A Question for Parents: What technology did you use when you were younger?

This blog post is for parents and anyone else who would like to comment!

The Grade Four students at our school are very lucky to be involved in the CLIC netbook program. With all students having access to a laptop computer at school, our learning adventures in 2013 are only just beginning!

We have interactive whiteboards in every classroom at our school, and they are also great learning tools. We use the internet every single day to discover and learn about the world we live in. Our class blog is another source of technology and communication.

The 4KM and 4KJ students love using their own devices at home for learning and for fun. Some popular portable devices include the digital camera, iPad, iPod, Wii, Nintendo DS, X-box and PlayStation.

***

Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris remember using Commodore 64 desktop computers and game consoles such as the Atari and Sega when they were young. They have seen technology change a lot since then!

***

We would love to hear from parents, grandparents, other relatives and friends about what technology you used when you were younger and how you have seen technology develop over time. Perhaps you used typewriters, polaroid cameras, turntables, earlier model computers or telegrams? We look forward to learning all about your experiences with technology!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19487674@N00/2984552446

***

What technology did you use when you were younger?

Be sure to check out Ross Mannell’s extended comment for 4KM and 4KJ by clicking here. 

60 thoughts on “A Question for Parents: What technology did you use when you were younger?

1. I remember that our elementary school had a rotating collection of adding machines that we used in math class a couple of times a year. Overhead projectors were considered fancy classroom equipment.

Outside of school, I liked to use tape recorders. First we had reel-to-reel recorder/players, but eventually they came out with cassette recorder. That was a big advancement.

As a kid in the 1960s I remember thinking, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could ever record something on television like we do from the radio!”

Telephones were connected to the wall with a cord. If you wanted to talk on the phone, you could only go as far as the cord stretched! Calling someone in another town was “long distance” and kind of expensive.

• Hi Gary Anderson,

My name is Haille and I am in 4KM.
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our class blog.

I checked out your blog and I might leave a comment on it after school tonight.

I have never heard of an adding machine, what is it? And what does it look like?

I have seen a phone connected to the wall but I wouldn’t like to use one if it costs money to call someone if they don’t live in town.

See You,
      Haille.

2. One of my favourite tech playthings in the early 1970’s when i was young was a reel to reel recorder with a microphone. Used it like you might use the voice recorder on a mobile device. I recorded stories, songs, and made up plays.
    As a teacher I’ve used many different things – here is a blog post I did about some of those old tech tools for teaching and learning
    http://milestomes.com/?p=296
    Sounds like a fun project. Hope to see the results!

• To Miles MacFarlane,

Fantastic comment!
      I think you will be a great commenter this year.

You even got record stuff when you were young.

My favourite device is the i pod.

Whats your favourite device?

Harry (4KJ)

• Dear Miles MacFarlane,
      Great comment!
      A reel to reel recorder sounds really cool! I wish I had one.
      I check out your blog. (Sorry the comment was so short!)
      Your friend,
      Ella 4KM

• Hi, :mrgreen:

I am Jordi and I am a student blogger in 4KM! I have my own blog called
      Jordi’s Joyful Blog!

That would of been really fun making stories, songs, and plays.

By the way amazing comment!

I would love to be a teacher when I am older and I would talk about technology if I have my own grade and be a teacher.

I Hope To Talk To You Again!

Jordi 😛

3. I remember feeling like the coolest kid EVER when I got my ATARI system! It had game cartridges. My favorites were Pac-Man, Pitfall, and Donkey Kong. This was back in the 1980s.

I also remember when we used to listen to records and how amazing it was when they first introduced the cassette tape! It was awesome to have a big “boom box” to play your tapes on. I also remember when the VCR was first introduced!

When I was in college, that’s when I first remember hearing about this new, fancy way to send letters to people over something called E-MAIL.

Oh, what fun to remember how things used to be!

4. When I was in 6th grade, I took an evening class to learn about using these really cool new computers, the Atari 400 and the Atari 800. The 800 was the best because it had better keys on the keyboard.

When I first became a principal, I recorded items on my calendar using a palm pilot.

• Hi,

I am Keira from 4KM for 2013.

4KM and 4KJ loved your comment, it was nice to know that you had to go to classes in the evening to learn about the new computers.

When my mum was a little girl she did not like it when she went on the type rider, she would make a mistake and could not press backspace like you can now.

