2012 Edublog Award Nominations

It is time for the annual Edublog Awards!

The Edublog Awards have been running since 2004 and showcase some of the most popular blogs in education.

The purpose of the Edublog Awards is to promote and demonstrate the educational values of blogging. This is something we really believe in.

It was very hard for us to narrow down our choices for nominations as we have blogging friends in all corners of the globe.

Here are our nominations

Best Class Blog

Mrs Yollis’ Classroom Blog

We have many blogging friends but Mrs Yollis’ class is the first class that Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan’s class connected with nearly four years ago. We have developed a very strong friendship and Mrs Yollis’ class are always teaching us something new. Mrs Morris even had the chance to visit Mrs Yollis and some of her students and parents earlier this year. 

Most Influential Blog Post

Family Blogging Month by Mrs Yollis’ Class

Mrs Yollis came up with the idea of Family Blogging Month a number of years ago. She runs it twice a year as a way for families to become more involved in their child’s education. Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan have borrowed her idea many times. We would like to nominate Mrs Yollis’ class for most influential blog post because there are now hundreds, if not thousands, of class blogs around the world implementing their idea of Family Blogging Month.

Best Individual Tweeter

Ross Mannell

Mr Mannell comments on so many of our posts and student blogs. He asks us questions and gets us thinking. Mr Mannell also writes us extended comments on his own blog. Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan met Mr Mannell on Twitter. He is a retired primary school teacher who loves to use Twitter to find and support students and classes around the world.

Best Use of Audio/Video/Visual/Podcast

Mr Avery’s Classroom Blog

Our friend Mr Avery is amazing at making videos with his students. He uses green screen technology and other cool features to demonstrate learning. Mr Avery’s class is especially talented at making maths videos. What an fantastic way to learn!

Best Library Blog

The Bulldog Readers

Mrs Hembree and her students in Seattle create this fabulous blog that links kids to books and web 2.0 tools. Mrs Hembree shares our love of reading and we enjoy seeing what is happening on her blog. Mrs Hembree also comments on the 4KM and 4KJ blog and is always there to give us a reading recommendation.

Lifetime Achievement

Sue Waters

Sue Waters works for Edublogs (which is the blogging platform we use). She goes beyond her job description by helping people with blogging at all hours of the day and night. When Mrs Morris or Miss Jordan have a blogging question, Sue is always there to give them advice and suggestions. She is a real blogging guru who has a passion for helping others. 

Best New Blog

Grade 3/4 Learning Legends at Lonnie

Mrs Murphy and her grade 3/4 students at Pt Lonsdale have just started their blog this year. They are from a school in our area and they like making posts on a variety of topics using a range of web 2.0 tools. They feature a lot of student work/posts and have also been involved in some exciting global projects. 

Now it’s your turn

If you have a blog or website and you want to submit your nominations, just visit http://edublogawards.com to find out how. You have until November 26th to nominate. Voting will be begin soon and then there will be an awards ceremony in December.

What do you think of our nominations?

Who would you nominate?

66 thoughts on “2012 Edublog Award Nominations

Great post Mrs Morris,

Great nominations, you picked the best like Mr Avery! I also liked Mrs Yollis. They are all have great blogs.

Well for question 2 I would nominate- Best Student Blog would have to be Georgia’s Blog because she does such great posts.

I don’t know these blogging buddies very well but I will do just one more and that will be- Best Library Blog is… I would have to agree that The Bulldog Readers has got that!

Chloe

• Dear Chloe,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. You are a great blogger and I think you will get your own blog very soon.

Mr Avery and Mrs Yollis’ blog are both fantastic. I think Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan did well picking their nominations this year. I would of picked BB for best student blog award because she puts blogs on every week and get’s her mum to prove read her work.

I would have to agree with Mrs Morris on this on, I think that Mrs Yollis’ class blog is the best class blog because she always keeps it updated and she always put new posts and photos so people can coomment on.

The Bulldog Readers sound like they love reading and the probally do. So I would give that nomination to those guys. I love reading too, I read before I go to bed every night and that makes me fall asleep.

By for Now
      Maddy 😯 ;twisted: :mrgreen:

2. Dear 4KM, 4KJ and blogging buddys,
    I think I am the first person to comment on this post. When I first sore the post (saying 2012 Edublogs award nominations) I didn’t know what it was about but when I read the post I got it.

