Our House Athletic Sports Day

Today the Grade 3 – 6 students participated in the annual House Athletic Sports.

It was a very warm day, so hats and sunscreen were a must! It was wonderful to see many parents and grandparents cheering on the students as they rotated through each activity.

The students participated in a variety of athletic track and field events, including:

• 100 metre run
  • 200 metre run
  • Hurdles
  • High jump
  • Long jump
  • Triple jump
  • Discus
  • Shot put

Each student is in a particular house (which are identified by different colours) and the points they score in each event goes towards their overall house total. It was a very close competition, with only 16 points separating first and second place. The eventual result was:

• First place – Lawson
  • Second place – Dennis
  • Third place – Gordon
  • Fourth place – Patterson

Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris were on the hurdles event all day, and they enjoyed seeing the students trying their very best. Here are some photos of the 4KM and 4KJ students enjoying the fun!

Well done to all of the 4KM and 4KJ students for their excellent efforts and sportsmanship!

Thanks to Mr Hair for organising another terrific House Athletics Sports Day!

What was your highlight of the Athletics Sports?

Did you find any of the events challenging?

What skills do you need to perform the different athletic track and field events?

15 thoughts on “Our House Athletic Sports Day

1. Hi guys,
    Wow!
    You guys done a great job in athletics day 😆
    It might of been egsausting running two laps.
    Good try and great work.

What was your favourite sport we done today?
    Did you come come first in one of the events?
    What colour are you in?
    Well my favourite sport today was hurdles.
    I did not come fist in any of the events.
    My house colour is gordan.

Love the work you done today keep it up,
    Princess

• To Princess,

Great comment!

I came 1st 2nd and 3rd. 1st in 200m (just) 2nd in 100m (just) and 3rd in Hurdles.My favourite event was high jump.

I’m in Dennis. I can’t believe Dennis lost by two points.

Did you do the 400m?

I did the 400m and got 18th so that meant I did a another lap of Landy Field and came around 11th.

Anthony

• Hi Princess,

I like the way you are always looking to see if there is a new post on the
      blog and if there is you will leave a comment.

I thought that the House Athletics day was really fun because I love sports. My House colour is Dennis (Green) and I like it because there is lots of other people in our class the same colour o I get to sit with them.

My favourite avent was the Hurdels. I have always liked jumping a nice hight but not High Jump. That is a little to hard for me but I will get there.

No I didn’t come first in one of the events but I was really close in the Hurdels. The girl I was going against only just got past me only just so for me it still felt like it.

I hope that you had some fun like lots of the other people in our class.

From Olivia

2. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

Great post!

I really enjoyed the athletics yesterday it was so much fun!

My favourite events were 200 metre sprint, 100 metre sprint, long jump, triple jump and hurdles.

I came first in all the running events which made me really proud.

My highlight of the athletics day was probably doing all of the events. I didn’t really find any events challenging to me they felt pretty easy.

The people I versed in the running events were Paris (4KJ), Jessica (4KJ) and a girl name Charlotte who is in grade three (3JW). those girls ran really really well.

I didn’t do the 800 metre because I was to hot and tired.

Great post again!

Ava 😛

• Dear Ava,

It was great to see that you had lots of fun just like me and many other students.

I thought it was pretty funny when the teachers did there run against each other. I watched you run and you did really good so did the rest of the girls you were running against.

I came second in the Hurdels and the 200 metre spint but I came third in the 100 metre sprint.

Last year I came fourth,fourth and fourth. In the 200 metre I lost agaist a girl with a broken arm only because I stopped and didn’t relize so then she ran straight past me and I thought what’s going on so there was that one.

Well it looked like everybody had lots of different story’s for what they came and how.

From Olivia

3. Hi 4JK and 4km,
    I love your Slide show and I also love sports sadly right now i cant play sport beacuse i have a broken ankle. You look like you went really really well and look really happy with your results!!!!
    From Megan

• Hi Megan,

Thanks for your comment. I also thought that it was really fun and we get to do it again next year.

