Mrs Morris in the USA

Hi everyone!

I am having a fantastic time in the USA with my husband, Nate! I am staying with my blogging buddy, Mrs Yollis, and her husband, Mr Yollis.

2012 is the fourth year that my class and Mrs Yollis’ classes have been blogging together. We have worked on many projects and become friends over the internet but have never met face to face before last week!

It was truly amazing for me to meet Mrs Yollis. We laugh a lot and get along like old friends. I will miss her when I head to New York City tomorrow.

Last week, I attended a big teacher’s conference in San Diego with Nate and Mrs Yollis. We learnt so much about using technology in the classroom. Mrs Yollis and I also presented about blogging and global collaboration. The teachers really enjoyed it and we hope we have encouraged a lot more teachers to start blogging with their classes.

Here are some highlights from my trip so far:

• Meeting lots of other blogging buddies at the teachers’ conference. They were all so nice!
  • Visiting Mrs Yollis’ classroom and meeting Beverly and Panda. We even played Bamboo in the playground!
  • Having lunch at Royce’s house and meeting a group of Mrs Yollis’ students.
  • Skyping with 4KM and 4KJ twice.
  • Being in the audience for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
  • Visiting Universal Studios.
  • Seeing the sites of Los Angeles – Mr and Mrs Yollis are great tour guides.
  • Meeting Mrs Yollis’ pets – Buck the cheeky labrador and Harvey the talking African grey parrot.
Here is a video of me and Mrs Yollis in her classroom!

Here are some (a lot) of pictures of my trip so far.

Thank you to Mr Miller (teacher at the conference) and Mr Yollis for some of these fantastic photos!

Read part two of Mrs Morris’s USA trip here.

What do you think of my trip?

Would you like to visit the USA? What would you do there?

57 thoughts on “Mrs Morris in the USA

1. Dear Mrs Morris,

Awesome post I really enjoyed watching the video of you, Mrs Yollis, Panda and Bev. I have to say I was very impressed to see just how well Panda and Bev were behaving.

You and Mrs Yollis look so happy together.
    I am impressed you sure have been doing a fair bit of sight seeing.

I would love to visit the USA. My first stop I would love to meet up with Mrs Yollis and then travel to Disney Land. Then hopefully would love to meet up with Mrs Hembree.

Happy travels Mrs Morris.
    Please say g’day to Mrs Yollis from me.

From your pal,
    BB

• Dear BB,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog. Everyone misses Mrs Morris even Miss Jordan. It was nice to be able to skype her on the last day of term two.

It did look like Mrs Morris was enjoying her time with Panda and Bev and it was very good that they behaved while Mrs Morris was visiting so that means they like her there with them.

I would love to visit the USA also I would really enjoy visiting Mrs Yollis and have a little look at her classroom and meet her new students.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

2. Dear Mrs Morris,

Wow, what a wonderful post to sum up for your first week in the USA. I loved seeing all of the photos of your adventures so far.

Visiting Mrs Yollis’ classroom must have been terrific! It sounds like lunch at Royce’s house was a lot of fun, and it’s so nice that some other students were able to come and meet you.

I am so glad your presentation at ISTE went well with Mrs Yollis. I’m sure you inspired lots of teachers to start blogging. Without blogging, you and Mrs Yollis would never have met!

4KM and 4KJ loved skyping with you yesterday. It was so strange to see you on the other side of the world sitting right next to Mrs Yollis!

I hope you keep enjoying your time in the USA. Give Buck a pat for me. 🙂

Your friend,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. The photo’s of her time in the USA it looked like she was having a lot of fun with Mrs Yollis.

It must have been so much fun to see Mrs Yollis’s old students and they must of been so excited to see their blogging buddy in person.

The photo’s of the presention looked like it went really well and that is really good.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

• Dear Maddy,

Thank you so much for replying to some people for me. It means a lot as you know how busy I am over here!

I hope you get to visit the USA someday.

You are developing into an excellent blogger.

Keep it up,
        Mrs Morris

• Dear Mrs Morris,
          Thank you for replying to my comment to other bloggers. I am trying really hard to earn my own blog and also try to help other people when they are very busy. From that slide show it seems that you have been having a lot of fun over there. It is good that you presentation went well.

Well next year my family is taking a big hoilday over to USA and I might go past Mrs Yollis house.

From Maddy

• Dear Maddy,

I can see you’re trying to earn your own blog. Good on you! It will be fun to start more student blogs next term.

Lucky you, visiting the USA!

Best wishes,
            Mrs Morris

3. Dear Mrs Morris and Mrs Yollis,

I truly enjoyed reading this post for I felt like I was right there with you.

I, too enjoy your photos of you and Mrs Yollis and her class mascots. It was great seeing you sitting in Mrs Yollis classroom with Mrs Yollis.

This is what I feel is the best thing about blogging is you meeting up with your blogging pal and something that will last a life time.

Your trip has really given me the travel bug who knows hopefully one day.

I do know that BB and her dad want to visit Disney Land and Death Valley and I rather would like to see these places too.

Happy traveling Mrs Morris and a huge hug/hi to Mrs Yollis from me too!

Cheers,
    AA

• Dear AA,

Thank you for your comment.

I hope one day, you and your family get to visit the USA. I can definitely recommend Disneyland as I have been there before with Miss Jordan. Universal Studios was also excellent.

I’d love to visit Death Valley sometime too. Maybe on another trip to the USA!

It was so sad seeing goodbye to Mrs Yollis at the airport today. I’m sure you have already seen her blog post about our time together.

Best wishes,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear AA,
      Thank you for commenting on our class blog. Everyone really misses Mrs Morris and carn’t wait until she comes back and can teach us again.

It was nice of Mrs Morris to leave a post on the blog so we can all see how she is doing in USA.

From the vidio it looked like she was enjoying herself. It must of been so exciting for Mrs Morris to see her blogging buddy in person. It was very nice og Mrs Yollis to wecome her with bollons at the air port when they arrived.

It was good that Pana and Bev were behaving while Mrs Morris was in the classroom the must of been really excited as well. It must of been a lot of fun for her to meet all the old students in Mrs Yollis class.

It is really nice when people can meet up with friends excpecerly when you havn’t seen them in a long to or havn’t seen the in person yet it is a great feeling inside.

Disny land is a fun place to go. My fami9ly is going there next year and it is going to be so much fun but it will be fun coimg back home again that is the best part.

From Maddy

4. Kathleen,
    Welcome to the US of A. ISTE12 sounded fantastic. Did you meet Jenny Luca from Melbourne while in San Diego? I see you are off the NYC. Great city and know you and hubby will have a fabulous time. If by chance you ever visit San Antonio TX, I would be honored to be your tour guide. Safe travels and G’day.
    Your #1 Fan in San Antonio
    @rcantrell

• Hi Rich!

I was so pleased to see ISTE13 is in your home town. I would love to go but we’ll see I guess….it sure is a long way.

I actually did met Jenny but only very briefly. There were so many people to catch up with.

Hope you’re enjoying your summer. It sure is hot here in NYC so I can only imagine what it would be like in Texas.

Best wishes,
      Kathleen

• Dear @rcarntell,
      thank you for commenting on the blog. From the slideshow it sounds like she is having a wonderful time. It was nice of Mrs Yollis to to welcome her and Nate to the USA with bollons. I bet Mrs Morris loved that.

She has met alot of people over there some of the people are famous. I would be so excited to see famous people in person so Mrs Morris and Mrfs Yollis would of loved to see all the people.

I am very happy that the presentation went really well that is what she was hopping for.

Everyone in both classes aremissing Mrs Morris even though we are on hoildaysand we carn’t wait until she can teachus again. I bet Miss Jordan misses her as well.

From Maddy

5. Dear Mrs. Morris,

From your photos and video, it looked like you had a great time in the USA. I am sad that I was away and wasn’t able to meet you. I hope you will come back again soon. What was your favorite part of your visit (besides meeting all your blogging buddies)?

Enjoy your travels,
    Miriam

• Dear Miriam,

Thank you for your lovely comment.

I did tell Mrs Yollis that I was so disappointed that I couldn’t meet you and your lovely family. Hopefully one day!

Hmmm, my favourite part so far. That is a tough question. I want to say meeting your wonderful teacher and her lovely husband! I loved meeting your schoolmates too. Our day at Universal Studios was also very fun.

Happy travels!

Mrs Morris

• Dear Miriam,
      Thank you for commenting on the blog. It does look like she is having a good time in the USA. And it will be very sad for her to leave and come back to Australia but it also will be a happy moment because she is coming back home and she will see al of us again.

If I was Mrs Morris Iwould say my favourite part would be seeing all the different things they have in that country and compar it with our country.

From Maddy

6. Dear Mrs Morris,
    I love the post! 😆
    Buck is so cute! ♥
    And Harvey, so adorable 🙂

The views, beautiful. My favourite one was at the beach. I wish I was there in America!

