Learning About Our Country

This term we are learning all about our country, Australia.

Last week we watched an Australian tourism commerical which promotes our country to the world. The commerical features some of Australia’s famous landmarks, national icons, our nature, the landscape, our history and coastal regions. You can watch it below. Tip – view the commercial in full screen by pressing the little box in the bottom right hand corner.

Warning – the tune is very catchy and you might find yourself singing it all day!

We created posters to showcase some of Australia’s popular tourist attractions. Here is some of our work…

What do you love about Australia?

What attractions would you recommend to someone who was visiting our country?

What special icons or landmarks are famous in your country?

67 thoughts on “Learning About Our Country

The thing I love about Australia is that you can look at the Sydney Harbour Bridge or any icon and say I have had enough of Australia.

I would reccomend Uluru or Airs Rock.

Well, in Pakistan we don’t much icons but I can think of one. It has something to do with Independence of Pakistan.

I also want to say to Miss Jordan you must have put lots of work in to this post to make it look fantastic. Awesome job!

Maha

• Dear Maha,
      thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. The thing I like about Australia is

People are nice
      Nice food
      Sndey harbar bridge
      AFL
      This post is very talented
      from your friend
      Maddy :D

I love our new post! :mrgreen:
    It is so fantastic that theres a post about our country Australia.

I love Australia because all the people here are so nice and fun!

I would recomend you to visit the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Uluru, 12 Of Fostles, Sydney Opra House and National Gallery in Canberra.

In Australia there are so many famous landmarks like:
    1.Paliment House.
    2.Sydney Harbour Bridge.
    3.12 Of Fostles.
    4.Sydney Opra House.
    5.Uluru.

Australia is an anamzing place,
    There is nothing like Australia!

From your student,
    Leah. ♥ :mrgreen:

• Dear Lea,
      thankbyou for commenting on our blog.This post does look realy talented.
      What’s your favourite thing about Australia? My favourite thing about Australia is there’s nice food here.I just listened to the vidio and now it’s stuck in my head.
      Bye for now Maddy :D

3. Dear Maha,

Your right!
    You could just look at the Sydney Harbour Bridge and say I’ve had enough of Australia.

Pakistan sound like a great place.

Leah.

Wow what a fabulous blog post! It must of taken a long time to make.

The people that did a Voice thread were very good talkers, and the pitcures were great too.

I love Australia because we have fresh water, in some countrys they have very dirty water because they are very poor.

Attractions, I would recomend to see the Big Auzzie icons and Victoria because it’s a wonderful place to be.

One of the Big Auzzie icons in Victoria are is the Big Wool Bales.(Hamilton)

Your Blogging Buddy,

Georgia♥

• Dear Georgia,

This is a great quality comment!
      I think this a fabulous post too Georgia!
      I think Miss Jordan put a lot of effort into this post to make it look great.

I thought the people in Voice Thread were rather good. Who was your favorite? I thought it was funny when Skye’s turn on Voice Thread magically appeared in Lachlan’s picture!

I love Australia for it’s clean water too! In Pakistan the country is very poor and only people who have enough money who can get clean water. But luckily, my family do have clean water and I am thankful of that!

I think Victoria is a place you can go to and never be bored. It is also a quiet place if you go in some suburbs.

I have never been to Big Wool Bales before. What does it look like? Have you
      ever been there before?

• Dear Maha,

Thank you for replying to me, and thank you for asking some questions. I love to answer them!

I liked Emilys voice thread because she was loud, clear and I could hear every word that she said.

I have been to the Big Wool Bales before just on the long weekend. There is one Big Wool Bale in the middle, then two smaller ones on each side.

It is also the Hamilton sovaniar shop, its got wool from different sheep and olden day wheels to make thread. It was also my first Auzzie icon to see!

Have you ever been to a Auzzie icon?

From your friend,

Georgia

• Dear Gorgia,
      thank you for commenting on our blog. If you had an oparconerty to go any were you want in Australia were would you go. If I was you I would go to the Northen Terrortry so my family and I can climb over Ulau and look at the abariginal paintings. My favourite place in Australia is Tasmania. Last year my family and I went to Tasmania for the easter hoildays and that was great.
      from
      Maddy

• Dear Georgia,

It’s a bit of a coincidence that you mentioned the Big Wool Bales in Hamilton. I am actually from Hamilton! My parents still live there. I wonder if you have been to any of the other Big Aussie Icons? I have been to the Big Lobster in Kingston (South Australia).

