We are currently learning about addition in maths.
We use addition in every day life all the time, so it is important to improve our skills in this area of maths. In class we have been focussing on:
– Automatic recall of the addition tens and twenties facts
– Doubles and near doubles addition facts
– Double doubles (for example, 8+8=16 and 16+16=32)
– 100 facts (addition equations that equal 100)
– Adding to the nearest 10 when solving two digit addition problems
– Adding ones, tens and hundreds when solving three digit problems
– Using vertical addition when solving larger equations
– Using a range of efficient addition strategies during problem solving tasks.
We like to use engaging websites to help us develop our mathematical skills. We usually use maths websites on the interactive whiteboard, and sometimes on our netbooks too.
Here are some addition websites for you to try!