Edublog Award Excitement

Today was an exciting day for 4KM and 4KJ  as it was the Awards Ceremony for the worldwide Edublog Awards.

We were honoured to be shortlisted out of hundreds of nominations in many different categories.

Many students stayed in at recess and watched the ceremony on the interactive whiteboard at 11am. There were some fabulous results for 4KM, 4KJ and their friends. The top five in each category were recognised.

Best Class Blog

We came THIRD out of the shortlisted 34 blogs!  Mrs Yollis’ Classroom Blog came FIRST. Congratulations to our blogging buddies.

This is the second year we have placed in the top five. What an honour.

Best Teacher Blog

Mrs Morris was thrilled to come FOURTH in this competitive category. This is the first time her teacher blog has ranked in the top five.

Other Great Results

Many of our blogging buddies also experienced excellent results to recognise the fabulous work that they do with educational blogging.

Mrs Yollis and her class came SECOND in the Most Influential Blog Post category and her former student, Jaden, WON two categories.

Mr Avery and his class came THIRD in the Best Use of Media/Video category.

Mrs Hembree and her students came THIRD  in the Best Librarian/Library category.

Ross Mannell, one of our favourite commenters, came THIRD in the Best Individual Tweeter category.

See all the results here!

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

***

All of our blogging friends, teachers, students and classes are winners in our eyes.

This year, 4KM and 4KJ have discovered how blogging can help us improve and grow in so many ways. While awards are nice, we all know that personal improvement is what counts. This is something we have definitely won!

Thank you to everyone who voted for us!

What has been your blogging highlight this year?

Who did you vote for in the Edublog Awards?

23 thoughts on “Edublog Award Excitement

1. WOW 4KM and 4KJ!!!

What an achievement! Well done on all your nominations and successes. I was delighted to see you and your teacher’s work recognised. We put in lots of votes for both, and they are well deserved accolades. I also voted for Room with a View, Ross Mannell, and Mrs Yollis’ Influential Posts.

Although we didn’t get a chance to watch the Edublog awards live, we do have a highlight for our blogging year… being nominated for the award! We are so honoured to be on a list with such amazing bloggers.

We are also very excited at Pt Lonsdale Primary School, as one of our Grade 3 students came runner up in the Best Student Blog category! MEAOW@ Josie’s Blog.

Thanks again for nominating us and letting us share in this amazing award ceremony. Hope you all enjoy your second to last Friday of school!
    Mrs Murphy
    Learning Legends @ Lonnie

• Dear Mrs Murphy,

What a quality comment! It was fun for 4KM and 4KJ to watch the awards and see familiar names and posts! We also voted for lots of other blogs.

Yes, being nominated must be a highlight! Not only getting an award s great, but being competitive against other bloggers is fun!

Josie must be honored to be a runner up for the student blog! I know I would be!

It was our ( 4KM and 4KJ ) pleasure to nominate such a great blog and great bloggers! Yes, we all will enjoy our penultimate Friday! 🙂

Maha :mrgreen:

2. Dear 4Km and 4KJ
    Congratulations on the well-deserved placings in the various edublogs awards. I’m excited that our buddies did so well and I’m glad my votes helped you all!

It’s great to see the growth in blogging skills in each new class each year, but my favourite part of blogging is the connections that are made.

Enjoy the rest of your school year, and have a happy holiday.

warm wishes
    Mrs Mckenzie from New Zealand

• Dear Mrs Mckenzie,

Thanks for the lovely comment.

Hi, I’m Trent from 4KM and I am honed to have our class blog come 3rd.

I think through blogging my typing skills have grown much more. My favourite part of blogging is the global collaboration and global connections.

You also have a good brake and a merry Christmas.

From your new blogging buddy.

Sincerely, Trent

3. Congratulations to you all.
    I’m very impressed as I know only too well how much time and commitment is required to maintain a blog. It must be especially difficult to maintain one of such a high standard.
    Well done to all the students who were short listed , especially my ex students Skye and BB.
    Have a very happy Chritmas everyone.

From Mrs de Vries

• Dear Mrs de Vries,

My name is Emily and I am in 4KM and 4KJ.

What a fabulous comment. It is really good to hear from you.

I know, it is an excitement to get in the top five. Last year 2KM and 2KJ got fifth and this year we got third this year.

Yes, well done to Bianca and Skye. Also well done to the other people short listed.

Emily

Yay! We got in the top five for Best Class blog! I think it’s a big achievement as the Edublog awards are held worldwide.

Congratulations to all other winners and runner ups. I was thrilled to see some of our other blogging buddies do well too. Well done to Mrs Morris for making the top five with her blog.

I voted for 4KM and 4KJ in best class blog. For best student blog I voted Skye’s Super blog. It was hard to decide for student blog as there are many great ones that were shortlisted.

