do it.

Yes I agree Jess looked like she was having a lot of fun there dancing on the stage with me and the other people.

I don’t care if people don’t like the dance moves as long as we have fun doing ti with the others.

I hope you got up there and had a little dance with us or some of your other friends that wanted too.

Thanks for saying happy blogging to us all and thanks for the really long but good quality comment.

I hope you can keep leaving much much more that are like this and ones that I can reply to and then ones that you can also reply back to mine that I left to you.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

7. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,
    My name is Gizelle from 56steps.global2.vic.edu.au. You must have had a great time at your camp! Our camp is not until term 4 and I am so excited because I’ve never been on camp. If I could choose where we would go on camp, I’d like to go to Canberra and visit all the landmarks. I hope you enjoyed your camp.
    From, Gizelle

• Hi Gizelle,

Thanks for your great comment!

My name is Ava and I’m a student from 4KJ.

Our camp was so much fun! I think your going to have a great time at your camp in term 4.

It would be great going to Canberra and guess what? In grade six we get to go on school camp to Canberra. How cool is that?

Where are you going to camp in Term 4?

Got to Gallop on Beau,
      Ava

8. Dear Year 4’s at Leopold Primary

It looks like you have had a great time on your school camp. Bike riding with a police officer would have been very exciting. We had our school camp on the Gold Fields. It was so much fun!

We would like to say a big thanks to Olivia from 4KJ for her lovely comment on our blog.

Isabella from our class also loves to ride horses and is now going to use that term “Got 2 Gallop” as well. She loves it.

Good to see what you are doing in your classroom.

Got 2 Gallop
    From 4EK

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comment again. It was my pleasure to leave a comment on your blog and I am glad you liked it.

I will be looking on your blog in a couple of minutes to see if anyone has replied to my comment I left for you.

I hope it wasn’t to long for you guys to read and reply to if someone did reply as i just said.

I hope you guys don’t mind leaving comments on our blog because you know you don’t have to but we love them lots.

It is good to hear someone else likes the closing one of my friends made up and yes I think it is good too. That is the reason I use it because I love horses and I might be starting lessons soon.

Thanks again for your comment!

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

P.S I hope you guys can leave more comments for us on the blog.

9. Hi 4KJ,

Great Post!
    I dident go to camp because it was my birthday
    For my birthday I got a I pad 5 and a tablet I got my tablet on my birthday from my Mum and the next day I got a I pad 5 from my dad.

If I had any place in the world to go on camp would have to be Canberra.

Your Friend,
    Connor.L

• Hi Connor,

You made me wonder, have you been to Canberra before on a camp ❓

It made me think you liked it and wanted to go back there again for another stay or something with your family maybe.

I bet you had a really good birthday because I know when it is mine it is a big thank you to everyone for buying me all of the presents and coming to spend time with me.

Thanks for the comment by the way and I hope to see you again over the weekend maybe.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

10. Hi 4KJ,
    Great Post!
    I love going camping but not inside I’m sorry I missed something out on my other comment I was meant to say that the i pad 5 I got for my birthday it was white and I have been on a school camp before.

Your Friend,
    Connor.L πŸ˜†

• Hi Connor,

Great to know that too. I hope you will enjoy using it. I am just about to watch the footy so I have to go.

Thanks for leaving the comment by the way. I think you have been doing lots of really good comment on the blog and I like them all.

Camp was so fun and I wish you were there to enjoy the fun as well as us. I also wish you were there to share the fun.

I love it when my birthday comes around once a year and I am sure some people wish they had theirs everyday to get all of the presents but I think one thing and I will tell it to you right now……

I don’t mind the presents but the most important part for me is catching up with all of my family. That is a very special thing to be doing and I love it.

Thanks again for the comment and I hope to see you soon. Enjoy your weekend by the way.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

11. Hi grade four Campers,

WOW! There were so many different activities students were doing I understand why there was sleeping on the bus trip home. It looks like there was lots of things to look at around Maldon, things that provide an insight into our history and even Kangaroos.
    I happened to hear a few stories from camp that made me smile as much as everyone in the photo’s. I’m really glad everyone had such a great time and even happier I got to share your camp through the blog.

Cheers
    Andrew.

• Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comment you left us. I think it was really good. I like the way you have said things to us about what you liked and why. I also liked how you said what we said or what the post had said.

