Happy Mother’s Day!

Sunday May 12th is Mother’s Day. This is a day to celebrate mothers and all the wonderful things they do for us!

The students in 4KM and 4KJ wanted to give their mums a special surprise on Mother’s Day.

Here is a video we made for our mums!

Music
Happy Mother’s Dayย by The Gun and Doll Show

What’s special about your mum?

How are you spending Mother’s Day?ย 

52 thoughts on “Happy Mother’s Day!

This yearโ€™s motherโ€™s day is going to be so fun! ๐Ÿ˜†

Whatโ€™s special about my mum is that she cares for me no matter what.

My family is spending motherโ€™s day by my whole
    family coming to my mumโ€™s house.

What do you do for motherโ€™s day?

Logan m

• Dear Logan M,

What a nice thing to do for a very special Mother’s Day. I like Mother’s Day because you get to spend time with your family.

I have brought my mum lots of presents already and I think that she will like them. For Mothers Day I am going to Easten Beach and we are going to go on a boat.

My mum said she can’t wait to see what she got and spend lots of time with my brother and I.

I hope that you enjoy your Mother’s Day by spending time with your mum and the rest of your family.

From Olivia

• Thank you Logan for making my Mother’s Day so special ๐Ÿ™‚ I had a lovely day and I loved spending family time with all my children and my grandchildren xxx love mum xx

I am going to show my mum and I will get her to write a comment on the blog.

I wish I could have written more because I had heaps to write about. But it was only a short sentence so we could see the writing.

For Mothers Day I am going out to lunch with friends and family.

I have to go now but I would love to stay and chat.

Keira in 4KM. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hi Keira,

What a great comment about what you are going to do for Mother’s Day. I think and hope you will have a great time.

I think and wish the same as you: “I wish I could have written more but there wasn’t enough room.”

I could go on and n and on about what my mum does and I think that you are the same. If I got to pick some really other good things about my mum is: My mum cooks me tea every night and she makes sure it is yummy. She also gives me money on a Wednesday to spend at the canteen and last of all she makes sure I am safe.

Well it sounds as if you are going to have a wonderful day and I think that your mother will be happy with what you brought her.

Keep up the great blogging and have fun on mother’s day! ๐Ÿ™‚

From ♥livia

• Dear Olivia,

Thank you for replying to me.

I might have a good time. ๐Ÿ˜†

My mum does not cook tea every night my dad cooks dinner. He cooks the best tea ever.

That’s a good Mum. How much money do you get for the canteen is the same amount every Wednesday?

My Mum also makes sure I am safe.

Thank you.

What are you doing for Mothers Day?

I bet what ever you got her for Mothers Day she will love.

Happy Mothers Day to your Mum and family.

I have to go but I would love to chat and say things that mu Mum does for me.

Hang on Are you going to give your Mum breakfast in bed?

Next year it will be Mrs Morris’s first Mothers Day.

Now I better go.

Keira your friend for 4KM. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Dear Keira,

Thanks for the reply and sorry I have not had time to look at the comment.

For Mother’s Day I went to Melbourne to stay at a hotel and it was lots of fun.

I got back at 12:00 and rode my bike for a little bit. I was lucky to make it before all of this rain that we have had.

Yes you were right when you said my mum would be happy with her presents. She was.

I am so glad that we got to have fun and spend time with the family all over again.

I hope you are looking forward to going back to school and have fun.

I have to go now just like you did because I am out of time.

From Olivia

• Dear Olivia,

Thank you for replying to me.

What Hotel in Melbourne did you stay at?

Were you on a high level so you could see whole the city?

I hated the rain it was so annoying, because I had lunch at the Barwon Heads Pub for lunch. And of course there was no play ground, but there was a park a cross the road. It was raining so we could not go to the park, so we just played on ipods, ipads, Iphones and you know electrical stuff.

What did you do in the city?

Did you stay in the city?

Did you have a good veiw?

I have to go now, Bye.

I would love to stay and chat but unfortunetley I have to go.

