Our Last Day Of 2012

Today is our final school day for 2012. 4KM and 4KJ have had a fantastic year together, and Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are so proud of the students’ efforts and achievements.

The 4KM and 4KJ blog has been a big part of our class this year. Since we started this blog at the beginning of the year…

• We have published 99 posts.
  • We received over 4,000 comments.
  • We have had more than 32,000 visitors.

There have been so many highlights in 4KM and 4KJ this year. The students have learnt so much and improved their skills in all areas. We would love our students to complete this poll to tell us which special event they enjoyed the most about the school year!

Here is a special message from Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan.

Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are looking forward to teaching Grade Four again in 2013 with 54 different students! There will be some familiar faces from our Grade Two year in 2011 and some great new students too. We know we’ll have another fantastic year!

********************

We have all enjoyed connecting and collaborating with our fabulous blogging buddies from around the world. One of our closest friends is Mr Avery and his sixth grade class in Massachusetts, USA. They recorded a special post this week, titled 12 Days of Blogging. Check it out here and listen out for the mention we receive!

********************

4KM and 4KJ wish all of our blogging buddies from across the world a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday break!

4KM and 4KJ return to school on Wednesday 30th January, 2013.

Please leave us a comment on our final post for 2012!

For our current students:

What was your favourite post on the 4KM and 4KJ blog this year?

What did you learn or enjoy in 2012?

For our new 2013 students:

What are you looking forward to in 4KM and 4KJ next year?

What is your favourite subject at school and why?

41 thoughts on “Our Last Day Of 2012

We’re so sad and yet happy all at the same time. We’re sad that you’re done for the year and we won’t have any opportunity to work with you anymore. However, we’re so happy for you that you get a little break and get to move up to the next grade!

We’re so very happy and extremely lucky to have worked with you this year. We had so much fun with the Tale Trail and the Monster Project. We even loved being able to include you in our 12 Days of Blogging video!

We hope you have a wonderful break. Please come visit us next year. We’d love to hear about how you’re doing!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery’s Class

• Dear Mr Avery,

Thank you for the wonderful comment on the class blog! You and your class are such fantastic bloggers.

I loved doing the two projects with you! They were extremely fun.

I will still be blogging even though my teacher next year will not.

Your Blogging Buddy,

Georgia ๐Ÿ˜†

What an amazing year this has been for all of you! Your posts, both class and individual, have never ceased to interest me when I have been able to visit.

What statistics you have! It’s a huge achievement for your class to have published 99 posts, received over 4,000 comments and have had 32,000 visitors.

You may be moving on to Year 5 but this means you are taking your next step in your lifelong learning journey, a journey I’m still travelling. I wonder what great things await you in 2013? Perhaps I will have a chance to see some of your posts.

I must say you have a good collection of highlights. I loved reading your bike ed. posts because it brought back memories of the bike ed. I ran at one school. Etihad looked brilliant and your Splashdown excursion looked fun but I like the recognition you received in the 2012 Edublog awards. The awards are becoming very competitive so been shortlisted or making the top 5 is brilliant.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday break. I know my town is already increasing in size as holiday makers are arriving. Just after Christmas Day, there is a big boom in tourists. The streets are crowded and we have our only traffic jams for the year as people arrive mainly from other places in NSW, Victoria, ACT and Queensland (plus some from the other states too).

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Dear Mr Mannell,

Thank you for the wonderful comment on our blog. You must of put alot of effort in this post. How long did it take you to do that wonderful comment?

I know right, it is amazing that we have that many comments, posts and visitors.

We do have a good collection of highlights through out the year. I voted for comming third edublog award nominations.

I will have a great holidays and I hope you have a nice day,
      Emily

• Dear Emily,

School has broken up for yet another year. I’m catching up on some commenting so I hope you have been checking on your class blog.

Surprisingly, my longer comments don’t always take much longer than shorter comments. When I write, the ideas can flow quickly. It’s my extended comments that can take a long time because I often add photos, graphics or video clips. I think the longest I have taken on one extended comment was four to five hours because I needed to create a video clip for them.

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and looking forward to the learning adventures ahead of you in 2013 when you are in Year 5. ๐Ÿ™‚

@RossMannell

3. Dear Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris,

What a kind message to the 4KM and 4KJ students! Thankyou so much! I have really enjoyed being in your grades because you make learning so much fun.

