Readers’ Theatre Performances

This term the grade fours have been learning about making healthy choices. We have learnt about good nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices we can make to keep our bodies in tip top condition.

To celebrate and demonstrate our understanding of making healthy choices, the students scripted and performed readers’ theatre acts.

Here are two groups performing their scripts.

The Quinns

Augustus Goes Healthy

Have you ever performed readers’ theatre?

What have you learnt about making healthy choices?

28 thoughts on “Readers’ Theatre Performances

What a terrific post!

I really enjoyed listening to the Readers Theatres plays. They were all amazing but I really liked Augustus goes healthy, The Quinns and Tripping helps.

This is the second time I have performed reader’s theatre. I performed it this time, with a big crowd, all the Grade 4’s. And then I was also lucky enough to do another Readers Theatre, posted on the blog.

This term, I have learnt a lot about healthy choices. I learnt, ‘Swap it, don’t stop it’. For example, swap inside for outside. Swap 3 scoops of ice cream for 1 scoop of ice cream.

I also learnt about how many serves of foods you should eat per day. I learnt that 1 serve of fruit per day is enough. A serve of fruit would be 22 grapes.

– Liv
    😆

What a post.

I thought those to reader theaters scripts were cool.

I learnt lots about swap it don’t stop it. Swap 3 big macs a night to 1 big mac a fort night.

I thank The teachers who taught me the skills of healthy choices.

From, Trent

• Dear Trent,

Thanks for the awesome comment!

I thought all the readers theatres plays were great too. I really enjoyed Tripping Helps.

I learnt about swap it don’t stop it too, I think that the swap it don’t stop it is a great way to remember to be healthy and stay fit.

I too thank the teachers who taught me about healthy choices.

Liv
      😆

What a wonderful post!

I think the readers’ theatre scrips are really good! Did you all feel nervous before you did the play in front of all the grade fours?

No, I havn’t preformed a readers’ theatre scrip before.(That was before this post.)If you have what was it about?

Iesha 😀 :mrgreen:

• Dear Iesha,

I agree, what a fabulous post!

I think the same, all of 4KM and 4KJ did a wonderful job with the readers theatres scripts. They were so entertaining and detailed.

I was really nervous before standing up to all the grade fours, but when I finished I felt really good.

Did you perform the readers theatre script with Sophie in the middle room? I have now done three readers theatres. Two on the blog and then the one in the middle room with Sophie.

Your friend,
      liv
      😆

I love the post,the readers theatre is awesome. My favourite plays were THE QUINS & LAZINESS i thaught they all perfect enthusiasm and courage.

with my best wishes and my most kind respect,
    sincerely,
    Joshua

• Dear Josh,

I love the post too just like you.I also like the readers theatre too.I loved the Quinns.

The funniest part of the Quinns was Kealee and Brandon’s english accsent it was cool.

I reckon all of the performecs were great.

from your mate Lachie.

What great performances from those groups, they put an amazing mount of effort into those readers theatre.

Well in reading groups we performed readers theatre with Sophie and Maha and we also performed it in front of all the grade fours.

I really enjoyed Doing it though I think everybody did a great job and gave it all they had. Well done to everyone!

This term I have learnt a lot of things about healthy choices and one of the main things is Swap it don’t Stop it!

I think lots of people are now using that method and that is fabulous.

-Jess

6. To 4km and 4kj,

I really enjoyed the reader’s theatre scripts and I think they were great. I wasn’t at school Monday or today because I really hurt my elbow and it’s in a sling. I fell eight foot of my scooter and landed on my elbow and knees.

Sorry got to go,
    From Hayden.

• Dear Haydos,

what a great comment you’ve done.I enjoyed the readers theatre as well.I know how you feel when I was 6 I was in Bright riding my bike then I fall so bad onto the road I somehow broke my arm because I landed on it like it was a trampoline.

from your mate Lachie

• To Lachie,
        Thanks for replying to me I know you are my mate and that must of hurt when you fell off.

Here are some questions,
        What bike do you have,
        How many broken bones have you had.

Your mate,
        Haydos.

• Dear Hayden,

What a great comment you did.Here are my answers I have two bikes but the one I fell on was my bmx bike.

I have broken three bones.One was my leg when I was playing Hockey and when I jammed my arm in the car door.

And when I fell on my bike in Queensland.

from your buddy Lachie

Wow! I really enjoyed reading the post and watching the Readers’ Theater .

I enjoyed The Quins how they used accents and they spoke loud and clearly.

In Angus Goes Healthy I really liked all of it. I think they spoke clearly, fluently and the idea of the script was perfect.

Emily

• Dear Emily,

I liked all of the performances which was your favorite.

As I said all of them did a great job the won that court my eye was Trent’s group.
      I liked Trent’s group because they all talked fluently.

from your class mate Lachie

I think everyone did a great job at there performances.
    I liked the way in The Quins how Kealee and Brandon used an English voice.

I liked how in Augustus Goes Healthy, how they used lots of expression and I liked the script.

Keep up the great acting,
    Leah

• Dear Leah,

What a fabulous comment you left!

I thought, too, everyone did a fantastic job at the Reader’s Theatre plays. They all were great and had so much time and effort put into them.

I thought that was so cool! How they used and English accent. It truly was amazing.

Clancy and Cam did speak really clearly. Some of my other favourites were Tripping Helps and The Quinns.

Your friend,
      Liv
      😆

• Dear Leah,

what a great comment I also think everyone did a great job.I like the way how Kealee and Brandon both did a English accent which I thought was great.

In Augustus Goes Healthy my favorite part was when Augustus goes healthy .

from your class mate Lachie

What a great post!

I think that the Reader’s Theatre is fun and a great way to cooperate with others.

Everyone’s Reader’s Theatre’s were great, and i can’t wait to see 4JL and 4PR’s work! Some of my favourites were The Quinns, Augustus Goes Healthy, Tripping Helps and The Mystery of the Menu. of course I loved everyone’s though.

Keep up the great work everyone,
    Millie 🙂

• @ Millie,

Great comment!

I agree, Readers Theatres is a fantastic way to work with others well.

I thought everyone’s Readers Theatres were fabulous. They all had so much time and effort put into them.

I can’t wait to see 4JL’s and 4PR’s work too. I’m sure they’ll be good too.

Some of my favourites were, your groups, it was amazing! Tripping helps, Augustus goes healthy and lots more!

Your friend,
      Liv
      😆

What a great post!

I really enjoyed writing the readers’ theatre scripts!

The people in my group were Clancy, Georgia, Cam and myself. Our script was called, ‘Augustus Goes Healthy’.

It was about a boy named Augustus that goes to a new school and meets a boy named Jackson. Augustus was a very unhealthy boy so Jackson helps him. Scroll up to watch it.

Everyone did a really good job on their scripts and I am sure 4PR and 4LJ will do the same today.

From your friend,
    Sophie

• Dear Soph,

What a quality comment from a quality blogger!

I too, really enjoyed writing and listening to all the Readers’ Theatres. Everyone did a fantastic job and I look forward to hopefully doing another soon.

I really loved your group’s play. You all had loud and clear voices on the day and on the blog. Your story line was amazing too!

In my group, there was me, Tyler who was Bob, Ehberneese who was Micky and Bronte who was Sasha.

Our script was about Bob’s birthday party, they made unhealthy pizzas when Bob wanted healthy pizzas.

Your friend,
      Liv
      😆

What a awesome post Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan have done.

My favorite one was all of them.But the one that caught
    my eye.Was Trent’s group congrats to Trent and his group my favorite part was when Trent was like $82. I got that in my pocket.

from your mate Lachie LOL

I love this post about our readers’ theaters and thank you for picking me for the video.

Yes i love them all they all blew my mind from comedian like performances!

It is really nice to see so meany fantastic comments on this great post by Mrs Morris.

Yes I have once done a readers performance in front of the grade with Mr Kline.

Well I’ll see you all soon,

Clancy / Clazza

😉 :mrgreen:

I was impressed by the scripts and the clarity of your performances.

Ethan, Kealee, Georgia and Brandon,

It seems as though the children in your script had a dad who was lazy and ate the wrong foods. Hamburgers and lemonade might be treat foods but this dad seems to think they’re every meal foods.
    Have you ever heard the expression, “You are what you eat.”
    It doesn’t mean we become an apple if we eat one, it simply means healthy choices make for healthy bodies. It worked when the dad unknowingly ate a salad sandwich. He found he had energy and was now fun for the children. Well done!

Cam, Clancy, Georgia and Sophie,

I think I know your inspiration for Augustus. He was a character in “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” who had a major problem with gluttony. I think he is a great character to include in your script.
    Unlike the Augustus in the Willy Wonka story, you Augustus had Jackson as a friend. Being a good friend, Jackson taught Augustus about healthy choices. Well done!

I also read some of the other scripts…

Millie, Paige and Kadyn, – I think you have identified the key to avoiding type 2 diabetes, a healthy diet and exercise. Bella seems to end up making the healthy choices.
    Max, Skye and Hannah – It can be hard making healthy choices when others in your family don’t. Victoria wanted a healthy choice but not Brad.
    Maha, James, Brodey and Emily – While McDonalds might be a sometimes treat food, a healthy choice restaurant can be an everyday choice.
    Liv, Tyler, Bronte and Ehb – I like to have a vegetarian pizza sometimes but I have vegies every day. They are healthy choice foods.
    Lilli, Hayden, Becky and Riley – I’m glad to read Blake and Oliver chose healthy options at the end. Fresh air, good food and exercise are important.
    Libby, Leah, Josh and Patrick – It is sad too many foods we have come to like can have too much sugar, fats and/or salts. We need to break the habit of too much treat food.
    Lachlan, Ronan, Liv Y. and Brooklyn – A diet of lollies wouldn’t be healthy. There would be too much sugar and not enough essential nutrients for a healthy body.
    Lachie, Loren, Travis and Luka – What an unusual villain. He chose to steal healthy food.
    Jess, Indi and Heath – Your story has some truth in it. McDonalds has been trying to offer healthier choices in their menu. I till think they aren’t everyday foods.
    Iesha, Shakira, Tom and Ben – It is sad when people don’t know even our pets need healthy foods for healthy bodies.
    Eli, Maddy and Kalyley – Sometimes we can need friends to let us know if we are doing something wrong.
    Adam, Will, Trent and Chloe – $82 for one person… that’s a lot of Macs. It seems Yoshiwoowoo had to hear a healthy choices rap to convince hi to change his ways.

Well done, everyone. I spent more time on this post than I thought I would. This shows how interesting your scripts were. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Dear Ross,

It’s Liv and Georgia from 4KJ.

Thankyou for your outstanding comment! It was very long and detailed.

You are so kind to comment on every script. We really enjoyed all the comments you left about each script.

We have heard of the saying, you are what you eat. When Liv was small, she thought it meant you actually turned into an actual apple! But that thought is over now.

We also discovered that Sophie, Cam, Clancy and Georgia used the character, Augustus. Which we thought was a good example. As Augustus needs to get a little healthier.

We also really loved how Millie, Paige and Kadyn had the idea of saying someone had Type 2 diabetes. It makes an important reminder to eat healthy and stay fit.

We loved Big Mamma, it was so entertaining! It was a fabulous idea as it was convincing someone to eat healthy.

Maha’s, James, Brodey and Emily’s were amazing. That McDonalds was next to them and they had like a mini fight, but they won in the end.

You’re right, they all were truly amazing, we hope to do it again soon!

Your blogging buddies,
      Liv and Georgia (4KJ)
      🙂

• Dear Ross Mannell,

Thank you for leaving a very long and thoughtful comment.

It was really fun making the scripts, performing them and being the audience.

Ethan,Kealee, Georgia and Brandon
      In The play, the Dad (Ethan) was really unhealthy and was really mean. Ethan,Kealee,Georgia and Brandon wanted to show in their play that healthy choices can change a persons life a lot!

Cam, Clancy, Georgia and Sophie,
      I agree, Augustus is a great character to have. Since in the movie he is overweight, it is fun to have the same character from a movie.

Wow, you have replied to so many scripts we can hardly keep up with all of them. It is going to take way to long to reply to all of them but it was fantastic for you to take up so much time to do that. You are very committed to blogging and our blog.

Our year is almost over and we won’t be in 4KM and 4KJ anymore. I bet our teacher next year is not going to be as comitted to blogging as much as our teachers.

Anyway we hope you enjoyed our scripts and the videos.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

From Georgia,Kealee and Leah :mrgreen: 😆 ♥

• Dear Liv and Georgia,

It seems as time has moved on, my comments have often grown longer but I see your comments are also growing in detail. Once you become familiar with the process, I think you’re finding it much easier to write quality, detailed comments. For me, it’s hard to believe at the beginning of 2011 I didn’t have any blogs nor did I comment on any. Much has changed.

With only a week to go before school ends, I hope you class and the both of your have a wonderful holiday break. Imagine, in the not too distant future, you’ll both be in Year 5.
      🙂

@RossMannell
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Dear Georgia, Kealee and Leah,

I know your scripts would have been fun to write. I enjoy writing and know how interesting it can be as we develop stories or create posts.

It is true, your year in 4KM and 4KJ is almost over. A new year will take you into Year 5 and a change of teachers. It would be hard to find two teachers as dedicated to blogging as your teachers but that doesn’t mean blogging will end. I noticed throughout the year some of the students from 2011 were still blogging Perhaps I will see some of your Year 5 posts in 2013.

Georgia, Kealee and Leah, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday break.
      🙂

@RossMannell
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia