The Tale Trail – Part Six (Conclusion)

Three weeks ago we launched our latest global project.

The Tale Trail is a collaborative story telling project. We worked with five of our blogging buddy classes to compose a story.

We voted on the topic of the story and the winner was “An underground tunnel is found under the school. It takes you to…”

The story so far

Part one: Mr Salsich’s class blog (Connecticut, USA). Find it here.

Part two: Mrs Yollis’ class blog (Los Angeles, USA). Find it here.

Part three: Mrs McKenzie’s class blog (New Zealand). Find it here.

Part four: Mr Avery’s class blog (Massachusetts, USA). Find it here.

Part five: Mrs Watson class blog (Sointula, Canada). Find it here.

This week it is our turn to conclude the story. This was no small task. The students had so many different and wonderful ideas!

4KM and 4KJ’s conclusion to the story

From a distance, Tiffany watched in despair as the golden cage landed with a thud over her friend. The Two Headed Rattlesnake and the Jolly Giant laughed with glee, thinking they had another victory under their belt. To celebrate, the evil pair grabbed all the blue cotton candy and walked away, bragging about the success of their plan.

Tiffany stared in disbelief as their chance for freedom disappeared in front of her eyes. What would she do without that cotton candy?

With only the evil Benjamin Franklin for company, Tiffany did not know what to do. She needed help from something or someone. Tiffany could hear Max whimpering and knew it was up to her to find a solution.

Feeling helpless, Tiffany wandered away, hoping she would think of some way to rescue her friend and return to school. Her mum was cooking roast chicken for dinner and she did not want to miss out on her favourite meal!

Wanting to steer clear of the frightening Franklin, Tiffany dawdled over to a row of stalls that she hadn’t noticed before.
A sign saying “Sylvestor’s Secondhand Books” caught her eye. Tiffany had always loved reading and despite her current predicament, couldn’t resist exploring the stall.

Hidden amongst some old children’s books, Tiffany noticed a bulky hardback covered in cobwebs. She began to curiously turn the pages and was astounded to realise that the book was a biography about one … Benjamin Franklin.

Suddenly, Tiffany realised this was a sign. This was the key to freedom. She raced back out to the ferris wheel to confront her captor.

Overcome with a new found confidence, Tiffany shouted up to the cackling Franklin, “Listen to me, Benjamin, you need to know what you’re really like. Evil does not suit you!”

Benjamin paused mid-cackle and listened intently to the brave Tiffany. She read out page after page of all Benjamin’s achievements centuries ago from his biography. There were many references to his kindness, such as how he gave his inventions away to help mankind. Benjamin Franklin was a man with many strong virtues.

Shock washed over Benjamin’s face and something changed in his heart. He wanted to assist this girl and her poor friend. Benjamin realised that helping other people is a gift and he felt totally ashamed of his recent behaviour.

“I’m coming for you, Max,” Benjamin announced as he leapt from the ferris wheel.

“Finally, I’m free!” Max exclaimed when Benjamin opened the cage with the key he wore around his neck.

Max and Tiffany hugged with relief. It was finally time to go home.

“Hurry along, we’ve got to get you back to class,” exclaimed Benjamin, “I know the way.”

Making their way back through the tunnel, Tiffany and Max could not stop talking about their adventure. Benjamin Franklin was so happy that these young children had helped him to rediscover his true self. Dr Drakken’s unfortunate mishap with the time machine was reversed. Benjamin looked forward to finding Dr Drakken and making amends after he returned his new friends to class.

“Our teacher is never going to believe where we’ve been,” announced Tiffany. “We’re going to get an A on our next history project,” added Max as he stared in disbelief at the iconic figure from another time. This was a school day like no other.

Thank you to our illustrators Adam, Bronte, Emily and Max.

What did you think of our ending?

How would have you ended the story?

What did you think of The Tale Trail? What was your favourite part?

30 thoughts on “The Tale Trail – Part Six (Conclusion)

1. WOW! What a great story you have all put together! Lots of interesting paragraph starters, awesome interesting language, a great climax to the tale and a strong ending. All in all, a wonderful read and a super effort! I look forward to the next instalment….

• Dear Kimberley Rivett,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. I agree with you they did an excerlent job on the end of the story. Pity I wasn’t there to see them making the end of the story because they did a great job.