Keira next door in 4KM. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Dear Keira,

Thanks to you again for replying to me it was great.

This box might not show all of the words the way that they should apper because it is very skinny.

I stayed at the RACV which is where I always go.

I didn’t have much of a view but we still enjoyed it.

Yes I did stay in the city and I loved it.

We went out for lunch to Peaking Duck and I liked it.

My brother and I walked in and we couldn’t believe how yummy it was going to be.

The chef came up to us with big tray and cut it all up in front of us.

It was a lovely sight and we are going to go there again next week.

I have to go now because it is snack.

See you when we watch the movie.

from Olivia

3. H 4KM and 4KJ,
    What a great post about- ‘MOTHERS DAY!’.

I’m sure my Mum would love to look at this post. Hopefully she will love it. I’m sure she will.

I wish everyone a wonderful Mothers Day and hope that your Mum has a great day.

Really, really sorry about the short comment.

got 2 gallop,
    Paris

• Hi Paris,

Well the first thing that I have to say is I like the way you always sign out your comments:’Got 2 Gallop Paris!’

I hope that you also enjoy your Mother’s day with your mum and whoever else is going to come over.

I wish you luck on going out for lunch with your friends and family. I know that I always go out for lunch every second Sunday.

You know maybe I will copy you with the ending. But only for this comment because I do like horse’s but I am not absolutely horse crazy.

Got 2 gallop,
      ♥livia (Liv)

• Hello Paris,

I did love the beautiful Mother’s Day message and video you all made, it was very special. Thank you for the lovely gifts you gave me on Mother’s Day and for making my day special.

It was great to do the Mother’s Day Classic Walk/Run with you and your sisters. We had fun didn’t we?

Love Mum (Lara)

• Dear Mum,
        I am glad you enjoyed the post and the wonderful mother’s day you had. ♥ ♥

I am also happy that you like my presents I made you! (earrings, jellybeans, to hard small teddy’s bears stuck together, Paris note pads, pot plant and plant- family).

I had fun as well doing the 4 km walk. Next year I think I’m going to do the run.

Paris ♥

4. Hello Everyone
    Im excited for mothers day because it is a good way to make my mum proud of the amazing kids and husband she has ๐Ÿ™‚ She didn’t want us to buy her any presents but it will be good for a suprise,

How was/Is your mothers day ๐Ÿ™‚

Sencierly Jordyn.

• To Jordyn,

I’m spending my Mothers Day at my aunty’s house. I already gave my mum my mothers day presents and she was very happy about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sencierly,
      Anthony ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Dear Jordan,

Thanks so much for the comment on our blog it was nice because I got to read it and now I can reply.

I hope you had a lovely Mother’s Day and I think that you would have. How come you mum did’t want you to by her a present?

My mum also said she was happy to be spending time with the family and she will love to do the same next year.

My family and I went to Melbourne and stayed at a nice hotel and it is where we always go.

I have a brother named Aiden a mum and a dad so we went to stay in a room with two double beds.

The room has three T.Vs so there was enough for everyone to be watching the show that they want.

Can you believe that there is a T.V in the bathroom so you lie in the bath and watch a show.

Then the other two are in the normal rooms so they are away from the one in the bathroom.

One of the T.Vs is in the sitting room with all of the couch’s and the dining area. The other one is in the room with all of the beds.

We had a lovely time and a beautiful breakfast in bed so my mum wants to go there again next year.

The reason we went there is because today is my dads birthday and yesterday was Mother’s Day so we went there as a surprise for my dad.

They both said it was magnificent and will go there really soon for my mums birthday.

I hope that you can get back to me soon and start a conversation with me. (YAY! I ♥ them.)

Here are some questions:
      Have you ever been somewhere, where evryone likes it?
      If you did, did you like it?

From ♥livia (I am in 4KJ. Which in other words is Miss Jordan’s class!)

