Welcome To A New School Year!

Today is the first day of the 2012 school year at Leopold Primary School in Victoria, Australia.

After five weeks of summer holidays, Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan were excited to greet the 52 students in 4KM and 4KJ this morning!

We had a very warm summer in Leopold and it was wonderful to hear what all of the students enjoyed over the holidays.

Mrs Morris and her husband, Nate, hosted Christmas lunch for their families. They also visited Nate’s family in Phillip Island. Mrs Morris and Nate enjoyed a road trip through Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia. Here is Mrs Morris enjoying seeing the sights on their holiday.

Miss Jordan travelled back to her family’s home in Pomonal (near Halls Gap) for her Christmas celebrations. In January she painted her house and she also enjoyed seeing friends, going shopping, cooking and reading over the holidays.

What did you enjoy most about your holidays?

What are you looking forward to in 2012?

74 thoughts on “Welcome To A New School Year!

1. Dear Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris,

Wow, I just can’t believe the holidays are over already. The five weeks have just flown by.

My holiday highlight was going to the Australian Open, we saw Victoria Azarenka, Bernard Tomic and the most wonderful Kim Clijsters. I was lucky enough to get my tennis ball signed by her!
    I’m looking forward to a great year!
    See you soon,
    Liv

• Dear Liv,

What a quality comment! ๐Ÿ˜€
      I agree with you, those six weeks were gone in a flash. It’s good to be back at school though.

Wow! What a great highlight. Not many people get to see the Australian Open live, especially if it’s your favourite player, Kim Clijsters. Cool! Getting your ball signed by the wonderful Kim Clijsters is even better!
      I’m not that into tennis as you are but it sounds like you had alot of fun!

Here’s some questions,
      Did Kim Clijsters win?
      What week did you go?
      Did you know that Kim used to be called ‘Aussie Kim’?

Millie ๐Ÿ˜†

• Dear Millie,

Thanks for the great reply.
        It is good to be back at school. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was pretty amazing to see Kim Clijsters and get my ball signed by her. Lleyton Hewitt brushed past me as we were waiting at the player entrance. It was really COOL. We also seen the Leopold legend Ben Graham, Bon and I had our
        photo taken aswell.

Yes Millie, Aussie Kim did win when I saw her play but lost to Victoria Azarenka (Australian Open Women’s winner 2012) in the semi final. ๐Ÿ™ We went week 1 day 1 which was fun. Yes I did know they called her Aussie Kim.

Here’s some questions for you:
        Did you watch the tennis on TV?
        Did you know Aussie Kim dated Lleyton Hewitt in the past?
        Talk soon,

Your blogging buddy
        Liv ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Dear Liv,

Wow, you got your tennis ball signed by Kim Clijsters! I also can’t belive you also saw Azarenka and Bernard Tomic! I have to agree with you the holidays have flown.

Who took you to the tennis?

Your friend
      Georgia

• Dear Georgia,

Thanks for the quality comment. It was great.

It was pretty cool to watch Azarenka and Bernard Tomic. Lleyton Hewitt brushed past me as we were waiting at the player entrance.

I went with my mum and Bon. We went week 1 day 1.

Heres a few questions:
        How was your holiday?
        What are you looking forward to this year?

Talk soon,
        Your blogging buddy,
        Liv ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Dear Ms Jordan and Ms Morris,

The holidays were great for me.
      I had an excellent time.Did you?

One of my favorite things was going to a pool party on New Years Eve and staying up until midnight!At the pool party i saw three of my friends who owned the pool:Georgia,Anthony and Sienna.Some of the other things i enjoyed was:Going to Adventure park,going to the cinema twice and meeting up with my cousin from Brisbane and going to the pool.

I would love to hear about the exciting things others got up to over the holidays.

See you later!
      Indiana:D

2. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    We like your post because we have just started our school year too. We started on Tuesday 31 January.
    We all enjoyed the holidays too. Some people went to the movies; some enjoyed going to the beach; some of us went fishing and looking for creepy crawlies; some people went shopping; lots of us went swimming; everyone enjoyed Christmas.

