Term Four Begins

Our two week holiday has gone very quickly and we are now back for our final term of Grade Four.

Term Four is going to be very busy with lots of exciting things planned, such as:

• An ice skating excursion and tour of Etihad Stadium
  • A bike ride to Splashdown for a swim, waterslide and lunch
  • The Leopold Primary School Twilight Festa
  • The Global Children’s Challenge
  • Learning about poetry, procedural texts, healthy living, measurement and space (maths)

You can look at the calendar on the left hand sidebar of the blog to find out more about our special dates.

Mrs Morris’s Holiday

On the holidays Mrs Morris and her husband, Nate, spent a relaxing week at Byron Bay in northern New South Wales.

Image from Google Maps

On the way to Byron Bay they had to stop at Sydney. Here is a photo taken from inside the plane. Can you see the famous landmarks at the back of the photo? (tip:click on the image to view a larger version and zoom in)

The beaches at Byron Bay are beautiful. Every day, tourists and locals swam, surfed and walked along the golden sand. What do you like to do at the beach?

One day when Mrs Morris and Nate were going for a walk, they came across this very bold lizard. Do you know what bold means? What type of lizard do you think it is?

Can you answer the questions in this post?

What did you do on the holidays?

What are you looking forward to this term?

41 thoughts on “Term Four Begins

1. Dear 4KJ,

I can answer your questions!

1.Bold means brave
    2.I really enjoy boogyboarding on big waves and going very fast.
    3.In the picture I saw the famous landmarks the Bridge
    (can’t remember what it is caled ๐Ÿ˜ณ ) and the Sydney opera house?

Beside that I liked reading the post. I liked the lizard on the side of the road, I wish I could just feel its scales and patted on its head. :0

From lachlan (4kj) ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› :mrgreen: :wicked: ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

• Dear 4KM, 4KJ and blogging buddys,
      Its been a great start to term four with cool maths and awesome literacy! I went to anglesea for a week. The other week I didn’t do much.
      Did you go on a holiday?
      If you did how was it?

Trav

• Dear Lachlan,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. It’s good to be back at school. Some people don’t agree with me because they didn’t seem very excited yesterday when it was the first day of term four.

It’s good that you remembered that Mrs Morris told us what bold meant. And you also wrote the right aswer down. It also mean’s that the lizard had confidence to stay while the humans surrouned it and also took photos.

What I like to dod when I’m at the beach we have a picnic and if we are good we sometimes we buy fish & chips and eat them at the beach. I boggyboard at the beach and I’m learning how to surf.

That is correct the famous landmarks in the picture was the bridge and the Sydney Oprea House. The bridge is called the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It’s ok if you forget lots of people do.

The post was really intresting to read. And like you said everyone will find it intresting a s well and I think they have already because there is already 21 comments on this post.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

• Dear Lachlan,

You did a very good comment.

I liked reading the post too.

I think all of your answers are right.

At the beach I like putting my feet in the water and feeling the freezing cold salty water.Also I love digging a huge hole in the sand and making sand castles too ,or and of corse boogyboarding and surfing.

From your friend Becky.

• Dear Lachlan,
      Thank you for leaving a comment.
      I can see the sydney harbour bridge and the Sydney opera house.
      What did you do on the holidays?:)

from Paige ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

What an incredible post! I am so glad to be back at school, but I did enjoy my holidays.

It sounds as though Mrs Morris had a wonderful time in Byron Bay. The view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House really is terrific.

Bold means very brave and confident. I’m not sure what type of lizard it is, I’m not a big fan of them!

On the holidays I:

~ Went to Melbourne to Tennis Warehouse to get a new tennis racquet.
    ~ While we were in Melbourne that day I went to the VFL Grand Final with my Dad. The Cats won!
    ~ Played in and won a tennis tournament at Geelong Lawn Tennis Club.
    ~ Went to the Melbourne Show with my family.
    ~ Went to Jess’ house.

I know, I was pretty busy!

This term I’m looking forward to touring Etihad Stadium and going ice skating. I’m also looking forward to going to Splashdown and learning about Healthy Living.

Liv ๐Ÿ˜†

• Dear Liv,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. You are such a great blogger. You have your own blog and you still make time to comment on the class blog.

It’s good to be back at school. Somepeople wouldn’t agree with me because yeasterday when the bell rang for school started a lot of people didn’t seem excited.

Mrs Morris did a fantastic job on this post. But I’m not surprised because Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan both do excilent jobs of making posts to go on the blog.

Even though I’m happy to be at school I did enjoy my hoildays. I did some very exciting things. And I enjoyed myself a lot.

