Grade Four Maths Games Day

Today was an exciting day for all the grade fours. Our maths co-ordinator, Ms Nada Williams, organised a fabulous day of mathematical madness.

Ms Williams had 13 student leaders from grade four to help her organise the Maths Games Day.

The Maths Games Day was held in the LINC (gym) from 9:30am until 3:15pm. There were three main parts to the day – problem solving, strategy games and physical games. Students worked in teams of four and there were some mathematical prizes up for grabs.

Here is the schedule for the day…

We were inspired by the work Mr Avery does with time lapse photography/videos. We decided to film the first four hours of the maths day and speed it up to make a “time lapse” or “fast forward” video. We hope you enjoy seeing our day in just over three minutes!
<br

Thank you to Ms Williams and leaders for organising a terrific day of fun and learning!

What did you think about the Maths Game Day? What did you enjoy? Was there anything you’d change?

What’s your favourite area of mathematics?

60 thoughts on “Grade Four Maths Games Day

I liked the maths day, though some parts got very frustrating. πŸ™ At one point I just had to stop and cover my ears from the noise.

My favourite area would have to be strategy. πŸ™‚

Sorry the comments short,
    I have to start one my next blog post.

Your friend,
    Bronte P.S Great jog leaders! :mrgreen:
    P.P.S Than you for mking such an interesting day, Ms Williams πŸ˜‰

• Dear Bronte,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. No wonder you have a blog you always leave a comment on the class blog.

I thought maths day was planned really well and it turned our as a succsess. I learnt a lot more maths after maths day.
      It was pretty noisy in the LINK.

My favourite area in maths is promblem solving. My whole family is good at maths and Charlotte is learning.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

I really enjoyed the maths day today.
    I think every body would have enjoyed it too.

I liked them all but I really enjoyed dizzy.

I really like my time tables. πŸ™‚

From your friend
    Becky.

• Dear Becky,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. It is amazing that people that have blogs are commenting on this post first.

I enjoyed maths day event though some of it was hard to solve and you had to get your head down and work hard. It looked like everyone had a fun day. It would be nice to do that again.

I enjoyed all the games but my favourite game was Dizzy as well. I kept on going up to tell my leader that I won the game. I wasn’t that good at the other games.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

• Dear Maddy,

Your maths day look very fun and our community also made a blog so if you can you can you can visit our Blog

Your Friend Jayden πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

What a marvellous post about our Maths Day. I thought the Maths Day was a great idea. The activities were fun. πŸ™‚

My favourite activity would have to be Dizzy or Five Squares.

In maths I love multiplication.

Skye

4. @ 4KM and 4KJ,

What an excellent post on our Grade Four Maths Day!

I really enjoyed being a Mad Mathematical Leader. I was glad to see everyone so jubilant.

I thought the idea of a time lapse video was amazing! It was so cool to see the day go around so quickly! The music went perfect with it.

If I had a chance to have played the games at the maths day, I think I really would have loved Dizzy. I think that was the favourite game for the day!

In maths, I really love learning multiplication and division. I love maths!

See you soon!
    Liv πŸ˜‰

The maths day was awesome. I learnt a lot more about maths.I had two sections that I really enjoyed were the physical games and the other games such as Dizzy.

I really thought the time lapse video was amazing. I want to say a big thank you to Ms Williams and the leaders for organising a fabulous day!

Bye for now, πŸ™‚
    Olivia Y

I can tell the Maths Games Day was exciting by how fast everyone was moving in the included video clip. πŸ˜‰

While all of the activities would have been challenging, I suspect many would have picked the physical games. Hands on experiences can not only teach, they can be fun.

What is my favourite area of maths? There are many but I do have fun calculating totals and change to be given when going up to a shop assistant before they can finish hitting the buttons on cash registers. I like everyday maths, the things we calculate and estimate every day often without giving much thought to what we do. πŸ™‚

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross Mannell,

Thank you for your fabulous comment! Yes, I also thought that is was exciting as well! πŸ™‚

Yes, on the maths day everyone had fun when we did the Physical games. πŸ™‚

I also like ddoing calculating numbers and it fascinates me when the shop assistants press the buttons as well.

My favourite area in maths is probalby fractions because it is very interesting and can go for a very long time.

From your friend,

Maha

7. Dear 4KJ & 4KM,

I really loved your idea of a ‘Mathmatical Day’, making Maths fun so its becomes more interesting! It certainly looks like you had an eventful day! I especially liked your “time lapse” video. You looked like you all had your heads down trying to work out your maths problems.

My favourite areas of maths would have to be division and fractions. Sometimes maths can get a little frustrating but the more you practice the more easier it is to understand.

