Guest Post: Meet Our Student Teachers

Hi, our names are Charlotte and Ava and we are from 4KM and 4KJ. We are writing this as the first guest post for 2013.

We have some awesome student teachers from Deakin University working with us at the moment. Their names are…

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

Miss Smith (4KJ) and Miss McKeegan (4KM)

We have had a great time with with Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan so far. They are lots of fun. Here is an interview we conducted to find out a bit more about them…

What do you like to do besides teaching?

Miss McKeegan: Art and photography.

Miss Smith: I like travelling.

What places do you like to travel to?

Miss Smith: Europe, last year I lived in Sweden for six months and saw lots of places!

Miss McKeegan, I like to travel everywhere! I recently went on a trip halfway around Australia in my four wheel drive.

What’s your favourite animal and why?

Miss Smith: My favourite animal is a fish because I recently got a new pet fish named Pepito.

Miss McKeegan: My favourite animal is an elephant because they are so clever and have very good memories.

What is your favourite subject to teach?

Miss Smith: I like to teach English because I get to read lots of great stories!

Miss McKeegan: I love to teach Inquiry because it can be so fascinating finding out things about our world.

What grade would you  like to teach when you finish university?

Miss Smith: I have always wanted to teach the younger years, however, I do love grade four too!

Miss McKeegan: I would like to teach the early years as well, but I must say after working with 4KM and 4KJ I may just change my mind.

What school would you like to teach at?

Miss Smith: I would be happy anywhere in Geelong. Leopold is great!

Miss McKeegan: I would like to teach somewhere along the surf coast or the Bellarine Peninsula!

*****

Feel free to leave Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan a comment. They would love to hear from you!

Do you have anything in common with our student teachers?

Have you ever had a student teacher in your class?

35 thoughts on “Guest Post: Meet Our Student Teachers

1. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,
    Great post! It looks like you did a great job making it. And yes I have had a student teacher before. In grade 3. Her name was Miss Smith as well. My dad was a student teacher once but now he’s a sports teacher at Mandama!

Paris

• hi Paris,

i had a student teacher in grade3 as well
      but i cant remember her name but we had lots of fun that year but Mrs,Wilson she left half-way threw the year but then had
      Mr,Seach which is now teaching his old school Moolap primary school.

From Logan.

• Hi Logan,
        Thats a shame that you can’t remember her name but at lease you remembered you even had one! Have you ever had a student teacher in grade 1 or 2??
        Paris

• Hi Paris,

My name is Charlotte and I am from 4KM, My student teacher is Miss McKeegan. We love our student teachers they are so much fun!
      Do you have anything in common with Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan?

Charlotte 😆

• Dear Charllotte,
        Thanks so much for leaving a comment. And I agree with you student teachers are fun.
        I’m not sure if I have something in common, I would have to ask them some different qustions. Such as whats your favourite colour! Do you have something in common with them?
        Paris

2. @ 4KM and 4KJ,

Great job to Ava and Charlotte for making this amazing post.

Yes I have had a couple of student teachers but I have forgot all of their names witch is bad. Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan sound like epic student teachers and I think they are, I wish 4PR could have a student teacher.

The stuff I have in Common with the student teachers are I like art, traveling, traveling everywhere, find things out about the world, reading and if I was a teacher or a student teacher I would like to teach younger years.

Best wishes,
    Alana 4PR

• Hi Alana,

Great comment! That is wonderful that you have similar interests to Miss Mckeegan and I! Perhaps I will see you around sometime – feel free to introduce yourself! Does your class have a blog as well?

Best Regards,
      Miss Smith

• Hi Alana,
      Wow! We have lots of things in common, that’s great!

Do you think you would like to be a teacher when you’re older?