When I saw your comment with the class I thought I must reply to that tonight after I get home from netball.

I had a lot of fun at camp and I am sure everyone else did too. I liked everything except for when I was sick but lets not get started on that again.

I hope to see lots more comments from you very soon or in a while. It doesn’t matter when you leave one just getting it matters I think.

Yes there were lots of different activities we did that were fun and the good thing was most of them involved a bike which is great fun to use.

Thanks again for your comment and as I said before I hope to see another comment from you soon or later. (It doesn’t matter when we get it as long as we get it in the first place.)

Got 2 GAllop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

12. Hi 4KJ and Miss Jordan,

Thanks for putting up such a great post on the blog for us all to read and leave a comment on if we get the time too.

I love to comment on these sorts of posts especially when we there is lots for me to reply to just like this one.

I have just a little time left to answer your questions so if I am me (which I am) then I must get moving with it.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

I think that I enjoyed Bike Riding around the track they had there for us to ride on.

Whatever you do don’t go through a red light for your safety and to save you from getting jobs. Also when you are on the road DON’T LOOK BEHIND you when you are RIDING.

No I have never been on a SCHOOL camp before but I have been on one with my dad and bestie.

I think I would go on a 2 week trip and spend 1 week in Maldon and another in Lorne. (It is a good spot there.)

Well I must say the photo’s Miss Jordan had up there were pretty funny especially the one of Jess dancing and of the boys sleeping on the bus.

Thanks Miss Jordan for writing this post. I can’t wait to find out when the next one will be up and what it is going to be about.

Who did you sleep with ❓ When I say this I mean if you were on the top/bottom then who was on the top/bottom of you ❓

Got 2 Gallop,
    Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

13. Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say thanks for being there to help me on camp when I was sick. I know why I was sick and I am now trying to fix that problem.

It would have been fun to go on the Night Walk and I wish I went but I still enjoyed watching The X Factor with Sandi.

She was a great help to me and I will have to keep that in mind because I now know how she can help me if I have trouble.

Thanks guys for not going ‘eww’ she is sick when I was sick and then make a face at it. I hope you guys want to go back there again.

Got 2 Gallop,
    Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

14. Hi 4KJ,

Great post!
    I remember last year when I went to Malden camp my favourite part sleeping in a cabin with my friends.
    When I was looking at the photos I saw that some of Connors friends were asleep.

From Ethan

P.S I hope you had a good time

15. Hello 4KJ,
    Fantastic post Miss Jordan. I had been to Maldon many times before, so I knew around the town. It was my mum’s birthday on Tuesday, so I missed her a lot. My favourite thing in Maldon was going to the BMX track. One of my highlights at camp was meeting Policeman Ric.

If I could go on a school camp anywhere, I would go to London or Paris. That would be way to expensive! That would be a dream school camp. but I know it will never happen.

I wish I could go back to camp again. It was so much fun. The memories that I experienced at camp will stay in my heart forever.

Your classmate,
    Anneliese

16. Hi 4KJ and 4PR,

Thank you for your lovely card and the choccies! I had a great time on camp with you all and I thank you for letting me tag along!

The blog post and photos bring back some great memories, and the comments clearly show that everybody had a great time too!

Thanks again for the wonderful camp,
    Miss Smtih

• Hello again,

Make sure to proof read your messages – especially when spelling your own name. Silly me!

*Miss SMITH

• Hi Miss SMITH,

Thanks for the comment on our blog post. I am not so sure 4PR are going to look on it and see it for us.

I might happen one day and I think we have had some comments from some of their students before.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

17. Dear 4KJ
    I can readily understand how you all enjoyed Maldon. The photos were evidence enough….. a sea of smiling faces. I can only imagine the looks of sheer delight as you came upon the famous lolly shop. Bikes rides in the area would surely have been an equally enjoyable experience…. so many sites to see, and history at every turn. My wife and I enjoyed Maldon some years ago. The ruins of the North British Goldmine… the historic steam train ride, and the beautiful 4 o’clock flowers in the very old cemetery. All the flowers close their petals at the end of the day… hence the name.
    Again I believe the so many smiling faces evidenced a terrific camp experience.
    Keep up the great blogging. Congratulations on a very successful camp.
    Regards (Jessica’s Grandpa).

