Happy Mother’s Day!

Sunday 13th May is a special day for the 4KM and 4KJ students. It is Mother’s Day! This is a day where we thank and celebrate our wonderful mums.

Many students are looking forward to giving their mums the pop-up cards and cinquain poems they made at school with Miss Paul and Miss Hannan. Lots of students also have special gifts from the school Mother’s Day Stall to give their mums.

Some students will be spoiling their mums with a special meal or breakfast in bed. A small number of students look forward to doing the Mother’s Day Classic Fun Run along with Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris.

The students in 4KM and 4KJ have all recorded a special message for their mums. Simple click the arrow to go through the presentation and click on the sound icon to hear each message. We hope you like it, mums!

What do you love about your mum?

What did you do for Mother’s Day?

Mums, we’d love to hear from you too. How did you like our surprise?

57 thoughts on “Happy Mother’s Day!

1. Dear 4KJ & 4KM,

What a lovey post for Mothers Day, thank you so much! Firstly, what I love about my mum is that she is loving and caring and is always there for us. She means the world to me.

I was spoiled this morning from Skye and Brodie with lovely gifts from the school Mothers Day stall and also other gifts they arranged their dad to get. We are having lunch at my Mum and Dad’s house and then going to Torquay to catch up with my Mother-in-law.

For those of you who did the Mothers Day Classic Fun Run, I hope you didn’t get too wet or cold in this awful weather!

Bye for now and have a great day,

Cassie ♥

• Dear Cassie,

I also think this is a lovely post about Mothers Day. I also love my mum for the reason because she is there when I need her and she is loving and very thoughtful.

It is good to hear that you were spoiled. My mum sure was! It is also good to hear that you also got other presents and that you are going to visit your Mum’s and Dad’s house then go to your Mother-in-laws. Have a fun day!

I also hope that people that did the run weren’t to wet as well as cold as well!

Have a wonderful day!

Maha :mrgreen:

What a lovely post for the mums to read. I was looking forward to Mother’s Day all weekend because we could spoil our mums! They deserve it.

My mum is awesome because she cheers me up when I’m sad, she buys and cooks yummy food and she is always kind.

I loved getting up this morning and getting my presents out from under the bed! 😀 My mum got spoiled for Mother’s day. The things I got her were a vanilla car refreshener that said ‘Worlds best Mum’, a shopping list that said ‘Worlds best Mum’, toffees and a snow globe. You can put a photo of the family in it.

As my mum said, we are going out for lunch to my Gran and Papa’s and then catching up with my Nanny and Pa.

What did you get for your Mum?

Skye

• Dear Skye,

I agree, what a lovely post! I was aching to give my mum her present and as you said we can spoil our mums! They really do deserve it!

My mum is fantastic because she listens to my problems and she never lets me get hungry and is so kind.

I also loved getting out of the bed! What a coincidence, I hid my under the bed as well! I got my mum a photo frame that said “Magic moments with mum” and a some shampoo and body gel. She loved my presents!

I hope you have fun going out for lunch and meeting your Nana and Pa.

Have a nice day!

Maha :mrgreen:

3. What a lovely suprise for Mother’s Day. I am having a lovely Mother’s Day, I got lovely presents, breaky in bed and James is going to help cook lunch. Thank you James for spoiling me.

• Dear James’ Mum,

Thanks for the wonderful comment! We love getting comments from parents.

Yes, it is a lovely surprise for Mother’s Day. My mum liked hearing the messages from all the kids for their mums. Did you like hearing the messages?

Skye &hearts

I’m having a lovely day I got a Lot of Great gifts From my Three Daughters hope all the mum are having a great time Just went To her nans and Now at brooklyn’s other Nans for tea. I think it is great to see all the Children Give Present well Have an Wonderful day everybody
    sincerely
    (Brooklyn’s mum)

• Dear Brooklyn’s Mum,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. We love getting comments from parents.

It sounds like you got spoiled for Mother’s Day from your three daughters. My mum got spoiled from my brother and I.

It sounds like you had a great day!

Skye

I have had a great Mother’s Day! I ran with Sophie and Liam(Sophie’s brother) in the Mother’s Day Classic. It was cold and rainy but we all had fun running the 4km course.

I had a beautiful breakfast and a relaxing day after that. I hope all the other 4KM and 4KJ mums had a great Mother’s Day.

Kerrie(Sophie’s mum)

• Dear Kerrie,

Thanks for the super comment! 😀 We love hearing from parents.

That’s good that you ran in the Mother’s Day Classic. It was a very cold day. What time was it when the Mother’s Day Classic started and ended?