It is sad to hear that you have a broken ankle. If I were you I would be so sad and angry at the same time because I am a sports lover.

I came second in the Hurdels and 200 metres and for the 100 metres I came third. Yes you are also right with everyone being happy with there results because I was.

Now I have a few questions for you:
      Where are you from?
      How did you break your ankle?
      Did it hurt?
      How did you find our blog?

Have fun and I hope your ankle gets a lot better soon,
      From Olivia (I am in 4KJ!)

4. Hi 4KJ and 4KM,

Sounds like you had a fantastic day at Athletics! My favourite event when I was at school was the 100 metre sprint! I also loved high jump (even though I wasn’t very good at it).

Miss Jordan has told me that you have started up some individual blogs and I have just had a look. I am very impressed and can’t wait to see more great blogging from you all soon. I will leave some comments on them when I have more time.

I bet you are all looking forward to your holidays! What is everybody doing? I will go home to Ballarat to visit my family and friends.

I hope you are all well,
    Miss Smith

• Dear Miss Smith,

Great to see you leaving a comment!

I really loved Athletics day.
      I was so suprised what I came in 100m and 200m.In 100m I came second by one tenth of a second and in 200m I came first by one tenth.It was a great day at Landy Field.

I’m spending easter with my family.

Anthony

• Hi Anthony,

What a great effort! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Athletics is always so much fun.

See you soon,
        Miss Smith

• Hi Miss Smith,

Thanks for your comment. I thought that it was nice of you to leave a comment because even though you are not in the classroom with us all, you are still going on the blog.

I enjoyed having you and I had lots of fun. can you believe that we still sit in the same seats as to when you came and taught us.

I had lots of fun at the athletics and I was very proud of myself because last yer I came forth,fourth and fourth but this year I got second,second and third.

The reason I got a third was because I did the 100 metre last of all and I had used all of my energy for the other’s.

Yet again thanks for your comment and I am looking forward to seeing you on the 4th of May.

From Olivia

P.S Are you looking forward to coming back to 4KM and 4KJ?

• Hi Olivia,

Sounds like you did an incredible job at Athletics too – congratulations!

I am very much looking forward to coming back to 4KM and 4KJ – not too long now! Good luck with the start of Term 1.

Regards,
        Miss Smith

I really like this post and I also thought that going to Landy Feilds. It is nice to see other people are on our blog looking though the posts to leave a comment on the one that sounds the most interesting.

As most of you already know what I came and i am veryproud of myself because last year I came fourth,fourth and fourth. This year I came second,second and third and I am very happy with my score.

I can’t believe that Dennis lost by 2 points and it was a very close game witch shocked lots of people. I think that Lawson were very happy with there win as well witch is a lovely thing to see. Even though Pattison came last they still looked like they had lots of fun like the rest of us.

What did you like about the Athletics Sports Day?

Do you know anyone who is in a different grade but are in the same colour as you?
    If you got to give 10 points to another team who would it be?

I hope to hear from you soon.

From Olivia

Nice post! I really liked the slideshow showing the kids and their medals. What is a Shot Put? Also congratulations to Lawson, Patterson, Dennis, and Gordon for getting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! Also, what is a Discus? Is Landy Field a field near your school?

Great blog!

Your Blogging Buddy,
    Ivy (in Mr. Salsich’s class)

It looked like everyone had a fabulous time. You guys are really lucky because where you live, you already have shorts and t-shirts on. Whereas in MA we are bundled up. One day it was a little warm but we had to wear pants and a t-shirt. We have something similar to Athletic Sports Day. We have Field Day where we play different games like a big capture the flag day and other really fun games. Our field day is at the end of the year though. Sometime in June. It looked like everyone had fun. What did the kids enjoy the most about Athletic Day? If you want to you guys can visit my blog. Here is a link to it. http://infinatalie.edublogs.org

Sincerely,
    Natalie S.
    Mr. Avery’s Class