Family Lunch and CSI Afternoon

Today Leopold Primary School held a special family lunch and Community School Investigation (CSI) afternoon.

This is how we spent our afternoon…

• At 1.30pm, parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles and other relatives arrived at school to join the students for a picnic lunch.
  • During lunch time, our special guests spent time with the students or enjoyed refreshments in the Melaluka Building.
  • At 2.30pm, students and family members gathered in the classrooms before heading outside for the CSI activity. Students and their special guests had to complete 30 questions about our school. To complete each task, they had to read the clues and travel to different areas of the school to hunt for the answers!
  • At 3.15pm, everyone came back to the classrooms to correct their answers.

Here is a scanned copy of the CSI questions our students answered this afternoon

Here are a few photos of some 4KM and 4KJ students enjoying their picnic lunch and CSI afternoon. Tip: click on the bottom right hand corner to view in full screen.

ย ****

A big thank you to all of the family members and friends who joined us for this wonderful afternoon!

Well done to the Grade Six students and teachers involved in organising the terrific CSI activity, it was enjoyed by all!

****

What did you enjoy about our special afternoon?

What is your favourite kind of picnic lunch?

Have you ever completed a challenge like our CSI activity?

34 thoughts on “Family Lunch and CSI Afternoon

despite the hot weather, I liked doing all of the questions. I had no parents to come because they were both at work. But Charlotte (from last year in 4KJ) and I got to do the activity with preps that couldn’t have their parents come.

Charlotte and I split up, but kept running into each other, so we decided to pair up. Just as we got up to question 10, Tilly (the prep that I had) really wanted to go back to her classroom, but then Charlotte’s buddy wanted to keep doing it, so we did the questions around the classroom.

I’ve done a couple of challenges like the C.S.I afternoon, but this was my fave.
    Pony Hunt. I just had to find the things on the list, or fill in the spaces. My favourite question on it was ‘What’s the colour of the horse in the arena at far end of the property?’ They had someone holding a little chestnut pony! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your blogging buddy,
    Bronte ๐Ÿ‘ฟ :mrgreen:

• Hi,

Thanks for the comment!

I wasn’t at school on Friday so I didn’t do the CSI lunch but it seemed lots of fun.

I would love to team up with a prep. It would be lots of fun.

For the CSI lunch did you have a choice to team up with a mother, father, or any other relative.

Your Friend,
      Jordi ๐Ÿ˜›

• Dear Jordi,

thanks for replying to me. You could team up with a reletive, but my parents were at work and I don’t live near any reletives. ๐Ÿ™

Despite the fact that just when the questions got interesting, Tilly wanted to go back to the classroom, it was fun.

One of my favourite questions was “What is the Rafflesia flower?” or at least it was like that.

Your friend,
        Bronte ๐Ÿ‘ฟ :mrgreen:

• Dear Bronte,
      I enjoyed the CSI afternoon as well. Even though it was hot, it was totally worth it.

My Mum and little sister Evie came and they enjoyed the afternoon as well. They said it was great fun and liked looking at the school.

By the way I love ponies as well. I ride at Wallington Park Eqeustrian Centre. It’s great fun and once we kind of did a quiz but we had a helper with us.

Do you go to Wallington Park Equestrian Centre?

If you don’t what riding school did you go to?

Would you want to do more hunts more often?

Did you enjoy the CSI activity as much as the pony hunt?

From Paris

• Dear Paris,

I’m finally finding so many people that go to Wallington! ๐Ÿ™‚ Yep, I go there, and I keep my horses there. Do you do private lessons or Saturday school? We should try meet up there at lunch or something. What horses/ponies do you ride?
        I used to ride Brandy and Sierra (sezzie), but there long gone.

I loved the C.S.I hunt the same as the pony hunt!
        Also I’d love to do more hunts.

When I rode at Wallington (the school ponies) I never did any quizzes, but we learnt to plait horses manes and tails, helped out with the allyways, and we took the risk of cleaning the schoolie paddock! But then Holly just said clean out the water troughs (phew!)

Are you doing the Easter camp?

Your new friend,
        Bronte :mrgreen:

• Dear Bronte,

My name is Amelia ( Millie )
          and I am in 4KJ this year. I am Paris’s BFF and I also ride at Wallington.

I usually ride Henry,Sam and sometimes Jester and Bridget.I never got a chance to ride Sierra, but I would have loved too! As for Brandy, He was the horse I learned to ride on.

I do Saturday School every second weekend,but just for the morning, ( sometimes I do the full day )so maybe when I do a full day we could met each other in the clubroom at lunch.

Holly said I can ride Luna this week and I can’t wait!

What are your favourite school horses at Wallington Park? Mine are Sam, Henry,Sabir, Sierra and Luna.

