At the end of last term, students in 4KM and 4KJ started their own individual blogs!
The blogs will be used as digital portfolios and the students will post about their learning each week at school. Posts may include:
- Work samples from their classroom tasks
- Reflections about their learning
- Learning goals they have set for literacy and numeracy
- Projects they are working on.
The students have enjoyed learning lots of new blogging skills. Some of the things we have learnt, or will be focussing on soon, are:
- Changing important blog settings
- Choosing a blog theme
- Writing posts and pages
- Knowing what is suitable to publish on a blog (eg. no personal information)
- Approving blog comments
- Adding links, widgets, images and media
- Making a blogroll on the sidebar
- Creating an avatar.
We work on our blogs in class each week and it is wonderful to see the students picking up their blogging skills so quickly. There is still a lot to learn but we love being part of the blogging community!