Family Blogging Month Winners Announced!

During May, the students in 4KM and 4KJ have been trying hard to get all their families and friends involved in our class blog.

We had a competition called May is Family Blogging Month where we used a chart to record how many comments we were receiving from the students’ families and friends.

It was fantastic that we had lots of mums, dads, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins and family friends comment on our blog!

Today is the last day of May so the winners were announced. Congratulations…

Sophie and Becky each won a $30 voucher for Godfathers on Leopold Pizza and Pasta Restaurant and some lollies and chocolate for dessert!

We had around 800 comments on our blog during May. Wow!

Now that the competition is over, we still hope that many friends and families of the students in 4KM and 4KJ will continue to visit our blog regularly!

We would like to say a BIG thank you to Godfathers Restaurant in Leopold for kindly donating the two vouchers. Sophie and Becky will enjoy a delicious dinner with their families to celebrate!

What did you think about our “May is Family Blogging Month” challenge?

Do you have any ideas for other challenges we could have later in the year?

What is your favourite type of pizza or pasta?

40 thoughts on “Family Blogging Month Winners Announced!

1. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,

Great work Sophie and Becky for winning Family Blogging Month. I hope you have a nice dinner with your family at Godfathers.

from paige 🙂

• Dear Page,
      Great comment.

I think Becky and Sophie did a great job on winning the family blogging month. I hope our family members keep going on the blog.

Happy blogging,
      Hannah

• Dear Hnnah,
        Thank you for your commrent.I do agreed that same of our parents will still be able to commrent.

From your sister Becky.

• Sorry I didn’t finish my comment.

As I was saying, It must of been hard for you both to win because we have conpetertive commenters in both classes. Lots of people wanted to win this comp so they stuck thier family members in it.

From Maddy :mrgreen: 😆

• Dear Maddy,

Wow! Great comment. You are such a quality blogger.

I agree, they both worked very hard and deserve to win this fabululous competition.

I’m sure Soph and Becky will enjoy their prizes and have a nice family dinner at Godfathers.

Liv 🙂

• Dear Liv S,
          Thank you for replying to my comment. You are a very godd commenter and I’m shore you do itn with your blog as well.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

Wow what a great post I had fun too! even know I didn’t win I know Family blogging month is over but I just wanted to say it was very fun also good job to Becky and Sophie if I’m in your class next year I will all always comment and try to win family blogging month

from

shakira’s B :mrgreen:

• Dear Shakira’s B,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. It is great that you had fun in the comp and I’m shore your family did aswell. Your a great sportsman if you didn’t care if you didn’t win because there is aways next time.

It’s nice of you to leave lots of comments next year other people can win. Mybe you will be in Mrs Morris or Miss Jordan’s class next and your family might help you win the prize.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

What a great post!’May is Family Blogging Month’ was lots of fun! Great job to Becky for winning in 4KM!

I would also like to thank Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris for getting Becky and I a block of chocolate, a bag of lollies and a $30 Godfathers vocher. You are very kind!♥

My favourite types of pizza are garlic and barbeque chicken!

From your blogging buddie,
    Sophie:lol:

• Dear Soph,

First of all, three cheers for yourself and Becky! CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve this, and you worked very hard to get there. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your great prize!

Great comment! Your comments are quality comments, your most recent post about holiday destinations is great. You sure are an outstanding blogger! I look forward to your next great post!

Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are very, very generous to give you such nice prizes. Sam from Godfathers was also very kind to give the thirty dollar giftcard.

I too quite like barbeque chicken, but my ultimate favourite is Hawaiian, I also like Aussie.

Your friend,
      Liv 🙂

• Dear Liv,

Thanks for the reply! You are truly a great blogger! Thanks for all the nice compliments!

I am glad you think my post is great! Yes, Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are very generous to give Becky and I such a great prize! I would like to thank Sam for arranging the giftcards!

I don’t like Hawaiian because I don’t like pinapple, but I do like Aussie!

From your friend,
        Sophie

• Dear Soph,

Wow, what a quality comment from Soph again. You are always leaving great comments. We are having a good conversation, aren’t we? I love having conversations to keep in touch.

Yes, I am truly honest, your post is oustanding. I think it’s great because you are telling people about you, and then they tell you about them. I think blogging is a great way to keep in touch. Just like we are now!

Family Blogging Month was so much fun. I think it is a great idea for a blogging challenge because it gets all family members involved.

You’re the same as my sister, my sister, Bon hates pineapple too. I think I like pineapple more than pineapple juice.

Your friend,
          Liv 🙂

4. Hi 4kj and 4km,
    Well done Sophie and Rebekah, Its been fun for our family during the May blogging month and enjoyed hearing and seeing what is going on at school,both teachers have created a fun way for the students to interact and talk about whats going on at school even when they are at home.
    Enjoy your blogging and thanks for sharing it with us.

• Sorry I didn’t finish my comment.

As I was saying,
      Thanks for commenting on our blog.
      I bet it was a very fun month for your family, and friend. Also I BIG thanks again for participating in the Family Blogging Month!
      Here are some questions for you:
      What is your favorite type of pizza?

Would you like to do Family Blogging Month again soon?

Happy Blogging.
      Your pal,
      Libst@r :mrgreen:
      Would you like to do family blogging again soon?

Happy Bl

• Dear Matt,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog even though the Family Blogging Mounth comp is finished. You and your family did a wonderful job you or your family left a comment on the blog every day so you deserve it a lot.

Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan do a lot of fun things with us but at the same time we learn something new or get better at the things we know.

Enjoy Maddy 😆

First of all I wish Soph and Becky the best for winning May is Family Blogging Month. You both worked very hard and deserved your fantastic prizes.

Wow! This is a great post. I’m sure Soph and Becky will enjoy their reward.

I think May is Family Blogging Month is a great challenge because it gets family members involved. Then, family members stay involved. It’s great for the parents to see what we are up to. I loved May is Family Blogging Month. I sure hope we can do another Blogging Month.

My favourite type of pizza would probably have to be Hawaiian. I also quite like Aussie. What’s your favourite?

Liv 🙂

• Dear Liv S,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. It is very kind of you for wishing them the best. They both did a very good job. And I bet they worked hard to win this comp. It was very close in our grade between Maha and Becky so well done to all three of them.

I agree with you it is a great challange so people that have never commented before can learn and have fun..

Got to go
      Maddy 😆

• Dear Maddy,

Thanks for a fantastic reply. You are such an outstanding blogger. We are having good little conversations, aren’t we?

Yes, they would of worked very hard to win this competition, it’s a great memory to win such a fantastic thing. I hope we can do Family Blogging Month again. If we do, maybe we will get even more than 800 comments.

I agree, it’s a great challenge for family and family friends to learn how to comment. I’m so glad we’ve got such wonderful teachers to teach us so much. Blogging especially!

Liv 🙂

6. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,
    Wow what great post Miss Jordan! I can see you put a lot of effort into this post. Congratulations to Becky and Sophie, you both did a great job. Becky and Sophie are going to definantly enjoy that chOlate and lollies AND the GodFathers $30 gift voucher.

Hope you have a great time all of you!

Happy Blogging.
    Your pal,
    Libst@r :mrgreen:

7. Dear Libby,
    Thankyou for the reply, I shared the chocolates with my family last night and everyone enjoyed it. I know we will enjoy the lollies too.And I am going to love the Godfathers food when I use the voucher.I hope everyone enjoyed the blogging month.
    From your blogging buddy Becky.

• @ Becky,
      Thanks for replying to my comment!
      It’s great that everyone in your family enjoyed the chocolates, I bet if I won, my family would have gobbled them up and when I got back there’d be no more left!

I had a great time, the Family Blogging Month was amazing it’s great that we had a lot of ClustrMap visitors because of Family bogging month. If Mrs. Morris and Miss. Jordan teach grade 5 or 6, and we’re in it, I would defiantly be looking forward to the Family Blogging Month, if it happens.

Here is a question for you:

When are you going to use your Godfathers Pizza & Pasta voucher, what do you think you will get and what’s your favourite type of pizza or pasta?

Happy Blogging.
      Your pal,
      Libst@r

CONGRATULATIONS, Sophie and Becky! For winning “Family Blogging Month.”

I hope we can do it again because I really enjoyed it, even though I didn’t win.

From Lilli 😆

• Dear Lilli,

Wow! I was blown away with what a great quality comment you wrote. You are such an outstanding blogger.

Yes, CONGRATULATIONS! To Sophie and Becky. You both deserve this great win. Soph and Becky are fabulous bloggers, aren’t they?

I really hope we can do it again too. Even if we don’t win, it is still loads of fun.

My favourite pizza would have to be Hawaiian, but I also like Aussie. What is your favourite pizza?

Liv 🙂

9. Congrats Sophie and Bek and all the students of 4KM and 4KJ! Wow 800 comments in May is a lot!

We are starting a family blogging challenge as well. Do you have any tips for us?

Sophie and Bek might have some secrets up their sleeves to pass onto our classes.

Thanks and Enjoy your meals at Godfathers.
    Mrs Murphy
    Learning Legends @ Lonnie

10. Dear Sophie and Becky,

Congratulations on receiving the most comments from family and friends. I know how hard it can sometimes be to get comments or find the time to write them. The prizes? Wow, I think I’d like them too.

Dear 4KM and 4KJ,
    Your questions…

I think the Family Blogging Month is a brilliant idea. It not only boosts awareness of what’s going on in class, it’s fun. ☺

For pizza, my favourite would be saté chicken. My choice for pasta is very Garfield-ish, i.e. lasagne.

Mmmm… let’s see… Some possible ideas… Some would be harder to do than others.

Comments and responses – see how many times you receive a response to comments you leave on other blogs, not just in your class but with blogging buddy classes. You not only reinforce

Continuous story – You start a story, send a request to a friend to add the next part of the story and ask them to ask a friend to continue to story and so on to see where it leads. (Something like your recent shared story)

Write your own creative story as a post and invite blogging buddies to illustrate your story. See how many illustrations you can collect then share them on a new post.

A Reading – Record yourselves taking turns to read parts of a favourite book then share the reading with the world. If you want to share the book and have problems with copyright, have the class write and illustrate your own original book.

Riddle or Puzzle challenge – You create some sort of puzzle or riddle then invite people to leave a comment as their solution within a given time. You then recognise the first correct answer or closest answer in a post. See who comes up with the most creative or most responses.

Art challenge – Ask people to provide a coloured drawing (scanned or created on a computer). Use them to create a shared collage using a graphics program or by printing them if ink use is okay.

Keep blogging,
    @RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

What a wonderful post!
    A big well done to Sophie and Becky!
    I hope you have a great dinner at Godfathers.

My favourite pizza would have to be hawian.
    I also love (for paster,)cabernaer.

For the Family blogging month I should of got more family members to leave a comment.
    I just forgot everything about it!

Well I must go!

Iesha :mrgreen: 😀 😛

First a big congratulations to Sophie and Becky.

I love the idea of our May is Family Blogging Month challenge and all of my family loved leaving comments so that is great.

I do have an idea for something else in the year so here it is a challenge that all of our students do and we have to identify all types of little bits of photos and see who ever can get the most and the the people who do get a prize.
    I think it should go for about a month or so.

My favourite type of pizza is B.B.G chicken it is so YUMMY but if not that it would probably be Hawian pizza that is all so YUMMY!

Thanks for a great post to comment on,
    Your student,
    Clancy 😉 🙂

13. Hi guys,

Wow what a fantastic post. I really love the idea of May is family blogging month.

Also well done to Sophie and Becky for winning the May is family blogging month challenge they both did a fantastic job.

My favourite type of pizza flavour would have to be Aussie and BBQ. I like those flavours because they are really yummy I want to eat them all day but I wont.

See you soon,
    Jess 😆

14. Dear Sophie and Becky,

Sterling effort girls.

It is good that both of you won but Becky gets to share the God Fathers Pizza or Pasta with Hannah, so Hannah was also triumphed in the compitition.

I hope the meal is as delectible as I understand since I have got friends that have gone there and told me how appetizing it is.

My preffered pizza is the stunning Magerita and my chosen Pasta is Tombiline and Mums special sauce.

From your blogging buddy Trent.

15. Dear Becky,

stupendous accomplishment Becky.

What is your cherished Pizza and Pasta?
    Since I have never been to godfathers Pizza and Pasta, if you have gone can you tell me what it is like. Is it delectable, mouthwatering,superb or just plain YUM!

What type of PIZZA or PASTA are you going to gorge at when you go?

When are you going to check in to get your awesome meal.

How big of a acknowlage Sam for granting the cool voucher to you to have a admirable eving meal with your loving and caring family.

I hope you enjoy your meal.

From, Trent

16. hello everybody! 😀
    i just came on to say congratulations to becky and sophie! 😉
    i hope you make good use of your prizes! (if you eat to much then i’ll be taking the chocolate thankyou very much) 😮
    from sam, signing out

• Dear Sam,

Thankyou for leaving a comment on our blog! 🙂
      Sorry we already ate the chocolate! Thankyou for aranging the gift vouchers! We will definetly enjoy them!

From your good mates,
      Sophie and Becky

17. Hi 4KM and 4KJ
    I would like to say congratulations to becky and sophie I can picher your list and i can see you would only mess one day but you could have not miss a day

18. Pingback: Have you visited ….? | Tasmanian Blogs

19. Pingback: Guest Post by Becky: BMX Racing | 4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School

Last year I was the winner for May is family bogging month. I was realy happy when I haerd that Miss Jordan siad that I had won. I won a voucher for Godfathers and some lollies too. But I did not win any chocolate for dessert I bet that the chocolate tasted realy yummy.

I love how Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris thought of that so well. The prizes were realy cool!
    My favourite pizza is aussie yum.

From Ebony
    P.S I tottaly love bogging

21. Pingback: Guest Post by Sophie: Swimming | 4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School

22. Dear mrs Morris and miss Jordan,
    You may not remember me but it is Georgia from last year. My favourite pizza is BBQ chicken and garlic pizza. I think you should have a smelling contest were you have to smell a food and try and guess it.
    . regards,
    Georgia:-P

• Dear Georgia,

Of course I remember you from last year! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by the 4KM and 4KJ blog, it’s nice to hear from you.

Yum, I like the sound of BBQ chicken and garlic pizza.

That is an interesting idea for a contest. You could even do that at home with your family!

Happy holidays,
      Miss Jordan