Do you jump with your pony? I jump up to 60cm

Hopefully we see each other at school or Wallington Park soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Wishes,
          Millie

• Dear Bronte,
          i do Saturday schools and private lessons (mostly Saturday schools) I have to go my class is packing up

Paris ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Hi Grade 4KJ and 4KM detectives

Thank you for capturing the CSI challenge so perfectly on your class Blog. The photos brought back some very happy memories and made my computer screen smile. WOW, donโ€™t we have a fantastic school!!! During the CSI challenge I was so lucky to be at site 14 with my โ€˜Way to goโ€™ stamp, where I had the pleasure of recognising the magnificent detective work of many many families and student friendship group. I know we are all very grateful to the Grade 6 students (Mr Limbโ€™s and Ms Stewartโ€™s Grades) for taking on the responsibly to create the puzzle pathway around our school. The grade six students were certainly wet frogs, off the log, and in action. I think I should say, โ€˜ Leopold PS we have nailed it! Now whatโ€™s next ? Ahhh , I know, โ€˜The Athletics sportsโ€™, โ€ฆ.. I wonder if Mr Hair will let me start the races????
    Cheers and see you on a Monday
    Ms R

• Hi Mrs R,

Thanks for leaving a great comment! It sounds like you had a great day too!

I loved question 14 the most as well as it was lots of fun running around the oval with my friend Meg to get the stamp ๐Ÿ™‚

I think Mr Hair should let you start the races. Maybe you can get a team of teachers to run a race with you, that is what my dad’s school does, teachers vs students in a relay ๐Ÿ™‚

Your blogging buddy,

Charlotte in 4KM ๐Ÿ˜†

• Good morning Mrs R(*)

Yes you are very lucky with your way to go
      stamp you sound so happy ๐Ÿ™‚

I had no one to go with so Jude made me
      go with him.

see you later
      on Tuesday

• Good morning Mrs Rollingson(*)

stamp you sound so happy ๐Ÿ™‚

I had no one to go with so Jude made me
      go with him.

see you later
      on Tuesday

• Dear Mrs Rollinson,

Thanks for your great comment. I loved the CSI afternoon as well.

I think it was a great idea to invit familys to come and join us if they could because if they have never seen our school before or they have but don’t really know it as well as us it was a great chance to step up be wet frogs and we could show them. I went with my brother in grade 2MD and my grandmother and we came and got a stamp from you. It was really good for the grade sixs to go with the people who didn’t have anyone and they could also enjoy it. I loved the way how there were lots of different questions around the school and how everyone started at different points. Whenever it comes to finding out anwsers and doing stuff like that I know that I will always like it. I also like being a wet frog because you don’t just sit around and do nothing you actually get out there an do something. I am looking foward to seeing you at the assembly after lunch and I will keep checking to see if you have left comments and will try to reaply to as man as I can.

From Olivia 4KJ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Hi to everyone in 4KM and 4KJ,

We had a wonderful afternoon exploring Leopold Primary School! It was very warm, but with our hats and sunscreen on, it wasn’t too bad ๐Ÿ™‚

Oliver and I really enjoyed coming into Charlotte’s classroom and seeing her spot where she sits when she is doing her work, we liked having to find the clues and answers to the questions, just like Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc do! (Oliver’s favourite show!).

Eating lunch together was a special treat, I made some extra special double choc chip muffins for us to share ๐Ÿ™‚

We have been to the CSI day before in other years, and have enjoyed it very much.

Hope everyone had a good time, we sure did!

Martine and Oliver ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Martine and Oliver,

My name is Haille and I am in Charlottes class.

I had a good time doing the CSI activity with my Mum too. My Mum and I also made some muffins, they were banana cake ones with cream cheese icing.

My Mum and I paired up with Ella D and her Dad, also Rochelle didn’t have anyone with her so she joined us too.

Warm Wishes,
      Haille

• Hi Haille,

Your muffins sound yummy! I also like banana muffins, especially with cream cheese frosting ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds as though you had a great day too, it was alot of fun to get together and do something special.

We had Meg from 4KJ come around with us as her dad couldn’t make it and it was nice to have someone else to help Charlotte, Oliver and I with the questions!

Martine ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Martine,

The muffins my mum made were really yum and Mrs Morris liked them too.

The grade sixes did a good job but there was one question that they got wrong. Did you find the one that they got wrong?

Your Friend,
          Haille.

• Dear Martine and Oliver,

Great comment.

I also liked the CSI, I mostly enjoyed doing the CSI activity with you, Charlotte and Oliver, It was really fun.

It was really warm, I only had a hat on not sun cream and a hat. I was suposef to put sun cream, but I forgot to. Oops!

I also liked finding the clues, Most Of all I didn’t really like number 14. Number 14 was where we had to run around the big ovel near the basket ball court, and getting a stamp by Ms R. Remember that?

It was a bit like Scooby Doo.

When I was sitting with you, Charlotte and Oliver for the pinic lunch I loved those muffins and by the way thank you for letting me have one. I also loved the fruit plater you made for us. It was really yummy too.

Well that is good that you enjoyed the other CSI’s you went to.

I did have a good time as specially when I was spending the CSI activity with you.

From your buddy,
      Meg

• Hi Martine,

My grandparents came to the CSI afternoon and we had pasties and salad for lunch. After lunch my grandma went with me for the CSI hunt and my grandpa went with my little sister. My grandma and I got a few questions wrong, but it was still fun.