I agree it does sound that Mrs Morris had a wonderful time in Byron Bay. It does looks like a wonderful place for a hoilday and I might tell my mum and dad about this place and they will think about it.

Those things that you did on the hoildays sound fun. This is what I did on my hoildays.

~ Go to Melbourne
      ~ See Pinocio
      ~ Walk along the beach
      ~ Movies
      ~ Movies
      ~ Movies
      ~ Sleep at Melbourne
      ~ Go to the pool
      ~ See Treasure Island

It does sound like a busy hoilday. I think everyone had a busy hoilday even I had a busy hoilday.

I’m looking forward to both of the excerions and learning about healthy Living. I really enjoyed the leason we learnt today.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

Wow what a great post! I was very excited when the first day of school arrived. I couldn’t wait to see everyone.

It sounds like Mrs Morris had a great time at Byron Bay. I haven’t been to Byron Bay, but my mum and dad have. Yes, I can see the famous landmarks in the photo. They are the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.

At the beach I like to dive under the waves with my dad. Bold means, that it is brave. I am not sure what type of lizard it is. It looks big!

On my holidays I went to New Zealand. We travelled around the North and South Islands in a motorhome, but we spent more time in the South Island.

Got to pack up,
    Sophie

• Dear Sophie,

I agree what a great post. I was very excited to see everyoneโ€™s faces also Mrs Morris and Miss Jordon.

Yes it did sound like Mrs Morris had a great time. I also have never been to Byron Bay and Iโ€™m not sure if my mum and dad have been there. I did not see the landmarks straight away but then Mrs Morris told us.

At the beach I splash my brother with water and he splashes me back. I didnโ€™t know what bold meant until our teacher told me.

On the holidays I had a sleep over at my friendโ€™s house and went and saw Madagascar 3.

Got to go
      Lilli ๐Ÿ™‚

• Dear Sophie
      I was interested to hear that your family toured the North and South Islands of New Zealand during your term break!
      Did you travel to the West Coast of the South Island at all? Maybe you visited Greymouth or Westport which are each one hour away from Reefton, where I live? Maybe you even came through Reefton!
      I hope you got some sunny weather. This week is very wet and cold ๐Ÿ™
      What were some of your favourite activities while you were in NZ?

best wishes
      Mrs McKenzie

• Dear Mrs McKenzie,

Thank you for replying to my comment!

We did grive through Greymouth and we stopped there for tea on our way to Picton to catch the ferry to the North Island. I am not sure if we passed through Reefton, but I have heard of it.

On our first day in Cristchurch it was only 8 degrees and raining, but we did have some sunny days.

Some of my favourite activities in NZ were:
        ♥Skiing at Cardrona in Queenstown
        ♥Cadbruy tour in Dunedin
        ♥Going on the Kjet in Queenstown
        ♥Going on Fox Glacier
        ♥Seeing the gysers in Rotorua, my dad’s friend calls it Rottenrua because it stinks!

From your blogging buddie,
        Sophie

• Dear Sophie
          I’m glad to hear you had a good time. I think you would have come through Reefton on your way to the ferry, but one blink and you would miss it!
          One of the B4 students went to the Cadbury factory this year, but he didn’t bring us back any chocolate – we were very disappointed!
          I hope you enjoy the rest of your grade 4 year. We start back to school on Monday, and then I think the term will just fly by.

best wishes
          Mrs McKenzie

• Dear Mrs McKenzie,

Thank you for replying to my comment.

We probably went through Reefton because we were driving at night when we went though Greymouth,so I would have been asleep.

I also hope you enjoy the rest of your school year.

Sophie

What a great post. I liked the photo taken from the plane.

I’m very excited about Term 4 and I know it will be as fun as all the other terms.
    It looks like Mrs Morris had a great holiday at Byron Bay. I would love to go there one day.

In class we discussed the landmarks in the photo so I’ll leave that question for someone else to answer.

At the beach I like to play cricket, swim freely, catch waves and ride my boogie board. Beaches are very fun. It’s a great time to catch up with family – especially on hot days.

On my holidays I had ballet practice on Monday and Tuesday in the first week and on Friday in he second week. I played outside a lot with my brother, Luca, my friend Will and my dad. I Enjoyed my friends’ party and my brothers’ party too. I also went to Port Fairy for three days.

Got to go,
    Millie

The Holidays have gone so quickly!

I can see the Landmarks at the back of the photo.

At the beach I like to play in the waves with my sister. I also go on my boogie board and try and stand up. My Mum and Dad bring a mini tent for them. They also buy fish and chips for tea (dinner).

Here is the link to my blog.

http://www.georgiaw.net/blog/

I have typed what I did of every day of the holidays.

Bold means brave and strong. I think it could be a sort of giant lizard.

Your Blogging Buddie,

Georgia :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ˜€

• Dear Georgia,

What a great comment.

Yes I also Think the holidays went so quick. I can also see the landmarks at the back of the picture, can you tell me what the landmark’s names are.

At the beach I enjoy feeling the relaxing sand sizzle against my feet, I also enjoy going out into the wave with my boogie-board and let it flush me back to dry land on a hot sunny day.

I will be sure to leave a comment on your blog adnd check out all the great posts, here is a link to my blog…. trentsblog.global2.vic.edu.au

I also think bold means brave but not necesseraly strong though.

From your blogging buddy, Trent.

• Dear Georgia,

I also whent to the beach but i whent on
      the promanard to go off the diveingboard
      it was realy cool but I spotted some jellyfish in the water.

On the second day i there was even more jellyfish in the water and they were even biger this time.

well time to go
      Brodey

What a great post, I am very excited that we are back at school.

It’s nice to see my friends again.

It looked like Mrs Morris had a great time at Byron Bay I would love to go there on a holiday.

From your blogging buddy
    Adam

• Dear Adam,

i agree this is a very unique post but i am amazed almost the end of grade four on the way to grade five but when i go i’ll shorly miss everyone because theres a 50%
      chance i’m going to move schools.

bye got to go.

What a wonderful post!

I am looking forward to all the things this term but I think my most favourite thing would have to be Ice skating and Edihad Stadium.

I can see the Sydney Opera house and the Sydney harbour brige.

At the beach I like to build sand castle and have mud fight with Claudea and not so much Kody because he always gets me out. How mean.

I know what bold means because my amazing teacher Mrs Morris told me. It means confident or brave. I do not no what type of lizard it is but I will go look it up.

Kealee :opps: :mrgreen:

• Hi Kealee!

I agree, what a wonderful post!

I can’t wait to do most things this term! My favourites would be the excursions! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can also see the Sydney opera house and bridge.

At the beach I like to go in the waves and splash my brother till he’s soaking wet! ๐Ÿ˜€

I know what bold means and it means confident and brave!

As you might all know I am still in Pakistan having my holiday! I miss everyone sorely and I wish everyone was here!

From your friend,

Maha :mrgreen:
      From your friend

• Dear Maha,

Thank you for replying to me!

Yeah, it will be fun going on all of the excursions that are planed.
        The Sydney photo was kind of blurry so I couldn’t make out if it was the Sydney Opera House or a very pointy house.

At the beach I would also love to splash my brother and sister but they would get angry at me and dunk me in the cold water.

Yes, you are right bold does mean confident and brave. Example: Maha is very bold.

Wow, your still in Pakistan cool. You used a very interest word.

I have some questions for you:
        Do you know what interesting word I was talking about?
        What have you done so far on your holiday?

Your friend down under Kealee ๐Ÿ˜ณ :mrgreen:

• Hi Kealee!

I love replying to you!

It will be fun going to the excursions. I can’t wait!

The picture was blurry so I could only make out few things.

My brother would get angry If I splashed him but he couldn’t dunk me because I would dunk him first!

I have also got an example: Kealee is strong and bold.

I did use an interesting word. Do you know what the word means?

My answers to your questions:

The interesting word I typed was: sorely

On my holiday I have done HEAPS of shopping, have gone to lots of restaurants and been meeting my cousins!

From your friend,

Maha :mrgreen:

8. Hi 4KM and 4KJ
    The holidays did go fast
    I think bold lizerd means brave lizerd that didn’t run. What I like doing at the bech is take my shows off and walk on the bech, go snokaling and when i’m in the water I try to find fish,Go fishing and catch fish
    by for now from Kayley

9. To 4km and 4kj,
    It sounds like miss Morris had a really good holiday ,I would like to go to Byron bay it looks nice and relaxing.

On my holiday I went to Leopold skate park with Travis, when we were at the skate park Brodey and Adam came with there scooters to.

I kept on trying and trying to land a 360 but I could not get it. i can get a 360 at ocean grove skate park and I cant get them at Leopold skate park.

I also went to Melton wave pool with my older cousin and my baby cousin, my baby cousin fell over and cut her lip.

haydos

Welcome back to school! I have had a wonderful 2 weeks of holidays, I got 2 new Gianni pigs I named them ginger and Jess (Jessica). And my friends from Brisbane came down for a visit.
    Well I have to go, but Iโ€™ll be back
    Patrick ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ™„

At the beach I like to go in the water and play in the sand.

