I am having a fantastic time in the USA with my husband, Nate! I am staying with my blogging buddy, Mrs Yollis, and her husband, Mr Yollis.
2012 is the fourth year that my class and Mrs Yollis’ classes have been blogging together. We have worked on many projects and become friends over the internet but have never met face to face before last week!
It was truly amazing for me to meet Mrs Yollis. We laugh a lot and get along like old friends. I will miss her when I head to New York City tomorrow.
Last week, I attended a big teacher’s conference in San Diego with Nate and Mrs Yollis. We learnt so much about using technology in the classroom. Mrs Yollis and I also presented about blogging and global collaboration. The teachers really enjoyed it and we hope we have encouraged a lot more teachers to start blogging with their classes.
Here are some highlights from my trip so far:
- Meeting lots of other blogging buddies at the teachers’ conference. They were all so nice!
- Visiting Mrs Yollis’ classroom and meeting Beverly and Panda. We even played Bamboo in the playground!
- Having lunch at Royce’s house and meeting a group of Mrs Yollis’ students.
- Skyping with 4KM and 4KJ twice.
- Being in the audience for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- Visiting Universal Studios.
- Seeing the sites of Los Angeles – Mr and Mrs Yollis are great tour guides.
- Meeting Mrs Yollis’ pets – Buck the cheeky labrador and Harvey the talking African grey parrot.
Read part two of Mrs Morris’s USA trip here.