Maddy :mrgreen:

What a wonderful post and I loved hearing how the Tail Trail all got solved. I thought Tiffany was very brave to stand up to Benjamin Franklin. 😀

Well done Emily, Adam, Bronte and Max. There were a lot of great words in there!

I thought the ending was a very happy and interesting ending. I hope Tiffany enjoyed her yummy roast chicken! 😉

I would end the story similar to what the rest of my class thought. It would have been cool to find out what Benjamin Franklin did after he led Max and Tiffany out of the tunnel. ❓

I thought it was funny how it said in the story that Tiffany didn’t want to miss out on her favourite meal, roast chicken. That bit was one of my favourite parts.

Skye

3. Pingback: Mrs. Watson's 2/3 Class » The Tale Trail- Part 5

4. Dear 4Km and 4KJ
    B4 enjoyed your happy ending.
    We liked the word choices you used in the story, such as ‘chance for freedom disappeared’; ‘frightening Franklin’; ‘despite her current predicament, couldn’t resist exploring the stall’.

Tarris liked when Tiffany told Benjamin Franklin about his life.
    Nathan liked when it ended and they got back to school because they got out of the cave and they didn’t have to break through any more doors!
    Stevie liked when Tiffany was thinking about the roast chicken!

Thank you for an exciting ending.
    Maybe there will be a next story in the series sometime!

bye for now
    B4 in New Zealand

• @ Mrs. McKenzie and B4,
      Thanks for your comment!
      I have read the Tale Trail post but didnt have time to comment because it was past my Bedtime.

Stevie had the same favourite as I did!

Happy Blogging.
      Your new pal,
      Libst@r (4KM)

Wow what a great post about the final story of
    the under ground tounl.I liked
    the ending part and the pictures looked amazing too!

from

shakira :mrgreen:

6. Dear 4KM and 4KJ ,
    I think the end was Very good now that there safe
    I think there All great but I would have end it with they got back just in time for dinner and max and tiffainy told there mum and dad the whole story but a special Thank you to Bronte,Emily,Adam and max you are great illustrators
    from broooklyn

I loved doing the last part of the Tail Trail!
    I also wish that we could maybe do another one 🙂

It was a wonderful idea to do the Tail Trail, I’ve completly forgotten who made it up 😳

I was one of the illustrators for the last part of the story. My picture was the second one ‘Sylvestors second-hand book store’. If you could’nt see what the posters said in the background, they said “Read till 1999!” and “Buy books for less” .

Your friend,
    Bronte :mrgreen: 👿 🙂

What a great story!
    I love everything about it!
    It makes me want to read it again. 😛
    I thimk our ending is great.

I would of ended the story wear benjaman drops the key, they grab the cotten candy and return it to Dr.Dreaken and go back to school, but they were daydreaming!

Iesha :mrgreen::grin:

• Dear Iesha,

I like your idea of how the ending should have ended.My favourite part is Mr Avery’s part.They were good drawers.Same with Emily Max Adam and Bronte.There drawings were great too.

It makes me want to eat it again aswell.
      I hope we will get to do it again some time.

Got to go!

From your best friend,
      Indi 😆

I really loved your part of the Tale Trail. When I started reading it from Mr Salsich’s part to your part I never wanted it to end. My favorite part was when Benjamin Franklin was brought back from the past and became mean. I would end the story the same way you would because you did it so good. My mom and dad will send an email to all of my family members to read the whole thing. What did you think of your work?

Curiously,
    ♥Ell♥e♥

• Dear Ellie,

Thanks for your comment on our blog. I really liked this part of the story to.

My favourite part of the story would be, when they had to go back to the ferris wheel where the evil Benjamin Franklin traps Max in a golden cage and Tiffany finds a book about him and realises his real past.

Thomas

10. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    I loved it. 🙂 🙁
    I thought it was great.

My ending would be they live happily ever after :devil: 👿

I think the Tale Trail was a great idea.My favourite part was the ending.
    From Becky

11. Dear

Hi everyone wow we did a great job with the ending of the tale trail and I really like the pictures for the tale.
    I think the end is the hardest part of the tale trail.
    I hope to do more global projects in the future
    (because their really fun!)

from your friend
    James 😯

12. Wow, what a fabulous global project! Such an interesting way to collaborate and tell a story, the ending had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn’t stop reading! Roast chicken is a favourite in our house so i’m glad that Tiffany didn’t miss out. Well done to everyone involved!
    Bye for now
    Katy x

• Dear Katy ,
      Wow I was Like that too. I was reading Every story and I loved it Here is some Qustions
      what is your favriot part of the story ?
      What Did you like about the end part the most?
      well hope you come on our blog soon
      From your New Buddy ,
      Brooklyn

13. I like it when stories have lots of input from different parties it always makes an interestin read well done from Hannah and Beckies Brother Dylan.

Wow! This is a fantastic conclusion for the Tale Trail. I really liked how well it was written. Well done, Bronte, Emily, Adam and Max, the pictures were outstanding.

I really enjoyed the Tale Trail because it’s always lots of fun collaborating with other classes around the world. It’s a great way to keep in touch, we can learn lots.

My favourite part was when Tiffany went into the book store. I love books too, but I wouldn’t know what to do, help Max or look at the books.

Liv 🙂

• Dear Liv,
      I like books too! My favourite writer is Andy Griffiths and I like the illustration from Terry Denton. I would help Max.
      From your friend,
      Travis (4KM and 4KJ)

the Tail Trail ending was a good ending.I liked the part when Benjermen Franklin Turned nice again and when Max said we will get an A on our next history project.It was funny 😆

I would like to do the Tail Trail again some day.Great job to Emily Adam Max and Bronte for the pictures,they looked great.I don’t really know how I would have ended the story.But my favorite part of the story was probaly Mr Avery’s part.They were really good story tellers and great drawers too.

What was your favorite part of the story?
    Who’s pictures did you like the best?

Thats all.

Talk soon.

Indi 😛

16. Dear Indi,

Thanks for commenting on our blog yes those
    pictures looked amazing. I liked Mr Avery’s
    part too! if you wondering my favourite pictures would have to be all of them because the all
    looked awesome and my favourite part was when
    Benjerman fraklin tunred good again.

from

shakira :mrgreen:

FINLEIY the Tale trale is done! :mrgreen:
    What a long jerney from chapter 1 to chapter 6 I can’t beleave we are done, my favoueite part of the story was Mr Avery’s part. 🙄
    Well bye for now.
    from your blogging buddy
    Patrick 😆

18. Hi 4KJ and 4KM
    We loved your ending because the children got home safely. We want to read the beginning of the story now. It sounds so exciting!
    We thought your choice of words was great. You used lots of interesting and exciting words like cotton candy and disbelief.
    We liked the setting around the ferris wheel. Emily thought the ending was a bit like Journey to the centre of the Earth.
    We look forward to reading more!
    Mrs Todd and 4T

I have spent tonight reading each part of “Tale Trail” and have finally reached Part 6. With Max trapped in a cage, the evil Ben Franklin with a two-headed snake and a giant, Tiffany looking on and Dr. Drakken’s faulty time machine, I wonder where your part with take me. Now to read on…

It looks like brave Tiffany has to rescue the trapped Max. It seems this is a case when a fondness of reading has given Tiffany the solution to the problem. She must show Ben Franklin who he really is. Her idea worked.

I was left wondering one thing, something of greater danger than anything Max and Tiffany had faced. Would their teacher accept their explanation of why they were very late for class?

Well done, 4KM, 4KJ and every other class involved. I enjoyed reading every part. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross Mannell,

I hope you enjoyed reading “The Tale Trail!” When Miss Paul read it to us I thought it was the perfect ending!

I was very interested how Tiffany can rescue Max. What were you feeling when she had to think of a way. I loved the way she wanted to show Benjamin Franklin that he was good and still can be.

I don’t know how nthey would explain to their teacher. I think their teacher would have told that they were dreaming. What do you think?

From your blogging friend,

Maha :mrgreen:

20. Dear Maha,

On reading the story, I wasn’t surprised both Max and Tiffany showed bravery. Old fairy tales might have helpless princesses being rescued by noble knights but we know both boys and girls are capable of being brave.

If I were Max and Tiffany’s teacher and they told me what had happened, I would look at them for clues. I would suspect they would have been quite dirty after their cave adventure and might even have cuts and bruises. If I saw they had experienced some kind of ordeal, I would want to find out more.

If they appeared clean and tidy, I would suspect they were making excuses for being very late. 🙂

Keep blogging,
    @RossMannell

21. Pingback: Continue 2 Learn » Google Reader

22. Pingback: Continue 2 Learn » Google Reader Week 6

23. Pingback: Nine Inch Nails - Taking Action: Inquiry