I sore the heading called Best student blog and I immedelently scralled down. I was serprized that it was BB’s awesome blog.

Trav

• Dear Trav,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. You are beggining to turn into a great blogger. You reply to lots of people that comment on posts and that is good.

Sorry but you are not but you are the second person to comment on the post and that’s still good. Sometimes you have to read the post because you might have never herd of it before.

BB is a really good blogger and she deserved that award. But so did lots of other people but you have to pick one.

From your Blogging Buddy
      Maddy 😯 😈 :mrgreen:

3. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

I really like the post and enjoyed reading it.

I think our nominations our good. I also remember in 2010 when 2KJ won the best blog of the year.

If I picked someone for the best student blog I would pick BB and Bronte’s blog but you can only pick one.

All the other nominations I would leave the same.

Emily

• Dear Emily,

Great comment and I agree that it I a great post. I also agree that bronte’s and bb’s blog is good.

Unfortanly I wasn’t here in 2KM so I don’t remember that 2KM won.

Bye,
      Your friend Chloe

• Dear Chloe,

Thank you for the reply.

Before this year have you ever heard about the Edublog Awards?

In 2010 I was in 2KM and 2KJ so I remember.

Emily

• Dear Emily,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Mrs Morris will be happy that a lot of people are commenting on the post.

The post was very interesting to read but I still enjoyed it. I think Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan did a good job with their nominations this year.

For this year I want to give the best class blog award to Mrs Yollis classroom blog because she always updates her blog and puts lots of posts and photos on the blog.

From your blogging buddy
      Maddy 😯 😈 :mrgreen:

I have been thinking of putting up a nomation post, but then I remembered I have a lot of posts waiting to be finished.

I really liked how you nominated BB for best student blog. BB is such an amazing blogger and I can’t believe she has done is for two whole years. Also Skye has done the same.

I have never actually visted BB’s blog so after this I probably will.

I really did like your nomations. I think that everyone you put up is great for those awards.

Hope we get nominated!

Jess

• Dear Jess,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. I agree I want to put a nomation post on my blog but I still have to finish a post about Ice Skating and the Tour of Etihiad Stadiam and after a week that post been on it would have already finished.

BB is a really good blogger and she deserves the award. She looked so happy when Mrs Morris told her that we voted her for the best student blog. She would of told her parents because I would of told my parents.

I know what you are saying about Skye’s Blog she is just like BB she is an amazing blogger and always put quality posts on her blog and she replys to everyone that comments on her blog.

From Your Blogging Buddy
      Maddy 😯 😈 :mrgreen:

I am honoured that you nominated our blog. We look to your blog as an amazing example of class blogging and to see our blog up here means a lot to me and will mean SO much to my students when I show them in the morning.

Your list has some of my favourites on it, so we might have to include some of them in our nominations. I do think Mrs Yollis’ blog post on family blogging has been very influential and was amazing for our class this year and something we will continue to implement and develop on.

I also LOVE BB’s blog and show our students this blog as a great example of student blogging and what can be achieved with dedication.

I also think Ross Mannell is a fantastic support for student bloggers and our own class blog. The hashtag commentsforkids is also a fantastic twitter tool for students. And if Sue Waters has not won a lifetime achievement award yet, well then I am SHOCK!!! Great choice.

I must have a good look at Ms Hembree’s Bulldog Library blog and some of Mr Avery’s videos. They all sounds great.

We better start coming up with our nominations and get them in this week!

Thanks so much again Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan and all 4KM and 4KJ we are gobsmacked to be in such esteemed company.
    Mrs Murphy
    Learning Legends at Lonnie

• Dear Mrs Murphy,

I am Georgia from 4KM.

Thank you for the comment that you put on our blog! It is very long and has a lot of detail.

I think Mrs Yollis’ blog is a great choice for Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan to choose.

Mr Avery’s videos are great! You’ll just love em’.

Your Blogging Buddy,

Georgia 😆

• Dear Mrs Murphy,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Well your blog is really good even though your only new in the blogging world. It is nice that you get tips from our blog. Like I said your blog is really gooed even though you are new.

Well that is good that you are vioting for some of the people that we have.That means that that blog is going to get an extra vote.That is good because the people we put deserved to be nominated.

Mrs Yollis has giving us a lot of great ideas and one of them was the Family Blogging Month. So that is why we nominated her for the best class blog. We will still learn lots from her. And in maths we have topic and always Mrs Yollis has a post about it.

BB is a great blogger and liked I said she deserved the award. She deserves it because she puts on a quality post on every week and she replys to everyone that leaves a comment on her blog.

Ross deffently deserves that because when he sees’ a interesting supject on a class blog he puts a lot of effort and makes a post about it.

From You Blogging Buddy
      Maddy

Thank you so much for the thoughtful nominations! We have built a wonderful friendship over the years and your words of praise mean the world to me! 🙂

A special thank you for recognizing the Family Blogging Month post. As we all know, parent involvement is a key ingredient when it comes to a child’s education. I appreciate your support and the promotion of this idea!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

• Dear Mrs Yollis,
      Thank you for comment on the class blog.We nominated you because your class blog is the best. And we have learnt a lot from you.

Your welcome as I said we learn a lot from you and one of those things was the idea of doing a Familt Blogging Month. Everyone enjoyed Familt Blogging Month, even the parents.

From Maddy

• Dear Mr Yollis,

Thanks for the comment. You are a great blogger.

We nominated you because you were the first blogging buddy ever. You always do such helpful posts like the lines post and the angles post.

Oh, good idea on family blogging month!

Chloe

7. Great set of nominations – I love them all! I especially like Mr Mannell who pops up all over the world making lovely constructive and helpful comments. Go Learning Legends! A fabulous class with a fantastic teacher, Miss Murphy and her class are so enthusiastic about their blogging, we love learning with them! Mrs Hembree is wonderful and writes super, thoughtful posts and I often find myself visiting Mrs Yollis’ blog to get tips on how to do stuff… I was there just today to find out about how to do Mystery Skype, and it was super-helpful. So great choices Mrs Morris and good luck to all those nominees!
    Mrs Monaghan
    A Room with a View, UK

• Dear Mrs Monaghan,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Ross is an excelent blogger. When he finds a post that is intresting on a class blog he writes what he knows about the topic and puts it on his blog for people to comment on.

All our blogging buddys are great they always gives us tips and it fun to meet their class. And most of all it is fun blogging with them.

From your blogging buddy
      Maddy

8. Hi grade 4KM and 4KJ,
    We are so proud that you voted us!
    That is so nice of you all

Your blog is just as good, it is amazing how you set it out and all your posts and comments you have done
    Thanks for your nominations.

We better get our nominations in fast!
    We like all the people you have nominated for.

Thank you so much Mrs Morris and Mrs Jordan and class we are suprised we got nominated

From Amelia and Eddie @ learning legends and lonnie

• Dear Amelia and Eddie,

Thank you for the comment. We loved it!
      Hi I am Emily and I am in 4km and 4KJ.

It is sop glad to hear that you are happy we we voted for you.

I can’t wait to see your nominations!

Emily

• Dear Amelia and Eddie,

Thank you for commenting on the class blog. You deserved it like everyone else that we voted for. Your blog looks really good even though your class is new to the blogging world.

That is very nice of you to say that but I have to say the same thing back to you. 4KM and 4KJ love blogging and that is why our blog looks really good.

Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan did a great job deciding who to nominate. We think that everyone did a great job on there blogs.

From Maddy

9. Hi everyone
    I am Charlotte from Point Lonsdale Primary
    I just wanted to say thank you for choosing our school blog to be the best new blog. ;-0
    from Charlotte at Point Lonsdale Primary School.

• Dear Charlotte,

Your welcome and thanks for leaving a comment on the class blog.

You seem like a great blogger and everyone else in your class and good idea to say where you are from.

Chloe

• Dear Charlotte,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. I never knew that there was a school in Point Lonsdale. My grandma lives there.

You welcome, everyone that has been nominated deserved it. It was hard to chose because everybody’s blog was fantastic. But it the end we decided.

From Maddy

10. hi chloe thankyou for nominating our blog we realy appreciate it. all your blogs are great.
    which blog do you like best?
    do you have a blog?
    from harriet at 3/4 learning legends at lonnie

• Dear Harriet,

Thanks for writing a comment on the class blog and thanks for appreciating our blog. I appreciate your class blog. The best blog I think has got to be your class blog.

I do not have my own blog and it is good to see everybody writing where they are from.

Chloe

• hi chloe this is harriet
        i dont have a blog either but i love commenting on blogs.
        thanks for nominating our blog.
        bye for now
        p.s this blog is great

• Dear Harriet,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Like I keep saying everyone that got nominated deserved it. I agree lots of the blogs are fantastic. My favourite blog has to be this one. Yes I do have a blog it is called A Day In A Life With Maddy here is the address:
      madelinesblog.global2.vic.edu.au

From Maddy

11. hi chloe thankyou for nominating our blog we realy appreciate it. all your blogs are great.
    which blog do you like best?
    do you have a blog?
    from harriet at 3/4 learning legends at lonnie 🙂

12. Hi it is lilly from point lonsdale,
    We all really appreciate you guys for voteing for us. It is really kind and thoughtful that you guys like our new blog. I like your blog to because u or ways make a really really really good post:) 🙂 🙂 !!!!!!!! and did u see what i just did then a rule of three. thats one of the things we leant this year. Any way thankyou once agane
    bye bye!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Dear Lilli,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the comment. We appreciate you guys writing comments. It is great to get lots of comments.

Thanks for saying that we make good posts, that is really nice of you.

Chloe

• hi chloe
        thankyou for replying to me i am sooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!! that you did 🙂 🙂
        i really like talking to you and i hpe that we can talk some more because you are a really nice person.
        what made you guys nomernate us?

• Dear Lilly,

Your welcome and a tip:
          .Use capitals.
          . If you are writing words like so just write it normally.

Well thank you for saying I am really nice, you are too and we nominated you because you are really new and your class’s blog is really good.

Chloe
          P.S, sorry I didn’t mean to write your name lilli.

• Dear Harriet thank you for Commenting on the blog hi I’m Ethan this year I am in Mrs Morris class I am new at this school I came from Tate street I went for 4 years I am at Leopold for 3 years I am 10 I love WWE do like WWE From Ethan

• hi it is lilly from point lonsdale i really like your blog and i like talking to different people that dont go to our school so thats why i like bloging so much because it lets you do that
        do you like bloging and why
        i hope you reply back so that we can talk 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Dear Lilli,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Everyone that we voted for deserved it. Why wouldn’t we like your blog it is amazing for begginers.

That is a really nice thing to say. Your class blog does great posts as well and so does all the other blogging buddys.

From Maddy

• hi Maddy
        i really like that name and just to let you know if we talk agane my name is spelled lilly not lilli.
        but it doesnt mater because lilly can be spelled lots of different ways. i really like it when peopel reply so i am so happy and i hope that we can talk agane bye 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

13. Hi

Thank you soo much for voting use for the best new blog and it realy means a lot to use and we might even vote for you seems you have voted for use and we hope we can get it and we hope you can get it to.

what what you do if you win?

From Jessica

threefourlonnielegends 🙂

• Dear Jessica,

Thanks for the great comment on the class blog. Your welcome for nominating you.

If you do nominate and vote for us I will appreciate it a lot. I don’t know what we will do if we win.

Chloe

• Hi

thanks for a reply to me.

your welcome for that.

you might get because your blog is THE BEST IN THE WORLD 😀

If we win we will be super happy and if you win we will be super happy for you guys.

i do not know what we whould do as well if we win and if you win im glade.

From Jessica

• Dear Jessica,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Like I said everyone that we nominated for deserved it. That would be very nice if you nominated for us.

I don’t really know what we would do if we win but we would thank everybody that voted for us and yeah.

From Maddy

• Hi maddy

thanks for such a lovly comment you replyed to me.

i hope we win but i realy hope you guys will win.

you guys realy make me when im on your BECAUSE ITS THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

i hope you guys vote for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 🙂 🙂 😀

from jessica

14. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

sophie here from 3/4 lonnie learning legends
    thank you for nomonating us for the awards all the three for r so happy and excited. you have a great blog that we appreciateanted
    r u nomonated yet?
    from sophie

• Dear Sophie,

Your welcome for nominating you and I am not sure if we have been nominated yet.

If I were you I would be happy and excited. Great idea writing where you are from. I appreciate your class blog as well.

Chloe

• Hi Sophie,

I’m Trent from 4KM.

Thanks for the excellent comment.

Congrats on your nominations. We all agree that you deserve it. I hope you do get a nomination again.

Thank you for appreciating our blog.

We don’t know if our blog is nominated, but I hope we do.

I have a blog and I would like to get nominated. I would feel awesome. You can find my blog here. http://trentsblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

From your new blogging buddy Trent.

