Happy Birthday, Mr Avery!

Mr Avery is a special sixth grade teacher in Massachusetts, USA.

He maintains Mr Avery’s Classroom Blog which is a model blog for classes around the world. Mr Avery is very talented at making videos with his students to help them understand maths concepts.

Mr Avery has been blogging with is class since late 2010 and Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan’s students have enjoyed blogging with his class since that time.

Saturday March 17th is a special milestone for Mr Avery. It is his…

Mr Avery’s blogging buddies wanted to surprise him by getting together to create a special birthday post!

Here is a Prezi that Mrs Yollis’ class, Mr Salsich’s class, B4 and Mrs Watson’s class collaborated on.

Please leave a comment to wish Mr Avery a happy birthday!

26 thoughts on “Happy Birthday, Mr Avery!

I really enjoyed watching the Prezi. I think Mr Avery will enjoy the post. And happy birthday to you.

from your blogging buddy
    Maddy 😀

• Dear Maddy,

Thank you for your wonderful comment! I had an amazing birthday. It was so much fun seeing all the different videos from the classes. It’s great having so many amazing friends around the world!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

• Dear Mr Avery,
        Thank you for replying to my comment. Hppy birthday to you. Hope yiu like the post we put on our blog. And I would be surpised iuf I found all my blogging buddy’s did a post on the same thing my birthday so I know you liked it too. You are still a good rapper and so are we.
        from your blogging buddy
        Maddy 😀 ;D

I really love this post.

Happy birthday Mr Avery! Have a great day on your birthday. I hope you like our Prezi. Our rappers done a really good job.

I enjoyed watching the Prezi. My favorite part was looking at all the other classes messages.

Wishing you a happy birthday,
    Emily
    ♦ ♥

• Dear Emily,

I loved seeing the messages from all the classes. It’s interested how each class can have a different take on happy birthday.

Everyone in your class did an amazing job. I can’t wait to share all your amazing messages with my class today!

Thank you for your amazing comment!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

3. Dear Mr Avery,

A very happy 30th Birthday to you!

This is just wonderful that your blogging pals have put up this special post just for you and well deserved too I must say.

Are you planning a huge party with heaps of food and not forgetting cake. 🙂
    Well what ever you do have a super time celebrating.

Sincerely from,
    AA

• Dear AA,

I was so surprised when I saw all these posts for my birthday. I certainly wasn’t expecting anything like that at all!

I had an amazing birthday. We didn’t have a party. I had dinner with my parents Friday night and then a weekend in Boston afterwards. It couldn’t have been a more perfect weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

4. Dear Mr Avery,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🙂
    well it’s your spcial day and I hope its a great to. Thirty what a great age to turn!
    Our rappers Trent,Adam,Max and me Clancy it just sounded well so so asome 🙂 !

Yopur blog has been very susesful so far and I realy like all your posts and all your comments that you have left on our blog!

Well done on the post 4Km and 4KJ. It worked out very well also. I also like the little Presi our quad blogging buddies and we did.

Saturday March 17th what a great day to have your birthday on. I just love birthdays because we all get celabrate them and give people prsents like a BIG blog post thet all of friends make for you!

You are really talented I must say. You are very good at rapping blogging and lots of other things.

Well have good rest of your birthday
    From CLANCY your blogging buddie!
    🙂 🙁

• Dear Clancy,

Thanks for such a great comment! Also, thanks for rapping for me! I thought all of you did an amazing job. I think all of you will need to create a maths rap at some point!

My birthday is a great day because we always celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 17th. Some schools even get the day off. It was on a Saturday this year though so that didn’t even matter. I had the day off on my birthday which is always nice!

Thanks again for a great comment and your amazing work in the video!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

I love that you care for your blogging buddies so much that you take the time to wish them birthday wishes!

Happy 30th birthday, Mr. Avery! Wishing you the best!

Warm regards,
    Mrs. Watanabe

• Dear Mrs Watanabe,

Thankyou for commenting on our blog.:mrgreen:

We care alot about our blogging buddys and Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan thought of the idea. The classes thought it was a very creative idea.

Your Blogging Buddy,

Georgia

• Dear Mrs. Watanabe,

Thank you for your birthday wishes! I was truly astounded by all the hard work and effort that went into preparing all of this for me. I’m so lucky to have found such amazing blogging buddies!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

I loved it when B4, Mrs.Yollis,Mr.Salsich and us did the joint Prezi. It wwas fantastic! Goog job everyone!

Happy Birthday Mr.Avery! I hope you liked the Prezi! In the the birthday rap I was one of the girls standing on a chair holding a letter.

Hope you had the most splendid birthday ever!

Maha 😀

• Dear Maha,

I absolutely loved the video. I think it was amazing that all of you incorporated a rap into the video as well! Personally, I think one of my maths raps was one of my more embarrassing moments but my students seemed to love it! I think all of you did a much better job of rapping!

My birthday was incredible. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

What a fantastic post! I loved the Prezi. I liked watching all the messages and reading all the fun facts. The rappers did a good job. It sounded great.

Here is a message for Mr Avery:

You are a great blogger! You comment on other blogs and you are a fabulous maths rapper! I hope your birthday is full of happiness and surprises.

I wonder what Mr Avery got for his birthday. ❓

Skye :p 😀

• Dear Skye,

Thank you for your birthday message! All of you made it so special for me. I can tell that Mrs. Morris and Ms. Jordan have some amazing students!

I think I may need a follow up to my first rap hit. I may already even be working on something. You’ll have to keep your eye out for when it goes up! 🙂

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

8. Dear 4km and 4kj,
    The prezi was great to watch because I learnt alot like calvin coolidge was the 30th president in the u.s.a and 30 is the second point in a game of tennis.

Also to Mr Avery a big Happy Birthday

From your blogging buddie Paige

• Dear Paige,

I loved all the facts about 30! I thought that was an amazing idea. I learned some great facts too!

Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. It was a great day and it was even better because of all of you!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

9. Dear Mr Avery,

Happy birthday to you.
    I am Jacqui (clancy’s Mum) Clancy is in 4KJ.

Thirty, what a great age to turn.
    I hope you enjoyed your day.

10 years til the big 4 0.

From Jacqui.
    🙂 🙁 :mrgreen:

• Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I certainly don’t mind turning 30 at all! I’ve heard that the 30s are one of the best times! I certainly hope that they will be.

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Sincerely,
      Mr. Avery

All I can say is WOW! I was blown away that all of our blogging buddies took the time to make a Prezi and all those incredible videos!

Now, I have to say, I already didn’t think I was a great rapper but I now I know I’m not because all of you put me to shame! Your rapping skills are definitely WAY better than mine!

I had an amazing birthday. I went into the city of Boston. That’s one of my favorite places to visit. While there, I went to see our professional ice hockey team, the Boston Bruins. They won in a shootout in overtime! It was an incredible game!

I am so glad that I have all of you as blogging buddies. You definitely made my birthday so much more than I ever could’ve hoped for. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

• Dear Mr Avery,

My name is Hannah I am in 4kJ.
      I have 6 people in my family.

I think your a great rapper aswell as the boys in 4KM and 4KJ.

I am happy to hear that you had a great birthday.

How many games has the ice hockey team won.

i have to get going,
      Bye sincerely
      Hannah

11. Pingback: Thank You! : Mr. Avery's Classroom Blog

12. Pingback: Our Classroom | 1/2A

13. Dear Mr. Avery,
    Happy birthday! I loved the Prezi that your blogging buddies made for you! They included some great facts! Plus they included important facts like, the Boston Red Sox are the BEST!
    Mrs. Hembree