Skyping with Mrs Yollis and her Class!

We had a lot of fun in 4KM and 4KJ yesterday morning, because we skyped our blogging buddy, Mrs Yollis, and her fabulous 2/3 class!

Mrs Yollis lives in California, USA. There is a big time difference between California and Victoria. You can read about time zones here. When we started the call it was…

9.00am Wednesday in Leopold, Victoria

2.00pm Tuesday in Los Angeles, USA

Mrs Morris, Miss Jordan and their students have been connecting with Mrs Yollis and her classes since 2009. Last year Mrs Morris even visited the USA and got to meet Mrs Yollis in person!

The format of today’s Skype call was called “One Minute Hot Seat”. Five 4KM/4KJ students and five students from Mrs Yollis’ class prepared questions to interview a student from the other side of the world. The stopwatch was ticking as each pair had one minute to chat.

*****

Here are some of the questions and answers from our Skype call.

Check out some photos of the Skype call.

Did you learn anything new during this Skype chat?

Who do you like to skype?

If you were preparing interview questions for the Skype call, what would those questions be?

44 thoughts on “Skyping with Mrs Yollis and her Class!

1. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

great post and I would like to skype my friend Liam and Logan πŸ˜† :mrgreen:.

Who would you like to skype ❓

from,
    Ryley

• Dear Ryley,

Great comment. πŸ™‚ Yes I would like to skype my friends because then if you didn’t get to see them after school or they weren’t at school you could talk to them then. πŸ˜€

I thoght it was fun skyping with Mrs Yollis and I could do it again soon but I can’tbecause I am not at school. πŸ™‚

From Olivia πŸ˜€

That is a great post you put on. I loved skyping With Mrs Yollis and her class. It was great.

I wish I got to ask Mrs yollis’s students some questions that would of been awesome.
    But I didn’t get to but thats all right because I still had fun skyping the students and Mrs Yollis!

sincerly,
    Connor :mrgreen:

• Hi Connor,

Yes it was nice to skype with Mrs Yollis and her students. πŸ™‚

I am the same as you though, I would have liked to ask Mrs Yollis students some questions but I got to anwser them instead. πŸ˜€ I also had fun! πŸ™‚

From Liv! πŸ˜€

3. Hi guys,
    It was so fun skyping with Miss Yollis and her class.
    Great smiles!
    Like your smiles Chloe, Anneliese and Jessica πŸ™‚

Love your smiles,
    Princess

• Dear Princess,

What a great smiley comment. πŸ™‚ It makes me feel happy and want to keep reading. πŸ˜€

Yes I do agree Chole,Anneliese and Jessica had wonderful smiles and enjoyed them selfs like everyone else. πŸ™‚

Have fun,
      Olivia πŸ˜€

4. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

Great post!
    I like skyping people around the world because you get to meet them and I like meeting Mrs Yollis.

From Gage

• Hi Gage,

Nice comment. πŸ™‚ I also think that skyping with other people around the world is fun to and for the same reason as you. πŸ˜€

I also have another reason becuase you can also find out the diffrernt things where they live and they can find the same infomation as well. πŸ™‚

From Liv! πŸ˜€

5. Hi 4km and 4kj,

WHAT A GREAT POST:lol:

SPYPING WITH MRS YOLLIS WAS FUN!
    I DID’NT DO ANY THING But I WOOD IF I COULD
    SEE YOU SOON CONNOR:lol:

• Dear Connor,

Great comment! πŸ™‚ I like the (LOL) sians.

What a shame not everybody could have a go but at least you enjoyed it just like me and many other students. πŸ˜€

From Olivia πŸ™‚

6. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    :mrgreen: 😎
    I really enjoyed skyping with Mrs Yollis and her class and I am sure that everyone enjoyed skyping as well.I was great learning about some of the students in Mrs Yollis’s grade and there favourite things they do. :mrgreen:

Eden :mrgreen

• Hi Eden,

Nice skills with using your (HTML.) πŸ™‚ I also liked skyping with Mrs Yollis grade to. πŸ˜€

If you can rember grade two when we skyped with Russia? πŸ™‚ I thought that was fun as well. πŸ˜€

From Liv πŸ™‚

• Hi Liv,

I do remember when we Skyped with Russia in Mrs Milton’s grade that was fun but I forgot there class name do you remember?