5. Hello to everyone,

WOW! What a lovely surprise to see a beautiful comment from Charlotte especially for Mother’s Day ๐Ÿ™‚

My mum is special because she loves me and my brothers so much and she is always looking out for me…because that is what mums do (even when you are a grown up!) My mum is an amazing grandmother to all 8 of her grandchildren and the kids all adore her!

I am spending my Mother’s Day morning doing the Mother’s Day Classic 4 km walk with Charlotte’s Aunty Laura, then will follow that up with some rest and relaxation before the whole family comes over for afternoon tea.

Enjoy your Mother’s Day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Martine

• Hi Martine,

Happy Mothers Day to you.

Oh No! I forgot to introduce me to you. I am Keira in 4KM. You know who I am and I just think I shoud.

Thank you for leaving a comment.

I am going to show my mum tomorrow.

How many Brothers do you have? I have 3.
      And I have 1 sister.

I’m sure that they will.

I wish I could be here with my Nanny goat ( Nanny / my dads mum. )

I would love to stay and chat.

Bye,
      Keira. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hi Keira,

Thanks for your lovely reply! The introduction of yourself was very thoughtful too as there are so many students in 4KM and 4KJ.

I have 2 older brothers, one is 6 years older than me, the other is 2 years older than me. I would have liked a sister, but it was not to be ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a lovely mother’s day being very spoilt, it sounds like you were planning to spoil your mum too ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy blogging,

Martine

6. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

Hello everyone I am Jordi’s mum.

What a wonderful post about Mothers Day. I am very excited to be getting my presents on Mothers Day, the girls have been very secretive so I am not sure on what they have for me.

On Mothers day I hope I get breakfast in bed. I think pancakes would be lovely, with a cup of tea… Mmmmmm yum!

Happy Blogging.

From Sarah. (Jordi’s mum)

• Hi Sarah,

I am Keira in 4KM and I am friends with Jordi.

I think Jordi would make you breakfat in bed.

I wounder if they will take you out for lunch.

Thank you for your comment.

Keira in 4KM. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hey mum..

Sure I will. I can’t wait for mothers day so I can give you all presents I have bought and give you breakfast in bed… I’ll take you out somewhere too!

Anyways thanks for the comment, Mum. ๐Ÿ˜›

Bye bye,
      Jordi โ™ฅ

7. Dear 4KM & 4KJ,
    What a beautiful video. I love all the nice things you say that your mums do for you.
    I hope that all of your mums enjoy their special day and you spoil them rotten!
    From your friend, Miss Fraser

• Dear Miss Frazer,

Yay! Mother’s day is here. Thanks for the comment on our blog I like it because now I can reply to it and that fills in my time a lot.

I also thought that the video was cool and my mum liked it a lot. Even though it took a while she said “Did that take a long time because there was lots of effort put into it?”

I am glad you liked it because then you can comment. I spent my Mother’s day in Melbourne with my family at a hotel.

It was a lovely night and my mum and dad want to do it next year. I also thought that it was exiting. Can’t wait to go there next year and spend more time watching movies and eating chips.

I hope you can comeback on here again soon.

From Olivia (4KJ)

Hello everyone I am Keira’s Mum.

Wow!! What a lovely surprise to see your beautiful Mother’s Day messages about your Mums. Great work! ๐Ÿ˜†

I had a fantastic morning this morning with lots of surprises from my three beautiful children. We are about to get ready to go out for lunch with my Mum and I am looking forward to it very much.

I hope all have a lovely day!

From Tammy
    (Keira’s Mum). ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hi Tammy,

Thanks so much for the effort you have put in to leave a comment on our blog. I enjoyed reading it and getting to know what you are doing for today.

I went to Melbourne because it is mydad’s birthday tomorow so we surprised him. He liked it and so did my mum because we spent time with each other and had breakfast in bed.

I love thehotel we stayed in becuse they are very nice people and have nice rooms and food. It is where we always go and my family love it so much.

My mum was so glad to see the family all in one room and watching her open the presents. Aiden was also really happy to see that she liked them all.