Well done to all the Maths Day leaders who did a brilliant job!

Keep enjoying your day, πŸ™‚

Nicole (Millies Mum)

• Dear Nicole,

Thankyou so much for your kind comment! It was very much appreciated by 4KM and 4KJ.

I also loved the idea of Mad Mathematical Day. I really enjoyed being a leader and helping out with the day. I too think it is a great way to make maths interesting. It sure was an eventful day!

I thought the time lapse video was amazing. Seeing the day in just over three minutes was pretty cool. Everyone did work well and they did have their heads down and working very hard.

I like divison too. Yes, sometimes maths can get a bit frustrating but you are right, the more you practise the more you get better!

Liv πŸ˜‰

I love the post I especially liked the video! I thought I wouldn’t enjoy it but I loved it. πŸ™‚

All the leaders did a great job! Thank you Ms Williams you did a great job organizing the maths day! :mrgreen:

Talk soon,
    Lilli

Your Maths Day looks like it was a lot of fun! We enjoyed watching your time lapse video as it was a great way to see a variety of the activities that you participated in.

We like lots of different areas of maths. At the moment we are learning about scale and how they work on maps.

Your friends at 4GPS.

• Dear R Gage,

Thanks for visiting our blog and leaving a great comment! We appreciate it so much. πŸ™‚

Our maths day was very fun. It was a great idea and there were lots of fun games and activities.

I thought the time lapse video was very cool.

My favourite topic in maths is multiplication! I think time tables are very important to know as you need to use them sometimes.

At school we are doing fractions and decimals.

Skye

10. Dear 4KM & 4KJ,

I loved the idea of your Maths Day! I think it’s really fun and a great way to learn maths.

I personally think that my school should have that too! My favourite area of maths is tesselations because it’s like art! Did you guys learn a lot?

Thanks for being such a great blog to read!

Sincerely Chrissie from 4GPS.

• Dear Chrissie,

Thank you for your great comment.

Yes, our maths day was a lot of fun and we all learned a lot!

I think all school s should have a maths day. I think most kids would be very happy.

Best wishes,
      Millie

• Dear Chrissie,

thanks for commenting on our blog. The maths games day was really fun. Although some questions were really hard. It was a bit frustrating. 😑

Apart from that it was great. Have you ever had a maths games day at your school?

And the leaders were great too. Guess what. My team (number sixteen) came second in the score bord every time! Now that was frustrating all right.

Well I better go now. So see you soon!

From your new friend,
      Indi 😎 :mrgreen: πŸ˜†

I really enjoyed watching your video of the grade four maths day. It was really entertaining to watch, and I hope to see more in the future.

Sincerely,
    Danielle from 4GPS.

• Dear Danielle,

Hi! My name is Liv and I am in 4KJ, Miss Jordan’s class.

Thankyou for your comment. It was very much appreciated!

I loved watching the video too! It was so exciting to see our Maths Day in just over three minutes!

I hope to do more maths days in the future.

Yours sincerly,
      Liv (4KJ)

• Dear Danielle,

Thanks for your great comment. It was very nice of you.

Yes, I really enjoyed watching the video too. It was funny watching everyone in slow motion. I enjoyed the Maths Day very much!

Your new blogging buddy,
      Millie

• Dear Sankari,

Hi! My name is Liv and I am from 4KJ, Miss Jordan’s class this year.

Thankyou so much for your excellent comment! It was very much appreciated. You are an awesome blogger.

I too loved watching the video of our Maths Day in just over three minutes.

I hope we can do more Maths Day in the future aswell.

Liv πŸ˜‰

• Dear Dylan,

Hi! My name is Liv and I am in 4KJ, Miss Jordan’s class this year.

Thankyou for the amazing comment! It was so much appreciated.

Maths Day was so much fun, everyone loved it and everyone was tired by the end of the day!

Have you ever had a Maths Day or a Reading Day at your school?

Your new blogging buddy,
      Liv πŸ˜‰

12. Dear 4KM 4KJ,
    I think your maths day looked like fun, i look forward to trying it out one day. My favourite area in maths is probably multiplication.

From Britney

• Dear Britney,

Hi! My name is Liv and I a in Miss Jordan’s class this year. I was one of the leaders at our maths day.

Thankyou so much for your brilliant comment it was very much appreciated!

Our Maths Day was very fun! Everyone had so much fun and loved all the activities but the physical games were the most popular.

Looks like we have something in common, we both like multiplication!

Yours sincerely,
      Liv πŸ˜‰

13. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,
    My name is Joshua and my favourite area of mathematics is remainders in division.
    I hope you visit and comment on our blog.
    From Joshua πŸ™‚

• Hi Josh!