Fourteen of us were in B4 last year and six kids are new to B4.
    This week we are looking forward to the A&P Show and Waitangi Day (which is like Australia Day).
    What did you do for Australia Day?

bye for now
    your blogging friends in B4

• Dear B4

I am Max From 4KJ It Sounds Like you had a fun holiday.I went to the beach,the tennis which was lots of fun and Adventure Park (which is a water park).Most of all I enjoyed Christmas Day and spending time with my family.

From Your Blogging Buddy Max

• dear max,

we like your comment, we are from 4kj and 4km.

we watched the tennis on the tv.

your bloging friends,
        hayden and ben.

Welcome back to school! I know you are all going to have an exceptional year with your new teachers, Mrs. Morris and Miss Jordan!

I really enjoyed seeing the photos from the vacation. It is so important to take time off for yourself and enjoy free time. It looks like the two teachers had a fantastic break!

It is funny to imagine that it is summer where you are in the southern hemisphere. In the northern hemisphere, we are in the middle of winter. Even thought it is winter, it has not been very cold. It was around 70หšF (21หš C) here.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and watching you learn. Have a wonderful day!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

• Dear Mrs Yollis,

Thank you for commenting on our class blog.
      My name is Hannah and I am in Miss Jordans class.Today was our first day at school for the year.I am looking forward to sharing photos and information with you.I liked your fantastic comment from Hannah.

• Dear Mrs Yollis,

Thankyou for our blog comment it was very nice.Looks you had a great hoilday.It was nice for me too!

bye
      jess [4KJ]

4. Dear Mrs Morris, Miss Jordan and class,

Wow I can’t believe it you are already back at school.
    Must say these school holidays have gone fast.

I have really enjoyed these holidays for I been to New South Wales too and catching up with family which is always nice.

Hope you all have a super year with your teachers and blogging too.

From AA.

• Dear AA,

Thankyou for your comment on our class blog. Yes, the holidays have gone very fast but it’s nice to have a break.

It sounds as though you had a nice holiday, going to New South Wales would be fun. I agree that spending time with family is always good.

I’m sure we will have a fantastic year in 4KM and 4KJ and we’ll enjoy blogging too!

Liv (4KJ) ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Dear Miss Jorden and Mrs Morris,

It is so weird being back at shcool after such a long hoilday.

My favourite thing about my hoilday was going away to Queensland.We went to the Gold Cost and then Noosa.Noosa was probley the best.My hoilday was great how about yours!
    BYE!
    from Jess.

6. dear Mrs Morris and Mrs Jordan,

I am realy looking forward to being in your grade this year. I think it will fantastic! Please tell me what subjects we are learning about this year?

Well I’m looking forward tob Seeing you tomorrow
    then.

By for now Clancy!
    Ps
    Thanks for the great day.

• @ Clancy,

Thanks for your comment, and I’m glad you had a great day! I am so glad to teach you again, you’re a terrific student.

You asked what we’ll be learning about this year. Well, we will do lots of fun reading, writing and maths topics throughout the year. We’ll also be doing Art, P.E and Indonesian this semester. We’ll have some fun integrated curriculum themes each term and Bike Ed will be a real highlight later in the year!

See you tomorrow! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your teacher,
      Miss Jordan

7. Dear Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris.
    It looks like you both enjoyed your holidays.I went to Sydney,we went to the centre point tower and to the aquarium,we stayed at my grandparents and had a great time.From Hannah.

8. Dear Max
    Thanks for your reply. It’s so good to see that you are already getting into blogging.
    The Adventure park sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have to pay to go on rides there?

from Mrs McKenzie and B4

• Dear B4

Thanks for replying.Yes you do have to pay to go into Adventure Park but the rides are free.

Good to see everyone has started blogging again.

See you soon Max

9. Dear Class,

wow my first day of school was fantastic, Ienjoyed every bit of it. I fell asleep at 10.00pm last night because I was so exited Icoudn’t sleep. So it was worth it.

thank you

from your class mate maddy

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you this year through your blog. I teach a grade 2/3 class on a little island off the west coast of Canada. There are only 13 students in our class, and 50 students in our whole school.