We both had fun doing the shopping at the mother’s day stall and can’t wait till next year. It is a lovely thing but my friends and I think the dads should do it and not the mums.

Thanks again for thecomment and I hope we can catch up again soon.

From Olivia (Did Keira have a good birthday?)

• Dear Liv,

Thank you for replying to me. I really think you are a great blogger.

I will have to look at your own blog some time. Because Keira told me that everyone in 4KM and 4KJ got their own blogs.

I pretty sure that your mum had a great time on mothers day.

I have to go, but I would love to stay and chat.

Tammmy. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Dear Tammy,

Thanks for the reply and the comment you made about my blogging.

I think that it is a really fun thing t do and I am getting faster because I do it lots of times so I am getting used to where all of the letters are.

Mum said that she had a wonderful time on Mother’s Day and she can’t wait to go back to Melbourne next year.

I think that she liked all of her presents and she said that she will be happy to light the candles we got her soon.

I am also looking forward to next year’s Mother’s Day even though I don’t get the presents I like to spend time with the spend time with the whole family again.

If you are going to have a look at my blog when you get time you can look on the sidebar of the blog or just copy this URL: olivias.global2.vic.edu.au

I hope you have fun with the rest of your presents and did you get any candles?

From ♥livia

9. Hi 4KM & 4 KJ,
    What a great video and so many beautiful messages to all your mums!
    Well done guys,
    Beck :mrgreen:

• Dear Bec,

Thanks so much for the comment. I think that it was lovely of you and I actually thought the comment was good as well.

Did you have a great Mother’s Day? My mum did and she said that the presents my brother and I brought her were beautiful.

I aggree with you this was a great post and I am glad it was one in the first place. I am so glad to hear my mum and lots of others had a wonderful day together with their family’s.

Did you do anything speical? Because it is my dad’s birthday tomorrow we went to Melbourne for that and Mother’s Day. My mum and dad thought that it was great to be spending time with one another.

We watched movies together and the best part was my dad had no idea where we were going. I am so happy now and this will be a very good memory in my heart.

Thanks for listerning and I hope that you can get back to me soon so we can start a conversation together.

From Olivia (4KJ)

10. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,
    Thankyou so much for the lovely video messages today. It was a wonderful surprise! You all did a fantastic job writing your thoughtful messages. Well done ๐Ÿ˜€

Shannon (Darcy’s Mum)

• Dear Shannon,

Hi i’m in Darcy’s grade 4KJ and my name is Harry.

I loved the slide show a lot too.

For Mother’s day my family went to a cafe for breakfast. We all had craps. I had a death by chocolate. My sisters had vanilla Kosciusko. Mum had a chicken curry crap. And Dad had a egg, bacon and cheese crap.

How did you spend your Mother’s day?

Harry ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

• Hi Harry,
        It’s great to hear from you. Darcy has sometimes mentioned your name! It sounds like you went to Panache, which is one of my favourite places. I had a lovely Mother’s Day. We went out for lunch and then had my family over for tea. I got lots of lovely presents too.
        From Shannon ๐Ÿ˜€

Great post about Mother’s Day!

I loved spending time with my Aunty and my Grandma and Grandpa on Mother’s Day. It was very sad for me yesterday!

Before I went with my dad, ans my sister to Melbourne and have breakfast at McDonald’s,we all went to drop some flowers off at my mum’s grave. It as very nice to see her name on the grave! I started to cry as I put the flowers down in front
    of her name!

At my Aunty’s house I did some gardening with my dad, Grandpa, my cousin James, and my Aunty’s friend George. It was fun and I would like to do it again some time.

After we did some gardening I had some roast for lunch, and for desert I had a double choc drumstick! It was yummy!

I think my mum was special because whenever I was hurt or sick, she would always take care of me. That is why I love her the most!

Keep up the good work, and happy blogging.

Best Wishes,
    Meg ๐Ÿ˜€

• Dear Meg,

On my weekend for Mothers day I stayed at my aunty’s house and gave my mum breakfast in bed. For the rest of the day everyone just relaxed.