I am sad that this brilliant year has come to an end, I sure will miss Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris, 4KM and 4KJ.

For the poll, I voted coming 3rd in the Edublog awards. I thought it was a real honour. Good luck for the next year!

I learnt way too many things to list in 2012, and enjoyed so many things!
    1. Having fabulous teachers!
    2. Bike Ed
    3. Maldon Camp

I actually don’t have a favourite post, they all entertained me so much. I loved reading the 4KM and 4KJ blog when I’d get home from school, before I’d go to tennis.

My plans for the holidays are try to play tennis everyday. (it may sound impossible but anythings possible in my world!) I’m also going to the Australian open, twice! Instead of having a birthday party, I get to go an extra time to the Aussie Open, and it’s at night!

– Liv
    ๐Ÿ˜†

4. Hi 4KM and 4KJ
    I am so sad that the school year is over it didn’t fell like it had been 11 weeks I will miss school over the holidays.
    I do not now what I am doing for the holidays but I do now that I am going away for the holidays but it’s a suprise so we don’t now were we are going.
    My faverat post would have to be the Monster Global Project with Mr Avery’s class it was a great way to get our minds pumping by trying to drow the monsters to match the writing the sheet of paper.
    It is sad that we mite not see miss Jordon and mrs Morris for a verry long time or just for the holidays that’s a long time not to see Miss Jordon and Mrs Morris
    From you’re old student KAYLEY!

• Hi Kayley,

Thank you for commenting on the last post for 2012.

I’m going to miss you next year. You’ve been such a help to me this year.

I loved the Monster Project too. It was a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas,
      Mrs Morris

5. Dear Miss Jordan & Mrs Morris,

I am looking forward to going to my Nan’s house on the holidays, she lives three hours away in Portland. Every summer holidays in Portland there is a festival for Christmas, there is a ride called the zipper that I am never going on again!!

Next year I am looking forward to bike ed camp, ice-scating and riding down to splash down, except the pizza.

In grade three I liked the excursion to Science Works the most, the section in Science Works I liked the most was the lights section.

My favourite subject in school is writing and I am not sure why I like it,I guess it’s just fun.

Sincerely,
    Your new student,
    Haille.

• Hi Haille,

How great to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your new class blog.

The festival in Portland sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Like you, I look forward to spending Christmas with family.

You’re going to love the camp next year. It was so much fun.

I can tell you like writing by this quality comment. You are a role model for other 4KM students already. I like writing too, so we have something in common.

Best wishes from your new teacher,
      Mrs Morris

6. Hi Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan,

I love this post!

I can’t believe I’m in Miss Jordan’s class again. I remember I was in your class in prep, I enjoyed it so much I only had one day off because that was when I was sick but I still wanted to come to school.

Last year when I was in grade 2 I had Mrs Morris that was when I started to blog it was so fun! I left a lot of comments on the 2KM and 2KJ class blog that I even earn’t my own blog. If you want to check it out here is the link: http://avasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

In 4KM and 4KJ next year I am looking forward to blogging of course, join up writing, hopefully getting my pen licence, being with two great teachers Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris, being with lots of new students, making new friends, some of the fun work and lots lots more.

I’m not quite sure if I have any plans for the holidays with my family or friends except just spending some time together for christmas with some family and friends.

I love the post again!

Best wishes,
    Ava :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ˜›

• Hi Ava,

What a fabulous comment, you certainly remember how to write a quality comment! ๐Ÿ™‚

We had a great time in Prep together, and I am so happy to have you in my class again. I know everyone in 4KJ and 4KM will have a great year.

It will be terrific to have lots of students who are already familiar with blogging and I know you will be able to help everyone else get the hang of it. As well as blogging, we’ll do plenty of other fun activities.

What a beautiful day it is today, the perfect start to the holidays!

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, Ava! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your new teacher,
      Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for the terrific reply.

Thank you and I still do remember how to write a quality comment because after school when you had your other grade I kept trying to leave a comment but my computer wouldn’t let me, but now it does.

I am probably the happiest kid in school because I have you again as my teacher. When I was going into prep from kindergarten and my mum told me who my teacher is you. I was so happy I nearly cried but, tears of joy. ๐Ÿ˜›

Yay! I would love to help out with blogging. Are you going to hand out student blogs?

Have a merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

Best wishes,
        Ava

• Dear Ava,

Oh, that is a very big compliment, Ava. Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m glad your computer is working properly now, I know you’ll be a terrific blogger in 2013. Yes, we will be choosing students to earn their own blogs next year. How exciting!