I would like to thank you for nominating my blog.

I am so very grateful for to get picked is like winning already. Blogging is heaps of fun. Thanks to Mrs Morris for introducing me to blog as I have made some pretty awesome blogging friends. 🙂

Your other nominations where excellent choices as I would have picked every single one that you picked not forgetting to nominate your class blog too.

Good luck to everyone!

From BB 🙂

• Dear BB,

Thank you for leaving a comment on the class blog! Well there was no questions asked about who the best student blog is. I think your blog is one of the greatest.

I do agree, all of the other choices were really good to!

Iesha 😀 :mrgreen:

• Dear Iesha,

I think that their blog was as good as yous! You are the nicest blog I have been on, and you were our roll models when we started our blog this year! You showed us how to be kind on a blog and every comment put a smile on our faces!

Yours Truly,

Nichelle

What do you think our blog could do to make it better and more awesome?

• Dear Nichelle,

Thank you for replying to me! I would love to visit your blog, but I need your blog’s name.

Maybe you could add a clustr map or a voki,(as showen above.)

From your new friend,
          Iesha 😀 :mrgreen:

I have just arrived back from Thailand. I might be returning to school tomorrow or Friday.

I agree with all of the nominations you have picked. For the ‘Best New Blog’ I might have chosen 1L Class Blog @ Our Lady’s: http://b2riley.edublogs.org/

For the ‘Best Student Blog’ I might have chosen BB or Liv’s Blog. There are a lot of quality student blogs around.

Skye

• Dear Skye,

Thanks for the great comment. As soon as you get back from Thailand you decide to leave a comment. Such good quality.

I hope you get back to school soon. I’m dying to see my bestie.

I agree with Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan’s nominations; and of course yours. There are a lot of quality blogs around.

Your BFF,
      Millie

• Dear Millie,

Thanks for the reply! I am dying to see you too! I just woke up because I didn’t have a great sleep on the plane the night before last night so I won’t be coming to school, see you tomorrow.

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Your BFF,

Skye

17. Dear 4km and 4kj,

I think I would nominate your blog as the best class blog! You were our roll model when we started our blog, and we enjoyed all your posts that were made! We learnt that blogs are not chat rooms that have no purpose, they need a purpose to be a blog! You were the light that guided us to being the blog we are today! We appreciate how you set out your blog guidelines and how you’re so nice and welcoming to newcomers that comment on your blog! So why should you have this award? Because you are a kind and welcoming blog that cares for everyone and even if they posted a mean comment, I bet you would turn that into a joke so no one gets hurt!

Yours Truly,

Nichelle 🙂

• Dear Nichelle,

I’m Liv and I’m in 4KJ this year.

Thanks for the terrific comment!

We are so honored to hear you say that you would vote the 4KM and 4KJ blog! Just so kind, so kind…

You know, that’s a really good way to think of a blog. It’s not just an old chat room that has no purpose, it’s a place where people can learn. I really do love blogging.

Also, thankyou for saying we are a kind class blog. We really like to encourage people to blog, once everyone knows how to blog, they find it super-duper fun!

Your new blogging buddy,
      Liv 😆

• Dear Liv,

Thankyou for letting me know what you think about what I said. It made me smile when I read your comment.See what I mean about kindness and how nice you are to anyone? You guys are the best class blog because you make a smile on everyone’s face’s!!!

Your best mate,
        Nichelle 😀

18. hi its gabby,
    thank you soooooooooooooo much guys for nominating us we are all really happy. your blog is really good aswell. i reacon you did a really good job at nominating.
    from gabby

• Hi Gabby!

My name is Maha and I am from 4KM.

It is our pleasure to nominate you! You have a fantastic blog!

Thank you! I also reckon that you did a good job at nominating!

Maha :mrgreen:

19. Students, thank you so much for nominating #comments4kids for an Edublog Award. I think it is great you are using the hash tag and finding it to be a good way to get comments on your posts. I often say that a blog post is an invitation to a conversation and a comment is an acceptance of the invitation. Without your invitations, no one would be there to talk back 🙂

20. Hi my name is claudia i am in morris grade next year. I am excited to be in grade 4 i hope we do lots of fun things.

see you next year

From Claudia 8)

• Dear Claudia,

Thank you for commenting on your new class blog. We are going to have a great time together next year in 4KM.

Merry Christmas,
      Mrs Morris