I agree that 4KM & 4KJ have done a wonderful job on their post. They have all worked very hard to find information about Australia! Well done.

From Miss T and students in 2B

• Dear Miss T and 2B,

Thank you for replying to me. You’re from Hamilton! Wow thats a great place to be, because there is so many different things where you live.

I have not been to any other Auzzie icons in Australia before. My dad and I are going for a holiday in broken hill, and we might be going across to Orange!

At home I have got a Big Auzzie icons book with all the icons in it. My sister and I look at it all the time and we try to see who can remember the most.

Your Blogging Buddy,

Ge♥rgia

5. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    Thanks for the great post 4KM and 4KJ love this post hope we get more lovely posts.

My favorite part about this post is looking at the VoiceThread it was awesome that we could hear everyone’s voice but without seeing them talk.

Your Pal,
    Libby ♥

Wow what a great post I came here to get a fresh start
    that’s how I learnt english its dinner time got to go!

bye

from

shakira :D

Wow that song really does get in your head!
    I raelly like our contry but I have never gone to W.A,S.A,N.T and TAZ I hope you have. Well bye for now.
    Patrick :lol:

• Dear Patrick,

What a great comment. Yes you are right that song is very catchy.

I have never been out of Victoria my whole life. It would really be fun to go to all the places in Australia.

I think it would be lots of fun going to South Australia because it seems like a really nice place.

Out of W.A. ,S.A., N.T. and TAS?

From your friend,m
      Emily :razz:

• Hey Pat,

I have not gone to any of the other states or territories either and that song is really catchy but I have listened to that many catchy songs it’s not funny.
      I’ve now learnt to just deal with it but it is annoying at some times.

I have a question for you now so get ready…
      What is your favourite thing about Australia?

Anyway bye for now from,
      The King of True Awesome Brandon.

8. Hi, Charlotte here,

Just wanting to say that the post is adorable! :!:

I love Australia because it has great attractions and lots of people enjoy the fantastic views and sights of the Aussie life. My favourite place in Australia that I’d like to visit is the Sydney harbour bridge. I would really love to walk across the bridge too.

Your blogging buddy,
    Charlotte

I loved the post,

I think the Twelve Apostles is a great place to go if your into taking photos. But are you into taking photos?
    If your not into taking photos you should go to Queensland and go to all the water theme parks.

Hannah

• Dear Hannah,

Your right the twelve apostles would be a great picture.My favrite aussie icon
      mine is Ulurlu whats yours .

From your blogging buddy
      Lachlan.

10. Hi 4KJ,

I really enjoyed listening to the Voice-Threads.

I love Australia because they have fantastic beaches, much nicer than other places in the world.

We live close to the beach so a quick trip down the road will find us at Ocean Grove in Victoria. We swim at ’18W’ which recently has become patrolled by surf life savers to ensure swimmer safety which is really good.

Australia is also good because we are free country unlike other country’s! :)

My favourite place to visit which I would recommend is Tasmania. The seafood is fantastic. Weather – not so good. Mainly wet and cold most of the year :-(

From Jacqui (Clancy’s mum)

• Dear mum,

Wow wat a great comment you left on our blog post last night.

I’m glad you enjoyed our voice threads I don’t think we could have done any better! :)

Well I love the beach aswell. And like you said it is just a small five minute trip down the road to get to Ocean Grove

We are so lucky we live in a free country unlike some other places in the world.

From what you said about Tasmania it sounds realy fun.
      I would love to recomend Quensland for people who have not been there before.
      But some times it can get a bit rainy :-(

Sea food is so much my tipe of thing.
      But I do love prauns.AHHH!

Well by for now Mum
      Clancy :) :0

11. Hi 4km and 4kj
    Our names are Yaksh and Mason and Kaeleb.
    We like lego Harry Potter.
    Do you like lego?
    Our favourite foods are chocolate and candy.
    What is your favourite food?
    Do you play sports? We play rugby in the under 8s.
    Bye for now

Yaksh, Kaeleb and Mason

• Dear B4 kids,

Thanks for commenting on our blog.You are our quad blogging partners.