Merry Christmas, enjoy the celebrations!

Your new (and old!) teacher,
          Miss Jordan

7. Hi it is Claudia

On the holidays I am going to see my family and we are going to Melbourne. To celebrate Christmas.

My favourite subject at school is P.E because it is fun and it helps your brain work.

From Claudia (:

• Hi Claudia,

Great to hear from you again. I hope you have a nice time in Melbourne with your family.

I’m glad to hear you like P.E. – it’s good to keep fit.

Your new teacher,
      Mrs Morris

8. Dear Mrs Morris,

I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Hope you get plenty of presents and have a restful holiday.

Have to say that this year has been a wonderful year even though I wasn’t in your grade. I really enjoyed all the wonderful things and activity all the grade fours did this year. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Can’t wait for grade five. I know this is going to be a wonderful year too.

Merry Christmas from your former student,

BB

• Hi BB,

How great to hear from you. I would have loved to have you in my class this year but it was still good to keep in touch. I look forward to following your blog again in 2013. I know you’re going to have a great time in grade five. You are growing up quickly!

I’d like to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas too! It’s nice to be on holidays after a busy year. Stay safe and have fun.

Your former teacher,
      Mrs Morris

9. Dear Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris,

Well next year I am looking forward to bike ed and going to Moldon.

On the 27th of December I am going to my uncle’s house for a christmas party. I am looking forward to making the lemon cheese cake for the party! Hopefully I don’t muck up again like I did last time.Oops!

My favourite subject at school is writing because I like writing storys. I also like Maths because I like challenging myself and it helps me learn more.

I am not sure what my plans are but I will soon find out.

Meg
    Meg

• Dear Meg,

Thank you for commenting on our blog, I am so impressed! ๐Ÿ™‚

I know you will enjoy Bike Ed and you will love the Maldon camp. This year was the first time I’d been on the camp and I’m looking forward to going with you and the other new students in 4KJ next year.

I used to always love writing stories when I was at school too. It is fun to use your imagination. I know that you will learn lots of new maths skills in Grade Four.

Lemon cheesecake, yum! I know everyone will enjoy eating that. Have a wonderful time at your uncle’s Christmas party and I look forward to seeing you in 2013!

Your new teacher,
      Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss jordan,

The cheese cake that i made was great everyone that came to the party loved it.

i had 2 bowls of it it was super yummy.

it is fun to use your imagination on stories.

From MEG

10. Dear Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan,

I would like wish you both hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.

It been such another wonderful year for you and your grade fours. I know that next year will be just as wonderful.

I, have to say that I am glad it is holiday time as it really is a wonderful time of the year.

Now take care and have a well deserved rest.

Cheers,
    AA ๐Ÿ™‚

• Dear AA,

Thanks for visiting our class blog and leaving a marvellous comment!

I hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS too. There’s only one sleep left. I am so excited. I can’t usually sleep well on Christmas Eve because I get so excited.

Holiday time is great for everyone, no getting up early!

Skye

11. Hi Miss Morris it is Claudia again,
    It is Christmas Eve tomorrow so I hope you have a fantastic time with your family.
    Today we put up our christmas tree and Haille came over to help put up the decorations. We do it today because we have a real tree and if we put it up on the first of December it will be dead by Christmas.

do you put a Christmas tree up and if you do do you get a real Christmas tree ore a fake one?

From Claudia:)

• Hi Claudia,

Thanks for writing back to me. I hope you had a lovely Christmas! I sure did.

It must have been fun putting up Christmas decorations with Haille. Real trees are lovely and they smell nice too. We have a fake tree.

Your teacher,
      Mrs Morris

• To Claudia & Mrs Morris,

It was pretty fun putting up the tree decorations with Claudia, except you had to be careful with some because they were glass.

Haille.

What a lovley post Miss Jordan!

I have a little speech to say online. Miss Jardan Mrs Morris, you have been lovley teachers this year and I did love having you two as theachers. I will never forget Leopold Primary School. For people who don’t know what I’m talking about – I am moving to Brisbane. :(.On the plus side though at least we are getting a pool. Oh and how could I forget, Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

My favourite post this year was the three little pigs reader’s thertre post. The poor old wolf had a rough time in that story. (Just so you know, I will keep commenting on your blogs.) For the new grade fours good luck on the school year. You will enjoy having Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan as a teacher.

