10 Things You Might Not Know About 4KM and 4KJ

Welcome to our new blog!

All the lucky 4KM and 4KJ students are going to have a wonderful year.  We will learn so much about the world, have Bike Ed and go on a camp to Maldon. Over the year, you will improve your reading, writing and maths skills.

The most exciting thing about being in 4KM and 4KJ is that we are part of a big global classroom and we will learn with students and teachers around the world.

Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan showed the students this PowerPoint presentation on the last day of the 2011 school year to talk about some of the things we’ll get up to in 2012.

What are you looking forward to in 2012?

27 thoughts on “10 Things You Might Not Know About 4KM and 4KJ

1. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,

I love this post!

I keep typing in “2KM and 2KJ” for some reason! Ha-ha…

Oh, by the way I am Jordi and I was in 2KM last year… You know Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are really fun to be great friends with! In 2011, I got my own blog! Here is the link to my blog:
    http://jordisblog.global2.vic.edu.au/

I really love to blog!

I will miss you Mrs Morris, Miss Jordan and Leo! I am VERY exited for new friends in 4KM and 4KJ.

I can’t wait to meet all the bloggers!

Good Luck, for all of you in grade four! Grade 3AH (Adam Heedan) is my class name.

Now, all of you be good for grade four, and maybe you might get a blog! 🙂

Jordi 😛

• @ Jordi,

Wow, I can’t believe you found this blog. I haven’t told anyone the address yet as I am still playing around with it.

I like your message for the grade fours. Two girls, Skye and Maha already left comments on Mrs Yollis’ blog. I think they will be great bloggers in 4KM and 4KJ.

I hope Mr Heenan makes a class blog.

Happy new year!
      Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks for the reply!

I already miss you! You know I will always follow your blogs. Maybe even when I am in high school. I am blogging forever!

I found out because I saw the 2KM and 2KJ blog that said “2kmand2kj.global2.vic.edu.au” the I thought it will be “4kmand4kj.global2.vic.edu.au/” so that is how!

Do you know how 4KM and 4KJ came in to your grade? Did they see the blog?

I saw that BB was in 4PR. I can’t remember who she is… I also thought that BB would be in your grade, oh or Miss Jordan’s grade…

I was speaking to Dana just before and she said that he may be making a class blog… Fingers crossed.

I miss you already!

Your 2011 Student,

Jordi (3AH) (Mr Adam Heenan)
        😛

• dear Mrs morris and Miss jordan
        well did you have a great holiday ? i hope you had fun its so great to have you we are looking forward to bike ed and geting our pens

2. @ Jordi,

You are very kind. I hope I will see a lot of you in 2012.

No, 4KM and 4KJ didn’t see this blog because I didn’t start it until the holidays. When it is looking better I will put the link on the 2KM and 2KJ blog for everyone to see.

Yes BB is in Mr Renkin’s grade. He is very lucky. I would have loved to teach her but I will have some great students in 4KM.

Your 2011 teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Hi Mrs Morris,

Thanks for the reply!

Oh, did the blog start on the 22nd of December. I thought that because it said on this post “made by Mrs Kathleen Morris on December the 22nd.?”

Yes, I will see a lot of you too in 2011. Visiting and blogging. Yay!

How we had the 2KM and 2KJ blog, did 2KM and 2KJ see the blog at the start of the year while we were just looking around and learning about you?…

Your 2011 Student,

Jordi

P.S You are a super star… 😛

• @ Jordi,

You are right, I made this blog on 22nd December – after school on the last day of term.

Yes, we showed 2KM and 2KJ the new blog at the start of the year.

Best wishes,
        Mrs M☀rris

3. Hi Mrs Morris,

I keep looking back at my old comments at the start of the year and I also look at my comments right now. They have got very quality. Thanks for helping me improve it!

What a great guess. The 22nd of December!

I am glad you’re a blogging teacher… Oh also a super teacher!

Is Mr. Hennan a computer teacher? Do you know?

I hope you and Miss Jordan have a great holiday!
    I am!

I miss you still!

Your 2011 Student,

See you in 2012,

J☀rdi 😛

4. Dear 4KM, 4KJ, Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris,

Hi my name is Millie and I was in 2KM (4KM to you).

I hope you learn so much because Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris tought us so much and we are hoping to continue it for as long as we can but I don’t think I can’t stop.

I also have my own blog if you want to check it out here is the link:
    milliesblog.global2.vic.edu.au

I am going to miss Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris because they are nice and they help us out with blogging and work sometimes.

You will Love Leo even though he sleeps a lot but he is still a great mascot.

Have fun and happy holidays to everyone.Be safe.

Millie

5. Hi 4KM, 4KJ, Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan,

I love the new blog it’s looks great!

By the way if you didn’t know that my name is Ava and I used to be a student in 2KM. I learnt so much blogging and I even earned my own blog. If you want I left this link for you. http://avasblog.global2.vic.edu.au/ I know you will learn so much about blogging because the two teachers that you are having will teach you so much and earn your own blog. You can earn your own blog by leaving lots of comments on the class blog and other blogs and that’s the goal to earn your own blog.

I’m going to miss Leo, Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris next year because Leo is one of the best mascots ever and Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan are like the best teachers ever and blogging teachers too. Because Leo is a lion he is not scary at all. Leo is the most friendliest lion I have ever met even though I have never met a lion before. I’ve got say that Leo is a very good blogging mascot too.

I was just looking at the little slide show and I saw it said that we joined Bay fm. I also got a post up. If you want to see it click this link and you can see the post if you want too. http://www.bayfm.com.au/index.php/lifestyle/leopold-ps/16965-avas-chocolate-brownies I hope you enjoy the post.

Have a nice time blogging, enjoy the rest of your holidays and stay safe.

From one of your blogging pals,
    Ava

6. @ 4KM and 4KJ,

I think you will love having Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan as your teacher. I did.

Mrs Morris I don’t want to go away from you.

I will try and give the 4KM and 4KJ a lot of comments.

Here is a link for the 4KM and 4KJ students http://alanasblog.gobal2.vic.edu.au/ hope you like it 4KM and 4KJ students.

Also Mrs Morris I will try and get my mum to do some more comments. Even if I’m not in this grade anymore.

I will keep on blogging.

Best Wishes,
    Alana

7. @ 4KM and 4KJ,

Wow I can’t believe you have your new blog up and running already. I know it’s going to be a great class blog.

I think the best part of being in 2KM and 2KJ was blogging, Skyping and earning my own blog.I was lucky enough to come 4th in the Edublog awarads which I never would have been able to do if I wasn’t in Mrs M☀rris’ class.

I think it’s important to learn how to write a quality comment and blog post, you can check out my tips by clicking here .

Good luck and enjoy all the learning you will get to do. I’m looking forward to being in 3AH and I hope we get our own class blog too. I hope I’m lucky enough to get into 4KM and 4KJ next year.

Happy blogging,
    Jarr☀d

What a fabulous new blog! I love the sunny background and the fun photos in the header. Fabulous!

Your “Ten Things You Might Not Know About 4KM and 4KJ” slide show was very informative. The bike unit sounds interesting to me. Does everyone bring their own bikes or does the school have a few that are used in the lessons? I’m sure my class will enjoy learning some safety tips from your class.

I also loved seeing the photos of Ryley and Ella when they were in my classroom in California. Who knows…maybe some other students or teachers will visit us this year! I hope so!

The camping trip sounds like a fun adventure as well! How far away do you go? How many nights do you stay? I used to teach fifth grade, and we would go on a one week program called Outdoor Education. The students stayed in some cabins from Monday through Friday. They learned about our local environment, the water cycle, and the native animals and plants. The teachers got to go home at night, but some teachers stayed.

I look forward to meeting the students in 4KM and 4KJ! They are quite fortunate to have two passionate and motivated teachers for the year!

Students, what do you hope to learn in grade 4? Have you ever blogged? What kinds of technology do you hope to use in the classroom?

Your new friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

9. Dear 4KM & 4KJ,
    I love the look of your new 4th grade blog! Like Mrs. Yollis, I like the photos in your header. Are they photos from your area of Australia?
    I wanted to watch the PowerPoint but it won’t work on my device. I will have to wait until Monday to see it.
    I hope you have a great start to the year! In 2012 I am looking forward to learning more about technology and meeting some of my blogging friends.
    Mrs. Hembree

10. Hello 4KM and 4KJ,

Well, the summer holidays have come to an end. Children in NSW return on Monday Jan 30 and you not so long after.

I hope you have a wonderful year in 2012. I look forward to many blog posts and a chance to visit and comment as I had for 2KM and 2KJ in 2011. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

11. Hi 4KM and 4KJ

You are going to have a wonderful year of learning in your global classroom with Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan! I’m looking forward to seeing what exciting things they have planned for you in Grade 4 this year…

I’m looking forward to teaching in our brand new library and having lots of fun celebrating Australia’s first National Year of Reading with our students! I’m also hoping our library can connect and learn with school libraries in other countries.

Have a great year! I’ll be staying tuned…

Miss Y 🙂

12. Hi 4KM and 4KJ,
    I love the look of your new class blog for 2012! I’m sure it will be a great place for sharing your learning and all the fun things that you do this year:) Even though I live a long way from your school (in Sydney), your teachers Mrs Morris and Ms Jordan have taught me so much about blogging. This year I hope that I can encourage more teachers at my school to blog and share what I have learnt along the way. I’m really looking forward to blogging with my Kindergarten kids in 2012 (I always get excited at the beginning of the year!).
    I wonder if any of you have ever blogged before?
    Hope you get off to a great start,

From Ms Dowling and KD
    PS – Say `Hi’ to Leo for me

• Hi there Jdowlo,
      were Trent and James from 4KM.

thanks for posting on our blog.
      Wow Sydney is a very far away place, we live in leopold.

Dont worry we said hi to Leo for you and yes 4KMand 4KJ is a great place for sharing and learning new things

yes most of us have blogged before

from James and Trent 😆

Hi my name is Mikayla and I was in Mrs morris class last year.

In 2012 I am looking forwod tojust starting a new year and also just doing new things as well.

I really like your blog post and also I like the slideshow as well.

I hop you guys really like 2012 and I hop you work hard as well.

Mikayla 😆

Hi my name is Kayla and I used to be in Miss Jordan’s class.

I have been having a great time off school, I have been on holidays to Green Hill Lake, played a game of mini golf, had play overs and lots more!

I hope you all have had a great christmas and got lots of presents.

I have 1 thing to say to 4KM and 4KJ: I hope you have a great year with Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris because I did! 😆

I have also got somthing to say to Miss Jordan and Mrs Morris: I’m going to miss you so I will try to make some time to vist you. OK

I have to go now.

Love From Kayla 🙂 ♥♥♥

15. Dear Miss Jordan ,

the past few days have been great.It’s good that I actully have a teacher that uses the interative white board heaps I love you as my teacher it’s great!
    bye
    from JESS 😀

16. hi , Miss Jordan what are we learning Nextweek? and you are great fun I like making the birthday cards and the stars and I hope you like them too.
    do you like chocolate ?
    how much friends do you have?
    bye for now,
    from Brooklyn
    p.s I like you as a teacher

17. Hello! I am a 2nd grade teacher in Northern California! My colleague and I stumbled upon your website as we were researching a co-teaching model, and it seems that the two of you have made this work quite nicely. In addition you seem to incorporate 21st century learning skills into your classroom on a daily basis. Our school is in the process of opening a second school and we are looking into the co-teaching model as well as building learning suites with flexible spaces and shared spaces rather then the traditional classroom. I’m wondering if I could email you a list of questions to help us in this journey. Thank you in advance!

• Hi Ann Marie,

You’re right, we love team teaching and using a lot of tech. Team teaching isn’t as easy this year as we’re in two separate traditional classrooms rather than a large open space like the last two years. So we do the best we can!

I think you’ll find all the answers to your questions on this post I wrote http://primarytech.global2.vic.edu.au/2011/10/04/team-teaching/

If you check out the comments on that post and my answers then that will help as well.

Good luck,
      Mrs Kathleen Morris