What does Atari mean?
      How do you pronounce Atari?

Keira in 4KM.

5. Hi guys, when I was just a little older than you folks my brother and I were given a crystal radio. This radio didn’t need batteries to work but they also didn’t have a speaker. The only way to lisen to them was using a very primitice earplug. The radio worked pretty well though at night times the radio station signal used to wander around. Nowadays I can listen to radio stations from all round the world on my smartphone. Interesting.

BTW here’s the link to the Wikipedia article on crystal sets http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio oh and you still get crystal radio set kits if you look on the internet too. 🙂

• Dear Mrpbps,

Thanks for the awesome comment about crystal radios it was great.
      By reading that comment I was interested.
      thanks for the link I might even check it out sometime because I think it was interesting.However we thank you for the interesting comment.

from Rochelle in 4KM 🙂

• hi MR PBPS

thanks for the great comment
      i love it p.s that radio

i have a question was the radio
      portable? if not please comment me bye

Leopold primary school student

KYLE
      🙂

6. Well, we certainly weren’t as lucky as you! I was born in 1960 so that would probably put me in grandparent age. We have a black and white tv which my grandmother bought us when I was four because we used to go to her place to watch tv and I think she was sick of it! We had a radio and a radiogram with a record player. Y’all have to look for a picture of a radio gram. It’s like a huge cupboard that did much less than an iPod. We had a movie camera but we were pretty lucky. That was a bit unusual. We had a camera and I got my own for Christmas when I was about 8. It took black and white photos and you had to post off the camera roll and wait for the pictures to arrive in the post. Nana bought a typewriter but she didn’t realise she would have to type every letter! I got a tape recorder when I was 12. My dad bought it back from overseas and I was over the moon!! Apart from that, no microwave, dishwasher, air con, cd player, iPod, electronic games. We had fun though…we did other things. Good luck with your unit.

7. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

When I was growing up we had a typewriter. However, I thought we were special because in 1982 we had a phone that allowed us to type into it and receive text because one of my brother’s best friends was deaf. There was also an operator on the line who I could talk to and would convert what I said to text for me. I didn’t know anyone else who had this technology until nearly twenty years later.

The next big tech item we purchased was an Apple IIe. I grew up not far from Apple Headquarters, so it made sense for us.

Kind regards,
    Mrs. Watanabe

• HI Tracy,
      I am Jude in 4KM even though we have better technology now I would like to have a typewriter because I could research and type at the same time.
      Did you ever you a floppy disc wen you used a computer?
      Jude

• Hi Jude,

Yes, our Apple IIe had floppy discs that we used. When we purchased video games, we were purchasing floppy discs. I honestly can’t remember saving work on the computer hard drive, but somewhat recollect saving to a rewritable floppy disc.

Thanks for taking me down “Memory Lane!”

Kind regards,
        Mrs. Watanabe

8. Hi there 4KM & 4KJ
    My most prized possession in 1985 was a Sony Walkman, to play my cassette tapes on. Everybody had them, and they were considered the ultimate in cool! In 1989 I spent a year living in Spain, and to contact my parents I had to write them a letter, or reserve a time at the town telephone exchange, where I would be given a cubicle and a timer, and connected to their number by an operator. We had no computers in our school at all in the 1980s. I have enjoyed reading the other ‘oldies’ comments! Good luck with your studies.

• Dear Mrs Monaghan,

Thanks for your great comment.

The only technology I know is IPods,
      IPad, IPods touch’s and laptops.

My favorite peace of technology is a IPad because you can play games on it.

What is your favourite peace of technology ❓

From your new blogging,
      Li♣m 👿 😈

9. I remember watching a video and the remote control was plugged into the machine with a very long cord! And even before they were invented we actually had to get up out of our chair to change a channel,or to pause a movie!

The floppy discs were very cool, they are like a square CD but they are floppy and you couldn’t put much on them, not like now technology is amazing – and it’s fun trying to keep up with changes.

• Dear Sally,

My name is Jesse and i’m in 4KM, thanks for the comment.Those floppy disc’s sound super interesting, I’ve never heard anything like it! We (grade 4’s) have got our very own netbooks to keep, in fact we have our very own post on his very blog.

Nice having a chat,

Jesse

10. Hi!

I am a teacher in southeast Victoria, although currently I am teaching in Colorado, USA.