Kind regards,
      Miss Mckeegan

• Hi Alana,
      Miss smith and Miss Mckeegan are awesome student teachers. There the best ever, it’s fun when there helping us us and sometimes doing lessons. What were your old student teachers names?
      Paris

3. Dear Miss Mckeegan,

I love the photo you and Miss Smith put up. It looks rally pritty. thank you for helping me with my work and correcting my work it was rally fun.
    I hope Wenday,Thirday and Firday is as much fun as all the ather days.

From Claudia 🙂
    P.S What is your favourite thing we did in 4km and why.

• Hi Claudia,
      Great to hear from you! I definatly think the rest of the week will be really fun too!

My favourite thing that we have done in 4KM so far would have to be the holiday writing. It was so interesting hearing about what everyone got up to on the holidays.

Kind regards,
      Miss Mckeegan

4. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

I am very excited to have Miss Smith in 4KJ and
    in 4KM Miss McKeegan. They are the best student teachers ever.I want you both to teach at Leopold when you finish Uni.

From Riley x

• Hi Riley,

What a lovely comment! We are really enjoying being at Leopold with you all as well. It is so nice to feel welcome in your classrooms!

Keep up the great work,
      Miss Smith

• Hi Riley,
      That’s a very nice thing to say!

Leopold Primary is such a great school, we are very lucky to be doing our placement here and even more lucky to be in 4KM and 4KJ!

See you tomorrow,
      Miss Mckeegan

• Hi Ange,

Thanks for the great comment. It was very nice for you to leave us on.

By the way my name is Ava I’m a student in 4KJ. I’m in Rileys class.

I’m glad your excited about blogging because I am to.

Great to hear from you,
      Ava :mrgreen:

5. Hi Miss Smith,

You are a great student teacher.I hope you can teach me one day I will really miss you leave our school. 🙂

Best wishes,
    🙂 Eden 🙂

• Eden,

That is wonderful to hear! I’m glad you are enjoying it – I will be back throughout the year as well, so you will be seeing a lot of me! I look forward to the rest of the year!

See you tomorrow,
      Miss Smith

6. Dear Ava,

Great comment!
    I am so excited about our netbook. Don’t you think blogging is so much fun. I can’t belive we get them today. Have a fun day at school.
    Talk soon,

from Jess

• Hi Andrew,

That is wonderful! It was very exciting to see you all using the netbooks today. Did you enjoy that too?

Best regards,
      Miss Smith

Hi, I am Iesha, Miss Jordan’s student from 2012. I have just recently moved to Queensland, and it’s very hot up here. I have eaten lots of ice blocks and been in the pool 24/7.

This is a very good post. Well done to Ava and Charlotte! Does Miss Smith like elephants? Well she will love it in Thailand were they worship elephants. In the shops sell sculptures of elephants, toys of elephants but there is to much to list about elephants in this comment.

I do have something in common with Miss Keegan learning about the world is fascinating. Here is a little song to remember Italy and Sicily. Italy kicked poor old Sicily right out to the mediterranean sea.

Well I must go now! Hopefully I can come down to Victoria soon! (Sorry if some of my spelling is wrong.)

From your old student,
    Iesha 😀 :mrgreen:

• Hi Iesha,
      Thanks for commenting! It must be very hot in queensland!

It was me who loved elephants and miss Smith likes fish! I have also been to Thailand and seen all of the elephants there. It was great!

That’s a funny song you made up, I’m glad you like learning about the world too!

What was your favourite thing that you did in 4Kj last year?

Kid regards,
      MIss Mckeegan

• Dear Mckeegan,

Thank you for replying to me! I must have read wrong, but I don’t blame myself because I did half an hour of reading and 30 grade 7 spelling words!

My favourite thing we did was when we rode down to splash down, had a hour and a half swim, a pizza lunch and an icy pole at school. I was so tired, happy that I finished it and sad that I was leaving to QLD.

From an old student,
        Iesha 😀 :mrgreen:

8. Dear 4KM & 4KJ,

Welcome to the school Ms. Mckeegan and Ms. Smith. I am Mrs. Morris’ old student from 2012 and Ms. Smith if you were in Sweden for 6 months you would be able to speak fluent Swedish and I can speak some Japanese & Korean.

Here is a link to my <a href=”http://brandonll.global2.vic.edu.au

• Hi Brandon,

That’s great that you are learning other languages! I learnt Japanese when I was at school too, however I haven’t practiced for about 5 years so unfortunately I have forgotten a lot of it. I did learn a little Swedish! I taught 4KJ how to say hello “hej hej” (hey hey).

Thanks for sharing your link too. Your blog is looking great. Is it just a new one?

Best Regards,
      Miss Smith

9. Dear 4km and 4kj,

I so miss having you as a teacher. I still remeber our student teacher from last year.
    From your old class mate,
    Heath

10. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

Welcome to the new school year. I know you have some amazing learning adventures ahead for this year as you become part of classes around the world. I see your adventure begins with Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan now in your classroom as well. What an amazing start to the year! 🙂

****************************************

Hello Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan,

It seems you have found yourselves within classes very keen on blogging. I think you are in store for some great adventures. 🙂

Do I have anything in common with the student teachers?

I like art and photography and have enjoyed travelling when the chances came. Others classes have found a favourite destination for me involves volcanoes or thermal areas because of my interest in geology although I’ve enjoyed wandering the streets of Singapore, Paris, London, Wellington, Christchurch and Edinburgh and exploring Australia’s centre and coast from Queensland to South Australia.

Like Miss Smith, I like fish as well as elephants liked by Miss McKeegan although I couldn’t pick a favourite animal. My university studies had a major in zoology (animal studies) so I find animals from insects and spiders up to whales fascinating.

I also enjoy teaching English because of great stories and inquiry because of finding out about our world but my favourite would be what I am working on at the time. I have very many interests and like to keep my eyes and mind open for new experiences.

Both Miss Smith and Miss McKeegan said they were interested in teaching younger children. When I was training, I felt almost the same way. In my case, I had a science degree so I could have taught high school maths and science but I wanted to teach primary school. Being in primary school allowed me to teach subjects I wouldn’t be able to do in high school. In primary, as well as maths and science, I could teach art, craft, music, drama, English, social studies, P.E. and go on interesting excursions. Being in primary also allowed me to introduce primary schools to computing and the internet back in the 80s.

What school would I like to teach at? In my time I taught in schools in Sydney as well as a one-teacher school in western N.S.W. where a town was 100 km and the next door house was 20km distant. Finally I ended up where I am now in a wonderful school where I retired and now help in the Parents and Citizens group. What school? Through blogging and the internet, I now feel a part of schools around the world.

Have I ever had a student teacher in my class?

Both when I was a student in primary and then as a teacher I have had student teachers in my class. Some of my former students even chose to be teachers both here in Australia and in England. It’s great to see keen new teachers coming along and sharing their enthusiasm and ideas,

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Hi Ross Mannell,

My name is Millie and I am in 4KJ for 2013.

Unfortunately Miss Smith and Miss Mckeegan are not in our classroom anymore, but they will be coming back later in the year.

This year in May my family and I are going to Fiji which will be awesome!

Have you been to Fiji before? Did you enjoy it?

From Millie

• Dear Millie,

I am sorry it has taken so very long to reply to your reply. I was checking back on past posts and realised I hadn’t replied.

I have been to Fiji… well sort of. I was flying to Hawaii. The flight had a stopover in Fiji. It was raining and midnight so all I saw of Fiji was the transit lounge at the airport. I was greeted by two Fijian police officers who were saying “Bulla” to everyone arriving.

I suppose that visit doesn’t really count. 🙂

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

@RossMannell

11. Pingback: Term Two Begins! | 4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School

12. Pingback: New Inquiry Topic: Smooth Moves | 4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School

13. Pingback: Term Four Begins | 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School