This year, I have really enjoyed blogging. Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris make it so fun. I loved the Tale Trail and the Monster Global Project with Mr Avery.

– Liv 😆

5. Dear 4KM and 4JK,

Congratulations wow getting into the top five this is just awesome. 🙂

Hopefully that will mean a step closer to the top which I do believe will happen.

I have to agree with Mrs de Vries. I am so impressed with just how much your blog grows from year to year.

Congratulations to all the winners other students which were shortlisted this is a great achievement. Your hard work and commitment to your blogs is outstanding.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cheers,
    AA

• Dear AA,

Thank you for the comment.

Congratulations to BB also for getting short listed. BB also came into our class to hear the Award Nominations. It was so exciting when I saw we got into the top 5 and more exciting When Mrs Morris told us ” We actually came third in the top five”.

Sincerely,
      Emily

Congratulations on getting third in the blogging awards it is fantastic. Mrs Morris is to be congratulated also on getting in the top five. Georgia has been enjoying blogging again. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

from Lisa (Georgia’s mum)

7. Dear Lisa,

Hi I am Trent from 4KM.

Thanks for the comment. I am honed to have our class blog come 3rd.

We all have been congratulating Mrs Morris.

As Georgia has enjoyed blogging….. so has the rest of 4KM and 4KJ.

I hope to hear from you again.

From your new blogging buddy, Trent.

P.S What do you like about blogging.

I can’t believe we made it to the top five.
    Congrats to Mrs Yollis’s blog for winning and a congrats to Mrs Morris for coming fourth by 2 points.

from Lachie

First of all WOW! I can’t belive that we came third in the best class blog 😀 I voted for 4KM and 4KJ’s blog.
    Also Congratulations to Bronte, BB, Jarrod, Gerogia, Dana and Skye for being shortlisted, one more thing Congratulations to Mr Avery, Mrs Yollis Mrs Hembre Jaden and Ross Manllel.

Happy commenting

from

Shakira and Liv Y :mrgreen:

• Dear Shakira and Liv,

I can’t believe it ether I was voting on every electronic in the house all together I probably voted 10 times.I was surprised that both of your blogs didn’t make it in.

from your mate Lachie 😆

10. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    Oh yah! We were in the top 5 too bad we didn’t win but congratulations Mrs Yollis’ class for wining best class blog and we came 3rd that’s alright, right? Can you tell me?
    Well I wish all the bloggers good luck next year! 😆
    Patrick 🙄 :mrgreen:

• Dear Pat,

what a nice comment you’ve done.I’m glad we made it in 😆 but I’m sad we didn’t win but congrats to Mrs Yollis 🙁

from your mate Lachie :happy:

Congratulations to all in this years Edublog Awards. To be nominated itself is an honour. As we have seen such a growth in educational blogging this year, Taking out a first place is any award if becoming much more competitive. I added votes to the tally in the hope some of my favourites would make it through.

My greatest highlight this year comes from Mrs. Yollis and your teachers thinking to nominate me for the Best Individual Tweeter award because of my use of Twitter to locate blogs wanting comments. I was honoured they thought of me and surprised I was shortlisted then came third.

With so much having happened throughout 2012, I wonder what lies ahead for 2013? Our adventures will continue.

I hope you all have a wonderful break. a Christmas fullof fun with family and friends, and a happy new year full of new opportunities.
    🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

Congratulations! It was wonderful to hear how well you all did. It’s not a surprise you all were in the top five! Thanks for setting such a fabulous example for others to learn from.

Kind regards,
    Tracy Watanabe

• Dear Mrs Watanabe,

How lovely to hear from you. Congratulations too on your nominations. The work you do to help other teachers is exceptional. You should be very proud!

Your friend,
      Mrs M☀rris

13. Pingback: Going 1:1 – Any Advice? | Integrating Technology in the Primary Classroom

A big congratulations to you all for becoming a finalist! We have loved following your learning all year and will miss you as you move on to the next grade. Hopefully you will continue to leave comments, and we can carry on with our learning community! I hope so!

Well done, Mrs. Morris for being a finalist for Best Teacher Blog! The work you put into maintaining a class blog is exceptional, but to then take time to teach teachers and help others is so appreciated! I really admire your dedication and have learned a tremendous amount from you. You are the model of a global teacher!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

• Dear Mrs. Y♥llis,

How great to hear from you. Everyone in 4KM and 4KJ was proud of your amazing achievements too! It was wonderful to see our friends declared winners.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my teacher blog. I do enjoy hearing from teachers who say my blog has helped them use technology in their classroom. It’s very rewarding.

Your friend,
      Mrs M☀rris

15. Pingback: A New Blog Design for a New Year | Primary Tech