My mum had a great Mother’s day too. She enjoyed getting spoiled with presents from my brother and I. What did you have for breakfast?

Skye ♥

6. Hi to 4kj and 4km,
    My day started with presents and breakfast in bed, My girls are so good at making me meals,they helped get eggs on toast and a mocca,we went to their cross country run at Eastern gardens,Hannah and Beck both did well,then we went to the pet shop where the kids brought me a loverly Blue Yabbie!(Bright Blue.) it looks awesome!then we had a roast for tea with the girls cooking a choclate cake all by them selves which we all enjoyed for desert.
    The slide show on the blog was a wonderful gift to all the Mums,I hope all Mums enjoyed their Day as much as I did.I love my Mum because we share and care for each other like best friends!I hope her day was as good as mine too. Bye from Rachel.Hannah and Rebekahs Mum.

Thank you for the beautiful post, another wonderful surprise for all the mums!
    l certainly was spoilt today with lots of special gifts. l loved the pop up card that Trent made me. We had a great day together doing things that we all enjoy. It started with some footy in the morning (and in the rain), then we went out for some lunch followed by a little shopping and ending up in Time Zone, Yay!
    It was nice to finish my speacial day with a family dinner talking about our favorite things for the day, mine was of course being spoilt, wish everyday was mothers day.

Katrina (Trents Mum)

• Dear Mum,

Thanks for the lovely comment on our lovely post and yes we tried to make it a surprise for mums like you.

Wow you’re so lucky to have kids that spoil you rotten unlike our mum.

Well you should have loved that card because I made it for you and I’m your son. Well of course you loved watching me play footy in the but fortuanly for you, you got to stay under the shelter. The shopping was very fun! (NOT!) but the Time Zone (NOW THAT WAS AWESOME) it was fun but I only got a couple lollies and saved up the rest for a giant Luigi thingy mabob.

I also loved dinner and talking about our favourite things about the day mine was seeing my mum all happy and having fun.

By mum see you when I get home.

• Dear Trent

I’m glad that you liked your shopping (NOT)
        but timezone! (AWESOME)
        and I hope your mum enjoyed
        mothers day

Awesome regards
        J★mes

What a lovely surprise and presentation on your blog for Mother’s Day. Thank You so much. I got very spoilt starting with Max giving me presents from the Mothers Day stall at school and then a cooked breakfast. I also got some beautiful perfume which Max had got with his Dad! Max and I watched some shows on Foxtel together snuggled on the couch as the weather outside was very cold. It sounds like everyone had a nice day and I also caught up with my Mum and sister in the afternoon which was nice.
    My Mum is the best she is always doing things for everyone and going to all of her nine grandkids sports and school events, I love her very much.

Have a great day

From Sandi (Max’s Mum)

• Hi Sandi,

Sounds like you had a great Mothers Day. Some of the kids in our grade did the Mothers Day Classic and I did the 8 K run and I got realy puffed.

Wow you must of got alot of great presents from Max and I hope you lked them all.

On Saturday night I went out with my Dad’s family for his mum (My Nany) and we saw Gary Ablet senior and I got a pitcure with him.

By For now
      Clancy

• Dear Mum,

We had a great Mother’s Day together.It looked like you loved your presents I got you:)

I enjoyed cooking breakfast for you in bed with Dad.

I love it when my nan comes to most of my sporting events.

We watched some great shows on tv:)

See you Tonight Max:):):):):)

• IT WAS VERY HEART WARMING TO READ ALL THE GREAT TRIBUTES FROM THE CLASS ABOUT THEIR MUMS FOR MOTHERS DAY WELL DONE EVERYONE

9. Hi Sandi,

By For now
    Clancy

This is a wonderful post.
    I hope all the Mums had a fantastic Mothers day.
    I did the mothers day classic.I did the 4 k run and the 8 k walk alltogether I ran and walked 12 k,but I didn’t get puffed out of breath.

We went out for lunch to the sail yardz.I went with my nanny, poppy,three cousins and my Mum.
    I had a chicken parmi with salad and gravy.

bye for now
    Thomas

• Dear Tom,

What a quality comment! I agree this is a fabulous post.

I hope everyone’s Mum’s had a fantastic Mother’s Day, I know my Mum did.

Wow, what a great achievement! Walking 8K and running 4K is just amazing. I could not have done that.

I got my Mum a snowglobe that you can put a photo in, some chocolates and a few more little things. My sister gave her a bookmark.

Did you enjoy Mother’s Day?

Liv S 🙂

11. Hi guys,

What a great post it is fabulous!