What was your favourite question?
      Mine was ” A lady with a flower in her hair has a secret message ” my grandma and I didn’t find her, but it was still fun looking for her!

Best wishes
      Millie ๐Ÿ™‚

I loved the picnic, because my nanna and poppy came down to have lunch with us.I had raisin toast with a can of Pepsi max.

Then after the bell went to go find your person and come to your classroom, I couldn’t find them. So I paired up with my friend Shaun.

Later on Shaun wondered away and I got bored so I paired up with my other friend Gage. We had a complete BLAST!

Who did you go with?

Did you have a blast?

See you later,

Jesse

• Hi Jesse,

Great quality comment!

Yum! I love raisin toast, it seemed like a nice lunch.

My mum or dad couldn’t come or nan or pa because they were all busy so I paired up with Paris, her mum and little sister. We had a lot of fun when we had to do that sheet.

Yep I sure did have blast.

From.
      Ava ๐Ÿ˜Ž

5. To 4KM and 4KJ,

I had a great time at the CSI afternoon.

MY Gar came. I spent the treasurer hunt with Anthony, Sienna,Ella,Layla and Gar. We got 6 wrong. But we still had a great time.

Harry

I think that the CSI was a great thing to have. It was so great to see all of the family. I also like when we could show all our familys in to our rooms and were we sit. I had a great time!

What did you like best?

From Jess

The CSI afternoon was great my Mum,Dad and brother came to the CSI afternoon. We all thought it was great! My Mum and Dad didn’t bring lunch but they thought that the finding part was really tiring! They both did all the finding my dad and I went together and my Mum and brother went together.

My Dad and I only got 5 wrong.I am not really shore about my Mum and brother.After that all of our feet whore sore!

Bye,
    Eb

• Hi Ebony,
      I think the CSI afternoon was great. My dad
      had lunch with me. I liked doing the quiz.
      I don’t know how many questions we got wrong, but we did get than three wrong. My favourite picnic lunch is fish and chips at the beach. I asked my dad if he could bring pizza, but he said no. Where is your favourite place for a picnic lunch?

Cheers,
      Anneliese

8. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

It was so hot at the CSI Community Lunch but I still loved the day. My mum came to the afternoon and my brother came in grade one came with us, our family pared up with Mitchell family.

I loved the afternoon so did my family it was so fantastic how the grade sixโ€™s organised that whole entire day.
    I love all picnic lunches they always have yummy treats. Yum! Yum!

From Keira.

9. Hi 4KJ and 4KM
    I just watched the slide show of some of the students and their family/friends who attended the CSI day! The photos are amazing. Everyone looks like they are having such a fun time. I heard from Jessica’s PaPa that some of the questions were quite “tricky” – lucky he had Jessica with him to help!!!
    Thank you to all the grade 6’s who organised such a great event.
    (Jessica’s Mum)

10. Hi 4KM and 4KJ, Hope you all had great CSI lunch.I went with my Aunty and we had Subway for lunch.

I brought my friends Mitchell C and Yunus. It was scorching hot.

Who did you bring?

From Darcy ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Hello,

Well done with the post Miss Jordan!

I didn’t go to the CSI lunch/activity, but it seemed
    really fun. I bet it was fun?.

I don’t think I have ever completed/done a CSI
    activity. Maybe I have before?

My favorite picnic lunch in sandwiches and some
    more yummy food…

The CSI activity looked really fun.

Jordi ๐Ÿ˜›

12. Hi 4kj!

I had such a great day at the CSI afternoon. It was so much fun to enjoy a picnic lunch with Connor, Breanna & Caiden. The grade 6’s did a great job organizing the questions and we had fun searching the school for the answers.

I can’t wait for the next activity day!

I’ve been reading through your blog and think it’s fantastic. Keep writing so I can read about what you’ve all been doing.

From Jenelle ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Hello 4KM and 4KJ

We are a grade 4/5 class from Upper Plenty Primary School. We think your blog is very cool, we especially like the cherry clock!

We hope you enjoyed your CSI afternoon. We have done something similar at our school. Last year we did a DNA test. This year we had a family picnic and Open Afternoon. We also ate lunch with our families and friends.

We noticed in your photos the rock climbing wall you have! We also have a rock climbing wall in our playground.

Some of our favourite picnic lunches are:
    – homemade sausage rolls
    – sandwiches
    – fish and chips
    – cake
    – KFC
    – Maccas
    – chicken
    – cold meat.

What was your favourite part of the day?

From 4/5P

• Hi 4/5P,

Hi I am Jordi a 4KM student and I love to blog every day. :mrgreen:

Thank you for the comment from you and your amazing grade.

YUM! All the picnic lunches you listed made me a bit hungry.

I didn’t go to the CSI Lunch/Day but I would of had a great time.
      But if I did go I would of liked having lunch with family and friends.

How old are the kids in your grade?

Thank you for the comment again.

Jordi

P.S Please visit my blog on:
      http://jordisblog.global2.vic.edu.au/
      I hope you like my blog!

๐Ÿ˜›