Our World, Our Numbers Concludes

This is a cross post from the Our World, Our Numbers blog.

Since 25th February, the seven classes participating in Our World, Our Numbers have enjoyed:

• learning about different areas of mathematics from their friends in other countries
  • making comparisons and contrasts between their lives and the lives of their blogging buddies
  • sharing mathematical knowledge and skills
  • using a range of tools to create posts
  • engaging in rich conversations through commenting

It is now time to finish up the Our World, Our Numbers project. To conclude this wonderful learning experience, all of the classes have been working collaboratively on a collection of mathematical poems.

Watch the Sliderocket below to see the classes perform:

• The Skip Counting Song (B4, New Zealand)
  • Aussie Doubling Ditty (4KM and 4KJ, Australia)
  • What is a Million? (Room with a View, England)
  • Triangle Trouble (Mr Avery’s Class, Massachusetts, USA)
  • Smart (Mrs Yollis’ Class, California, USA)
  • Shapes, Shapes, Shapes (Mrs Watson’s Class, Canada)

Head over to the Our World, Our Numbers blog to leave a comment.

Which was your favourite mathematical poem? Why?

What did you enjoy about the Our World, Our Numbers project?

What did you learn from this global project?

5 thoughts on “Our World, Our Numbers Concludes

This is a really great post. I had some fun reading it and now loo what is happening. We had learnt lots by using this as a way to share our learning and not only that we have had lots of fun with it to.

I don’t really have a favourite thing we did because they were all great things and fun people to work with that came up with many other and different ideas.

I think that I enjoyed working with other people and finding out how they like to blog and work with us. I even learnt how to make and cook a couple of things but I think that the main reason I liked it was because we got to work with other people and learn different topics.

I learnt how to blog with other people because at first I thought how do we blog on the same thing but now I can understand it. I also learnt how to?????????

If you reply you can finish off my sentance because it would be great to know what other people learnt. I would just like to know what you guys learnt instead of me telling you it all.

Have fun with the blogging coming up ahead and keep going with the amazing work you are all doing.

From Liv 🙂

I am going to miss doing our world our numbers it was a lot of fun talking with other classes and learning about different topics.

I wish it din’t have to end but I am afraid it does. I loved learning about different places around the world.

From your class buddy,
    Rochelle

• Hey Rochelle,

Thanks for the comment on our blog about saying how you don’t want the Our World Our Numbers to end.

I agree because it was a wonderful thing to do but I will miss talking to our buddy’s around the world.

I think everyone had fun and learnt something new because this (other blog) helped people learn how to use different tools and it proves that you can set up something that everyone can comment and leave post’s on.

I had lots of fun replying and leaving comments on it because not only could 4KM and 4KJ see it but all of our blogging buddy’s from around the world could.

I had so much fun with this and even though it is time to finish up I can always remember this and so can everyone else.

from Liv ♥

I am so sad that our world our numbers is coming to a end.

My favourite topic was animals. I also enjoyed the topic of prices.

When I first heard of Our World Our Numbers I thought it will be like when I was in 2KM and 2KJ when we did Our World Our Stories. But it was a bit different in a few ways. Like Our World Our Numbers is to do with maths but Our World Our Stories is to do with our stories.

Kind Regards,
    Harry 😎 😎

• Hi Harry,

Great comment on how you thought the Our World Our Numbers would be the same as when you were in grade two.

I had a blog back then and it was lots of fun to work with. (I had a class blog for 2MK) We were surpossed to be called 2MK but that was Mrs Morris’ name already.

It was nice knowing what you thought it was going to be like this time and I enjoyed looking at your comment.

I even learnt what it was like in grade two because of you so thanks a lot because now I know how it was a bit different from now.

I think that it was a great way for us to learn more things about what other class’ do and I found it very interesting.

I didn’t leave lots of comments on there because I liked to leave comments on here but they are both ok. I also didn’t really get a lot of time because I tend to look at student blogs and not always the class one but they are both fine.

Thanks for sharing some things you did back in grade two I enjoyed reading and learning about it.

From Liv ♥