When I was your age I had the original Nintendo game system with a cartridge you put in that played the game. I also had the first game boy system that was about half the size of a paperback Harry Potter #1.

What always stuns my fifth graders though is when I tell them I did not have a computer in my house until I was in year 7 – and the Internet was not a big thing! In fact, my Google was encyclopedia books…..ask your teachers to show you them in the library if you have any!

Enjoy your laptops – my class all had net books last year and we were able to do so much learning! Have a great year with them!

Miss Huntly 🙂

• Dear Miss Huntly,
      Those devices that you used when you were younger seem so different than what we have around now!
      I think it’s fun learning about what technology parents used when they were younger. It’s also fun learning about how different the technology is now than it was then.
      I can almost not believe that you didn’t have a computer until you were in year 7!
      There were a few questions I wanted to ask you if that’s O.K:
      Did you ever have a typewriter?
      Are there any more technology devices you used when you were younger?
      Paris

• Hi Paris,

My Nan had an old electric typewriter and Mum had one at work as well. I used to play with it and type up all my stories I wrote at home when I was about the age you are now! You had to use whiteout when you made a mistake so it was very important you took your time!

Aside from the typewriters and what I have mentioned before, I had an old cassette player that played tapes until the CD walkman came out. I am glad we have iPods and MP3 players now – you can carry around so many more songs than on one CD!

I’m glad you are getting so many responses. It’s amazing how far technology has come even since I was born in the 80s!

🙂

11. Dear 4KM & 4KJ,

When I was younger we had a type writer at home. I loved typing on it, but if you did a mistake you couldn’t delete it like you can on a computer.

We had a few computers at school that the whole class had to share. They were huge and bulky, nothing like the little netbooks your using today!

Happy blogging.
    Kim

• Dear Mum/Kim,

Great first comment for the year!

I think that using a computer is much much
      easier than using a type writer!

What color were the computers when you were little, or where they still like our’s now?

Your daughter,
      Eb

12. Dear 4KM and 4KM,
    I can relate to most of the comments from your other visitors! In college I has to write lots nd lots of papers and was so excited when I got an electric typewriter with a built in white out button to correct typing mistakes.
    In the 1985 we were thrilled with our Apple IIe computers. They made publishing our school newspaper so much easier.

Now I can’t live without technology- phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops, etc!
    What’s the best part of having all this technology?
    Mrs. Hembree

• Dear Mrs. Hembree,
      Great comment!

I think it is great to have all the technology we have because it can help us lean a lot more than just paper, pens and pencils.

With the opportunity to use technology is a great advatige for most students at this school because technology can be used all around the the world so we can lean so much about Australia and all the wonderful places around us.

All the things that my parents did not have that I do can help alot with leaning about what the things around us are.

But some of the bad things are that if you use computers or any other piece of technology is that you can strain your eyes or if you sit still for to long you can get obese.

Bye for now your friend,
      Ella

13. Dear 4KM and 4Kj,

Well, it seems you asked one of those questions that start me thinking. I was thinking about what technology I’ve used over the years and thought I’d share some things but that meant I had to create the first extended comment for 2013.

The post runs you through some of the changes since I was born in 1954. I’ve used technology of some form throughout my life. The big difference is how much technology has changed. I didn’t list everything. That would take too long. 🙂

To see the post, her is the link…

http://rossmannellcomments.edublogs.org/2013/02/24/what-technology-did-i-use-when-younger-for-4km-and-4kj/

Have fun with your netbooks. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• To Ross,

I have read your extended comment I think you’ve done a great job.In 1971 was the first computer invented?1978 was the first video camera made?

From Yunus

• Hello Yunus,

I would guess you would have to go back to the late 1930s to see the first computer appear. 1971 was the first time I was able to see a computer. They were large and heavy and definitely not home computers.

Video cameras were first made for television. They were large and very heavy and were connected to recorders by large cables. They had been around before television started in Australia in 1956.

While I was in university in the 1970s, I did have the chance to use a portable video camera. It was heavy and only recorded black and white on large 2.5cm wide tapes. The first home colour video cameras became available in Australia around 1980. I bought my first in 1982. I have had many since then.

@RossMannell

• Dear Ross,

When did the colour video cameras come?When did the TVs come?In the 1970’s were the computers really introduced?
          🙂 😆

From Yunus

• Hi @RossMannell,
      My name is Mitchell and I’m in 4KM.