Your student,
    Br♦onte 🙂 😉 :mrgreen:

• Dear Br♦onte,

Thanks for your great comment. Buck and Harvey both have a lot of personality and it was so fun to meet them both!

Best wishes,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear Bronte,
      Thank you for commenting on the blog. Mrs Morris did a great job on the post even though she was very busy. She is very nice to put a posat on so we know how she is doing in the USA.

Buck and Harvey areboth very cute and I can imagine in my my head that I was over there in the USA and patting Harvey and Buck.

The veiws were very relaxing and the beach loomked very nice and the water looked good to swim in itwould be nice if the whole two classes were there andthey could swim in the ocean.

From Maddy

7. @ Mrs Morris,

What a great post, it looks like you and Nate are having lots of fun. I’m very jealous that you got to meet Mrs Yollis, maybe next time she can come here to meet us all.

What has been your favourite attraction so far?

Hope you have fun in New York. Which other blogging buddies are you going to get to meet?

Happy blogging,
    Jealous Jarr☀d

• Dear Jealous Jarr☀d,

So great to hear from you!

Can you believe I visited Royce’s house? He is so nice in person and so is his mum and his sister. I hope you get to skype him again sometime.

I hope Mrs Yollis can come to Australia someday too.

I am hoping to meet Mr Avery and Mr Salsich this week although we are still working on our plans!

Best wishes,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear Jarrod,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. The post looks great even though Mrs Morris is very Busy over there in the USA. It was nice that 4KM and 4KJ could skype her on the last day of term two.

I think everyone in both classes wanted to meet Mrs Yollis and her old students in person. Mrs Morris is very lucky to meet Mrs Yollis and her students.

We all would be very lucky if Mrs Yollis came down here in Australia but I think she would have à great time and mybe

8. Hello Mrs Morris,

What a wonderful experience!

You were not only able to meet others you’ve known through blogs and share your tips on blogging at the conference, you were able to see some of the new trends in technology. That would have been a great experience.

Now I see you are in NY. I think I saw “The Lion King” in one theatre in the photo. I know many of your class would love to see that show on Broadway. 🙂

Keep having fun. I know the class will want all the details in the new term. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross,

It’s always great to hear from you.

ISTE was really fantastic. There were so many sessions and it was just busy from the moment you woke up until late at night! I did get some great ideas to use in my classroom.

The Lion King is fabulous. I remember seeing it a long time ago in Sydney. Maybe 2004? I am thinking about trying to get tickets for Jersey Boys (a man on the plane highly recommended it), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (it’s set in Australia) or Sister Act (I loved all the songs in the movie).

I hope you get a little blogging break while some schools are on their winter holiday.

Best wishes,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear Ross,
      Thank you for commenting on the blog.
      It looks likes she is haring à great time.I bet she misses everyone down here in Australia. She looked like she was enjoying herself wen 4KM and 4KJ skyped her on the last day of term two.

She has met alot of perple over in the USA but I think she met more people at the confence than she did wren she was shopping or something with Mrs Yollis in the photos in the slideshow It Sems like she made of lot friends and so did Mrs Yollis.

From Maddy

9. Dear Mrs Morris,

What a wonderful post about your trip in America so far. It looks and sounds like you are having a great time there.

It was good that you and Mrs Yollis got to meet face to face. Have you met Mr Salsich or Mr Avery yet?

I would love to visit America. By the sounds of things it is a great holiday place to go to. It would cost a lot of money though.

From your student,
    Skye

• Dear Skye,
      Thank you for commenting on the blog. She is a very nice teacher to put a blog post on the blog to know what she is up too. I bet she is enjoying herself alot and will be very happy to go back there one time.

It would be an amazing experiecne to meet all our blooging buddys face to face. It would be great if both classes got free tickets so we could meet them all.

It would be very nice to visit America for a hoilday it sounds like it is very entertaining and the beaches in the photos look like it is a place to go every day.

From Maddy

10. Pingback: ISTE 2012 – What an Experience! | Integrating Technology in the Primary Classroom

11. Dear Mrs Morris,
    I love your post.
    I love the fact that you are over seas at the USA.
    It looks like you are having a great time at the USA.

Here are some things I would love to do at the USA.
    -Meet Mrs Yollis and her class.
    -Go to Disney Land
    I don’t know much history about the USA so I would love to go to an USA museum.

Happy Holidays and keep safe,
    Hannah

• Dear Hannah,

Thanks for commenting!

You would certainly love it in the USA. Disneyland is so much fun! And Mrs Yollis and her students are lovely.

Happy holidays,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear Hannah,
      Thank you for commenting on the class blog.It does look like a good post and I think she put alot of effort into this post.

The facts are good because it is good when other people go to America they will know what to do there and where everything is.

These are some of the things I would do if I was in America.
      – To meet mrs yollis and class
      – To go in the water at the beach
      – To check out other states in America
      – To visit mr salsick and mr avery
      – And the museum to learn more about the usa

happy hoildays
      Maddy

12. Dear Mrs. Morris,
    It sounds like your having a great time! :mrgreen: I loved looking at all your photos.
    I wish I had come with you to America and I also heard you are now in NEW YORK city!:)
    Enjoy the rest of your stay!
    From your student,
    Lilli :mrgreen: 🙂

• Hi Lilli,

Thanks for your excellent comment. You’re becoming a great blogger too!

I hope you get to come to the USA one day.

Enjoy your holidays,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear Lilli,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. The photos really show that she is enjoying her time. It will be very nice for everyone when she comes back.

The photos she has taken would make lots of people visit and they will be very thankful that they took time off work to go on a hoilday.

I have always wanted to go to New York City it sounds like a lot of fun. When we go on our hoilday I hope we stop by New York.
      From Maddy

• Dear Lilli,
      Thank you for commenting on the blog. It does look like she is having a great time. She did take some good photos. If people saw those photos they would go to have a holiday in know time. They would say when they get there I’m so glad I took time off work.

I have always wanted to go to New York City one day. It sounds like New York is a great place to live .

13. Dear Mrs Morris,

What a fabulous post, I can’t believe you did this post on the other side of the world! 😀

I think your trip sounds amazing and you are going to do so much more there. I would really want to visit the U.S.A and I would do so many awesome things.

I think that Mrs yollis would be a great tour guide because she knows the place very well.

Now I have some questions for you,
    * What was your favorite thing on the trip so far?
    *Are you having fun in New York?
    AND…
    *Did you love meeting Mrs Yollis’ class?

See you after the hoildays,
    Jess 😆

• Hi Jess,

Thanks so much for your comment. I really enjoyed it!

To answer your questions, I am having a wonderful time in New York City. It is so hot and busy here! There is so much to do and see. Nate and I have been busy all day long.

So far, my favourite thing was meeting Mrs Yollis and my other blogging buddies.

Meeting Mrs Yollis’ class was so much fun! They are on summer holidays so it was good that we could meet at a student’s house.

See you after the holidays,
      Mrs Morris

• Dear Mrs Morris,

Thank you for replying to me and also saying that you enjoyed reading my comment.

Sounds like you are having a great time in New York City and I bet it would be very hot and busy.

I went to Chars party on Thursday and when we were driving it looked Like New York at night. It was so beautiful.

Meeting Mrs Yollis would be so amazing and also meeting all the other blogging buddies.

Did you actually get to go to a students house that must of been so awesome.

See you after the hoildays,
        Jess 😆

14. Dear Mrs Morris,

I think that this post is wonderful because it is also about one of our blogging budies.
    I thought that your trip was great, I wish that I was you!
    I would love to go to the USA because then I can show my parents what Mrs Yollis looks like in personal.

By for now see you soon,
    Eb♥ny

• Dear Eb♥ny,

Thank you so much for commenting on the 4KM and 4KJ blog!

I hope you get to go to the USA one day.

Enjoy your holidays,
      Mrs Morris

15. Dear Mrs. Morris,
    It was fun to read your post about being at ISTE and seeing your photos! I’ve been to Universal Studios before and loved seeing how they do all the special effects.
    Your presentation with Mrs. Yollis was one of my highlights of the convention. You have really contributed immensely to the growth of global blogging.
    I look forward to read about more collaborative projects in the future.
    Fondly,
    Mrs. Hembree

• Dear Mrs Hembree,

So nice to hear from you. It was wonderful to meet you in San Diego and I hope we can meet up again!

I loved seeing how they did all the special effects at Universal Studios too. Seeing how they train the animals to star in movies was also interesting.

Your friend,
      Mrs M☀rris

16. Pingback: Mrs Morris in the USA – Part Two | 4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School

what a wonderful poast.
    I wish I could of gone to America like Mrs Morris.
    but instead I am goind to thia land in two days.

