The Tale Trail: From Start to End

We recently worked on a collaborative story telling project with five of our blogging buddy classes overseas.

What was this project? This project was called The Tale Trail. Six classes from around the world collaborated to write a story. Each week a different class was responsible for writing the next installment of the story and publishing it on their class blog. Read more about the project here.

Who was involved? 4KM and 4KJ, Mr Avery’s sixth graders, Mr Salsich’s third graders, Mrs Yollis’ third graders, Mrs McKenzie’s grade two and three class and Mrs Watson’s grade two and three class.

Why did we participate in this project? Writing stories is a lot of fun, and the opportunity to write a story with students from different countries was an offer we couldn’t refuse! A big thank you to Mr Avery for coming up with this terrific idea and inviting us to join in.

***********************

4KM and 4KJ wrote the conclusion to the story a couple of weeks ago. Since then, all classes have made voice recordings of their part of the story. It has been put together using SlideRocket. Press the play button on the slideshow below, and use the arrows to view each slide. Tip: View the slideshow in full screen by pressing the icon on the bottom right hand corner.

We hope you enjoy listening to The Tale Trail!

We loved being part of this project with our blogging buddies. Hopefully we can collaborate in more fun ways in the future!

What did you think of the slideshow?

What interesting vocabulary did you learn from this story?

38 thoughts on “The Tale Trail: From Start to End

1. Dear 4KJ and 4KJ,

I loved the tale trail it was a great idea.

I loved the slide and also the drawings.

Grumbled came to me as an interesting word and polished.

I would love to do another project with people from all around the world again.

See you soon,
    Clancy 🙂 😉

• Dear Clancy,
      Thank you for commenting on the blog. The Tale Trail is a great connection with our blogging buddys event though we won’t see them until August/Sepetember.

To see everyones talent was very entertaining. It shows you how much effort they put into their work. Some were one topic which I like.

Their were a lot of interseting words through out the story. Their are very good words in the grade two and three classes because their younger thaneveryone else they are doing a great job with their spelling

From your class mate
      Maddy :mrgreen:

2. Hi guys,

I really love this post, because you put all the Tail Trail parts together so people can look at them on the one post.

When I watched the slide show I just wanted to watch it all over again. I found so many interesting words in the slide and I actually learnt some new words.

I can only remember one word in the slide show and that word was flickered. I hardly ever see that word and sometimes I forget what it means. But I do know what it means, flickered means that the light flickered and it was going on and off really quickly.

See you soon,
    Jess 😆

• Dear Jess,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. The Tale Trail was realy fun to do with our blogging buddys. I am very sad that I couldn’t get to help you guys with the ending of the story.

It was very interesting to see the story come together and it was very fun to watch the story put together and it put my mind back when we were desiding which story to chose.

It is amazing how many interesting words were in the story most of them were came from the grade two and threes.

• Dear Maddy,

Thankyou for replying to me,you are great at blogging!

I also think it was really fun doing the Tail Trail with our blogging buddys. It was a great experience for us.

I also can’t believe we did the Tail Trail chosing so long ago, it feels like it was just yesterday.

I really enjoyed reading all the classes stories and hearing ours come into place.

See you soon,
        Jess 😆

The Tale Trail was a really good idea.

I bet everyone enjoyed it.Well so far in the slide show I have loved it there is lots of puncsuasion in all the writing.

The pictures are really nice and colourful.

I hope everyone liked it,
    from your blogging buddy,
    Thomas

What a wonderful post! It is a great idea to put the story together. There was a lot of parts to the story. I thought the slideshow was a great idea to have in this post! 😀

Some of the words I thought were good were:
    ♦ Exclaimed
    ♦ Darted
    ♦ Lurched
    ♦ Sprawled
    ♦ Curiously

The alliteration was great, it made the story more interesting. It also helped make a picture in your mind.

Skye

I loved the slideshow!
    Even though I havent listend to it all.
    The vocabulary I learnt was cloabbtive, grumbeled, investigate and lerched.Of course I new most of them, but some of them just sounded new to me!

Well know I should write a new paragraph, but I have no-one to reaply to and no more questions to answer.