I don’t mind lego I don’t do it that often.I love choclate and candy(we call candy lollies) too but I really like strawberry’s dipped in choclate sauce yum :)

I love heaps of sports but my favourite are footy(AFL),cricket and basketball.I also like Rugby.

I have one question for you Did you know our flags are nearly the same except yours has orange stars and ours has white stars.I like harry potter I have seen all the movies but don’t have any of the lego.:(

Well it was good talking to you but I have to go

Talk Soon Max :)

• Dear Yaksh,Mason and Kaeleb,

My name is Maha from 4KM.

I like lego Harry Potter and different lego too. In lego Harry Potter who is your favorite character?

My favorite food is chocolate and ice-cream.

I play tennis and netball and I do swimming.

Maha

• Dear B4,

Yes I do love LEGO.

My favourite food is Ravioli with cheese sauce.

Last but not least, Well i dont play a phisical sport although i do play video games

Hope to ‘ear from ya’ soon,
      Ril:mrgreen:y

12. Dear 4km and 4kj
    My name Yaksh.
    Our claas works so quietly on Daily 5.
    Does your class read?
    We are reading a Magic Tree House story.
    by Yaksh

• Dear Yaksh,

Thankyou again for commenting on our blog.

We don’t read chapter books all together. But we do inderpendent reading witch you have to read a chapter book.I really like reading I find it very relaxing.So i’m guessing Daily 5 is reading.We read a magic tree house book last year I enjoyed it :)

Talk Soon Max :)

• Dear Yaksh,

I have heard of the Magic Tree House, but I have never read it. :)

Last year when I was in grade 3 I did the daily 5. (It was fun!)

Thank you for your comment. :mrgreen:

From Leah. ♥ :)

• Dear B4,

What a nice comment!
      I do sprots like hockey and a little bit of tennis,Milo cricket.
      My favourite food is watermellon and apple.Are class reads 15 minutes of independdent reading a day.

In grade 3 with Mrs Devries, my class was going mad about the magic story treehouse. My favourite one was when the two kids (who I forgot there names please tell me!) who like appeard in this army camp with the drummer boy and the made i think it was a ameriacan army camp?

bye for now your new blogging buddy
      :) ;) :mrgreen:

13. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    My name is Tyla. i’m 7 years old. I go to Reefton Area School. I like to eat chocolate and candy and grapes. I like to play with my Nana’s dog Gizmo and my wii.
    Do you have wii’s in Australia. I have been to Australia 3 or 2 times. I am going to Bali on the 23 March!
    bye for now your blogging buddy
    Tyl♥

• Dear Tyla,

Hi I’m Jess from 4KJ. I also love chocolate and lollies [we call candy lollies up here.] They are sooo YUM!.

I think Gizmo is a very cute name for a dog. Also yes we do have Wii’s up here. They are very fun to play!

Wow you have been to Australia quite a bit. Also did you like it here?

Well I will see you soon
      from your pal
      Jess :razz:

• Dear Tyla,

My name is Indiana and am 9 years old.I am in 4KJ and I go to Leopold Primary School.

My favorite food is pizza and strawberries, I also like playing outside with my little sister Tahlia.

We do have wii’s in Australia.Hear are some questions I would like to ask you:

What grade are you in?

What is your favorite color?

Do you have a brother or sister?

Well I’v got to go.

See you soon.

Your friend,
      Indiana :lol:

• Dear Tyla,
      Hi I’m Bronte from 4KJ.
      yes we do have Wii’s in Australia.
      My favourite thing too eat is Chips, mango, choclate and steak.

I’v never been too Bali before, I’v always wondered what Bali would be like.

Your blogging buddy,
      Bronte.

I love this post!
    You are right, that song does get stuck in your head.
    I think that the people on Voice Thread said some great things about Australia.

The posters look great! Everyone looked like they put a lot of efort in to making them. Mine is the first one about Uluru.

I am looking forward to learning alot more about Australia.

