Our Classroom

When Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris team taught 2KM and 2KJ, they were lucky enough to work in a large open classroom.

This year, they have moved to the Grade Four area where they’re working in two portables. This hasn’t stopped 4KM and 4KJ working together and everyone is enjoying being a part of one big class.

Over the holidays, Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris spent many days working on their classrooms and they have taken some before and after photos to share with our blogging buddies.

The before photos were after Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris had already removed a lot of rubbish and done a lot of cleaning!

The after photos show a work in progress. Together with the students, Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris are always working on making their classroom a bright and attractive learning environment!

Leave a comment and describe your ideal classroom!

34 thoughts on “Our Classroom

Wow our classrooms were very messy before you cleaned it up. I also can’t belive you had to clean the walls.

When you cleaning our classrooms did it take you all hoildays?
    Did you buy any new stuff for our class?
    My I idea for a classroom would be…
    I like nice clean rooms and I like some colour but not as much.

From your blogging buddy
    Jess 😆

2. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    Your classrooms have undergone quite a transformation and are looking very attractive and colourful now. The linking space looks to be very handy also.

My ideal classroom would have no ‘mess’ but it never seems to turn out that way in B4, we get lots of piles of books and bits and pieces! It would also have a bit more lower-level display space although I do love all of our windows.

I’m sure your classrooms will soon fill up with lots of your great work over the year.

from Mrs McKenzie

• Dear Mrs Mckenzie and B4,

that was a great comment!
      My ideal classroom would be very neat
      and very colourful.

Bronte

3. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

I can see your classroom has grown from a normal space into a fantastic learning environment. It’s amazing what can be done with a little thought and a big effort. 2012 is going to be a good year. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• Dear Ross Mannell,

Yes as you said our clasaroom has grown into a fantastic learning environment!

Ive just got one question for you:
      What’s your favourite lerning environment?

From Your Blogging Buddy,
      Georgia(4KM)

• Dear Georgia,

Thank you for replying to my comment.

While I had always tried to make my classrooms a fun learning place to be, some of my favourite learning environments have been outdoors. This can be around the school or on an excursion. There is something special about being around what you are studying or simply sitting in the shade of a tree reading a book. We get to use our five senses. Being able to see, hear, touch, feel and possibly even taste the world around us gives a full experience of how great our world is.

Some of my favourite lessons have been impromptu lessons (a lesson where nothing was planned). Here is an example of one of my favourites….

One of the schools in which I taught had little grass. The playground was covered with asphalt. To many it appeared a lifeless surface but they needed to look closer.

After an assembly, my class and I were heading back to the classroom when I asked them to gather around a crack in the asphalt. As we watched, ants were streaming out of their ant hole. Some of them had wings.

We talked about ants we mostly see being females yet the winged ants were a mixture of males and females. We talked about how the winged ants pair up and try to form a new colony where they land together.

Next I explained the winged ants normally try to climb a little higher before flying. I asked them what was wrong here. They said the ants had nothing to climb so I poked a twig in near the ant hole and asked them to watch. They were excited as the winged ants climbed the twig and flew. On arriving back in class, they were excited and wanted to learn more about ants.

Parents had commented on some of these impromptu lessons. They spoke of how excited their children had been when arriving home. My secret is simple, I am still curious and excited by many things I see and like to share the excitement of learning with others.

Be curious and excited about the world we live in, whether in class or out in the open, and you’ll find yourself on a great journey. What journey? Your journey will be a life full of learning. I still am curious and get excited when I discover new things. I hope never to stop learning. ☺

@RossMannell
        Teacher, NSW, Australia

Wow what an awesome job Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan did getting your classroom ready for 2012. I must say it looks great as it really is hard to believe it still is the same classroom.

I do like a classroom which is well organized, neat and tidy which by looking at your slideshow it has all those elements. Also I love a classroom filled with heaps of colour and windows.
    Which by the looks of things your classroom does have heaps of colour which great to see.

Great work Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan!

From AA.

5. That looks like a lot of hard work and effort has gone into transforming your classrooms into a bright and cheerful working environment. Well done! You seem to have a lot of space, which is great – I would love my storage space to look as organised and pristine as yours! I would like a desk-cleaning fairy in my classroom who would come and tidy, file or recycle the papers that pile up on my desk! It is a big joke in our class that I have a rotten memory and can never remember where I’ve put my notebook with all my notes and reminders in! Fortunately I have a very helpful class who can usually locate it for me… What a great idea to do ‘before’ and ‘after’ 🙂

6. Hey Guys,
    The classrooms are looking fantastic.
    I love lables and organisation too.
    Hope you all enjoy the year with your teachers and classmates.
    Tracy ( Kadyns Mum )

• Hi Tracey,
      I am James from 4KM
      it is great to have so many people comenting on the Blog and I hope to see you comenting soon

from James :mrgreen:

7. The classrooms look wonderful. They look neat and tidy too. Well done teachers, and thank you for your efforts. My ideal classroom is lots of natural light, with warmth in winter and coolness in summer. Organisation is essential. I love labelling too! When I went to school, the teacher used to turn off the lights and we were allowed to go out for regular drinks at the drink taps. There was no air conditioning and no fans, so we took it fairly easy.