Iesha 😛

• Dear Ieasha ,
      Wow you must have liked the sliderocket
      I hope you had a favorite part and my is all of it hope you have fun
      from brooklyn

I loved the slide show, it puts it all together.
    Then it’s a lot more easier to read instead of going to each blog and reading each post.

The pictures are really really good, espiecialy the one on page seventeen. And about all the voices were very clear. 🙂

Your friend,
    Bronte 😆 😛

7. Dear Everyone
    Wow lots of effort in this post
    I liked the slide show it was cool and the recordings didn’t have any feedback or fuzzing whitch is good and I learnt lots of new Adjectives
    (describing words)in the story too
    and I hope to do more global colaboration projects in the future

from your class mate
    James 😯

• Dear James,

Wow that was a good comment, James.

In that story I learned some new adjectives. What were some adjectives you learned? I learned voilently and lots more but it would go for ages.

From your friend,
      Emily

The tale trail was quite fun. I like the way everyone collaborated and did their bit to make this work. Mr Avery’s sixth graders, Mr Salsich’s class , Mrs Yollis’ class, Mrs McKenzie’s class and Mrs Watson’s class. It was pretty fun seeing the whole story come together.
    Time to go,
    Olivia :0 😉 🙂

What a great post! I thoroughly enjoyed the Tale Trail, because it was a great opportunity to collaborate really well. It was fun working with Mr Avery’s, Mr Salsich’s, Mrs Yollis’, Mrs McKenzie’s and Mrs Watson’s class. I loved the Tale Trail and hope we can do it again some time.

The SlideRocket was very good. It was cool to see the Tale Trail put together as one big story. It was very well read, Millie!

Some interesting words I liked in the Tale Trail were:
    ♥ Gobsmacked.
    ♥ Lurched.
    ♥ Sprawled.
    ♥ Curiously.
    ♥ Flickered.

I really loved the pictures, they were so detailed and bright. Once the story was put together, it sounded absolutely wonderful. It was so detailed, I could picture a really good picture in my head.

Liv 🙂

I quite enjoy this story, I also quite enjoy the part were it says ‘Buy a booK!’.
    I hope you make some otger stories.

And that’s all for now,
    Tara (Brontes’ sister. 🙂

• Dear Tara,

My name is Liv and I am in Bronte’s class this year.

Thank you so much for your fabulous comment. We love hearing from family members, always.

I love this story too! I enjoy collaborating with other classes all over the world so I really thought this was a wonderful project. I too, hope we can do it again sometime soon!

Liv 🙂

• @ Tara,

Thank you so much for your fabulous comment! We love to hear from family members, always. Does your class have a blog?

I too love this story! I enjoy collaborating with classes all around the world so I thought this was a wonderful idea for a project. I hope too, we can do another project or Tale Trail another time.

Talk soon,
      Liv 🙂

What a great post!

I really enjoyed The Tail Trail. Reading the other class’ parts of the story was really interesting.

At the start I chose that topic for the story and I was really happy when I found out it was the one with the most votes.

In class I thought hearing the other student’s ideas was really interesting aswell. All of the ideas that wearn’t put in the story were still very creative.

Some interesting words I found in the story are:
    ♦Muffled
    ♦Motionless
    ♦Mysterious
    ♦Spacious

From your friend,
    Sophie

I am a teacher in Connecticut. I have been following The Tale Trail project to tell other teachers about it. I teach a course to teachers. I am pleased to see that you now have a video recording of the tale completed with all the classes reading their part of the story. What an amazing experience for everyone involved. You should be proud of the connections you have made with classes all over the world, the imaginativeness of your story, your commitment throughout to add your part of the story, and the overall finished product with the text and pictures and now the video recording. I can’t stop bragging to others about the amazing accomplishments of all of you. I hope you keep up writing stories, writing on blogs, connecting with people all over the world, and using Web tools like Slide Rocket. Your accomplishments are a significant contribution to global collaboration and storytelling.

I really enjoyed making the Tail Trail it was so fun. I have a lot of favourite parts but if I had to choose one it would be when Max gets traped in a cage and Tiffany saves him. I hope we can do it again some time with our blogging buddy friends.