Sophie

• Dear Sophie,

I do think that song gets stuck in our heads. I’m at my cousins house with my brother untill my mum gets back.

My cousin and I LOVE this post!:)

From Lilli &
      her cousin
      Jalen 8)

15. Hi Charlote,

The post is great I must admit.
    It looks like Ms Jordan put alot of effort into this post.

WOW just thinking of it we do have alot atrctions and lots of sights and fantastic views! :)

I just love our outback do you?
    It’s one of my favourite sights and it is great place to be.
    I camp with Dad at a plce callecd Castle Main where Dad’s cousin has alot of he has 6oo ackers. It is all rocky and bushy!

I have never beeren to Sydney before but i have herd about it well it sounds fun. WOW walk the bridge that would be so fun!

Well by Charlote
    Clancy.
    :) :-)

what a fantastic post all the people in 4km and 4kj did a great work on there posters and i really like the video. :)

One of the things that i like about Australia is all the places you can go to like the theem parks and lots of other things

bye for now Heath :)

• Dear Heath,

Everybody did do a great job on their work it is eacy to agree with! :)
      I like the video aswell and I also like the voice threds.

But I forgot to say that your comment is realy qualaty and I like it I thimk if you wanted to you could have a blog by the end of the year.
      But only if you wanted one of corse

WOW! come to thing of it we do have a alot of theme parks and other thinks like beaches that are only a few minutes down the road. HHH HHH HHH that was a mouth full.

Quensland is a great place for going to theme parks and some of their names are Dream World, Movie World, Sea World and alot more of them

Well good comment Heath
      speak soon,
      Clancy
      :) :-(

Wow,I have no one to reply to. :(
    Any way I really like the post about Australia and I love the posters we did.Bye for now.
    Patrick :lol: :mrgreen:

• Dear Pat,

I loved the posters we did too.They were really fun.I love doing posters.Well now you have someone to reply to me :)I haved loved learning about Australia so far.

Bye for Now Max

It certainly seems like Australia is a great place to live! It’s a place that I’ve always wanted to visit.

Here in America, one of the most iconic places in Australia that we often see on television is the Sydney Opera House. It looks like a beautiful building and definitely one that I would love to see someday.

I think back to when the Olympics were hosted in Sydney in 2000. I’m sure none of you were even born yet! I can still see the Olympic rings on the bridge and fireworks going off behind it! The next Olympics will actually be happening this summer. Are you going to watch it? If so, what’s your favorite event?

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

• Dear Mr Avery,

Thanks for the quality comment on our blog. Yes, Australia is a great place to live. If you came to Australia what state would you like to go to?

That is very interesting that you see the Sydney Opera House on TV. I have never seen the Sydney Opera House in real life but I would like to.

I might watch the Olympics. I like watching the swimming! Are you going to watch the Olympics? What’s your favourite event?

Your blogging buddy from down under,

Skye ♥

• Dear Skye,

I think if I visited Australia, I’d visit Victoria. I’ve heard that’s a pretty good state with some really great schools and really smart kids!

I’m definitely going to watch the Summer Olympics. I’ll try to watch as many events as I can but I want to watch the swimming. That’s my favorite!

Sincerely,
        Mr. Avery

19. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

A friend of mine told me that you were asking about famous landmarks in different countries. That just so happens to be something I’m an expert about because, well because I am actually one of the most famous landmarks in the United States. I know, I know. I know what you’re thinking, landmarks can’t talk. Well, this is true. However, I do have fingers so I can definitely type. Although, I needed a very large laptop because I’m actually 19 feet tall while sitting down!

What am I made out of? Well, I’m made out of Georgia marble. People started building me in the year 1915. That almost 100 years ago!

You could see me if you visited Washington D.C. Almost 3 and a half million people do every year! Or you might see me if you visited Mrs. Yollis’ blog because they did a post about viewing me and other monuments on Google Maps!

Do you have any idea what famous landmark I might be?

Sincerely,
    Mystery Monument

P.S. If you’re still having trouble, I was made as a memorial to the 16th president of the United States.

• Dear Mystery Monument,

Our names are Maha and Liv S. We are from 4KM and 4KJ. We were very suprised to get a comment from you.