I was thinking about what technology I’ve used too,
      Some of the technology I’ve used are WII, PlayStation, Nintendo DS, laptops and of course our netbooks! The netbooks are so cool, they’re easy to carry, the keys are so soft and easy to press down.

The commodore 64 computers look so bulky compared to the laptops and the computers they have now, to me it sounds funny that the Nintendo DS has more memory than the commodore 64 computer.
      What was your favourite technology games when you were a kid?

By for now,
      Mitchell

• Hello Mitchell,

Over the years, I have had many types of computers including the Commodore 64, 128 and Amiga as well as a number of other types. I worked with a Computers in Education group and was able to help others with all types in schools in the 80s. Now I only operate Windows and Mac OS computers. The others are no longer available.

When I was your age, we didn’t really have technology games but I had electronics as a hobby. I would buy electronic components and build kits. When I was a teenager, I bought a kit for an electronic game. After soldering it all together and putting it in a plastic box with its batteries, I connected it to a TV. It was my first technology. A figure a little like a person on a motorbike would move when a turned a knob. I would get it to “jump” over buses. You would find it a very simple game compared to today.

The first real computer game I used was at a science fair at my high school around 1969. It was around 2m by 2m by 2m in size and could only play noughts and crosses (tic-tac-toe). I had to wait until the early 1970s before there were video games in arcades. Before that we only had pinball machines.

The first home game console I used was probably an Atari 2600. Since then I have used many computer games, games consoles, and handheld games so, what is my favourite? I can’t really say what my favourite is. It was generally whatever game I was using at the time. The latest when I have some time is probably Angry Birds although it doesn’t take very long to finish all levels as each version comes out. 🙂

@RossMannell

• Hello again @RossMannell,

Cheers for the miraculous reply,

I’ve got Angry birds on my IPod touch generation 4. It gets boring occasionally because it goes over and over again. I’ve got racing games which I enjoy playing, information books which I find interesting, a camera and contacts for people.I know it does so much more than those old telephones .

By for now,
          Mitchell (4KM) :mrgreen: 😆

14. Wow, what a question.
    Well firstly I have a friend and his father was a teacher, and when he was a teacher in the 1970s they had a professional development day for the whole day on Overheard Projectors! (you might need to ask about these, not sure if you would have any at your school). My very first computer was a Vic 20 computer and then I followed that with a Commodore 64 – they seemed amazing at the time but I am pretty sure that they aren’t wonderful now. I think you get all the games as free flash games that are online for free. I think we paid $1000 NZ for our Commodore 64 when we brought it too, I dont think anyone would pay anything for it now.
    Mr Webb and Rooom Five, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, New Zealand.

• @ Mr Webb,

Thank you for your comment!

I have never heard of a Vic 20. Was a Vic 20 very populuar back then in NZ?

My Dad has got an I phone 5 as they are quite new.

Best wishes,
      Amelie

15. Hi,
    What a funny thing to remember considering how we use technology today! I always think of our home telephone that had the dial for the numbers and you had to sit right next to it as it wasn’t even cordless.

At my Primary school we had 4 computers and I remember playing a really cool game called “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?” I wonder if it would still be cool if I played it now.

When I was in high school we had access to the internet. Except no one really knew what it was. You could book a computer and use the internet for 2 hours a week and you had to book 2 weeks in advance.

My dad had a mobile phone for his job. It was very exciting, but it was the size of a giant brick and not very easy to take anywhere or to talk on.

Today I use technology everyday in so many different ways ….. my things have changed!

• Hi Mum,

thanks for leaving a comment for the blog.

When I was reading the comment for the class we came up to the game you wrote about and Miss. Jordan yelled out ” I used to play that game.” and the she tolled
      us all about it. It sounds fun! [I don’t think that game would be as cool as it was back then]

you never tolled me about grandads phone can you tall me more about it another time?

I would keep going but it is almost the end of the lesson so I have to go see you tonight,

From Mia

• Hi Monica,

My name is Ava and I am a student in
      4KJ.

WOW! what different technology you used when you were younger. It sure has changed!

It would be very annoying having to sit next to the phone and not be able to go anywhere. Typewriters would be pretty annoying if you make a mistake. Computers are much more easier to use.

You must have enjoyed where in the world is Carmen Sandiego. You probably can play it on the internet. It sounds pretty fun! Was it your favourite game to play on the computer?