I think Mrs Morris’s trip would be great.
    I wold love to go to the USA.

from,
    Thomas

18. Dear Mrs Morris

It sounds like you have been having a great trip in the U.S.A. I think that it must have been great to have met one of your blogging buddies Mrs Yollis and having the teacher conference would have been great because you would have inspired more teachers to use blogging in their classrooms.
    I think that it would be fun to take a trip to the U.S.A. I would probably want to go to N.A.S.A., look at a few of the movie studios and go shopping in all of the malls. I hope you have had a great time in the U.S.A

From your blogging buddy
    Alexandra, Room 24

• Dear Alexandra,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog! It was great. 🙂

Mrs Morris had a wonderful time in the USA and one of her highlights was meeting Mrs Yollis. Yes, I agree, Mrs Morris and Mrs Yollis probably did inspire teachers to use blogging in their class.

I would like to visit America and meet Mrs Yollis’ class and see all of the other cool things there is.

Skye (4KJ)

19. Dear Mrs Morris

I think that your trip was a once in a life time opportunity. When I’m older I want to travel all over the United States and Australia. Maybe I could visit you. If I was in the USA I would like to go and see the White House and play basketball with Barack Obama. I would also like to go to Disneyland and fly up in an helicopter and see the Statue of Liberty and have a picnic on her head, go and look at the aircraft history museums plus go on a heap of roller coasters.

Yours sincerely

Ben, Room 24

• Dear Ben,

Thanks for visiting our blog and leaving a magnificent comment!

I would love to go to the USA one day too. By the sounds of things it is a great place to go to. I would also want to go to Disneyland.

I love rollercoasters too. The spooky ones are really cool.

From Skye

20. Dear Mrs Morris

It must have been cool to meet Mrs Yollis since you’ve been blogging with for a while now. Did you know that the Statue of Liberty was a gift to New York from France. When I was on holiday my family and I went to theme parks like Knotts Berry Farm, Lego Land and lots more. I don’t know what I am looking to this term yet.

Sincerely
    Braedon, Room 24

21. Dear Mrs Morris

Your holiday sounds very interesting. I know that Alcatraz Prison in San Francisco held a famous criminal Al Capone, he was prisoned for 11 years because of heavy drug dealing and growing and he was a heavy gang member. Is there a zoo in Central Park? I didn’t do much in the holidays but I went to my friend’s house and we lit a camp fire in the backyard under adult supervision and we roasted marshmallows and I also went to the skate bowl with my friends.
    What was your most exciting visit while you were on your holiday?

Your blogging buddy
    Cody, Room 24

22. Dear Mrs.Morris

I think that your holiday sounds very exciting, and it must have been a great experience for you.
    I unfortunately don’t know much about where you visited, but I would like to find out a lot more about the culture and history of U.S.A.

In the holidays I went to Taupo where the huge Lake is. I stayed there for a night with my friends and then went up to Rotorua and stayed there for another night in a motel.
    The thing I am looking forward to the most this term is Extension Art. I am excited about this because I enjoy art and I would like to improve on my drawing skills.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday and best wishes for this term.

Your blogging buddy,
    Jodie, Room 24

23. Dear Mrs Morris

I think that looks like awesome fun and I think for me visiting universal studios would be the highlight of the trip. That must have been the coolest holiday ever.

I hate flying but if I went to the USA I would probably go to the theme parks heaps, and probably go shopping for Lego and Xbox games. I would also love to go to California because I’ve heard they have the best theme park there and apparently they do 4D movies there too.

From you blogging friend,
    Kellie, Room 24

24. Hello Mrs Morris

I think you are having a great holiday in U.S.A. On holiday my dad came to New Zealand, so we want to Rotorua (3days) and Auckland for 4 days. In Auckland we went spa and in home every day I go to E.I.T library and work for 5 hours. It was hard to do ,but it was easy to work because when I work in home it’s to noisy but E.I.T is very quiet to do my work.

From your blogger friend
    Ryeogeun, Room 24

25. Hi Mrs Morris

Wow you are lucky to go on a trip to the USA. Did you know that the statue of liberty was a gift from France? Did you know that the pentagon is in Washington DC? Did you know that New York is the biggest city in the world?

I went to sunrise hut on my holiday which is a 6km walk straight up and stayed the night. I also had my birthday party.

I am looking forward to cross country and mathletics this term. I am also looking forward to more blogging.

From your blogging friend
    Sam, Room 24

• Dear Sam,

Hi, I’m Skye from 4KJ.

Thanks for leaving a terrific comment on our blog!

Mrs Morris was very lucky to visit the USA. I want to visit the USA one day. Do you?

If you could go any place in the world where would it be?

Keep blogging,
      Skye

26. Pingback: Edublog Award Nominations | The Grade 3/4 Learning Legends @ Lonnie