We think we know who you are! Please tell us if we are right or wrong but we think you are Lincoln Memorial. Our classes thought about it for a moment then someone came up with Abraham Lincoln.

We was very confused when you said you were a famous landmark in U.S.A. It was funny to hear you have fingers and you having a very LARGE laptop. We can imagine it! We think being 19 feet tall and sitting down is actualy quite nice considering that you are a statue.

We have never heard of Georgia marble before only we have seen it on Night at the Museum 2. Imagine being built nearly 100 years ago! Is it quite boring just sitting there doing nothing except staring at people?

We have never visited Washington D.C before. We can imagine you sitting there and being bored.

We know some facts about you:
      Your birthday is February 12.
      You live at Potomac Park, Washington D.C.
      You were built to remember a president.
      You are open 24 hours a day.

Please comment soon,

Maha and Liv S. :D

• Dear Maha and Liv S,

You’re correct! You seem to know quite a bit of information about me too. I’m very impressed because you don’t even live in the United States!

You should see my laptop. It’s probably about as big as a kitchen table, if not bigger. Sometimes it’s tough to type though because I’m made of marble so my hands are heavy. I get tired very quickly. Not to mention, I have a really stiff neck from sitting here for close to 100 years!

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me. All these people stand around me all day long and they never want to talk to me. They just take pictures all the time!

Sincerely,
        President Abraham Lincoln

20. Hi 4km and 4KJ
    I know three things about Australia.

1.Australia is the bigget island.

2.Kangaroos, koalas, emus, kookaburas and posums are Australian animals.

3.All the states and territorys are…

Victoria

New South Wales

Queensland

South Australia

Tasmania

Western Australia

Nothern Territory

Australian Capital Territory.

Your Blogging Buddy,

Rebekah ♥

I can not belleve we got a comment from Abraham lingcne. I’m sorry I don’t know how to spell his name at all but someone did that comment that wasn’t a statue, so something fishy is going on here I guess? But that is just me. Well bye for now.
    Patrick :lol:

22. Dear Becky,

Thank you for sharing those facs about Australia with us.

Have a great weekend.

From your bloging buddy
    Lilli 8) :p :)

23. Bonjour!

My friend Mr. Lincoln told me that he played a very fun game with you! He said he gave you clues and had you try to guess what he was. That sounds like a lot of fun so I thought I’d try too!

You’ve probably seen me before. You might not have visited me though because I’m not in your country. You probably wouldn’t even be able to understand me if I talked because I talk a different language (a translator is typing this for me right now).

If you were looking at me, you’d probably notice that I have four legs. The taller I get, the skinnier I get until I meet at a point at the top.

You may look up at me while sitting outside a restaurant eating foie gras, brie cheese, baguettes, truffles, or eclairs.

After viewing me, you may want to take a look around at some of the other amazing things that can be found in the city of Paris.

Do you know who I am?

Sincerely,
    Mystery Monument Number 2

P.S. If you need help, you might want to take a look at this picture

24. Well it’s a long way to go, but… your posters are very tempting!
    For us here in the UK, Australia is the antipodes – that means the other side of the world, so the antipodes is different for everybody. I enjoyed learning new facts from your voice mail – I didn’t know that emus and kangaroos can’t walk backwards, nor had I heard of the 12 apostles. But do you know what, there is still one thing holding me back from visiting, despite your wonderful posters and descriptions… I still don’t think I would like those spiders!!!

• Dear Mrs Monaghan,

Hello my name is Lilli.

If you were to come to Australia what would you like to see first? :?

wich stat would you like to visit first?

I love going to Queensland for holidays so I would recommend Queensland.

I love Queensland so much because it always has graet BEACHES and nice places to stay at!

If I was to go to the UK the first thing I would go on is the double deck bus. :)

From Lilli (4KM)

I enjoyed your posters and voice thread about Australian icons. A long, long time ago I was an exchange teacher in Australia. During my year as a teacher in Australia, I had to opportunity to visit many of the icons you have shared in your class blog. Your post has brought back many fond memories of “The Land Down Under”, and I thank you for that. You live in a beautiful country and have some many animals that are unique to the world’s largest island.
    I want to call to your attention what I think is also an Australian icon. This icon is only 463 kilometers from “Jilong”. Many articles written about this place call it world famous. It has color (colour) in its name. What is the name of the place I think of as an Australian icon?
    Happy learning to one of my favorite (favourite) classes in the world.
    Your #1 Fan in San Antonio Texas USA

• Dear Mr Cantrell,

My name is Maha from 4KM.