• Dear Hellen,
      Thankyou so much for your comment.Our teachers love student perents comments and now we are just staring to get some of them.

Patrick didn’t even know that you left a comment on our class blog.
      Please keap commenting onour blog.

From Clancy (Patricks friend) 🙂

I love what Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan did to your class rooms they look fantastic.

You have done a lot of organizing which is a lot of hard work I don’t think I could have done that much organizing.

I like a colourful room, I also like everything to be labeled, also I tend to like a comfy room that makes you feel cheerful while sitting in that comfy room.

4KM and 4KJ enjoy your new classroom 🙂

Bianca.

• Dear BB,

this is a fantastic coment.I also like everything to be labled too.

I think they did a really good job at tidying everything up.I am really enjoing this new classroom.

from Thomas

• Dear mrs Watanabe,
      Thanks for comenting on our 4KM and 4KJ blog.

Yes our classes do look fantastic same with the blog,it is a fantastic learning space isn’t it.

i hope you can cooment on our blog again.

from,
      Trent (4KM) 😕

9. I am shocked … a World Map that doesn’t have England at the centre of it ! 🙂
    Classroom organisation is so important, it’s amazing how much time is spent on making something fairly impractical work.
    I spent most of my class teaching career in portable huts, I quite like them. As a Head I still spend so much time improving environments.
    I think wherever you guys taught the children would bring your environment alive.

Mr E
    Hawes (Eng)

• Hi Mr E,
      thanks for your comment!
      Yes everyone needs a clean, tidy and organised classroom 🙂
      Please visit again!

From your friend,
      Libby 8)

10. Dear Jess,

Thank you for leaving your comment.
    I also can’t belive they had to clean the walls too!Thanks again.

from your blogging buddy,
    Iesha

What a messy classroom it was before, but now it`s a beautiful classroom.

I hope you all have a great time in 4KM and 4KJ.

From Adam (4KM) 👿

• dear adam,

I agree it was a messy calss room befour i am just glad we had the best techers that spent all there holadays cleaning the class.

So i thank Miss Morris and Miss Jorden for all there efert they put into cleaning the class so we should try to ceep the class nice and neat and tidy.

from yor friend,
      hayden

You guys are amazing teachers!
    I want to say “Thanks You” for linking my blog
    with yours. It means so much to me!!! 🙂
    I hope I can send something to you tell me somethings
    Australia doesn’t have that North America does???
    It’s 7:10 pm which means time to eat dinner. YUM! Talk Soon!

Sincerely,
    Taite B.

• Hi Taite,
      Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are great teachers.
      Here are some things that North America have but Australia doesn’t:
      You guys have Baloney (meat) but we don’t.
      Sorry I couldn’t think of much else to say about North America and Australia I am sorry 🙁

From your friend,
      Libby 8) bye!

Our Year Level works in portables also. We have 4 classes, but we all work together in one big group. We call our rooms “learning spaces”. We have “bubble’s blue room”, “waffles red room”, “george’s green room” and “oscar’s yellow room”. We have 650 students at our school. How many students are at your school ?

We are also starting blogging for the first time.

You can visit our blog at http://gr4ceps.global2.vic.edu.au

From 4J @ Cranbourne East Primary School.

14. Dear Mr Duncan,
    Thank you for your lovely comment. We have 730 students at our school and your classrooms names are funny. Good luck with your new blog

From Lilli (4KM) 8)

15. Hi 4KM and 4KJ
    Wow! You did alot of renovating to your classrooms before school started. It must have taken hours to label everything in the store room. When I was in 4KMs room last year it looked alot diffrent to what it is now!

From Jamie 🙂

16. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    The classes look amazing!
    How did you get it done so fast well it looks like it!
    I’ll visit again 🙂
    Clint (Libby’s dad) 8)

• Dear Clint,
      Hi my name is Lilli. Thank you for your wonderful comment.I also think the classes look amazing.

Have a wonderful weekend 8)

From your
      blogging
      buddy
      Lilli 8)

17. Dear students and others,

I just want to say what a great job you’ve done with this. It’s the best student blog I’ve seen so far.

Keep doing what your doing,
    John Cena.

What a wonderful colorful and bright looking learning environment your classrooms are, well done! 4KJ & 4KM.

Regards Anthea (Lachlan’s mum) ps:I will look forward to reading more of your interesting blog posts in the future.: