4KM in The Age Newspaper

Last term Mrs Morris was interviewed by a journalist at The Age newspaper about our classroom blogging program.

Educational blogging is something both Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are very passionate about as they see the students learn so much from it.

Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris have spoken to a great deal of teachers about blogging over the past few years, both locally and overseas. We always encourage otherย teachersย to use blogging in their own classrooms.

Last Wednesday a photographer from The Age visited 4KM to take a photo of us blogging on our netbooks.

Today the article was published in The Age newspaper.

Click here to read the article.

We hope you enjoy it.

Have you ever been in a newspaper?

What do you like about blogging?

27 thoughts on “4KM in The Age Newspaper

Great post, it must be really exciting to have your own photo in The Age newspaper.

No, I have never been in the newspaper before. Although my dad put that my mum passed away in the newspaper and he put that our caravan was on sale. That is different though. ๐Ÿ˜†

I am not sure what I like about blogging, but I really like how I get my own blog and get to join what it is like to have a blog. It is fun blogging.

Great post again and keep up the good work.

Kind Regards,
    Meg :mrgreen:

2. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    How lucky are you guys to get a picture in The Age, also a long article.

I have never been in the news paper, but I would definitely like too. I have seen some old friends of mine in the newspaper, and friends that I have right now (YOU!).

What I like about blogging… I enjoy approving wonderful comments and putting up all different kinds of posts.

What I also enjoy is getting comments from people I don’t know and replying and finding out things like, What they like to do, do they have any hobbies and things like that.

Paris

• Hi Paris,

I like doing post and approving comments too with blogging. Replying is fun but mostly publishing post!

By the way thanks for the comment.

I would love to be in the newspaper for horse riding. I bet you would too. I am trying to learn Hippology so I can open a horse riding place like Wallington Park when I am older. What do you want to do when you are older?

I am very sorry but I have to go.. ๐Ÿ™

Jordi

• Hi Jordi,
        When I’m older I would love to of course do something that involves hoses, probably be a horse trainer or work at a riding centre (probably at Wallington Park) and be an instructor.

I would love to go in the news =paper as well for horse riding! if I was with Jester in the newspaper that would be a dream.

OH if I didn’t get either of those jobs I would work for someone that gives horses clips or trimming down there hooves.

Paris

• Hi Paris,

Thank you for the reply!

Jester is so cute. He is such a good boy.

Smokey loves to canter on the spot and it is annoying when he does it because you can’t control him properly. Also with Molly there is no way you could get Molza to do it because she is way to lazy to do anything accept on trail rides as she gets very, very jumpy as she absolutely hates her usual paddock, that is her grazing paddock.

What made you get into horse riding? I just was following my family’s steps and I became a natural horse rider and I don’t think I would ever stop. I stopped once from a bad fall in poo and yes I know yuck.

Got to go,
          Jordi

3. To 4KM and 4KJ,
    I really like the photo wouldn’t you agree.
    It was lucky no one was showing their netbook the other way.:mrgreen:
    Some of the faces were cut off but its still a good photo.
    Bye for now from Jude

4. Hi 4KM
    Great post.
    I nether thought being in a newspaper could be fun even though I was’int in but never mind.
    :mrgreen:
    I love blogging in my class. I have a few blogging Buddy’s, I got 2 they are my best friends.
    the bad thing about blogging is some times the comments go to the trash when you submit it.Blogging is a wonderful way to communicate.

Great Guy to blog with, ๐Ÿ˜†
    kyle

• Hi Kyle,
      Great comment!
      I did not think being in a newspaper would be fun either but is so cool.

:mrgreen:

Have you ever been in a newspaper before?