What did you have at McDonaldโ€™s?

By for now,
      Anthony

12. Hi 4KM and 4KJ

our family is wired because we have two mothers day so mum gets a lot of presents I loved the vido you guys made.

me and my dad made a necklace out of string and shells
    I collected on Friday 10th. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hi Kyle,
      Great comment!

I did not have two mothers days but it sure sounds fun. I make my mum breakfast in bed and then I give her the gifts I got/made for her. I made my mum earings this year.

What else did you do for your mum on mothers day?

See you tommrow,
      Ella

13. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

My mum loved the slideshow and the music as well. ๐Ÿ˜†
    She loved the colours everyone did for their writing. She said, “the colours stood out and they looked good on the white paper.”

What did your mum like about the slideshow? ๐Ÿ™‚

From Yunus

• Hi Yunus,
      Great comment

My Mum also loved the slideshow. She thought it was a great idea. She thought the music was very sweet.

My Mum liked all the lovely messages.

Sincerely ๐Ÿ˜› Darcy ๐Ÿ˜Ž

14. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    I had a lovely Mothers Day. Mu mum loved her presents. I got her Paris sticky notes,a butterfly bookmark, a hard teddy with the word mum in a heart, a mug with a picture of a puppy on it, purple flowers, a charm bracelet with an angel on the end and a pen.

My mum really enjoyed this special day. My 4 year old brother James made my mum a necklace.

How did your mum spend Mothers Day?
    What presents did you give her?
    Did you enjoy Mothers Day?

15. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

My Mum had a wonderful Mother’s Day. She got a large box of Favourites,a large Toblerone,a $200 gift card for Westfield,face washers and a candle.

She was very happy. Then we all went to Souvlaki hut and next to it was Cold Rock.It was all delicious. My mum’s family came over for tea, we had Thai food it was yum! We all had a big day.

From ๐Ÿ˜› Darcy ๐Ÿ˜Ž

16. Dear 4KJ and 4KM

Thank you so much for the beautiful video message for Mother’s Day. It was lovely to see your special messages and a very thoughtful idea. I loved the song!

From Lara (Paris’s mum)

Such a lovely surprise to have a beautiful message from my son for Mother’s Day. You have all put in so much effort to make all of us Mum’s feel very special. Thank you

Keelie

• Dear Keelie,

Thanks for leaving a comment on 4KM and 4KJ blog it was very nice of you doing that.

That was really good comment.

Bye see you later
      Connor

18. Dear 4KJ & 4KM,

I loved the video you all did for mothers day! Your handwriting is really improving!

I had the best mothers day and got very spoilt by Ebony and her brother Connor. I got some beautiful perfume, lots of goodies from the mothers day stall, plus lots of handmade things.. as well as breakfast in bed!

I hope you all spoilt your mothers and gave her breaky in bed!

Kim – Ebony’s mum

• Hi Kim,

Thanks for the great comment!
      No I didn’t give my mum breakfast in bed because my mum went to Melbourne on Saturday and she came back on Sunday afternoon.I was very excited to see her when she came back,I ran straight up to her
      and I gave her the presents.
      I think she got a lot of presents from Me,my brother and my sister.She didn’t get special lunch instead she got a special dinner at my auntie’s house.And we also got some cake.
      Hope to here from you soon.
      Eden :mrgreen:

19. I had a great mothers day and opened lots of presents from Jack and his sister Jacinta. Thank you Jack for the lovely breakfast you cooked for me.

My mum is very special to me and someone who I can always turn to for help or even just to talk to. Mothers Day is special to all mums and nice to know how much everyone cares for us.

• Hi Fiona,

My name is Lee and I am Jack’s best friend. Great comment! I saw how Jack spoiled you when he showed me what he bought you from the mothers day store and told me what he made you.

Kind Regards,
      ๐Ÿ˜Ž Lee ๐Ÿ˜Ž