It sure looks like Mrs. Morris and Miss Jordan enjoyed their holidays! It will be fun to see what interesting things the students got up to on their breaks too. We had 2 week break for Christmas and are at the halfway point of our school year.

Welcome back!
    Mrs. W

• Dear Mrs Watson,

We are Charlotte and Olivia from Miss Jordans class(4KJ).
      Thankyou for such an amazing quality comment. We all had a fantastic holiday. I’m sure we’ll be great blogging buddys.

In 4KM and 4KJ there are 52 of us. In the whole school there is at least 750 students.

We are looking forward to sharing stories and doing projects.

Here are some questions:
      What was your favourite thing to do on your holiday?
      How many classes are there at your school?

Your blogging buddies,
      Charlotte and Olivia (4KJ) ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hi Mrs. Watson

Leopold Primary School got a five week holiday. It sounds like the kids had a fantastic holiday. We are all looking forward too knowing you better as well. We have 52 children in our class.Please can you tell us what the island called.

From Maddy and Libby In 4km and 4kj in Victoria.

11. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,

I hope you all had a fabulous first day back at school! From the comments it seems like everyone is excited and ready for a new year at school. Our first day back is not until tomorrow!

What a wonderful holiday Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris have had. I hope that you all enjoyed your holidays too. I know I did.

The thing I enjoyed most about my holiday was being able to spend lots of time with family and friends.

In 2012 I am looking forward to learning about my new grade 4,5,6 class and making connections with schools all over the world.

Looking forward to following your blog and reading all about the wonderful things you get up to this year!

Miss Spink

• Dear Miss Spink,

Thank you for the comment.We have just started our new school year.We are having a wonderful time at school.
      I am in 4KJ I’m looking forward to keep blogging with you.

From Your Buddy Heath ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Dear Mrs.Morris and Miss.Jordan,

Wow,my holidays have gone fast it feels like yesterday we were finishing school for 2011!

My favorite highlight was going to Sydney to see the Sydney fireworks!

What was your favorite thing to do in the holidays?
    I am looking forward to be in your class!

See you soon,
    Maha

13. Hi 4KM and 4KJ
    Welcome back to school! I know you and your teachers are going to have a fabulous year ahead of learning ahead. I teach a year 7/8 class in Wellington, New Zealand.

These Summer Holidays I moved from Auckland, near the top of the North Island, to Wellington New Zealand’s capital city. I flew down to Wellington early in the new year. The weather was so bad that the plane tried to land not once, not twice but four times! It was really scary and I was so relieved when we finally touched down.

Stephanie

14. Dear 4KJ and 4KM,

I could not wait until school started again. the thing that I miss about school was playing with my friends and specialists. this is the third year I have had Miss Jorden.

bye for now
    from
    Tom

Welcome back and welcome to a new year! I am so impressed to see all of you commenting already. Well done! And I can’t wait to see what fun you get up to this year.

I just met my grade 3/4 class today and we are very excited about the start of the new year. Our blog will be up and running next week, so we will have to come and visit yours to see what the pros at Leopold are up to!

Your blogging neighbour in Pt Lonsdale,

Mrs Murphy

• Dear Mrs.Murphy,
      How was your holiday?
      Where did you go and what did you do?
      We are very excited to be blogging and skyping with you this year.

Shakira went to the aquarium and I went to Sydney to see the fireworks!

We are so happy that were back at school and going to be blogging with you and everyone else!

From Shakira 4kj
      and Maha 4km ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hello Maha and Shakira,

My holiday was great. We had family come and visit, so we spent most of our time exploring around the Bellarine Peninsula and Melbourne.

I can’t wait to start blogging with all of ye as well. Enjoy your weekends.
        Mrs Murphy

• Dear Mrs Murphy,

Our names are Hannah and Sophie. We are in 4KJ.

Thank you for commenting on our blog, it was a fantastic comment. We can’t wait for your blog to be up and running.

We have a lot of fun in 4KJ already with our awesome teachers.