πŸ˜† Eden πŸ˜†

• Hi Eden,
      Great comment!

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Skyping with Mrs Yollis was really fun and being able to here the other people so clearly! :).

Sorry about the short comment,
      Paris

7. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    I liked doing the skyping with Mrs Yollis it was fun I wish that we can do it again some time :mrgreen:.

From Jayden 😈

• Dear Jayden,

Great comment. πŸ™‚ I am sure we will get to skype with Mrs Yollis and her students many more times. πŸ˜€

It was so cool to find out infomation about them and see wha they where. πŸ™‚

From Olivia πŸ˜€

8. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

I learnt that they are a day lat compered to us.

I like to Skype my Nan when she is in Africa or when my mum whet to Egypt.

my question would be what is your Favorited food?

love Chloe

9. Dear 4KM and 4KM

I loved with skyping with Mrs Yollis class
    it was fun even know I did’t help it was still fun

your blogging buddy,
    Shaun

• Dear Shaun,

Thanks for your comment. πŸ™‚ It was really fun to sit up on the chair. πŸ˜€ At least you had some fun.

From Liv πŸ™‚

• Hi Shaun,
      I also thought that it was really fun Skyping with Mrs Yollis as well!

I was really lucky that I got to be one of the people asking questions.

Paris

I absolutely loved Skyping with all of you yesterday! I know my class did too! I will show them this post tomorrow. It is 7:30 P.M. here in California, and I will be heading to bed in a few hours! The time zones always amaze me!

You know what would have made our session even better? We should have had the teachers in the hot seat too! Maybe next time! πŸ™‚

We have been talking about the short cut we learned from you: control + T will open a new tab. Good one!

I would like to compliment the students who participated in the Hot Seat! They spoke so clearly! We hope we were easy to understand! I also liked all the questions. There was a nice variety.

I have a couple of additional questions for people:

1. Has anyone ever seen a platypus in the wild?

2. What’s your favorite Australian landmark and where is it located?

3. What is your favorite iPad app and why?

Great session and terrific photos Millie! You have a good eye and a steady hand!

Your pal,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

• Dear Mrs.Yollis,

I was not at the Skype but I really wanted to but some time’s you can’t or you can, but no biggy .I have not seen a wild platypus in the wild but I want to I really do, my favourite control is the same is yours crtl: t it is easy for me know without clicking on the icon :).
      Logan.

• Dear Logan,

Great comment. πŸ™‚ As I said before to someone else it was a little bit unfair that every one didn’t get a go but there just wasn’t a nough time.

When I came into your classroom I always look to see who is sitting in the seats and when I looked over at you, you weren’t there. It was really fun and I can’t wait to do it again. I have to go now,
        Olivia πŸ˜€

• Hi Mrs Yollis,
      What a good quality comment you left! It was really interesting.

I also think it would have been good if the teachers sat on the seat and asked questions as well!

It was especially fun that I got to be one of the people that asked questions.

Paris

11. Hi Mrs Yollis’,

Hi I am Jordi and I was the typist yesterday. :mrgreen:
    Hi I am Molly and I answered some questions! πŸ˜›

Thanks for the the comment and we love it.
    Also thank you for skyping with 4KM and 4KJ!

Wow! It is really only 3:10pm and we are at school ❗

Molly: No. But I would love to.

Jordi: No. But my dad did and he was quite surprised to see one in a river where boats are.

Molly: Don’t have one.
    Jordi: Don’t have one.

Molly: Puppetpals
    Jordi: I don’t have a ipad.

Bye,
    Jordi and Molly!

12. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

Great post! πŸ™‚ It was really fun to skype with Mrs Yollis and get to know some of her students and what kind of stuff they like. πŸ˜€

It was not my first time speeking to someone over the enternet before becuase in grade two we skyped with kids from Russia. πŸ™‚ My teacher back then was Mrs Milton and we had a lot of fun skyping with them. πŸ˜€ It was also fun because the kids don’t wear school uniform like we do so that gave us a bit of an idea of what they wear. πŸ™‚

It was cool to know what Mrs Yollis and her students were like and see what is different over there and over here (Not much.) πŸ˜€

When there school bell rang it really got me worked up and worried because I had no clue what so ever. πŸ™‚ But then I thoght well it came from the screen and when it happend everyone got exited like they all started getting exited and waving at us and stuff like that. πŸ˜€

It was really fun and I can’t wait to do it again. πŸ™‚ As I said before great post and I hope that you all had a wonderful time just like me. πŸ˜€

See you soon, πŸ™‚
    Liv! πŸ˜€

13. dear everyone,
    I loved talking to miss yollis and her class.
    I have some questions for your class.

Do you play any sport?
    What is your favourite animal?
    Do you have pets?

From Shayla, πŸ˜‰

• Dear Shayla,

Great comment. I also liked talking with Mrs Yollis and her class. It was very nice talking to her.

I do have a parrot.
      I play basketball and football.
      I do have a a favourite animal and it is a snow leopard.

Bye for now
      Mitchell

It must have been a lot of fun skyping with Mrs. Yollis’s class. I hope my class gets to skype with one of our blogging buddies. It seems like a lot of fun!

Do you enjoy blogging? I know I do!
    Hope you have a great day!

Dani
    Techie Kids
    Michigan

• Hi Dani

My name is Charlotte and I am from 4KM.

I love Blogging so much, in grade 2 I got my own blog if you want to see it go up to the right hand side of 4KM and 4KJ blog and under student blogs there is one called Charlotte’s blog (4KM) click on that and you can check my blog out!

Yes it is lots of fun skyping with your blogging buddies it is evan more fun when you get to go one minute hot seat!
      I was one of the kids That got to do it it is so fun πŸ˜†

Charlotte πŸ˜†

• Dear Charlotte,

I &heart; blogging as well, because its fun connecting to other peoples thoughts as well as learning. This blog helps us to communicate to others to see what their life is like. I would like my own blog.

I wish I got to Skype to people, but we haven’t learnt it yet.

Why do you like having your own blog other than saying it’s fun?

Who would you first Skype if you got the choice?

Pleasant regards,

Jesse

15. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,

It must have been very intresting and fun skyping with Mrs.Yollis class. It sounds really fun. My class is thinking about skyping one of our blog buddies. We might not have the time to though.

Sincerely,
    Maddy
    Techie kids

16. Hi everyone,

I really liked skyping with Mrs Yollis.
    I think that this is a fabulous post

See Ya Later,
    😎 Lee πŸ˜† :mrgreen:

Awesome blog post. πŸ˜†
    Skyping with Mrs Yollis was really fun. πŸ˜›
    I learned about the students in Mrs Yollis’s class during the chat. I like to Skype Ryley and Bradley. 😎

Warm regards,
    Logan

18. Hello 4KM and 4K,
    How was Skyping? I don’t think my teacher would let us Skype people at school πŸ™ anyway was it a one time thing or do you do it every now and then or weekly. ect?

Have lots of fun this year, from Chloe.xx (B.N.P.S)

19. Dear 4KM & 4KJ,

That’s really cool that you got to skype and personally meet Mrs. Yollis! I wish we could skype, but of course we can’t :(. Considering that we are I believe 3 hours ahead of California, however you are hours ahead of us, so the timing is very off with the time differences. But I believe that your class had skyped Mr. Avery at 6:00 in the morning.

Tristan~ πŸ™‚

20. Dear Chloe’

what a great comment I wish I never forgot to leave a comment because I always do forget.

I always left comments in grade 2.

I have always wanted to be a good commenter

sincerely
    Connor:mrgreen:

I loved skyping with Mrs Yollis because it is nice talking to people all over the Globe.I didn’t get to speak to her class but I would of loved to.

Sincerely,

Jesse :O πŸ™‚

22. ♥ Hi 4KM 4KJ,
    What a great post.

Skyping with Mrs Yollis was really fun and being able to hear everyone so clearly was great!♥.

Bye,
    Paris

23. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

your skyping pictures looked great. Your site is very beautiful. The pictures of your school are pretty.

i’m from a city school in melbourne, your “one minute hot seat” sounds fun. There really is a big time difference between leopold and los angels.
    What is your fav pic?

sincerly, chantel

24. dear 4km and 4kj

your skyping pictures look incredible. your site
    is cool. i realy like your school it looks ausome.
    from pito