• Hi Peter

Thanks for commenting on our blog.We did enjoy how time in Maldon. It was amazing
      in Maldon walking up mount Tarrongower.

Got to go,
      Jack :mrgreen:

• Dear Peter,

Thank you for the comment.I enjoyed
      camp and going to the lolly shop and
      yes it is very famous I loved it so
      much, and the bike riding of cause.
      It was so sad to leave camp but we all had
      a great time at camp and the way back
      we all sung on the bus.

Best wishes,
      From Heather Jessica’s friend

18. Dear 4KJ,
    Wow! The people on the bus sure did fall asleep!
    Especially Darcy, Mitchell, Yunus, Anthony and Harry! Nice dancing there Jess/Jessica your hair is dancing to! they must be having fun!

I also danced on the stage but not long because I was embarrassed!

Disco
    At the Disco I had so much fun with Meg, Ebony, Anneliese, Chloe, Hannah and Charlotte! But before I had fun I played with the big connect four thing it was so fun. But the thing is me and Eloise didn’t know how to get the big counter hing out!

Maldon Camp was one of the best days in my whole life!
    Because:
    1. I got to make new friends like Miki/Mikayla, Tilly and Ella in 4PR.

2. I got to play golf it was really fun because Anneliese told me how to do it properly and because I have never played it before.

3. The place was soo beautiful.

4. I got to climb the Trangower Tower I am scared of heights but my best friend Anneliese helped me get up top.

Bye need to go,
    Princess

19. Hello 4KJ,

I loved looking at the pictures Miss Jordon took that were on the blog, it looks like you all had a wonderful time. Ebony didn’t stop talking about it for days – she had such a great time. It was her first time away without her family and was a bit nrevous. Wednesday night she was very tired and went to bed early.

We missed her at home. We all want to go to Maldon now and see where she stayed.

Eb’s mum

• Hi Kim,

Thanks for the comment. I heard Eb’s saying you were going to leave a comment before the family blogging month started and then you Copied it.

I think plants are really cool and I can’t wait to do it again at my house with my family.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv :lol; πŸ˜‰

20. Hi 4kj and Jessica,
    Your school camp to Maldon sounds fabulous. I bet you enjoyed making damper. We have lots of fun making it when we go camping at Easter time. Sometimes we even add marshmallows and choc bits to it! I imagine the disco and the visit to the lolly shop were a favorite activity for you all. My daughter Ebony is going on her grade 4 camp at the end of August to Cape Schanck and she can’t wait. Keep up the great blogging, (family friend)

• Hi Ruth,

My name is Lee and i am in 4KJ. Thank you for the great comment! I enjoyed making damper except I was the smoke magnet cause every fire i went to was blowing smoke at me.

Kind Regards,
      Lee πŸ‘Ώ

• Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the comment. I really liked it and you are getting Jess some points alright!

Yes the disco and the Lolly Shop were really good fun. I was dancing on the stage with some of my friends and having a good time.

I must say Jess has got some really good points for herself at the moment so if you keep leaving comments like this then I am sure she will get more.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

• Dear Ruth,

Thank you for the great comment!

This family blogging month is so exciting and it is a great way to great all the family members to leave a comment. Thank you for leaving one on this blog.
      Some people might have never left a comment before so it is great to see them having a go.

Camp was great! It was an exciting adventure for all of us.
      I am sure when your daughter goes on camp she will love it.

Camps are always an exciting things to go on.

Keep up the great blogging.
      From your blogging buddy and family friend,
      Jessica

21. Hey 4LB and 4KJ. I remember last year instead if august is family blogging month it was may is family blogging month. I hope everyone enjoyed Maldon camp I remember when I went there for camp last year. I hope everyone it enjoying grade 4. Congratulation Mrs Morris! :mrgreen:

Your former student ,
    Libby 5TM :mrgreen:

22. Hi 4KA & Jessica,

Wow what a wonderful experience you all had on your camp!
    Its lovely when you get to spend lots of fun time with your class mates out of school and get to know each other better!
    Well done on your achievements and all the wonderful things that you learnt to do.
    I bet you can’t wait for the next school camp !!!

23. Hi 4KJ,

I’m glad to hear you all had a fantastic time at camp. It was wonderful to see all the photos and read about all the activities you all took part of. Maldon is a beautiful town we enjoy going camping there each Easter.
    Thanks again for sharing your experiences.
    (Edens mum)

24. Hi 4kj
    Sounds like you all had a great time on your camp to Maldon.
    Reading about all the fun things you did reminds me of the fun camps I went to at primary school which are still some of my best and happiest memories of my school years, so I’m sure you’ll all remember this experience fondly for many years
    The lolly shop sounds like it was a favourite and making damper would have been great fun too.
    I think the best thing about school camps though is being with your school friends and enjoying learning new things together!

• Dear Lucy,

Thank you so much for leaving a great comment on our blog.

I had a great time on camp, well I think we all did!
      As you said it was great spending time with my grade and getting to know them a bit better.

I think the Lolly Shop was a favourite too! I didn’t have a favourite thing because I enjoyed it all but I must say I did enjoy the Lolly Shop.
      It was so cool seeing all the lollies.

I didn’t want to leave camp but when we came back it was good to see our family and friends. I think we all missed them.

As you said I think it will be one thing we will all never forget. It was so exciting on camp.
      This was a great experience.
      It was great to get to know everyone better.

It sounds like you had a fun time when you went to school camp. I bit you did a lot of exciting things on your camp to. Camps are always exciting!

Thank you again for the great comment on our blog.

Keep up the great blogging.

Jessica

25. Hi 4KJ and Jessica,
    What a great Blog!
    It’s so good to be able to read about the cool things you are all doing.
    Keep having fun!

• Hi There,

Thanks for your comment I think it was really nice of you to leave it. I am sure Jess likes the points she is getting.

I also think that if I was a parent and I looked on the blog then I think it would be cool if I could see what my child was doing.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

26. Hi 4KJ,
    Sounds like you all had a great time at camp. I loved the photos, they were really interesting.

Our family has been to Maldon lots of times. When we go there we go to the teddy bear shop.

And also we take the kids to a park and have a picnic lunch.

And sometimes we go to Castlemaine and look around the town, we like to look in some of the book shops. We usually go to Maldon& Castlemaine at least once every 2 months.

27. Hi 4KJ,
    Back in 2009 when in was in grade 4 I went to Maldon Camp. I can remember going up Mt Tarrengower and climbing the tower, I can also remember making a hut and riding on the BMX track as well as a lot of other things. Maldon Camp was probably one of the best camps I have been on my favourite thing was Making a hut and riding on the BMX track. I’m sure you all had as much fun as I did.
    Jack’s sister

28. Hi Jack & 4KJ
    From having a look at the slide show it looks like everyone had a great time at camp with lots of fun things to do. It looks like there are a few potential chefs (making the damper) and maybe even some budding builders (making the huts). It is a great idea and loads of fun. Loved looking at all the photos, they are great.
    (Jack’s mum)

29. Hi 4KJ,

It sounds like your camp at Maldon was fun! I have just come back from my Year Six camp at Beechworth but instead of riding bikes, we spent a day at Falls Creek in the snow and went tobogganing! I’ve been on 3 other school camps and they are always very fun and a great way to learn new things.

I enjoyed reading your blog!

Darcy’s friend

• Dear Olivia,

Thanks for the great comment on our blog!

Going to camp was a lot of fun I think for everyone. I enjoyed doing everything. I think a favourite was going to the Lolly Shop!

I agree. You can always learn new things from going on school camps or any camp.
      It sounds like you had a lot of fun on your school camps.

Thanks again for the great comment.

From Jess

• Hi Nikki,

Thanks so much for your comment I think it was very nice of you to leave it for us and Millie.

Yes the photos all looked great I agree and I wish we could go back to camp and do it all over again.

Got 2 Gallop,
      Liv πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😎

30. Hi Jessica and 4KJ,

Your Maldon camp looked like it was lots of fun.
    I enjoyed looking through all your photos and reading what activities you did.
    I remember making damper when I went on primary school camp, it was a success and tasted delicious!!

Siobhan (family friend of Jessica)

31. Hi Jack and 4KJ
    Tayla and I just seen the slide show of camp Maldon
    it would have been fun building the huts
    You have warm and sunny days at your camp and I had wet and rainy days at my camp
    Thanks

32. Hi Jack and 4KJ

I loved the lollies that you got me while you we’re at camp, and It was great to see you when you got back.

Got to go
    Jacks nanny