Well I must go now. Everyone, have a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday!

From your horse and pony loving student,
    Iesha ๐Ÿ˜€ :mrgreen:

• Hi Iesha!

You are correct! What a fabulous post to end the school year.

Yes they are the most loveliest teachers I could have and I am very thankful for having them this year. ๐Ÿ™‚

As some kids in 4KM might know that I went to Lorne on the second last day of school so I didn’t get to give anyone a proper good-bye. ๐Ÿ™

I never knew you were moving to Brisbane! I hope you had a great year with us and I hope you have had lots of fun with all the excursions and activities we did this year.

My favourite post was when Mrs Morris won the Outstanding Primary Teacher Award. Everyone was quite mad when they heard that! ๐Ÿ™‚

I learnt how to blog and I got my own blog this year and I am learning everyday with it! Thank you Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan!

I don’t have plans on the holidays except for going toAdventure Park and the pool.

From your friend,

Maha :mrgreen:

• Dear Maha,

Thank you for replying to me. What a coincidence, because I’m going to Adventure park to!

Oh, before I forget, I am not happy about the move to Brisbane. I want to stay here and be happy, not be sad up in Brisbane. The worst part about it is we are driving up to Brisbane. 2 hole days of driving. I thought 3 hours was bad.

From your class mate in 4KJ,
        Iesha ๐Ÿ˜€ :mrgreen:

• Dear Iesha,

Good luck with the move to Brisbane! It is a lovely city. It will be a long drive, but I’m sure you’ll have lots of stops along the way. It’s the start of a new adventure for you!

I think that once you arrive and see your new house you will start to enjoy it. I know you’ll fit right in and make lots of friends at your new school!

Keep in touch through blogging!

Best wishes,
          Miss Jordan

13. @ Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan,

I am glad I’m in your grade next year.

For Christmas I got a laptop because I am not going to be in your grade for the whole year and I will not be doing the notebook program.

Still to come in my holiday is my birthday!

I am looking forward to blogging and skyping next year.

Hopefully I will go online more often when I’m in your class.

Best wishes,
    Amelie

• Hi Amelie,

I am so happy to have you in my class again too! You were an excellent student and I am looking forward to teaching you, even if it is only for one term.

You were very lucky to get a laptop! I’m sure you’ll love using it.

It must be exciting to celebrate Christmas and your birthday in the holidays.

Happy Christmas,
      Mrs Morris

14. Pingback: “Write to Learn: How Blogging Can Inspire” « Global #gtchat Powered by TAGT

I am looking forward to being in Miss Jordan’s class.In the holidays i am looking forward to see my framliy at christmas and though out the holidays. I think that the blogging is a great idea and i am looking forward to joining in. I am very excited for all the grade four’s next year about 1:1 netbook program. I am also looking forward to Bike Ed and going to splash down and going on camp. I had a great christmas.I hope you did to.
    Happy new year to all.

From Jessica

• Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for your fabulous comment, I know you are going to enjoy blogging this year!

It will be a wonderful year in Grade Four with the Netbook Program and Bike Ed. I am looking forward to getting to know you and the other 4KJ and 4KM students better!

Keep enjoying your holidays, Jessica. Happy New Year! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your new teacher,
      Miss Jordan

16. Dear 4km and 4kj,
    Next year I will look forward to the ice skating at Etihad stadium.

My favourite subject at school is art becasue we make really fun and exciting things!

On the holidays I am going to the Geelong Library and we are going to All 4 kids!

Sophie

• Hi Kyle,

It’s great to see you commenting on the blog! I know you’re going to have a great time in 4KM in 2013.

Your teacher,
      Mrs Morris

17. Nice work Year 4s! I’m a teacher from Queensland and am teaching Year 4 for the first time in 2013. I am thinking your blog page would be fantastic to show my kids. I wonder, will you keep blogging in Year 5?
    All the best,
    Ms Wundersitz

18. Dear miss morris and miss jorden,

I had a great chrismas with my family at my aunty’s house.

I’m looking forward to P.E,reading,writing & maths like always.

Anthony

• Dear Anthony,

I’m glad you enjoyed your Christmas, it’s always a fun time of the year.

I do remember that you always loved Maths lessons in Grade Two and I know you’ll learn a lot in Grade Four. I am looking forward to teaching you again this year!

See you next week,

Miss Jordan