Thank you for commenting on our blog.

I also enjoyed the Voice Threads and the Australian icons 4KJ and 4KM made.

It must have been exciting being an exchange teacher here in Australia. I think you must’ve had a fantastic time visiting the icons here.

Our post has brought lots of memories to me and lots of other people and your welcome Mr Cantrell!

You are one the heaps of people that have said that our country is beautiful and have very unique animals and I agree with you 100%.

I do not know what place you are talking about and it is very weird because you said it is very famous and has articles written about it.

Please comment again,

Maha :D

• Dear Maha,

Yes, I did have a fantastic time visiting the glorious sites and icons of Australia. It may have been many years ago but they are still fresh in my mine’s eye. I can close my eyes and still see the magnificent beautiful of Uluru (called Ayers Rock back then).

I was under the South Australia Department of Education for my teaching duties during my teacher exchange. The Department was very kind to me, and I was allowed to live in a different city each term during the year. Therefore, I had the opportunity to call Adelaide, Mt. Gambier, and Darwin NT my home for a few months.

Now back to one of my favorite (favourite) icons. It is so close to Geelong and may not seem like an icon to you and your classmates. I had the pleasure of living close to this body of water and spent many days observing its beauty. Have I given you enough clues to name a place I call an Australian icon?

Your San Antonio Texas Blogging Buddy,

Mr. Rich Cantrell

• Dear Mr Cantrell,

Thank you for replying to me.

Yes, even though you visited Australia a long time ago you can still imagine it like you have just been here yesterday! It must have been beautiful seeing Uluru or Ayers Rocks.

Well the funny thing is I was born in South Australia Mt Gambier ! It must have been great to teach over there because it is a very quiet place and there are beautiful lakes and parks.

Yes visiting those three places is like seeing the heart and quietness of Australia!

I think I know what icon you are talking about. With the help of my teacher we came up with Blue Lake. Please tell me if it is right or wrong! If it is Blue Lake I would’ve known but I haven’t been to Mt Gambier since I was a baby! I think the clues you gave us helped us to guess.

Please comment again,

Maha :D

• Maha,

You are right on with Blue Lake as my Australia icon. Check out these pictures of Blue Lake: https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+lake+mt+gambier&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS390&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5HBqT7qVMojpsQLgnbTfBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=617
            While in Mt. Gambier, we lived close to a family that owned a limestone quarry. I found visiting the quarry and watching the cutting of limestone to be very interesting plus also a beautiful site. There is now a very educational attraction called The Lady Nelson Discovery Centre. Here is a summary of the centre: Take a walk in time through “The Lady Nelson” Discovery Centre to see how our land was before European Settlement. Interact with the high technological displays to see the ghostly figure of Christina Smith as she steps down from the photograph to tell of her experiences. Walk on the exciting glass floor of the Cave Walk. See and hear the neon volcano explode.
            Maha, you were certainly born in a beautiful area of Australia. I think it may be a time for you to revisit your birth town. It would be a dream come true if I could revisit Mt Gambier.
            There is a teacher exchange family spending time in Wollongong NSW this year. They are from Denver Colorado. I shared about them on my personal blog recently. http://rcantrell38.blogspot.com/2012/01/adventures-of-annie-and-her-boys.html You may enjoy reading about their impressions of your beautiful country.
            Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? I so, there could be an exchange year of teaching somewhere on this fantastic planet.

Your Blogging Buddy Who Once Lived in Mt Gambier
            Mr. Rich Cantrell

26. Dear 4km and 4kj,

I am 8 years old. I have 2 dogs and 3 fish. My name is Nate. I liked the video “theres nothing like Australia”. My favorite color is blue.

from,
    Nate in Mr. Salsich’s class :lol:

27. Dear Mr Cantrell,

I am doing a new comment so our conversation doesn’t get too small.