And the slide show was awseme too. Mr Avery’s class’s drawings were great. Some interesting vocabulary I saw in the story were:
    ♦ approached
    ♦ wackiest
    ♦ darted
    ♦ lurched
    ♦ drenched

They came to me as some interesting words like lurched and drenched.

Thats all for now.

Bye!

Indi :mrgreen: 😛 🙂

14. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

The audio presentation of your collaborative Tale Trail book was very interesting. It’s an excellent way to finish of this shared story.

I hope you all enjoy your upcoming school holidays and aren’t missing Mrs Morris too much. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

15. Dear 4km and 4kj,
    My name is Mr. L, and I am a teacher from Ballarat North (BNPS). I loved the Tale Trail; It was very interesting. Did you enjoy writing it?
    I loved it so much that I showed it to my class. They’re going to leave some comments about it too. I think they liked it!
    From Mr. L

• Dear Mr L,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our class blog! I am Sophie and I am in 4KJ.

I agree with you, The Tail Trail was very interesting. I did enjoy writing The Tail Trail. It was interesting to listen to other people’s ideas when we were brainstorming.

From your new blogging buddie,
      Sophie

• Dear Mr. L,

Thanks for your awesome comment on our blog. It’s nice to hear from different teachers around Australia and in fact the entire world!

I’m glad you liked The Tail Trail. it ws very interesting. I think the SlideRocket was a great way to show the whole story. We definitely had fun writing our part of the story and reading the other grades’ part of the story.

We would be glad to hear from some of your students. I hope they liked The Tail Trail as much you did.

From your new blogging buddy,
      Millie (4KJ)

16. Dear 4km and 4kj,
    my name is Till.I am a grade 2 at BNPS.
    I thort the tale trail was perfet.
    my favourite part was when tiffany pressed the green, button and
    fell down the hole.From Till

17. To 4km and 4kj
    My name is Harry and i am a grade 2 from BNPS.
    I realy engoed the Tail trail.
    I thought it was tottaly rad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought the time macine was the best, but it was all realy cool!!!
    How did you asembl the tail trail?
    From Harry

18. Dear 4km and 4kj,
    My name is sam and I am a grade 2 from BNPS.
    I liked your store The Tale Trail.My favourite part was when
    Tiffine fale down the trap door.The Tale Trail was rad as!!!!!!!!

19. dear 4km and 4kj,
    My name is amber.I am a grade two from BNPS.
    I thort the story was good.
    My favourite part was when tiffany pressed the green
    button and she fell down the hole.
    From amber.

20. to 4km and 4kj,
    my name is harry I am a grad 1.
    from bnps I liket wen the trap door kam
    did uo like writing it
    from harry.

21. To 4km and 4kj
    My name is Joshua i am a grade 2 from Bnps. That was a cool my farit pert was when they climed up the latter . The orther perts was funy . how did you clime up the latter?
    From Joshua .

22. To 4km and 4kj,
    My name is Brandon and I em a grade 2 from BNPS.
    I loved the story that you made.
    My favorite prt was when Tefny fell.
    From Brandon w.

23. Dear 4km and 4kj,
    My name is cooper and i am a grade 1 from BNPS.
    I riley liked the tale trail. My favret pearte was wen tifeny posht the green buten.
    From coop

24. Dear 4km and 4kj
    my name is Hailee I am a grade 2 from BNPS.I loved your Tale
    Trail because it had lots of colours. My favourite prat was the
    holl thing
    from Hailee

25. Dear 4km and 4kj
    My name is xan i am a grade2 from BNPS.
    I like your tale trail and it was asoume .
    My favourite part is when Tiffny pressed the green butin isatp the
    red butin
    from xanda

26. To 4km and 4kj,
    My name is Zack and I am a grade 1 from BNPS. I fic your story was good.My favourite part was the start.
    from zack

27. Dear BNPS students,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. It was really thoughtful of you.

We enjoyed writing the Tale Trail and reading the other bloggers’ parts of the story. We are glad you liked it.

If you were to write a Tale Trail, what topic would you choose to write about?

From your blogging buddies,
    Millie and Skye