Your blogging buddy,
      Ella
      :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ™‚ : grin: ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ™„

• Hi Kyle,
      I dentin get to go in the newspaper
      other.Great comment thew ๐Ÿ˜† it is
      fun to comment and reply on blogs ๐Ÿ™‚
      and I have blogging buddy’s to they are very good friends. I would comment
      on the blog all day but i cant witch
      would be fun but i cant so it is sad
      ๐Ÿ™ i hope you have a good day

from Alisha,

I have been in the newspaper before I was in it because we had the best Christmas lights and I was only five years old so I was really young. I was all dressed up in a little costume and was wearing a Santa hat. My friend that used to live near us was in one but not the one that my mum has put away.
    from Rochelle

• Hey Rochelle, ๐Ÿ˜†

That must have been really exciting being in the paper because of your Christmas lights. Now that I have been in the Age News Paper I have been in the paper three times. :mrgreen:
      I have been in the local Portland paper twice before for raising money for people with cancer and for a swimming pool. ๐Ÿ˜†

Bye For Now,
      Haille :mrgreen:

I was in the news paper for peoples say. The Lady asked us “do you think public toilets should have soap”. Anthony’s cousin Anthony and I sayed yes.

My name was in the paper for AFL.

My favourite thing about blogging is looking at our blogging buddies blogs.

Harry ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

That is so exciting to be in the AGE newspaper. I would be very excited if I was in it.

I love blogging and a lot of my friends like to blog to.

I think it is very fun to write comments and read what other people have to say about something.
    I think it is also fun to have our own blog’s.

Jess ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Jess,
      I have been in the newspaper twice. One time was when I was in Miss Jordan’s grade in prep. I can’t remember why I was in the newspaper. The second time was when I went to see Sammy and Bella (My Kitchen Rules contestants in a different series) I was only in the background. I think I was nine.

I would love to be in the newspaper again. I think it’s fun to be in the newspaper. I was really proud of myself when I was in the newspaper for the first time.

What I enjoy about blogging is publishing posts, approving comments and leaving comments myself. I pretty much enjoy everything about blogging. I like to look at other people’s blogs.

My mum has kept the photo and article of when I was in the newspaper for the first time.(in prep) My mum is going to show me the photo of when I was in the newspaper.

Anneliese

We are from Mrs. Lance’s class and live in Cincinnati, Ohio in the USA. We like to comment on other people’s blogs all over the WORLD! We like blogging because we can write about what we’ve done that day and share it with people we don’t even know. We get to know people from all over the world.
    Your friends,
    Mrs. Lance’s Class
    2nd grade

• Hi Mrs Lance’s class,

Thanks for commenting on our class blog. By the way my name is Ava. I am in class 4KJ (Miss Jordan’s class).

As you probably already know I live in Australia, Victoria. Like most of the people in my class, well at least that’s where our school is.

We also like to comment on other peoples blogs too. In fact we have some blogging buddies. We share a blog called Our World Our Numbers that we share with some blogging buddies all over the word. If you want to check it out here is the link: http://ourworldournumbers.edublogs.org/

Do you have a class blog if so can you link it so we can leave a comment?

Thanks again for commenting.

Ava 4KJ ๐Ÿ˜›

• Dear Ava,
        Thanks so much for connecting with us. We have seen your Our World Our Numbers project and are sad that we didn’t see it earlier so we could get involved. We do have a blog and try to post on at least once a week. Check it out!

http://lance2nd.weebly.com/index.html

Mrs. Lance’s Class

9. Hi everyone,

I have been in the newspaper twice but my cousin has been in the newspaper at least 10 times.He always gets the photo’s on the beach because his dad is a lifesaver . I like blogging because you get to share with the world.

๐Ÿ˜› From Darcy ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• To Darcy,

I also have been in the news paper twice one was for football a long time ago I can’t remember the other one. :mrgree: from Jude :mrgreen:

• Hi Darcy ๐Ÿ™„

I haven’t been in the newspaper before but I have had my name in it from footy for kicking a goal!

from ๐Ÿ˜† Connor :lol;

• Hi Darcy ๐Ÿ™„

from ๐Ÿ˜† Connor ๐Ÿ˜†

10. Loved it! So proud of you, Mrs Morris! Thank you for embracing new technologies and ‘unique’ practices to make learning more dynamic and advanced…we loved the article ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers
    Ness

• thank you Ness
      for commenting on our class room blog
      with 4KM and 4KJ my name is Alisha ๐Ÿ™‚
      it was nice of you to comment on our class room blog.:lol:

from Alisha

11. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

Thats Great!!!!
    My class was in the Ballarat paper because we came 2nd in the Green Kids Award.

From Gemma

12. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

I love leaving comments on blogs and receiving comments as well.

I have never been in the newspaper.

Jack