Thaank you for telling me if I was right or wrong for guessing the icon. I think my parents visited the Blue Lake when I was about a few months old. Most people don’t know I was born Mt.Gambier because my mum was born in Pakistan.

I don’t actually know what a limestone “quarry” is. But it must have been seeing the the site and the cutting of the limestone.

I have never heard of the Lady Nelson Discovery Centre at all. I think it must have been great going back in time to see Australia in it’s wild and out back form. I just can’t believe that the technology know a days has formed so quickly! It seems rather scary to me. I haven’t heard of Christina Smith before but it must have been nice to hear her experiences. It must have been exciting going on a Cave Walk and walking on glass! Can you please tell me when you heard the neon volcano explode were you excited, frightened or did you have mixed feelings?

Hearing your experiences about going to Mt.Gambier I agree, I must have been born in a beautiful place only I don’t remember a lot. I also agree with you again that I must visit my birth place again. I will have a talk with my mum and dad. I think it will be a dream come true for you if you visit Mt.Gambier again because you must’ve had a fantastic time!

I hope the family that are spending their time in Wollongong are having a fun time. I will visit your blog very soon.

I have thought of being a teacher and I would love to be one.

Please comment again,

Maha :D

• Maha,

Thank you for starting a new comment to enlarge our writing area. I am also delighted that you have given thought to being a teacher. The teaching profession can abound with rewards as you see students discover their passion, grow, and mature.

Back to our discussion of icons, my favorite Australian icon would have to be Uluru (Ayers Rock). I know it is a scared place to the Aboriginal people, and you may not be able to climb Uluru at the present time. During my stay in Australia you could climb to the top of Uluru. The magnificent panoramic view from the top of Uluru quickly placed it at the pinnacle of my list of Australian attractions. If we consider man made icons of the Land Down Under, the list would be topped by the Sydney Opera House. Viewed from land or sea, it is a breath taking site.

From what you have read and studied about the United State, what would be your favorite (favourite) American icon?

Your Texas Blogging Buddy

Mr. Rich Cantrell

• Dear Mr.Cantrell,

Thank you for leaving a wonderful reply to me.

I agree with you, if I was a teacher, I would teach not just for the prizes I would teach for the learning for the other students.

My favorite icon is is the Sydney Harbour Bridge but Uluru is an all time favorite all around the world. It is a very sacred place to the Aboriginal because it very old and full of traditional paintings and drawings. You can still climb Uluru but you have to have booked a time, but the view is a once in a lifetime view. Yes, the experience is breath taking.

My favorite icon would probalbly be The Statue of Liberty because it stands out.

Maha :D

28. Maha,

I think your favorite US icon, The Statue of Liberty, would probably be the same for many people around the world. The statue was a gift from the country of France and has come to stand for a place where people have much freedom.

I believe term 2 is coming to an end this week for you and your classmates. I wish you and your family a beautiful break from school. Have a great time, enjoy your self, as you get ready for another exciting term in 4KM/4KJ. Most children in the US have been experience what we call “Spring Break” this month. As you know, our hemisphere is now in spring and oh is it beautiful around many parts of South Texas. This is a photopeach video of spring flowers just south of San Antonio in 2010. http://photopeach.com/album/9vi2m9

Maybe we can begin a new conversation next term. Hugs to you, your classmates, Mrs. Morris, and Ms. Jordan.

The biggest 4KM/4KJ fan in San Antonio Texas,
    Mr. Rich Cantrell

• Dear Mr Cantrell,

Thank you for replying to me! Our conversation is so long i cannot believe it!

Yes, my favorite US icon is lots of peoples favorites too! I never knew that the statue came from France as a gift.

Yes, our school is finishing for this term and I am very sad that school is nearly finished but I am looking forward to the holidays and sleeping in.

It must be beautiful around spring when all the leaves on the trees grow back and the flowers bloom once again.

I will have a look at your photo-peach and send you another comment.

Yes, we will begin a new conversation next term. I will be on the look out for your comment and I will reply to you as soon as I can.

I am going to miss replying to you but my face will be shining when you reply back to me next term.

Happy blogging!

Maha :D