Wow that mobile phone seemed to be quite big and chunky. I would hate to carry one of those around.

Thanks for your great comment.

Ava 😛

16. Hi 4KJ and 4KM
    What a fantastic blog topic! I have been travelling down “memory lane” reading everybodies commnents!
    I learnt to type on an old typewriter at school. My fingers used to ache a lot when I first started to learn to touch type. Very different to typing on a computer keyboard. I also had to use carbon paper to make a duplicate copy of what I was typing. If you made a mistake you had to use Tippex which could get quite messy!
    In my first job I used an electronic keyboard. It had a tiny screen on it above the keys, and you could see about 4 words at a time as you typed. I thought it was very modern and fancy, considering what I had used at school. I too had a Sony Walkman that played cassette tapes and I thought that was the coolest music player ever! I used to wear a special belt and headphones and go jogging with it.
    A black and white TV was one of my first memories as a kid. It had no remote. You had to change the channels but getting up off your chair, walking to the TV and turning a dial to the channel you wanted to watch. What a difference to the colourful LED 3D TV’s we can buy now all with remote controls of course!!!
    Thank you for the invitation to comment on your blog. It is great fun.
    Kind regards
    (Jessica’s Mum – 4KJ)

• Hi Carolyn,

Your comment is so long and just great!

Typewriters seemed to be be annoying if you made a mistake and you had to use messy Tippex and computers today seem to be very easy and it even has a back space key.

The Sony Walkman seems pretty cool except the belt part. Today we have
      I-pods and I-pod minis and we don’t have to wear a belt with them. Wen you went jogging with the Sony Walkman was the belt heavy?

Thanks for your great comment!

😛 Ava 😛

17. Let’s see…
    I used a Sony Walkman with a Bon Jovi audio tape (cassette) in it on my way home from junior high. When I got home, I’d play Ms. PacMan or Frogger on our Atari (got that in ’83, when I was in 4th grade).

All my papers were typed on a Selectric typewriter, and I remember changing the cartridge if I wanted a different font (but I don’t remember it being called a font), then having to change it back again before Mom used it again. I remember the ribbon running out of ink, and my dad rewinding it and flipping it over so we could “cheat” and use the other side…

We got our microwave some time when I was growing up – it was so AMAZING! We’d watch the food as it turned around and around, and were a bit afraid to eat it… How did it get so hot so quickly?!

We also purchased one of those popcorn makers that spun a thick, hot wire around in circles, stirring up the kernels a bit until, one by one, they’d pop up and fill the bowl (which was also the top)! Dad would flip it over and voila! A bowl of piping hot popcorn would emerge!

One more thing… No cell phones at all, but I did carry a dime in the pocket of my Kangaroo shoes for an emergency phone call on a pay phone if needed…! I was a very lucky child to have all of this!!

• Hi Joy Kirr,

My name is Amelia ( Millie ) and I am in grade four this year.

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

I play games on my iPod touch , and some of my favorites are Subway – Surfers, Fruit Ninja , Cut The Rope and Video-Star.

My family doesn’t have a popcorn machine but we sometimes buy microwave popcorn which you just put in the microwave for two or three minutes. Sometimes it burns though , and it turns a bit black and doesn’t taste very nice.

In our grade we usually type our papers on Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and you can change the font by just clicking a button!

It sounds like technology has changed a lot over the years!

Millie

18. Hello all

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I went to primary school in the late 1970s and finished grade six in 1984. When I went to primary school we didn’t have anything electronic to use – I can’t even remember using calculators, although I am sure I would have. I remember blackboards, chalk, pen and paper. At home I loved playing my Nintendo ‘Game and Watch’ digital games and also my Atari, of course.

In high school I had a weekly lesson on Commodore computers and had typing lessons, as well. There was no such thing as interactive whiteboards, we still just had blackboards and mobile whiteboards. Then I bought my first computer in 1991 – an AppleII – and absolutely adored doing creative ideas on it. I remember it cost $2500 back then – that was a lot of money then, but it was worth every cent…

Have a great week!
    Ness

• Hey Ness,

My name is Haille and I am in 4KM. Thank you for leaving a fantastic comment on our class blog.

I can’t believe that in primary school you didn’t have any thing electric to use. It would have been normal to you though.

What was an AppleII like? I know you can do creative things on it, but what else can you do on it?