I do know what bold means brave.

sorry I don’t know what the lizard is called.

On the holiday I had Shakira sleep over.I did have more people
    over. ๐Ÿ™‚

From your friend Becky.

12. @ 4KM and 4KJ,
    Wow, what a great post, Mrs Morris.
    I was sad when the holidays ended but I was also excited when the next term began. I am kind of a on/off freak, meaning, I love school at times then I don’t, it’s weird ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™‚

Some things I’m looking forward to this term are,
    ♥ The exciting ice-skating excursion ( Thanks bus driver who is taking us there. )
    ♥ The ride to Splashdown ( Thanks Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris for buying us lunch you two are so generous ๐Ÿ™‚ )
    ♥ The Twilight Festa ( Thanks Leopold P.S for providing this for us. )
    ♥ I can’t wait until, we learn about poetry ( It’s my favourite area of literacy )
    ♥ I also love the Global Childrens Challenge ( Thanks Mrs Morris for picking Trent and I to type in the scores everyday ๐Ÿ™‚ )

See you later,
    Libstar ♦

13. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

What a great post!
    I’m happy term four is here, I bet it’s
    going to be a great term.

On the holidays I went to the Ocean Grove Swimming pool, it was fun.

I hope everyone had a peaceful holiday!

Sincerly
    L♥ren ๐Ÿ˜†

• Dear Loren,
      Thank you for commenting on the post.

I hope you had a great holiday.

On the holidays I went to a swimming pool too.But it was not the Ocean Grove pool it was splash Down.I went down the slide too.It was so fun.

From your friend Becky!

14. Dear Everyone,

hello
    WOW! what a great post
    that is a very weird lizard I can’t even identify
    it
    that was a good photo you took of Sydney I think its the Sydney habour bridge and opera house down the back of the photo,
    I’m looking foward to everything this term :mrgreen:

Bye
    from Jimbo
    ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

• Hi jimbo
      Thank you for commenting on our blog you are right it is a wierd lizard i dont even no what lizard it is i think it is the Sydney habour bridge and opera house down at the back to.
      got to go by Jimbo

15. Hello 4KM and 4KJ

It seems like you are going to have a very exciting term. I really like the sound of the ice skating excursion and tour of Etihad stadium. I can’t wait to hear about your experience at these places. Do you know where this ice skating place is? I would really like to know. Have a nice term 4!

From Ajay

• Dear Ajay,
      Hi I’m Cam from 4KJ.
      I don’t know where we are going for ice skating and I’ve nether been ice skating before.
      have you been ice skating before?
      from,
      Cam

16. Welcome back to school everyone, it sounds like you’ve had a great break.
    It’s also good to hear that most of you are happy to be back to school with your friends…it must be great fun in your classroom!
    The pictures of Mrs Morris’s holiday look beautiful. Sydney is a lovely city to visit but I haven’t been to Byron Bay.
    Thomas, Luke and I enjoyed a bike ride to Splashdown over the holidays. It was a nice easy ride and I’m sure you’re all looking forward to your school excursion there.
    Enjoy your last term.
    Kylie.

• Dear Kylie,

Thank you so much for commenting on the post.
      I did have a great break in the holiday because I went camping and also I played with my friends and had sleep overs.It was very very fun.

It’s a lot of fun in the class room.

From your friend Becky.

I loved my holiday! I had my second show jumping competition. I got a refusal in the first round, but I was allowed to go againg. It was clear! I got my first blue ribbon in my life. Then I got to cool Brandy (the horse that I rode) down in the arena and played around a little bit.

Oh well, I’ve got to go now, times up.

Your blogging buddy,
    Bronte ๐Ÿ˜›

• Dear Bronte,

Thank you for commenting.
      It looks like you Had a great holiday!

when I was little I did horse riding but when I go to my friends house I go on there horse.It’s fun!

From your friend Becky.

18. Dear 4KM and 4KJ.

On my holidas had my dad came home from Darwin.
    me got home at 7:00 pm. We had fish
    and chips. I got 5 potatocack and chips.

Ben

19. Dear ajay thank you for Comment on the blog where are you from? I am from Geelong Vic I like to play sports like afl cricket and a lot more do you play sports? From Ethan

I can’t belive the holidays are already over it just goes so quick. On my holiday I went to
    Dream World witch is in queensland. My favorite ride was the Tower of Terror.:mrgreen: My second favorite ride was the Buzz Saw. My third and final ride was the Log ride.
    by for now from Tyler ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€