From your blogging buddies,
      Hannah and Sophie

• Hi Hannah and Sophie,

You do have fantastic teachers, you are very lucky! And I am very lucky as well because we get to blog with all of ye.

I am glad you are having fun and I will let you know our blog address as soon as we are up and running.

Enjoy your weekends.

Mrs Murphy

Welcome back! It’s always exciting to start a new school year and because of blogging, you’ll get to meet so many new classes!

Even though we live in the United States, we still found many ways to work with Mrs. Morris and Miss Jordan. We used a website called Storybird to write stories together. I also skyped into your class last year and Mrs. Morris skyped into ours!

We look forward to working with you and getting to know you. We may even have a little project planned for in a few weeks to help you get to know your blogging buddies a little better! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

• Dear Mr Avery,

Hello, I’m Skye and I’m Cameron.

Thanks for the fabulous comment! 4KJ and 4KM can’t wait to blog with you more.

It’s great to be your blogging buddy.

What do you like the best about blogging?

Your blogging buddies,

Skye and Cameron ๐Ÿ™‚

• Dear Mr Avery,

Hi Mr Avery it would very fun to do a little project with you.
      We would like to get to know a little bit better.

Sorry we did’nt tell you who we are.I’m CLancy and thats Ronan.:)
      We Just came back to school from our holidays.

Have a great year and we might see you soon.
      ๐Ÿ™‚
      From Roanan and Clancy!

17. Dear Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan

WoW school start agin. I can’t believa it.
    I have so mach to bring

I want to bring my gold from sovereign hill today.

See both of you at school.
    cam

18. Also keep your fingers crossed kids that we might have another class blog to add to the list we have a german exchange student with us his name is Lukas and he has a mum who is a primary school teacher and a sister who is about the same age as the kids in 4km/4kj and over the summer I ws asking him if they had a blog or if the school had one so far I don’t know yet but hopefully we will find out soon and we will let you all know.

• Dear Bri,

Thankyou for the comment.
      I hope we do get to see the blog it would be good.

Thanks agin for the comment!:)

From Clancy:)

19. Dear Cam

Wow What a great comment

I know the six weeks have flown by and now we are back at school.

Keep Blogging

From Max and Heath ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Dear Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan,

The holidays have gone by so fast,
    dont you agree?

Were really excited for our school subjects this year and its really nice having both of you as our teacher this year.

From Travis and Adam:) (4KM)

21. To 4KM and 4KJ,

We couldn’t wait until this school year started.
    We’re looking forward to having a great year with everyone in 4KM and 4KJ.

We both went to Creswick with eath other, we both had lots of fun.

from Tom and Olivia

22. Dear MRS Morris
    the holidays have flown by so quikly.

On the holidays i went port cambel wich is were the 12 Aposlls and the blow hole are.Have you seen the BLOW hole befor.

23. Dear 4km and 4kj,

I’m so excited about this new blog but I also miss 2km and 2kj. I’m a 6th grade student from Mr. Avery’s classroom blog. I hope you guys are having a good school year so far. I hope to get to know this class better.

Your Blogging Buddy,
    Taite B.

P.S., I’m also a new time blogger.

• Dear Taite,

Thank you for writing a comment on our blog.I’m Max from 4KJ I love Blogging. I’m Looking forward to keep on blogging with you

Talk to you Soon Max

• Dear Max,

I believe you’ve had Miss Jordan or Mrs. Morris again this year. That’s how it went for me too. In 4th Grade Mr. Avery was a new teacher at my school. And then this year he moved up two grades which is 6th grade. Have to go.School.Right now it’s about 7 am.

Talk soon!
        Taite

24. hi Mrs morris and Miss jordan

Did you have a great holiday? I did I went to the Melboure zoo and i saw the baby elephant and i saw the monkeys it was great fun i got to pat the baby elephant it was soft
    bye for now
    brook,
    ps hope you have a great day

25. Dear Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris,

I wan’t to learn more about our class this so here are some questions.

What is our topic this term?
    What will be the main thing we will do for the year?
    What term is Bike Ed Camp?

write back to me soon.
    bye from JESS B-O

26. Dear Liv,

Wow! What an awesome reply! I can’t believe what quality commenter you are now. ๐Ÿ˜†

It just gets cooler and cooler, dose’nt Liv? Being really colse to Lleyton Hewitt, Getting a photo taken with the Leopold ledgend, Ben Graham and Getting your ball signed by the most wonderful, Kim Clijsters! What could be better?!

That’s great that she Kim won, even though she lost against Victoria Azarenka. Week 1! Wow! That must have been exciting, not knowing what or who to expect. ‘Aussie Kim’ is quiet a cool nickname. I wonder why they don’t call her that anymore?

Here is your answers to your questions,
    Yes I did watch a bit of the tennis and I actually quite liked it.
    No, I did not know the Aussie Kim and Lleyton Hewitt used to date.
    Well, there’s another new fact I’ve learnt today! ๐Ÿ˜€

Here’s some more questions for you,
    Did Bon like the tennis?
    Do you still play tennis?
    Would you like to be a tennis player when you grow up?

From your pal,
    Millie ๐Ÿ˜€

• Dear Millie,

I am just loving the great conversation we’re having at the moment. It might never end. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Being close to Lleyton Hewitt was really cool. Seeing Ben Graham the Leopold legend was so amazing. We were talking about the 4 and a half hour Bernard Tomic match. I do know what could be better Millie, me winning a grand slam title one day! I do also wonder why thay don’t call Kim ‘Aussie Kim’ anymore.

Bon did like the tennis as much as I did. (Well… nearly) Yes I do still play tennis on a Friday and in a competition on a Saturday morning. I would love to be a tennis star one day.
      Did you play any sport on the holidays?

Talk soon,
      Your blogging buddy,
      Liv ๐Ÿ™‚

• Dear Liv,

Wow, this conversation is awesome, I’ve got to agree. We could make a world record of ‘longest conversation through blogging.’

Wow, seeing three most wonderful people is really cool.

Wow! 4 and a half hours of playing tennis is a long time. I quite liked Bernard Tomic. It’s a shame he did’nt make it to the finals though. Yes, you are right, if you won a grand slam title that would be way better and I’d totally be there. (If I could) I think I might google why they don’t call Kim ‘Aussie Kim’ anymore.

Well, I’m glad Bon liked the tennis as much as you did (Well…nearly).

I think tennis is a great sport, now that I’ve learnt so much from you. I’d love to see you as a tennis player in a few years! (Or 20 years, give or take a few)
        Yes Liv, I did play a bit of sport on the holidays. Well not really in a team or anything like that. I did a bit of swimming, footy, netball, bike riding and running.
        Did you hear about the 6 hour game played by Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic?

From your endless conversation pal,
        Millie ๐Ÿ˜€

27. Dear 4KM and 4KJ
    On the second of February was
    a great day to start school,
    I bet the school year is going
    to be a great success!
    From your pal loren ๐Ÿ™‚

28. Hello miss jordan and mrs morris,

on the holidays my favorite thing on the holidays was going to the beach.

I also enjoyed time with my family this morning I was playing Guess who with my little sister, my older sister and my dad.

I also played tennis with my brother and my
    dad

bye for now, Riley.

• Dear Riley,

I am so happy to see you commenting on the blog. You might be one of our blogging superstars this year!

It is nice to go to the beach on a warm day. When I was younger I loved playing Guess Who with my sister.

I hope to read lots more comments from you.

Best wishes,
      Mrs Mโ˜€rris

29. To leo

hi Leo happy birthday from last year

here are some questions

do you like apple crumble? what is your favourite thing to do in your free time? and have you played minecraft?

from Riley :] see ya tomorow.

• Dear Riley,

Hmm good question about apple crumble. I have never tried it. But I think I would like it. I love choc mint ice cream, yum yum!

In my free time I love getting on Skype and chatting to my other mascot friends. We like to tell each other jokes and have lots of fun!

My friend Panda from Mrs Yollis’ class told me about Minecraft. I might try it next weekend when you’re all not at school.

Your blogging buddy,
      Leo

30. Dear Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan,

Those past few days were great I am looking forward to our year together ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love you both as my teachers this year!
    BYE!
    From Jess ๐Ÿ˜€

31. Dear Leo,

Thanks for writing back to me and wow you have alot of friends around the world.It’s great to have to have alot of friends.
    See you soon
    from JESS ๐Ÿ˜†

32. hi leo,

nice to meet you im from Miss jordans grade
    here is some question for you
    do you like grapes ?
    do you like cookies and cream ice cream ?
    do you like healthy food?
    how much friends do you have ?
    from you buddie
    brooklyn

Welcome back to school from your friends in Seattle, Washington USA. The beginning of the school year is always my favorite time of year. Everything is new and exciting and full of surprises!
    You have two wonderful teachers so I know you are starting a fabulous 4th grade year!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Hembree
    (Bulldog Readers Blog)

34. Dear Mrs Hembree,

Hi Mrs Hembree! My name is Kealee and I am I Mrs Morris grade.

It was very nice of you to say Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are wonderful. I also think they are amazing teachers and I was so exited when I saw I was in Mrs Morris gread.

Do you have any questions?

Your new friend Kealee :mrgreen:

35. to leo,

it is nice to have you in our grade.

i am from 4KM

here are some questions.

what is your favroit chocolate.
    do you like bananas.
    what is your favroit couler mine is purple.
    how old are you.

form your bloging friend, hayden.

• Dear Hayden,

I like all chocolate but I love choc mint.

I do like bananas.

My favourite colour is orange.

I am 8 years old.

Your friend,
      Leo

36. Hi leo,
    I read your reply to Riley have you had apple crumble yet? If so did you like it and what is your favourite game if any?
    From your friend Brandon.

• Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your comment.

I haven’t had an apple crumble because I don’t know how to make one! And there is no kitchen in the 4KM and 4KJ classroom.

I love playing games on Poptropica at night time.

Your friend,
      Leo

Thank you for teaching me all about yappy,i have always been very careful with H on the internet but never knew about yappy.

It’s nice to have a word that is so easy to remember.

Enjoy your time in grade 4 and i look forward to all your blogs.
    Thanks from,
    Hayden’s Mum.

• dear Kylie,

you’r welcome about yappy.
      this is what it means.

Your full name
      Adress
      Passwords
      Phone number
      Your plans

we will have a great time in grade 4.
      Because we have the best techer in the world.
      from,
      Hayden.

38. Dear 4km and 4kj
    On the 09/02/12 I was’nt at school because I went up to the new childrens hospital. I had to fast for 6 hours!
    We had a look around and got to see the Meerkat’s the hospital looks beautiful but it’s good we dont have to go there again.
    See you all on Monday.
    From lilli.

I’m home today because I am recovering from yesterday. I am really sore from getting my port out.

Anyway what are you all doing? are you all having fun? I hope so. Have a good weekend see you all on Monday.

From your class mate Lilli

• Dear Lilli,

Thanks for the great comment. It is good that you are at home but bad that you are sore for getting your port out.

To day it was LPS day and I dressed up as a super model. We spoke to Alastair today. He is the great adventurer that is rowing across the alatic ocean. We are all having a great time but we miss you. We hope you feel better on Monday.

Here are some qustions:

What was the roel hospetal like?
      Did it hurt we they did the sujury?
      Did they put you to sleep?

Hope you feel better soon.

Your blogging buddy,
      Kealee

40. Dear Kealee,
    Well we all thought that the hospital was amazing it was really really big. When you first walk in it does’nt even look like a hospital.

It did’nt hurt because I did get put to sleep so I did’nt feel anything only when I woke up.
    Thanks for asking

From your friend lilli!

41. Dear Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris,

I can’t belive the holidays are already over.
    I just wanted one more day off.
    I really like your blog.
    from your student,

Tyler

42. Hi Room 2,

We watched your video. Our class really liked it.

Did you like the curry? It looked like you did. I don’t really like curry because of the taste.

I like rowing too. I have a canoe at home and I row a lot.

From Brent upper plenty vic.