Term Two Begins!

Today is the first day of Term Two. The students and teachers are happy to begin this busy 11 week term!

We have lots to look forward to this term including:

• The return of our student teachers, Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan in mid-May
  • The conclusion of our Our World, Our Numbers project in a couple of weeks
  • Bike Ed starting mid-June
  • Pen licences for students with consistently neat joined writing
  • Lots of great learning with our netbooks

We hope everyone had a terrific holiday!

Mrs Morris enjoyed:

• Hosting a special lunch for Easter and her husband’s birthday
  • Spending a relaxing week at Mt Martha on the Mornington Peninsula
  • Seeing Jimeoin perform at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival
  • Buying a new car
  • Preparing for the arrival of her new baby and organising the nursery!

Miss Jordan’s holiday highlights included:

• Spending time with her family, and their puppy Mocha, in Pomonal
  • Enjoying a yummy Easter dinner (and some Easter Eggs of course!)
  • Meeting up with friends for some delicious breakfasts and lunches
  • Doing some shopping, cooking, exercising and reading outside in the sunshine.

What are you looking forward to this term?

What were your holiday highlights?

42 thoughts on “Term Two Begins!

1. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

Sounds like Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan had a lovely easter break! I had lots of university assignments to do, so I didn’t get much rest. I did have a few eggs though, so it was a great Easter in the end!

What did everybody else do on the holiday break?

Good luck with the beginning of Term 2, I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Best Regards,
    Miss Smith

• Hi Miss Smith,

Thanks for your comment on our blog. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday as well but didn’t get as much rest as the students in 4KM and 4KJ.

I went to Melbourne twice because my dad has been doing something for his work and doesn’t get home till really late and that’s when my mum said “Why don’t we go and stay at Crown so you won’t be as late as you are when we are at home.”

I did have lots of fun and I can’t wait to go there again soon because I always have lots of fun staying in the same room as my family.

I am in the middle of reading groups so I am going to go onto another post maybe and look at what other people have said.

I hope to here from you soon and I hope that yu can go back to getting some rest.

From Olivia~Liv ♥

• Hi Olivia,

I’m glad you had fun in Melbourne over the holidays! I am meeting my Mum there on Saturday for a girls weekend – very much looking forward to it.

Your comments are always so well written. I look forward to seeing you all work on your individual blogs when I return in a few weeks!

Regards,
        Miss Smith

• Dear Miss Smith,

Thanks for your reply. It was a really wonderful time in Meblbourne and I am looking forward to going there again really soon with all of my family.

We always have lots offun when we go there and every once in a while we like to try somewhere different.

Thanks for saying my comments are always well writtern. It is the exact same thing Riley said to me but he said long instead of well writtern.

We still sit in the same spots that we were sitting in when you first came exept our table has beeen moved around so that there is more room.

Jake is on another table so it is only the three of us now just in case you were wondering.

The reason my comments are always long is because there are lots of things that I want to talk about and I just like to have them long instead of shor because Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan have taught us how to leave good comments so I do that.

We also have another visiter on our blog who leaves us comments and he is good at them to. He also used to be a teacher.

I hope that you have fun with your mum when you go to Melbourne for a girls weekend.

From Olivia

• Dear Miss Smith,

It’s Keira from 4KM.

I had the best Easter Holiday. I got heaps of Easter eggs from the Easter Bunny and my family.

On Easter day I went to my Nan’s and Pa’s for a nice roast for lunch. After we had lunch we did a Easter egg hunt.

The Easter hunt we had was with clues so we started off with a story. My Pa saw a little green man who came to his the window an said are your grand kids coming over today. My Pa said yes they are, why? Wassat Pong (The little green man)said his Rocket Ship crashed as he was going to land at Mount Dandeenong.

The first clue was the point of the Rocket Ship landed on the big green water tank.

It was so hard to find because they have three green water tanks. I said to my older brother to look for the clues in the clue. So we read it again and we heard there was the word “big” green water tank.

Then we aventuly found three eggs one for me one for my little brother and one for my older brother.

There were 12 clues.

After we found all the eggs we found a hidden clue. it was near their boat it had three bunnies one for each one of us.

It was so much fun!

After the Easter egg hunt we had dessert
      it was Delicious.

What did you do during your braek?

From Keira in 4KM. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hi Keira,

That sounds like one of the best Easter Egg Hunts I’ve ever heard of! It must have been lots of fun for you and your family!

Over Easter I did lots of work for university and visited my family in Ballarat. It was nice to see them again!

Good luck with Term 2,
        Miss Smith

• Hello Miss Smith, ๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you for the great comment!

I love to do any type of work. I can’t wait to go to University but I mostly want to stay with Mrs Morris, Miss Jordan, my class and all the wonderful teachers also kids at the magnificent school.

I had a wonderful brake even though I wanted to come back to school and teach myself all topics. But except for wanting to come back to school, I had a excellent holiday with my family.

I had a holiday with my cousins and aunty also uncle, as well as my family over Easter and one of my cousins is 1 years old and she is a bit restless whenever I see her. So what I am saying is we all didn’t get much sleep.

I ate some chocolate as well and allot more people did too. Not everyone did though.

Well I hope you have had a amazingly, lovely holiday.

Jordi (4KM)

• Hi Jordi,

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter break too! I’m sure you have caught up on missed sleep by now ๐Ÿ™‚

That sounds wonderful that you want to go to University, but not for a while. Enjoy your time in 4KM and 4KJ for the time being!

Best wishes,
        Miss Smith

2. Welcome back everyone,
    I hope you had a wonderful holiday, by the way great post!

My holiday was great and was very horsey. The things that made it horsey are the things I’m about to tell you now!

First thing is that I went for a full day horse – riding which was for 7 hours! I rode my sisters best friends horse (Rusty) for a while and went down where I use to live and saw a horse called Hilston everyday.

The things that weren’t really horsey are things I’m going to tell you know.

Went camping in Balarat, Spending Easter with my family, caught up with family friends and thats really all!

So to me I basically had a horsey holiday but as you can see I did some regular things as well.

Here are some questions:
    Do you think I had a horsey holiday?
    What did you do on your holiday?
    Did you do anything including horses?

Paris♥

• Dear Paris,
      Yes I do think you had a horsey holiday.
      I did not do anything to do with horses this holiday.

This is what I did on my holidays:
      I rode my bike, Played with my brother Jack, Did some reading, rode my scooter, Played the PlayStation, Had a sleep over at my cousin’s house, When to my friends house their names were Jasman, Jett, Jade and Hannah.
      I did lots more that I could type but That would take for ever. :mrgreen:

Here are some questions for you:
      Did you ride your bike/scooter on the holidays?
      What is your sister’s friends name?
      What is your sisters name?

Your blogging buddy,
      Ella
      ๐Ÿ™‚ :mrgreen:

• Dear Paris,

Great comment!
      It sounded like you had a very horsey holiday indeed.

On the holidays I went camping in Rye River for a night, went to a friends house for a play, took my dog Lolly to the beach and heaps more.

Molly

• hi molly
        on my holiday
        i went camping but we did not find a place to camp i was sad that we did not find a place to camp it was not fun we had a brake so i played with my friend Alicia
        it was fun playing with Alicia so i had i bit of fun
        from your blogging buddy Alisha

3. Hi grade four

I’m looking forward to Bike ED Camp and meeting miss mic Keeghan and also learning new things on my Netbook.
    see you again. ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜†

I had a great holiday!
    At the start of the holidays My family and I went to Beeac to spend the Eater weekend with my Pa.
    I got lots of Easter eggs.(yummy)

At the end of the holiday it was Leopold Greens fist AFL match of the season. We were up against Leopold Gold and I kicked a goal! We ended up beating Leopold Gold by 70 points. That’s our second biggest win in 2 years.

After the game there was a sausage sizzle. I got a sausage in bread and and a orange drink.

That day we brought a new car. It was a Ford Territory TS. On the way We had McDonald’s.

Harry :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

What a great post. I really enjoyed my holidays and missed school! It looks like Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan had a wonderful holiday. Don’t you agree? ๐Ÿ™„

I had a great holiday. I went to the Good Friday Easter egg hunt. It was really fun, although I had to wait 2 hours for the hunt. ๐Ÿ™

I also went to the Wand Ponds swimming pool with Sophie, Sophie’s sister (Chloe) and Sophie’s mum (Sharon). I had lots of fun there!

Yesterday I went to the football to watch Richmond Tigers and Western Bulldogs. I went to the football with my sister Sarah and my dad. I was really shocked when I saw the score. Dogs were on 61 and Richmond 100 and something! I was so sad because I go for Dogs. ๐Ÿ™

Well I can’t really remember what else I did on my holidays, but I think I told quite enough.

I am looking forward to bike ed this term and also when we go on our trip to Moldon. I am also going to be looking forward to seeing Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan coming back! I really miss Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan.

Miss Jordan’s parent’s dog looks really cute! I wish I had him as a pet.

Happy blogging!

Best Regards,
    Meg

6. Dear Mrs Smith,

On my holiday in Apollo Bay. A European wasp got into our tent while we were camping. We had to open all of the tent doors to let it get out.

One thing I loved about the Holidays was Easter, Spending time with my family and playing with my two Dogs Angel and Shadow.

At Easter my Nan came down to see us. She got us a present. I thought it was a giant Easter egg but it wasn’t, like all Nan’s she got me new clothes :.x

Nice chat,

Jesse 4KM ๐Ÿ™‚

Well I don’t even know where to start because I did lots of fun things with my family. I hope that you all had fun on your holidays because you had plenty of time to relax maybe go on a holiday somewhere or read a book.

I went to Melbourne on the first day and stayed at the RACV which is where I normally go when I go to Melbourne. I stayed there for two nights on the hightest level you can stay on and played Monoply with my brother Aiden.

My grandma came along with us and stayed in a joined room next to ours. The beds are very compy but the pillows aren’t to me because your head sinks down and down and down until it is nearly over your head so I took my own pillow.

We had lots of fun but my brother kept on complaining that he forgot to bring his IPod. My had to lock him in the bathroom for half an hour.

We went home on Wednesday and unpacked all of our things. Then my mum said “Get ready to go back toMelbourne on Friday for Easter s don’t unpack all of your things. That’s when things started to get out of control. Aiden said that we go to Melbourne way oftern and that he will not be going back in two days.

I just went to my room and read a book while the rest of my family got into a big argument. We endend up going back there anyway. And we stayed ther for Easter. There is 17 levls where we stayed and we had lunch on that level. I got my face painted as the Easter bunny and I got to be the actuall Easter bunnys asistant.

A couple of days later I went to my Nan’s house for a swim in her pool and believe me it is really big so we got to swim in it for a long time by ourselfs.

I used Skype on my IPOd and played Uno with my brother for most of the spare time I had and I even went Horse Riding.

I have to go now but talk to you later when I have a lot more time.

From Olivia ♥

I have a lot of holiday highlights but the one I love the most is when I went camping.We left for camping on Friday the first day of the holidays. It was a long trip and I got really board because it was all most a five hour drive and really boring. But we saw some kangaroos jumping along the trees beside us with their babies following along behind.

From Rochelle

• Hi Rochelle,

I really liked your comment and just have a few questions for you.

1. Where did you go camping?

2. Do you know what a baby kangaroo is called?

3. What were your other holiday highlights?

F

9. Hi grade four, ๐Ÿ˜†

This term I am looking forward to starting Bike Ed the most. Once I have done Bike Ed my mum said that I could start riding to school by my self. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

My holiday highlights were going to the movies to watch The Croods (a really funny movie) and going on the tram at my nan’s house. I liked going on the tram because I saw a mother and baby koala. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Bye For Now,
    Haille :mrgreen:

10. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

I can’t believe that the holidays are over and it’s the start of term 2!

My holiday highlights were going horse riding. I liked the full day riding program at wallington park Equestrian Centre most. I was there for 7 hours and I got to ride twice and I did this thing called theory twice too. I went there with Amelia, Paris and Jordi.

I also went horse riding heaps of other times with friends and stuff but I liked the 7 hour riding program best. I also went to Appllo Bay which is somewhere in Victoria. It’s about 2 hours away from Geelong. In Appollo Bay I went fishing and caught a silver traveley. I was going to keep but I felt sorry for it and I let it go.

They are just two quick things about what I did on the holidays. Sorry for the short comment.

Talk to you soon,
    Ava ๐Ÿ˜›

• Hi Ava,

The full day program at Wallington was so fun. It is to bad I can’t do it for about 3-5 weeks. I might be back a bit earlier.

Yay! It is term 2 I love school.

Appllo Bay would be really fun to go to. I might go there one day.

Jordi

I had a very bad holiday! ๐Ÿ™
    First, I’m riding my pony happily, next, I’m on the ground. Yay. He bolted because he got spooked by a bird that flew in the arena. And it made everything worse because I had my spurs on (spurs are these things that you put on your boots to make a horse faster.)

Then I’m supposed to do a photo shoot with my pony for brand new horse accesories, I was going to do a dress up as a clow, but ALL of the costumes were too small or too big. So my annoying little sister had to do it instead.

But the good thing was that my best friend (Iesha) came down from queensland.

Got to go!
    Your blogging buddy,
    Bronte :mrgreen:

• Hi Bronte,

Ouch! I don’t wear spurs because Smokey doesn’t need them. He goes by talking or in a gallop just letting the reins go..
      Sadly I am out with horse riding. I have broke my finger. (not with riding horses.) ๐Ÿ™

A photo shoot would of been so cool. I hope I will get in one for pony club with Smokey!

Thanks for the comment.

Jordi

• Dear Jordi,
        that’s a shame… on the bright side, when you get back to horse riding, you wont have to deal my pony. On Nim you need to use a crob or dressage whip on him to make him take a step! ๐Ÿ˜†

The photo shoot was for a brand new type of browband.

Bye!
        Bronte

• Hi Bronte,

It is only 1 week until I can go back to horse riding. 2 weeks for Saturday School though.

Smokey absolutely hates whips. He shy’s every step of the way.

Jordi

12. Dear Mrs M, Miss J, 4KM and 4KJ
    My name is Laura D and I am from Miss Ts class of year 4s at TLC.
    Look at all your fantastic coments!!!
    On my holidays I went camping with my family and some friends and I got up on the single skis.
    we had marshmellows and they were delishous.
    From Laura D

• Dear Laura D,

Thanks for the comment for 4KM and 4KJ and I am Gage in 4KM and everyone in the class I am in liked you comment.

From Gage

13. Hi 4km and 4kj,

The holidays went so fast. It felt like it went for one day. any way I love going to my grammars because we all ways go out shopping and i get to see here. Some times if i am lucky i get to see my casein Zoe. she is 5 and I do not get to see them a lot.

Claudia

14. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    this team I am looking faward to bike ED camp
    and learning more about the net books

What did you enjoy on the holidays?
    What did you do on the holidays?

from Alisha,

Welcome back to another term of learning adventures. You probably know N.S.W. students are now on holiday. This is only their first of two weeks off.

I see you will be experiencing bike education this term. It’s not only fun, it can give you important skills for safe cycling. Only recently I was scanning old photo negatives and found I had some of my classes at bike education back in 1992 and 1998. It’s hard to believe my Year 5 students from back then would be about 30 and 25 in age. I wonder if they still ride bikes or have taught their own children?

What was my holiday highlight? Because I now work online with students around the world, it’s rare for there to be a time when a class somewhere isn’t online but Easter was a little different.

My mother (82) wanted to go to the Royal Easter Show in Sydney. Many years ago, members of the family would take animals to the show for judging so the trip brought back great memories for her. I drove her the 6 hours to get there. We stayed in a hotel near the entry to the show and had two chances to visit.