I showed my mum the post on Mothers Day but she didn’t leave a comment. 🙁

I love my mum because she looks after me and she can do all this stuff that is just amazing. She is my lifesaver! 😀

On Mothers Day we didn’t do anthing special we just stayed home and had a fantastic pj day. Mum did open all the pressies and it was her day but we still didn’t do much. My mum also did my black and white picture with me and it is almost done.

Happy blogging,
    from
    Jess 😆

12. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

I love this new post about mothers day.
    This morning I had a look at it. My mum also had a look at it with me.

She said it was a really good post, as she doesn’t look at it much.

By for now Elijah 4KM

• Dear Eli,

Thank you for saying this post was good and I like your comment. I also think it’s great you were able to get your mum on the computer to have a look. Now I say goodbye.

The Savior Of Everyone,
      Brandon

I think this post is awsome! 😀
    For Mothers Day my nan, mum and I went out for breakfast at Cafe Idolge.

Next we went to see Dark Shadows.
    It’s about a boy called Barnobos (played by Jonny depp.)He jumps off a cliff after his grilfrind and turns into a vanpire by his other grilfriend.

Well I better go!

Iesha :mrgreen:

14. Dear Mum,
    thank you for leaving your wonderful comment on the blog
    I hope you had a great Mother’s Day!
    And all the best
    James

• Dear James,

Wow what an excellent reply to your mummy.

And yes your mummy is an excellent comment writer.

I hope she had a good Mothers Day to.

From Trent (your best mate)

15. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

What a lovely Mother’s Day message on the blog.
    It was great to see all the different Mother’s Day cards the children had made and the effort which was put into making them. Loren had fun making her card. She loves creating and making things, and of course she enjoys her shopping at the Mother’s Day stall.

My day started off with a lovely bacon and egg breakfast, which Loren made with the help of her dad. Joel, Loren’s brother was a bit too young to help – maybe next year.

I phoned my mother, who is holidaying in New Zealand for 3 weeks and wished her a lovely day.

In the afternoon, we visited my mother-in-law in Clifton Springs and enjoyed afternoon tea together.

Then we drove to Portarlington and bought some fresh mussels for my tea – yum! I enjoyed the rest of the day relaxing with my family, which is always nice.

I hope all mothers had a wonderful Mother’s Day.

regards,
    Kerryn (Loren’s mum)

• Dear Kerryn,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. I think you had a great Mother’s Day and I think you loved the presents Loren gave you they looked liked pretty good presents.

That was lovly that Loren and her dad made bacon and eggs for you. I only gave my mum coffe and tosted jam sandwhich in bed I kmow it sounds pretty boring but mum loved it.

Iy was that you called your mother because she couldn’t spend the day with her. I think she was suppised that you called her even though you all the way down in Australia.

from Lorn’s friend
      MADDY :mrgreen:

• Hi Maddy,

It’s Loren’s mum.
        Thank you for your comment.

The breakfast you made for your mum was very nice and I’m sure you made it with lots of love. That’s what counts!

What lovely gifts did you give your mum? I think you enjoyed choosing them at the mother’s day stall.

regards,
        Loren’s mum

16. Hi Max

I had a fabulous Mothers Day which started on Saturday because my mum (your Gran) had to work on Sunday. We arrived in Geelong from Bendigo on Friday night and caught the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento and had a fabulous lunch at Hotel Sorrento. There was ten of us who could make lunch including my two daughters and my 4 grandchildren. It was most delicious when then looked in the shops and went to mumbles ice cream parlour for ice cream very yummy. We caught the ferry back to Queenscliff it was very cold and windy on the top outside deck so I only stayed out there for 5 minutes. Then we had dinner with the rest of our family including you. It was a fabulous weekend and I even stayed for a sleep over at your house on Saturday night. Thank you for that it was very warm and comfortable.

Love Aunty Donna xxx

What a great post! I think all mothers deserve a day all about them. Early in the morning my family woke up and got ready for the Mother’s Day Classic. The Mother’s Day Classic is a fun run around Eastern Beach and the Eastern Gardens.

My time for the Mother’s Day Classic was 22 minutes and 18 seconds. Then we went out for breakfast at the Edge across the street from Eastern Beach.

For Mother’s Day I got my mum a pair of pyjamas, a bath bom and a coffee mug. My brother and I acidently bought the same thing! We both bought a coffee mug and it was the same colour!

From your friend,
    Sophie

• Dear Sophie,

What a great comment I really liked how you used paragraphs and made it clear to read.

Wow that is a coincidence that you and your brother got the same mug for your mum.

Gotta go,
      Emily

18. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,

This is a wonderful Mother’s Day post. Last Thursday and Friday I was at my local school working on the P&C Mother’s Day stall. Part of my job is to design and print Mother’s Day cards for the school.

Here is a link to show you the card covers. Each also came with wording inside.

http://rossmannell.posterous.com/4km-and-4kj-some-mothers-day-card-designs

My own mother is now over 80 years old yet, to her, my brothers and I are still her boys. No matter how old you get, your mothers will still think of you as their children.

I hope all of your mother’s had a wonderful time on Mother’s Day. I know mine did. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Mr Mannell,

My name is Liv S (I made the guest post ‘Meet our student teachers’.) and I am in Miss Jordan’s class this year. This is the second time I have had Miss Jordan as a teacher so I am very lucky. Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are outstanding teachers!

Where do I start? You just blow me away with your comments and your extended posts. They are just outstanding! Thanks!

I agree, this is a wonderful post about Mother’s Day. I looked at your designs post and it was outstanding too!

I know my Mum had a wonderful Mother’s Day.

Thanks again!

From your new blogging buddy,
      Liv S 🙂

19. Pingback: Happy Mother’s Day | Skye's Super Blog

20. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    I bet all the moms had a good day yesterday. My mom sure did. We got her flowers and soap and lots and lots. Well my name is Barrett and i’m from the classroom connection. I just got my own blog and I want you to check it out. Maybey even leave a comment. here is my address, http://barrett88.edublogs.org/
    From Barrett

• Dear Barrett,

My name is Liv S and I am in Miss Jordan’s class this year. This is the second time I have had Miss Jordan as a teacher so I am very lucky. Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are fabulous teachers!

Thanks for your great comment.

I’m sure everyone’s Mum had a outstanding day and got spoilt by all the presents!

My Mum recieved a bookmark, chocolates, a snowglobe that you can put a photo in and a few more things.

Liv S 🙂

• Dear Liv,

It is nice to reply to people you don’t know and to let them understand who you
        are.

Now I want to tell Barret a little something about myself!

but first onething are you from Mrs Yollis’ class?

Ok here I go,
        I am lachlan and I absolutely love romans. If you don’t know much about them then click on the 2 links below but I think there pretty much the same!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome

I hope you know about romans now. I have a dog called millie.We have been bringing her inside on cold nights and she is thinking that she is becoming a inside dog (but she always supposed to stay outside!)

I have a Mum and a Dad (ofcourse).

From your new friend Lachlan 🙂 😉 :mrgreen: 😳
        PS: I hope I can make up a chat with Barret and Liv sometime!

• Dear Cameron,

Hi I’m Trent from 4KM.

Wow what a excellent comment and also thanks.

Yes I will be sure to visit your blog.

What school do you come from Cameron?

From Trent

21. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,
    This is a great Mothers Day post.
    Charlotte’s mum, Amanda, was very blessed on Sunday.
    Charlotte got up early and cleaned her room. (which Amanda said was the best gift of all). She helped make breakfast in bed for her mum, and ate some too!
    Both Charlotte and her brother Joel were very creative in their card design and gifts they gave.
    We all drove up to Romsey for dinner with our Nanny, Grandma and Great Grandma. Charlotte and Joel had such a big day, they slept all the way home.

Time to Go to work now.

Lindsay(Charlotte’s dad)

• Dear 4KM and 4KJ,

What a marvellous comment, are you a new to blogging?

Hi, i’m Emily and I am in 4KM this year.

It sounds like Amanda got lots of good things happened during Mother’s Day. That happend to my mum she got spoiled as well.

Here is a question:
      Where is Romsey?

Emily
      P.S. Here is a tip :
      When you leave a comment and put your name in the the top , try not to put your last name in it .

• Dear Dad,

Thanks for the awesome comment and I loved the Mother’s Day post too!
      It was so fun at Grandma and Grandpa’s house on Sunday!(Mother’s day! 13th May)

I think Mother’s Day was the best Mother’s day Mum has ever had even though, I had no time to rap the presents I got her!
      Well, I soughta did rap them,but I put them in a bag I had in my room.

I had no fun cleaning my room though. That was because I had to hang my clothes up and I hate hanging up my clothes!

Love from,
      Charlotte 🙂

22. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    Wow what a great post. This would be my favourite post because it’s about Mothers Day of course! On Mothers Day Libby and I went to my dads place for a BBQ because they were camping at Barwon Heads caravan park. Libbys cousins were there and her auntie and uncle were there too! Libby made me a little sentence thing made out of wrapping paper and a poster with a mini card.

My favorite part about this post is the Animoto everyone did a great job on their card and front covers and of course the message they all put in there.

Happy Blogging.
    Your new pal,
    Christy :mrgreen:

• Dear Christy,

I agree, what a great post! My mum also liked this post for the same reason!

I hope you had fun visiting your dad and having the BBQ. It must have been a big BBQ with so many people!

My favourite part of the post is also the Animoto. It is great how you have a picture and you can make sound come with our voice on the picture!

Talk soon,

Maha :mrgreen:

• Dear Christie,

Hi i’m Trent from 4KM.

Thanks for the wondeful comment on our equaly as good post. Yes of cource its your favourite and plus your no the only one that has said that because the ones who said that were obviously MUMS!

Wow a BBQ on Mothers Day in the rain, your lucky.

Your card also sounds very cool and prezis.

I also loved the animoto.

From your blogging buddy Trent the awesome one.

23. Dear Christy,

Thank you for leaving a comment on the blog. You are a great blogger! What did you have for lunch that was cooked on the BBQ?

My favourite part about the post is also the Animoto. I think everyone did a great job on their cards.

What did you get from Libby for Mother’s Day?

Sophie

This is a wonderful post by Mrs Morris! 🙂
    I had so much fun on Mother’s Day. I got my mum a photo frame and I got my grandma a diamond bookmark as well as a big tin of chocolates. :mrgreen:
    What did you get your mum?

All I did for Mother’s Day was watch some movies and made her breakfast in bed.
    I love my mum because she loves me back but mostly because she is my mum! ♥

Happy blogging
    Leah. ♥

25. Dear Christy,

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother’s Day with Libby! You are very lucky.

I love camping, its lucky you got to go.

For Mother’s Day, Mum, Dad, Olivia, me, my Aunty, Uncle and grandparents went to the purple duck for lunch. I had fish, chips and salad.

When I got there my grandparents were already at the table and I saw my other Uncle from Sydney! I was very surprized.

After lunch my grandparents and my uncle from Sydney came over to my house for afternoon tea.

By the way, for mother’s day I gave my mum a smelly thing to put in the car and a photo frame. My sister got mum six cards.

Georgia.

26. Dear 4KM and 4KJ

Good to hear that all mothers had a lovely day on Sunday for Mother’s Day. We had a great lunch and lovely surprise with my brother-inlaw down from Sydney. We had yummy lemon tart for afternoon tea. I felt very spoilt with all the presents and cards from my girls for Mother’s Day.

Lisa (Georgia’s mum)

Wow what a great post when it was
    Mother’s Day I was so excited
    about get my presents from Shakira and jiaan

from

shakira’s M :mrgreen:

28. Hi 4KM,

I had a lovely Mother’s day evening with my beautiful children..Clancy and Zali and Nyota.

The best part of mother’s day is sharing this with your family. But second to this is the anything received from the kids that is ‘home made’. I just loved the home-made cards the kids gave me this year.

Clancy also painted on a canvas a picture of Clancy and myself which I will cherish forever.

There is nothing like the love received from your mum and it is always nice to know your mum will always be there for you no matter what.

Thanks for photo presentation for Mother’s Day on your blog. Well done. I loved hearing what everyone had to say about their mums.

Hears hoping next year will be a good mums day also.

Jacqui (Clancy’s mum).

29. Ohhhhh thats such a beautiful idea.
    I was soooo happy to stumble across this this morning.
    They are all such wonderful kids.

30. Dear 4kj and 4km,

I have just watched the presentation you all did for Mother’s Day with all your beautiful handmade cards and your kind and thoughtful messages to your mums. It was very interesting to hear what you all think is special about your mums. The reason why I have only just looked at the presentation is because I do most of my blogging, email checking and google searching(and face booking) from an iPad and I didn’t realize that I couldn’t access it from the iPad! Olivia explained it to me, it’s great to get tips from all you tech savvy kids!

I had a wonderful mothers day, eggs Benedict for breaky at 6am, then off to Eastern beach for the Mothers Day classic! We then went home, turned on the heater and had an at home day. I got some lovely gifts, spent the day sewing up a quilt I am making for Olivia and then we had a beautiful roast chicken for dinner!

Bye for now, keep being good for your mums!

31. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    My name is Saskia I go to Kingsville Primary School.On Mothers Day I cooked my mum breakfast in bed my mum loved it!! For presents I gave her soap and perfume. My mum had a fantastic mothers day. Regards,
    your new friend Saskia!:)