My name is Liv and I am in Miss Jordan’s class this year. I was one of the maths day leaders.

Your comment was very well written, thankyou!

I quite like divison too! Have you ever participated in a Maths Day or Reading Day?

Yours sincerely,
      Liv

• @ Marie,

My name is Liv and I am in 4KJ this year.

Wow! Your class must have a great blog, the students in your class are commenting very much on our blog. Thanks!

I was one of the Maths Leaders, as far as I knew every Grade 4 loved the Maths Day as much as I did.

The Grade 4’s enjoyed their day but they were all tired at the end of the day.

Yours sincerely,
      Liv πŸ˜‰

I really like how you hade a maths day! It looks like alot of fun!!! I hope you did have fun.

The time lapse video was a great way of showing how you learnt that day and what you did. I also enjoyed how you didnt just sit down and do maths but do physical activites as well.

From your friend,
    Mary

• @Mary

It was a heap of fun! I absolutely loved it.

I thought the time lapse video was a great idea too. I liked the physical activities.

Your pal,

Georgia

15. Dear 4km and 4KJ

that must have been a very fun day you guys had I saw a tonne of learning happening. The video you guys posted was very entertaining.

From Darren

• @Darren,

4KM and 4KJ learned a lot of maths during the day.

I thought the video was very entertaining too. I thought it was funny when people walked in front of the laptop.

Your pal,

Georgia

16. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    I really enjoyed your video. I liked how the video was time lapse. My favourite area in maths is multiplication because we have to use in our life every day.

From Cindy in 4GPS

• @Cindy,

Everybody uses maths everyday to,

Tell the time
      Add up money for shopping
      Just for fun and to learn

Your pal,

Georgia

Your maths game day looked extremly fun! I am really impressed that 13 students in grade 4 help organise the day with your maths co-ordinator. My favorite area of maths is multiplication.

From: Corrina

• Dear Corrina,

Thanks for leaving a wonderful comment on our class blog! We appreciate it. πŸ™‚

Our maths day was really fun and such a great idea! The maths leaders were awesome and all of them had everything under control.

My favourite area around maths is multiplication as well.

Skye

18. Hello Students & Teachers from 4KM and 4KJ, I am Jessica from Iramoo Primary School,

Your blog looks wonderful! (much better then our class blog)

It looks like you had a lot of fun with the maths game. Did you guys have a great time?

Keep up the good blogging!

Please make sure you visit my blog, my friend’s and class blog. Here are the links:
    http://iramoo5na.global2.vic.edu.au/
    http://jessfabulousblog.global2.vic.edu.au/
    http://cooltimeswithnichole.global2.vic.edu.au/

Thanks πŸ˜€

From your new blogging friend Jessica πŸ˜›

• @Jess,

Thank you for leaving a comment on our class blog! You are very kind.

We had a fantastic time. Everybody loved it.

Wow! Your blog is amazing. I like the poll on the side bar.

Your pal,

Georgia πŸ˜€

19. Hello

What a fabulous idea, I love it! By the looks on your faces you all loved it too.

As usual your class blog is outstanding with SO MUCH to read and see. It was also nice to see some faces I haven’t seen in a little while.

I love strategy games and times tables.

Keep smiling, working hard and enjoying school.

Kind regards

Mr Scott

• @Mr Scott,

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog!

Everyone loved the maths day very much. We all had a wonderful time.

Your Blogging pal,

Georgia

• Dear,Mr Scott

What a great comment my favorite maths subject is addition and fractions by the way the maths day was great I was in team 10

from your old student Lachie.

• Dear Mr Scott,

Thank you so much for the comment, you are a fabulous blogger!
      I’m Jess from your grade two class 2Kj at Leopold Primary School!

I am having an outstanding time in $km and 4KJ, my teachers are so amzing at blogging they toght me nearly everything, besides you.

I really love maths, it is really geayt for your brain and you can use it futher on in life.

Jess (4KJ)

20. Dear Mr Scott,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog.

My favourite maths is subtraction.
    On the maths day I was one of the leaders as you can see in the photo.

I had to work with team 19 and team 20.

From your old student
    Adam

• @ AJ,

Thanks for the comment!

My favourite subjects is fractions, decimals and percentages.

As you obviously remeber I was a Maths Leader as well. I was working with team 1 & 2. Did you enjoy the day?

Maha

21. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

I think your idea to have a maths day was great. I think having physical activities for the students to engage in was an awesome way for them to learn. I could tell by watching the video all of the students had fun at maths day. I hope that more schools would start doing this.

My favourite area of math is multiplication and division.

@chelseacalert3
    Student at the University of South Alabama