These days she walk very well so I needed to help her but I know she enjoyed what she saw. I took photos and video of the show. They are now stored in case I need them for blogging or to show her what was seen. I wonder if any of you made it to Sydney for the Royal Easter Show?

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

16. Hello Ross Mannell,
    That was very sweet of to bring your mum to that royal Easter show in Sydney ๐Ÿ˜†

I went to S.A in the holidays it was 9 hours drive! Dad was really tired when we got there. It was boring just siting there. But when we going back to Geelong we left at 7:00 so we got back at 6:00. It wasn’t that boring when we were going home. But of course I cried when we were going home because i really missed them even mum nearly cried!

Bye talk to you later,
    Princess(4KJ)

• Hello Princess,

When we’re young, our parents care for us and guide us as we grow. In time, as they grow old, we can sometimes find we have to care for them. It’s part of being a family. We care for each other when in need.

I have driven to S.A. twice. The first time I followed the Pacific Highway from Sydney down to Melbourne then to a place called Geelong ( ๐Ÿ™‚ ) before taking the Great Ocean Road and crossing into S.A. and on to Adelaide. I returned via Ballarat, Bendigo and Echuca before taking the Hume Highway back to Sydney. You have some beautiful coastline near Geelong.

The second trip was one I organised for some families at my school. We travelled via Bourke into Queensland, through Mt. Isa then on to Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock). Our return took us through Port Augusta in S.A. on to Broken Hill in N.S.W. and then to Sydney. I was the driver of a 20 seater bus. We camped in tents each night.

Despite being boring at times, you will one day look back and remember the good times you had travelling with your family. Trips like yours help makle us who we are.

Keep blogging.

@RossMannell
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

17. Hello to everyone in 4KM and 4KJ,

It sounds like everyone had wonderful holidays, except for a few spills and thrills off some horses! I remember those things happening to me when I was younger and I used to ride my horse.

I know Charlotte is looking forward to lots of things this term, but is quite sad that Mrs Morris will be leaving at the end of the term to have her baby. I also know Charlotte is very excited that Mrs Morris is having a baby and can not wait to meet Mrs Morris’ baby when it comes for a visit ๐Ÿ˜†

So many things to look forward to this term, I look forward to hearing all about them from Charlotte.

Martine (Charlotte’s mum) ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Martine,

Great comment! You always leave really great comments.

I have never ridden a horse before but I bet it really hurts if you fall off.

I’m very exited about this term as well as Charlotte. I hope our new teacher is as nice as Mrs Morris.

Hope you had fun on your holidays,
      From Mia

18. Hi 4KM and 4KJ

My name is Caroline. I am a Year 5/6 teacher in Sunbury, Victoria. I was lucky enough to visit your school during the summer holidays to learn about blogging from Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan.

What an exciting term you are going to have. Our school camp is this term and our students are very excited. I was very interested to read the posts about horse riding. One of our camp activities is horse riding. I haven’t ridden a horse for more than 30 years so I am a little nervous about it.

Our class have a blog called Frole Island. We learnt a lot from Miss Morris and Miss Jordan and your quality posts are great examples for our students to learn from.

I look forward to hearing more about your activities during the term.

Caroline ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the great comment.

My name is Mitchell and i’m in 4KJ.On my holidays I stayed in Sunbury for a night. The only thing I did there was rest and sleep but I couldn’t do anything at all because we were staying in a caravan. The only thing I could do was play my ipod.

It is great that you you have a blog that you can post,share what are doing in class and enjoy learning.

Do you go on camps?
      Do you share classes?

Kind regards
      Mitchell (4KJ)

I had an awesome holidays because on easter sunday me and my family went to rippleside park.

rippleside beach and at rippleside park my family and me had a little talk and then we played some markers up but there was 5 [five] people at the up position.

last but no means least we had a play on the rippleside park then we settled down and had some easter eggs.
    sincerely,
    mitchell

20. Hi 4km and 4kj

I’ve been looking at your awesome blog.
    I don’t have a pen licence yet, but I will get one soon.

From Robert