See You,
      Haille 😉

19. Hi Everyone,
    What a great blog and a great topic. When I was boy in grade 4 my grandparents had a “Radio Gram”. This was like a radio we use today, except inside it, instead of using transistors it had what was called valves. Valves look like skinny light globes and they used to glow like light globes too.
    I also remember how excited my high school was when we got commodore 64 computers. Instead of clicking on icons we used to have to type in commands. For example: “c:/hello” and the computer would say hello back. I laugh now to think of a commodore 64 that I could not lift. It had less memory capacity than a Nintendo DS that I can now fit in my pocket.

Andrew.

20. Hi Andrew ( Dad ),

It’s Millie.

I think it would have been annoying to not be able to move the computer, I move my netbook all the time! If we still used the Commordore 64, it would be very difficult to conduct the one to one netbook program as it would have to stay in the one spot!

I love using smaller devices such as the iPad iPod and Nintendo DS.

Did you have iPods when you were growing up?
    I don’t think I would survive long and sometimes short car trips without my iPod touch!

Talk soon,
    Millie 🙂

21. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    I hate to admit this, but I am difinitely old enough to remember when computers weren’t around.
    We had a black and white television, radio and record player. I used to think I was sooo lucky to have this little box you opened up and one half played the record and the other side was the speaker. It played 45 and 33 RPM records.
    My Dad had really special ones that were called 78s, they were from the 1940 and 50s, one of his records was of Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam, it was my favorite. When I was in grade 3 or 4 he let me take it to school and I had it on the back seat of the car. We never wore seatbelts back then either and I was leaning into the front talking to my Mum and she had to brake suddenly, I sat on the record and it broke!!! I’m pretty sure Dad was more sad than I was, but he was very kind about it.
    We also had a telephone with a handle you turned to talk to the operator, that was in Tongala, a really small town in northern Victoria, my Mum was the telephonist, so we could turn the handle and get Mum when she was at work, now days you would get someone in India or Sydney or anywhere.
    The technology now is amazing, it makes life so easy, but if it breaks down we are in trouble. I was giving a talk at work the other day and my computer program was windows and the laptop I tried to use it in was a mac, we couldn’t get it to work, so I had to use the “old fashioned” white board and textas. I think I still got my message across.
    Thanks for the chance to go back in time for a short while.
    Hope you are enjoying school, keep learning lots!
    Catharina.

• Read your post and knew exactly which song you were talking about. Whey son was 5 we loaded up an old iPod with stories from http://www.kiddierecords.com/ and found mp3s of the 78s my grandparents had for my dad when he was young.
      Flip through that collection. I have no doubt the record you had is there.
      Cheers from Canada
      Miles

• Dear Mum/Catharina,

Great comment!
      Back when you were younger I would have thought that was cool to. But not now that stuff is old now. Seeing how technology changed would be really cool! I really look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Lots of love,
      Ella

22. Hello students!

This is a great topic! I am a technology facilitator from Illinois, USA. I hope you are all having a great week.

One of my favorite computer programs I used as a kid in the 1980s was called Logo. It was a small triangle that was supposed to be a turtle. It was one of my favorite programs because I could tell the turtle to turn and write with his “feet.” There is a similar activity on the Math Playground website. This website actually has a real turtle (he looks better than the triangle that was supposed to be a turtle when I was a kid). http://www.mathplayground.com/mathprogramming.html

Have a great week!
    Mrs. Ryder

@techteacher18

• Hi Mrs Ryder,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our blog. I remember Logo very well. In fact, I think that’s the only thing we did on computers when they arrived in our school for many years! That Math Playground website brought back memories.

While Logo didn’t inspire a love of technology in me, luckily I a developed a passion later on!

Best wishes,
      Mrs Kathleen Morris

23. Hi Everyone,

When I was in grade six we only had two computers for two classes. At home we also had an atari, that was pretty fun but we spent more time outside than we did on the atari. My sister got a sega master system for Christmas one year. :mrgreen:

At school we only had a blackboard, we didn’t have an interactive whiteboard or even just a whiteboard, you kids are very lucky! 😆

From Leisha. (Haille’s mum) 🙂

• Hi Mum,

Thank for leaving a comment on my class bolg. 😆

In grade one (Mr Scerry’s class) we did have a black board but we didn’t use it once in the whole year! Some people used it in free time though. 😯

Lots of love,
      Haille ♥